Photography challenge

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Photography challenge

Post by Lousku »

So I dunno where to post this but Markku is pro.

(from january)

[12:19:21] <juka> so youre a photographer
[12:19:26] <@Markku-> yes
[12:19:41] <juka> is nice hobby
[12:20:22] <@Markku-> should do more of it
[12:24:05] <lousk> an friend was saying the same thing about fotoing things through his telescope
[12:24:24] <lousk> so i gaved him quest to tayke pic of messier 81 within 3 months
[12:25:07] <@Markku-> nice galaxy quest
[12:25:18] <lousk> maybe should give you bird quest
[12:26:28] <@Markku-> dad gotted a very nice pic of varpuspöllö a few days ago, would be nice to meat a owl but impsy to find
[12:26:37] <lousk> nice
[12:26:51] <lousk> nat suar if ever spotted, prolly nat
[12:27:20] <@Markku-> my toon't, egsept in CAGEs
[12:27:30] <lousk> anyway his reward is gona be +500 reputation with sauli niinistö
[12:37:54] <lousk> ok, 10e to eol in yo'ure name for pic of kuikka before fem
[12:38:03] <lousk> take or leave!

(5 months pass)

[20:01:25] <@Markku-> in other news, lousk you gaved my kuikka challenge some time ago
[20:01:31] <@Markku-> the time of completion is upon us
[20:01:35] <lousk> :O
[20:01:49] <discord> <Markku> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_2880.jpg
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
jblaze
38mins club

Re: Photography challenge

Post by jblaze »

just check his FEM pics, all of them got big emotions inside. tru prä
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Photography is something I've been meaning to try for years. But it looks rather intimidating, especially since basically everyone is a photographer nowadays so I guess it's quite hard to do anything special. Good birds.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

kuchitsu wrote:basically everyone is a photographer nowadays
You have no idea how shit most people are at taking pictures :p
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Next challenge for anyone: Take a pic of a mutant flower with 2 or more centers and post here. 5e to EOL for this.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Lousku wrote:Next challenge for anyone: Take a pic of a mutant flower with 2 or more centers and post here. 5e to EOL for this.
Unfortunately I don't have sach flower. But have photos of a mutant chikin with 2 or more legs, can show for fun:
https://goo.gl/photos/pwMpKkVgnWv5qVtDA
https://goo.gl/photos/uYSbUHFP9NsePDG86
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

kuchitsu wrote:Photography is something I've been meaning to try for years. But it looks rather intimidating, especially since basically everyone is a photographer nowadays so I guess it's quite hard to do anything special. Good birds.
i think you just need to take photos for yourself. i started so i have some excuse to go to nature etc or leave the house more in general and if i get 1 out of 100 photos that i like its a success. i think i would like to photograph people more but im very introvert and finnish people in general are very reserved so it would be hard times
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Vermin Supreme wrote:i think you just need to take photos for yourself. i started so i have some excuse to go to nature etc or leave the house more in general and if i get 1 out of 100 photos that i like its a success.
Yes exactly. It's a good excuse to go out in the nature, and surprisingly often you see something interesting or unexpected. Also while looking for such things, you tend to start paying attention to little things that you would probably not even notice if you were just walking, running or whatever. Just stop for a while here and there to mind your surroundings, look and listen around. And indeed you can take photos just for yourself, that's what I do most of the time.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Interesting you say that, because usually people point out how photographing everything takes away from the experience since you're focused on some superficial digital record instead of simply embracing what you see. Cool insight.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

There are both sides to this imo lousk. People going to gigs to only stare at the screens on their phones not only annoy others, but also miss out on the experience themselves. But yeah, on the other hand, I always take pictures when travelling, and most of the time take a few random ones during a gig, just to be able to relive those experiences later (to an extent) =)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I just hate that all my friends make me pose for snapchat pictures all the fucking time. I mean seriously does anybody give a flying fuck about what mundane things you're up to at all times? I hate it.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Bothering people by holding up screens in crowds and nagging them to pose for photos are a different issue. Also it often sounds liek Ruben just hates his friends. =D
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Lousku wrote:Bothering people by holding up screens in crowds and nagging them to pose for photos are a different issue. Also it often sounds liek Ruben just hates his friends. =D
I'd say I hate my friends slightly less than I hate everybody else.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

coal tropic!1 :bear:

It would be nice if someone made up a list of 100 weird things to photograph and see how long it takes us to complete the list together. For example, I took a photo of a cockroach that had impaled itself on a cactus (that's probably too specific, but not something you see everyday).
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Setup google docs where people can brainstorm things to photograph, shouldn't take long to reach a list of 100. Then first finishers can link their photos teer
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »