The Gym topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

The Gym topic

Post by Bjenn »

Hello, I want to discuss with other people who go to the gym about:

What type of training do you perform?
How often do you go to the gym?
What are your max weights of different exercises?
What are your goals with working out?
Do you use any gainers or other substances of some sort?

I have started to go to the gym regularly about 4 times a week for one month now. It's the third time I start this program by James Grage, I simply didn't finish it before, now I feel I have the motivation needed.
I use Gainer Pro, Protein and some Creatine.
milagros
Cheatless

Re: The Gym topic

Post by milagros »

none

never

no idea

no

none
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i do mix of 5x5 and gymnastics

i dont, i have olympic rings attached to pullup bar and rack/weights at home and try to train 3x per week

they are all shit!

my only goal really is to stick with training, i dont work out really hard because i know if i killed myself every workout i would quit so progressing quite slowly, especially my squat is terrible because my knee is so busted from childhood injuries ive had to take many breaks/deloads from squatting. my plan is to move more to gymnastics and maybe do barbell once a week. if i someday reach 110kg bench, 130kg squat and 150kg deadlift i would be more than happy, i know those arent the best numbers but i feel if want a lot more than that need to really focus on training and i really dont care for it. gymnastics goals i guess is to be able to do the the basic moves somewhat well, L-sit (already done yey), front/back lever, planche, muscle up etc

i use creatine 5g per day and whey-80 ice coffee flavored protein powder, only protein powder ive tasted that i would actually drink even just for the taste, very good! gainers/powder are not actually a very cost effective way of getting protein, would be cheaper to get from norm food but more hassle and easier to just drink a shake. creatine very cheap and good though and maybe only(?) legal supplement that actually has proven increase on performance
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I just did gym. I do gym maby 2-3 times a month now. In the winter I did once / 2 months, which was far too rarely for me.

I absolutely hate going to gym and I absolutely hate being at gym, BUT the feeling after gym is mega best and then magically performing better at all brain tasks, playing elma better, coding is smoother, chess goes better... No back pain for 3-4 days... can sleep "sideways" without shoulder pain for a few days. These are the reasons I gym, otherwise would never go to that dirty place with ähking peoples.

What I do at gym? I have no idea what I'm doing, just random shit :P not interested in improving or anything.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I seriously freaked out about my health at the end of last year. After partially fixing my digestive system (still work to do but getting there) I started going to the gym twice a week (might increase to 3 or 4 in the future but doubt it). I'm not doing any heavy stuff like barbells or whatever because I'm weak and I don't want to become a terb0 anyway. I'm very careful with exercises and weights, always keeping in mind that I shouldn't overdo it. My goal is to simply start moving a bit since I sit way too much in my life, all body parts feel kinda stiff, etc. I think moving can help with digestive system too as stuff will get stuck less or I dunno. It would also be nice to improve my endurance somewhat since I get tired easily when I'm outside for extended periods of time. There is also a pool and a sauna in the club, which is very nice. With motivation I guess it helps that it was actually my family that bought the membership for me as a birthday present, so I kind of have to stick to it now. But still some weeks I'm lazy and go only once. :\

My main worry is that since I don't have a coach or anything there is a possibility that I'm doing some exercises wrong, so perhaps there is a chance that I can fuck something up. Sometimes the local mans give tips but I can't always rely on them obviously. I probably should do some googling at least.

Also I can feel rather uncomfortable in there with all these macho mans around. Sometimes I get thoughts like "I probably look like a total retard at the moment" during exercises, etc. But I'm more used to the place now and feel way more confident than on the first 2-3 visits.

Can't say anything about substances, that sort of stuff scares me. Probably just the way I was brought up.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I don't go to the gym, but I work out for at least 1 hour every other day at home. No heavy stuff, just various dumbbell exercises and some bodyweight training to keep myself fit and healthy and to gain some weight.

The only thing I take is this protein powder mixed with milk and other stuff immediately after workout to get some quick protein before having a proper meal.

The best thing about all this is that it cured my high blood pressure. It used to be 150/100 and now it is around 115/65.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

This thread inspired me to go today even though I wasn't planning to. Thanks Bjenn. :)