Unequal length of messages in conversations

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Unequal length of messages in conversations

Post by kuchitsu »

Sometimes I get lengthy PMs but I can't think of that much stuff to say, so I send significantly smaller replies. Then I wonder if that makes me look disrespectful.

I also have some online friends that nearly always write much shorter messages than I do. So occasionally I wonder if these relationships are kinda one-sided and it is only me who cares about them.

Or maybe it's not the length that matters. But I often find it hard to think in this manner, and I can feel almost obligated to type just as many words as my friend did.
Igge
38mins club

Re: Unequal length of messages in conversations

Post by Igge »

me 2
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

it's ok. for example Nekit always writes long sentences but does not like when other people write a lot
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

It's silly and doesnt even warrant being called a formality. "I love you" can carry more weight than a thousand words in the right context.
God Bless America
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

use twitter
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

imo often shorter messages can mean disinterest but not always. depends on context but a lot of "ok"-type messages and lack of any followup or anything that would carry on the conversation further i would interpret as lack of interest.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Yeah, I don't really pay attention to the length, more to the content. Sometimes those lines like "oke" or "xd" are just meant to acknowledge that you've read something (possibly uninteresting) that the other man has said, either because you don't have anything to say or because it wasn't interesting. However, if the majority of the other man's responses are like that, then I'd get worried.

Also, some people just like to say what they have to say in a compact manner.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Yes, that's correct. I always feel deeply offended when I send you a PM that has like 50 words and your answer doesn't even have 30 words. How can you be so disrespectful?
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

kuchitsu wrote:Sometimes I get lengthy PMs but I can't think of that much stuff to say, so I send significantly smaller replies. Then I wonder if that makes me look disrespectful.

I also have some online friends that nearly always write much shorter messages than I do. So occasionally I wonder if these relationships are kinda one-sided and it is only me who cares about them.

Or maybe it's not the length that matters. But I often find it hard to think in this manner, and I can feel almost obligated to type just as many words as my friend did.
agree

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I think about it too sometimes, but as others said, imo it's the content and involvement that matters. Sometimes even xd means a lot.

PS. Sorry for the stupidly oversized pic, posting from a fone so impsy shrink.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I believe neediness is the anti-vagina, girls want a guy who wants them, but not one who needs them. After the first two messages you are golden (the last one is good too, but only by itself), they are direct and tell her exactly what you want and how you feel, if she doesn't like those I would simply move on to the next lady, and if she sees you with another women she will be instantly attracted.
God Bless America