Saunas And Longevity

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Saunas And Longevity

Post by gimp »

I know Saunas are a large part of Finnish culture.
Do you believe there is enough evidence to prove that they make people live longer? I am thinking about buying one, would love some tips or literature on the subject from those who are avid Saunatarians :)
Last edited by gimp on 1 Oct 2019, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America
jonsykkel
Kuski

Re: Saunas And Longevity

Post by jonsykkel »

status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Jonsykkel i appreciate your reply, however i am confused about how to interpret it. Your link is either a blatant attempt at genuinely convincing me that saunas are dangerous and the opposite of what my topic implies, or, the link is a subtle attempt at conveying that you believe saunas are not all the hype they claim to be.

In short, that link you posted was about competitive sauna-ing, and therefore was of an extreme nature that does not fit a correlation-causation relationship to the claims that sauna use may increase longevity.

I.g. if corn was deemed healthy, but a competive corn eating contest occurred and a man ate 50 pounds of corn and died, does that mean corn is unhealthy? Of course not.

i cannot use your link as evidence that recreational sauna use is unhealthy, but i am interested in legitmate studies that prove recreational sauna use is unhealthy ( a conclusion i never thought of) if such evidence exists.
Last edited by gimp on 1 Oct 2019, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Finnish sauna is the best invention ever :) And it's healthy. Some tips here: https://saunologia.fi/in-english/
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I love saunas since my first FEM (2016). I wasn't really all that much into them before, but now I go regularly (went 4 times last month, but that was an exception. Usually I go less often).
gimp wrote:Do you believe there is enough evidence to prove that they make people live longer? I am thinking about buying one, would love some tips or literature on the subject from those who are avid Saunatarians :)
I don't have all that much to say to this, except: if you like/love saunaing, go for it and buy one.
(now I also wait for proper scandinavian answer)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Bludek wrote: 1 Oct 2019, 10:15(now I also wait for proper scandinavian answer)
And what you get will be a "finland is not in scandinavia111" rage
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

That being said, pawq, badstue is also a normal Scandinavian activity, but no longer as common as it still is in Finland, so Scandinavian answers are accepted. I wonder if badestamp has somewhat taken over the badstue's role in Norway.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.