Hate

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Hate

Post by gimp »

I was wondering, is there ever a good reason to hate anything? Even when people show an intense hate for things that are bad like Nazis I just kind of don't want to be around them. I also never feel good when I feel hateful. I think maybe it's fun to hate simple things like mosquitos or something simple with someone else, but the older I get I notice I just don't want to hear or have any hate in my heart at all, even funny sarcasm is getting boring and can be quite hurtful sometimes. I notice people love to be hateful on the internet too, I assume because they get to remain anonymous, I am no angel and am guilty of all the above at times, but I want to change. What do you think?
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: Hate

Post by kuchitsu »

Hating an oppressive regime might make you fight it with more passion I guess. I'm sure it can be motivational in some situations. But I agree that most of the time it's unnecessary, just very hard to contain within. I think usually when I'm hateful it means that I have some insecurities I need to deal with instead of raging at something or someone that doesn't deserve it.
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: Hate

Post by abruzzi »

Good query, gimp. I think hate might be justified sometimes. But such flaming every day hate shown by some people is usually a sign that you should avoid them, because one day they may just start hating you for some minor thing they subjectively find wrong in your behaviour. I hate some behaviours that are, alas, common among nowadays people. I hate gossiping, talking behind one's back - whenever I want to state a not necessarily positive opinion about someone or their doings, I always do try hard to do this when the person in question is around and can hear that, or at least repeat the same to them asap. Of course sometimes it's not doable (you could be fired). I hate the bad jelaousy when somebody doesn't have something and wishes somebody else to los it ("ohh I wish they would break up", "I'd love to see his new BMW burn"). It's not always someone deserves something, but that just rises my motivation to maybe achieve something. I hate when people treat life too seriously and are very afraid to make changes. Maybe that's because I live mainly for lulz and I often feel very lonely, because it's impossible to find a person who has same point of view. For me these 70 or a bit more years we live is like a fucking joke, and I simply cannot be fucking serious in proceeding with the every-day activites (e.g. started uni 11 (yes, eleven) times and there's always a point when i do a bitch-please facepalm, and abruptly quit.) I can also randomly quit a good job and randomly break up with any girl for no reason. Not to mention the complexity of life, the impossibility to understand even 0.001% of all things during lifespan, and the fact that you can die even every day and most things are just relative. I hate people's hate on minorities or just different things like gayness, different race etc. It's just an totally idiot ego-raiser and should never take place.

I also hate movies but if I dug into this particular hatred, it would appear that I actually hate the-shockingly-mind-boggling-fact-that-like-100%-of-ppl-watch-them-and-even-discuss-about-that-while-even-using-the-whole-fucking-power-of-my-brain-I-am-by-no-means-able-to-understand-what-the-holy-fuck-keeps-people's-seriousness-in-watching-these-interactiveless-people-called-actors-doing-some-silly-grimaces-and-changing-their-voicetones-to-sound-involved-when-you-can-close-any-movie-in-a-maximum-of-5-sentences-and-save-oneself-from-90to120-minutes-wasted-and-cringe-awkwardness-and-brain-cancer.

Sometimes I might hate something for lulz, the boldest and closest example is the Elasto Mania scene. I used to destroy some fun by hacking in very various ways disabling the proper functioning of the services like belma, many people hated me and wished me death, being sure that I hate them as well, but in fact I have been loving almost everyone since very beginning, just acting hate in a way. Of course my behaviour has to be deeply condemned and was totally inappropriate and wrong.

So as you see there can be several types of hate, but as a negative activity it will mainly senselessly drain your energy, and before stating some real hatred it's good to try to understand something about the case.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting