kahvi cup

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Want a new kahvi cup?

yes
79%
no
21%

Total votes: 38

onlainari
Kuski

kahvi cup

Post by onlainari »

Do you want a new kahvi cup by Sathy and Psy?

I want kahvi cup, and thought that many others want it too. The question is, that if players show interest, probably the good ol' brownish paged kahvi cup is back. Maybe Sathy and Psy will find time, and hopefully we get to see their response, if there is interest on it.

I remember I wasn't the activest member in kahvi cup when it was played. But I felt good atmosphere that kahvi cup was radiating around the scene.

I am sorry to disappoint by not giving the address to the old kahvi cup website, but I found one that was removed, so not sure if there is
http://personal.inet.fi/luonto/mindseas ... lftime.htm
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Go for Kahvi cup.

I remember seing the results page when i was noober and the cup seemed to have gathered a nice amount of good players.

I would definitly like some levels by psy, best designer ever 8O
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kahvi Cup ruelze =)

Would be max to have it again, maybe Tisk could even win again and get his deserved Coffee Cup. And hopefully also some rox juggling with the results.. =)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
psy
pappamopo

Post by psy »

It's nice to see people still remember and are interested in another kahvi cup. Unfortunately its quite unlikely that we will hold another one, and if we do, it'll probably be more ordinary cup, maybe some bonus point tricks but at least no mongoing with pointing system.

Time is not really the issue, as I've got all the time in the world, but I think Sathy has pretty much given up the elma scene, and I havent touched the level editor since 2001 or something. Also theres so many other cups being held all the time these days and I dont think another kahvi cup would be any better.

I'll discuss it with Sathy and see if we can manage something, but dont expect it anytime soon.
sorey, no solutions today
I used to believe in many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite.
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I discussed last year with Sathy about the kahvi cup 2, and we had many nice new ideas and new pointing systems and so on.

At that time I was interested in organizing a kind of cup that would have weird points and all kinds of funny stuff, not an ordinary cup. Anyway, I can't organize a cup called 'kahvicup 2' because Sathy & psy has the right to organize it. If I remember correctly, Sathy didn't have anything against kahvi cup 2, but it seems that he didn't have enough time or inspiration because nothing came up.

Anyway, if the time comes that kahvi cup 2 will take place, I'm ready to support it with my levs&ideas.

And psy, with all the respect, ppl don't want kahvicup 2 to be an another ordinary cup. Rather a special cup with mongoing with pointing system ;)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Sathy
Engleacher

Post by Sathy »

Yes indeed, it's very nice to see that there are atleast a few players in the scene who remember what we did and are asking for more =]

We've been talking - psy and I - about the second part every now and then, and have had a pretty good idea of what we want to do with it (eventhough it's been sometime since the last discussion).

Originally, the idea of KahviCup was to show that everything doesn't have to be so tied up and fixed - that there are other possibilities - and that others, than px that is, could organize cups also. Some of nowadays players might not know that back then, there were only very few 'independent' cups arranged. I think we atleast achieved some of what we aimed for.

The things we did were pretty far fetched, but obviously some were useful, a good example is that even WCup had a 'select one out of two' event which to my knowledge was 'our idea' (brag). However, we did have our problems with the updating and all of that and looking back at it, it wouldn't have hurt to do it better.

Current situation:

I've been making levs every now and then since the first kahvi, and at the moment I have around 10 ready and twice that in different stages (some of the unfinished are only drawn by hand so far). But basicly it would be possible to arrange the cup with the already existing levs by just finishing some of the almost ready ones. However, there are a few excuses why this hasn't happened so far:

Firstly, I / we need a new site for it. I haven't gotten to it yet because I've been using my site-creating-inspiration (which happens every few months or so) for my own site and the last time we talked about it, psy wasn't feeling too exited about it.

Secondly (or sort of First½ly), it would seem that I'd have to do everything myself (yes boo-hoo) - levs, updating etc. Still, it might be possible that I get the inspiration to go through with it.

Thirdly, I feel that this cup and contest part of the scene isn't exactly well organized as a whole and I've been waiting for something that has the potential to help with that. Lauta is better than nothing for sure, but ...I'm unable to say anything further about it for now but I'll get back to it when I can. At one time, I even wrote an announcement for the second part and was planning on creating a thread for it.

I'm not against the second part at all and have actually been working for it every now and then. As onlainari said, the site has been removed from that operator because I don't have their connection anymore. The main page still exist, on my current isp's server, but isn't linked to and from anywhere: http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/sambes/cah%27kon/. As you can see it hasn't been updated in a while (well why would it have since it's been hiding) and even the lev counter is broken...I'd suspect that it's rusted into oblivion =]

edit: url fix
So there still is a chancé you'll see the next part, even more so now that there is obviously interest to it.

It would seem we have a different opinion with psy on this, I'd think it's because we haven't talked about it in a while. It's true that I'm not too interested in playing elma anymore, but I did do the Beerbattle levs for last years FEM so there's still some creativity for levs =]

So, no promises, but we're still thinking about it and IF it would happend that I decided that I didn't want to do it, I will gladly give Zebra or someone else the right for it if we are able to come to a mutual understanding about what it should and shouldn't be =]

Zebra: I appreciate your offer for helping me. You're right about the lack of inspiration and you also know I've been busy with other things.
And as I said already: what we did with the first part was very far-out-dramatic and perhaps we should learn from that. psy may have given the wrong impression, eventhough the point system we've planned is sort of traditional, it's still different.
We shape life, we travel space, but we don't know the words to the songs of the ocean.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Good to hear, and see, that it could one day happen..

I felt it kinda came suddenly the last time, and it was cool, so I think we have enough information at least to keep hopes up.

Totally agree with that "thirdly" part on Sathy's last post !
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

i only found out about kahvi cup after i started elma, but sach seems like coolest cup ever :)
Image ^_^