Need help for the future with my clone

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Need help for the future with my clone

Post by gimp »

Hey everyone. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a glimpse into my future. I could self correct upcoming mistakes. for example if i see that i will turn into a miserable alcoholic in 10 years i might be more inclined to choose sobriety. I then wondered if this were possible in any realistic way and came up with a process once the technology is there.

Future technology/services needed:
3d human printer (clone)
Close to speed of light train
Working Cyrogenic freezer

Current technology/services needed:
Gun
Private Investigator

Step 1: create a clone of yourself with the 3d human printer that is exactly the same as you. He needs to wake up the next day being you and doing everything the way you would be doing if given the same brain stimuli, he can't know he is a clone so some cloning business needs to handle this.

Step 2: get on the train and hop into the cryogenic freezer so you don't age.

Step 3. Travel around earth on a train that goes 99.5% the speed of light to travel into the future. Stephen Hawking has written an article about travelling into the future by having a train loop around the world close to the speed of light. A relativity calculator (http://www.1728.org/reltivty.htm) shows that at 99.5% of light speed you will travel time 10x faster than earthlings; 1 year for you will be 10 years for earthlings.

Step 4. Get off the train and monitor your clone! How are you doing? Any illnesses? Are you a loser with no girlfriend? Hopefully some private investigator can give you a detailed report so you know how to change your mojo.

Step 5: Take the gun and kill the clone to avoid complications. you can even take his accumulated assets over the last ten years and go on vacation. Alternatively you can kidnap the clone and put him in a cyro freezer, have him wake up when your vacation is done and get back on the train after using all his assets. Let him work again for you till you get back and do the same thing.

"So what's the problem gimp? looks like you got this all figured out." so glad you asked!
There are many possible things to do with this I think, but the problem I am running into is that if my clone will be just like me, then he would also have the same idea as I did when he wakes up. He will go out and make his own clone and get on a train. I mean you could argue if light speed technology exists then why not technology that would make him not care about getting a clone like I did. But the implications of this are astronomical on his brain to the point that he wouldn't really be me for the next ten years, he would be a dumbed down version of me.

What is the solution to this? I want an accurate representation of my future self. You can make shit up.
God Bless America
Madness
35mins club

Re: Need help for the future with my clone

Post by Madness »

There's one problem. You can't have an identical clone of yourself. Just the fact that the clone would be in a slightly different place could make his life completely different.

Imagine you make a clone of yourself. You are sitting in a chair in your room and playing Elma, but there's no chair or computer for your clone, so he goes out. He meets a hot woman, gets married, makes ten children and then he goes to work and becomes rich too. You were playing Elma, forgot about time, were late for work, got sacked, became homeless and drank yourself to death on the street.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

seems like a lot of work for little gain

its cryo btw
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Madness wrote:There's one problem. You can't have an identical clone of yourself. Just the fact that the clone would be in a slightly different place could make his life completely different.

Imagine you make a clone of yourself. You are sitting in a chair in your room and playing Elma, but there's no chair or computer for your clone, so he goes out. He meets a hot woman, gets married, makes ten children and then he goes to work and becomes rich too. You were playing Elma, forgot about time, were late for work, got sacked, became homeless and drank yourself to death on the street.
Perhaps I should clarify he would wake up in my bed the next day and use all the same things that I own(chair, computer, wife, etc.) and assume my life and responsibilities. He will be in the same location not a new one, he is replacing me temporarily. He will be doing what i would have had I not gotten on the train in the first place. Like I said the problem is that if he is me he will have the same idea to make a clone of himself.

Are we going to address the problem or argue and point out spelling errors?
God Bless America
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Maybe you are already a clone? Better just wait around for ten years and see if you meet yourself.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

gimp wrote:Perhaps I should clarify he would wake up in my bed the next day and use all the same things that I own(chair, computer, wife, etc.) and assume my life and responsibilities. He will be in the same location not a new one, he is replacing me temporarily. He will be doing what i would have had I not gotten on the train in the first place. Like I said the problem is that if he is me he will have the same idea to make a clone of himself.

Are we going to address the problem or argue and point out spelling errors?
He will wake up in your bed, but you will be on the train on your way to the cryogenic freezer etc. You are in different locations and have different experiences and your lives will be different too.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I don't see the problem Madness. Kopaka true.
God Bless America