We are living in the matrix, and i need your help

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Re: We are living in the matrix, and i need your help

Post by milagros »

farnsworth wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 14:57 We all live in our own matrices.
if i live in my own matrix, you are all fake. So that statement is wrong.
[carebox]
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Vermin Supreme wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 19:32 you can ask two (or more) people who claim to have accessed "astral" dimensions to retrieve/access some specific location or whatever there is in the dimension and if they produce the same result independently we could conclude that its something real. i dont really know what you would ask them to do though since i have no idea of the nature of those things or what they are supposed to be. maybe ribot can clarify and formulate an experiment
There are many problems with this kind of experiment. Science is very good at removing human bias, but it is very limited in explaining existence. Because science is based on things such as apples and polygons. The memory access function is something controversial, it probably became a taboo in the middle ages when everything non obvious was disregarded.

To formulate an experiment you first have to understand how this works very deeply. Most science about this kind of stuff is made by someone who have no understanding of the subject, and since science needs a very reliable source scientists have no way of knowing what is a reliable source, and even if they had one they would not know how to interpret it. Also note that ppl that claim to know this kind of stuff usually have a very naive understanding of it.

Those who can interpret the reliable source have no words to explain it to the rest of the world, because human language is based on apples and polygons.

However, if enough people would try out the memory access function they could actually go for a visit, get some experience, and finally conclude that it is a phenomenon. After that the phenomenon has to be defined, as of how real it is. And I have already covered that, that the definition of what is real has to be made before even getting started with this.

In other words our modern culture has completely disregarded it with bias without the will to scientifically test it.

It is beyond human comprehension so only a few will ever access it in this age. But later on when ppl are not so beaten up by their work, when they have energy enough to be curious again, and most of the work has been taken over by machines, the purpose and meaning of our existence will come into light. Ppl will start to value our human experience again, because there won't be much else to do than to face what we really are.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

What benefit there is to accessing it? If you lived inside elma world, accessing the memory or any other functions of the computer would be extremely powerful, you could run smibusl or do lots of stuff by just manipulating memory in itself. and you dont mention how to access it, curious about that as well
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

There are countless benefits depending on how you use it, and risks too, mostly depending on one's type of personality.

Most basic benefits are feeling better about life in general, feeling life is more meaningful, finding more curiosity and motivation to rediscover life and how you want to live it. This all is in essence improving one's spirit, which could be described as having an attitude that makes you use your life and make decisions efficiently.

The basic way to do it is with meditation. However it's not about performing the technique of meditation, but about discovering life from something else than that part of the mind which obsessively tries to understand everything. Most of the time we are stuck in our mind trying to understand things, and we put trust in our understanding as if it would a good judge of what reality really is. However, the more life experience you have, the more you know in how many ways you can be wrong, and as such you know that the understanding part of the mind is good mostly for everyday tasks, but definitely not for getting to know your deeper self.

So it's not about what meditation you choose, but to try out different ones until you find something that you enjoy. If you don't wanna try meditation there are other ways too, but it's hard to put into just one sentence that anyone without the experience would understand.

Also note that I have more than 10k hours of experience with this, and it usually takes time before people understand enough to be able to have conversations about it.
-
-
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

ribot wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 10:09Most basic benefits are feeling better about life in general, feeling life is more meaningful, finding more curiosity and motivation to rediscover life and how you want to live it. This all is in essence improving one's spirit, which could be described as having an attitude that makes you use your life and make decisions efficiently.
All this sound so self-centered (selfish).
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I meditate (mindfulness or whatever the basic breathing thing is) 99% of days and while there are clear benefits and i would recommend it to anyone i never got that strong experiences as you describe, though it's hard to quantify what kind of understanding comes from just living and learning etc and how meditation would come into play as its a slow process for me at least coz im retarded as fuck. I only do 10 minutes per day and maybe once a week 30-40mins, maybe need more dedication, duno
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Tigro wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 17:23
ribot wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 10:09Most basic benefits are feeling better about life in general, feeling life is more meaningful, finding more curiosity and motivation to rediscover life and how you want to live it. This all is in essence improving one's spirit, which could be described as having an attitude that makes you use your life and make decisions efficiently.
All this sound so self-centered (selfish).
Tigro, did you take into account that I was answering Jappe2's question?

Just consider this for a while;
- If you feel good about life, is it helpful or harmful for contributing to others, for helping others, and connecting with others?
- If you feel your life is more meaningful, is it helpful or harmful for contributing to others, helping...etc?
- If you are more curious and motivated, is it helpful or harmful for ... same as above?
- If you rediscover life, what would you discover? Would you prefer a selfish or unselfish rediscovery?
- If you have a good spirit, and use your life and decisions efficiently, how could it possibly be any more selfish than you already are? Wouldn't it be more selfish not to do this?
- In fact, how can you help anyone if you don't feel good about your life? Or if your life feels meaningless, or if you are unmotivated? How can you say you can be unselfish without these qualities? What kind of unselfishness is that?
-
-
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Vermin Supreme wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 22:31 I meditate (mindfulness or whatever the basic breathing thing is) 99% of days and while there are clear benefits and i would recommend it to anyone i never got that strong experiences as you describe, though it's hard to quantify what kind of understanding comes from just living and learning etc and how meditation would come into play as its a slow process for me at least coz im retarded as fuck. I only do 10 minutes per day and maybe once a week 30-40mins, maybe need more dedication, duno
The thing about this is first of that it is very abstract. It's not only that anyone could use different words to describe it, but also the main thing is that people miss out on what part of the experience to focus on. It's like you select what part of the experience you observe, and acknowledge to yourself, and other things for which you have no words you might not remember (especially at times when you are not having those experiences - since your mood also affects the memory access to different experiences).

So the first thing is just to understand which part of the experience I'm talking about. As I said before, it can really take time. We are used to only observe a certain aspect of life and we do that unknowingly. We have to deliberately remember in the present moment to observe anything we did not expect or did not notice before. A technique to become better at that is to do different things in life than what you have ever done before. It will improve your skills at seeing different perspectives.

And when you do this you should not be expecting something. That is already a difference from normal life. If you expect a strong experience you are using the wrong approach.

Mindfulness is a technique where you focus on observation. Your sense of observation improves so you get better at observing things. Not only objects though but also your own mind and subconscious.

Also don't get stuck on my use of words. If you think you need a strong experience the problem might be that you are looking for what you thought I meant. I think it's easier if you can tell me what you observe about yourself when you do meditation. You can tell me in private if you feel better about it, since other people might just make things even less clear.

Edit:
Basic breathing techniques are used a lot. But also note that you need to find what works for you to get further. Some people say you need to stick to the technique to get deep. That is only true to a certain extent. You need to keep acting to get deep. But when you learn to find answers inside yourself you don't need to do some technique that a random dude told you. These techniques teach you to observe different aspects about yourself, and as there are no words for those things, those things could also not be explained to you until you reached the level you are at right now. If you have the same approach now as you did some months ago, then in what way are you using all the experience you learned?

In school we always learn what to do but not why. Then work is the same thing. So most ppl are afraid to do things their own way, because then you need to figure out why by yourself. But when you get experience to do things your own way you won't be afraid anymore (but others will blame you for not adjusting to them). This way you will learn a lot deeper about stuff. So do try new things out.
-
-
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ribot, did you consider an option, that all your experiences have nothing to do with reality and it is just bullshit made up by your brain?
[carebox]
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

milagros wrote: 2 Apr 2018, 21:19 ribot, did you consider an option, that all your experiences have nothing to do with reality and it is just bullshit made up by your brain?
Of course I did. I spent many years questioning what is real. Now, have you ever asked yourself that question? Though the interesting question would be if you ever considered the option that what I said is actually real. You don't need to believe it, but you need to consider it to be able to verify it. I don't think you will even consider that option, which makes it useless to continue this conversation with you.

Just a pointer, that the bullshit of the mind is when you do stuff that harm yourself or others. Theories about existence are not dangerous. But behavior that make people's life boring or unhealthy is caused by bullshit made up by the mind.

Don't crap on someone just because you don't get them. Only bullshit of the brain would do such a thing.
-
-
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ribot wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 14:04 Most science about this kind of stuff is made by someone who have no understanding of the subject
well, the good thing is you can design the experiment yourself
till then, all the people who don't know anything about it (I admit I am one of them) can remain skeptical
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

gimp wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 01:11 Pretty much just the eternal life part for me.
why do you assume you would live after the simulation ends (or after you die in simulation)?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I do not assume that i will live after the simulation. That answer you are quoting came from Tigro's question, 'so basically you search for eternal life?'. Which i am, and the matrix idea has a decent chance of at least extending our lives or repeating my consciousness in multiple simulations or maybe even waking up to my real self. It is entirely possible that death in the simulation would be the end of you for eternity as well, which would totally suck.
God Bless America
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i'll take it over this but sure if its something nice that would be nice