When should EDQ3 be made?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

When Should EDQ3 be made?

As soon as possible
21%
When WR TT falls down to 35:45
1%
When WR TT crosses 35:30
48%
At the #300 table
1%
Next year
4%
11%
14%

Total votes: 85

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: When should EDQ3 be made?

Post by Kopaka »

If I am the one that can be entrusted with replays and video quality, I would certainly do it, and put effort to it. It's pretty straight forward video (we know which recs to use, there's no merges or the like), so shouldn't take too long, now is good time for me. And I would be open to some shared effort toward audio, end credit level/replay and other stuff like that. Do we know if all WR holders are willing to share for the video? I'm guessing yes, as it's often seen as a prestige thing to be in it.

I'm guessing we all agree to do it at 35 tt break. Elma 2 could be years still, same with beating of wu and enigma.
EDQ 2 kind of confusing name and any words like max, very, high are bad to use as you end up with Elma Done very fucking max quick to the max in few years then. I'm mostly for EDQ2012 atm.
Doing credits like in EDQ should be fairly simple, dunno about extracting elma background though, but of course it shouldn't be exactly like the last one either.
Multiple audio tracks is nothing I've tried before, but quick research says it should be possible to append extra ones, if my video editor of choice doesn't allow it. Dunno if worth it though, most will probably youtube it anyway or don't know how to change ;-).
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Don't waste your time with multiple audio tracks, just put whatever you want as long as it shouldn't get the video blocked in some countries.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i was a good boy and kopaka rec gathering progress is now 13/54, or x/54 if some nab pwns my wr next table ;)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Not sure if I can ever share my He He. It's up to Labs.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Kopaka wrote:If I am the one that can be entrusted with replays and video quality, I would certainly do it, and put effort to it. It's pretty straight forward video (we know which recs to use, there's no merges or the like), so shouldn't take too long, now is good time for me. And I would be open to some shared effort toward audio, end credit level/replay and other stuff like that. Do we know if all WR holders are willing to share for the video? I'm guessing yes, as it's often seen as a prestige thing to be in it.

I'm guessing we all agree to do it at 35 tt break. Elma 2 could be years still, same with beating of wu and enigma.
EDQ 2 kind of confusing name and any words like max, very, high are bad to use as you end up with Elma Done very fucking max quick to the max in few years then. I'm mostly for EDQ2012 atm.
Doing credits like in EDQ should be fairly simple, dunno about extracting elma background though, but of course it shouldn't be exactly like the last one either.
Multiple audio tracks is nothing I've tried before, but quick research says it should be possible to append extra ones, if my video editor of choice doesn't allow it. Dunno if worth it though, most will probably youtube it anyway or don't know how to change ;-).
what video-making program are you about to use?
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Sent a lauta pm to all WR holders to get things started, asking if they want to share and are okay with me doing it.
Mielz
35mins club

Post by Mielz »

After seeing skint0r not being interested in making the new EDQ, Kopaka is surely good one to make the vid. Music in last EDQ was great and nicely synchronised with recs (int24 int37 etc) like it should be, plz keep it in the same way in new one.

And ofc I'm in for sharing my rec for it.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Mielz wrote:Music in last EDQ was great and nicely synchronised with recs (int24 int37 etc)
I think the EDQ music seems so awesome just because it is EDQ music :D

The synchro must be there! Some places, most notably the brutals in int07 and int24 just made me jump on my chair and gave me shivers, it made the recs so much more powerful!!! Whoever takes care of it, PLEASE put in a lot of effort, this is extremely important!

Also pls avoid stuff many people don't like, like awful pop/elektro, hardcore metal etc :( imo some energetic regular rock best, like, donno, say funeral for a friend or soundgarten? i'll have to think a bit, suggestions welcome Kopa?
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Capturing replays is first part (after getting them of course), so made a quick vid to test zoom setting.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-yXTknixqs which zoom is best?
(don't mind video quality)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

sick kazan rec sneak peek
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

1.75 zoom imo
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I prepared wr recs which are shared for Koopa so doesn't have to look for them. It includes levels 2,6,20,21,24,31,38,39,47,48,49,51. I think Tm's 30 is shared too, but i don't have it. Say how many you have already.
Edit: I forgot about 12 and 45. You find them on recsource. 30 as well.
http://elma.oktobia.org/recsource/
Attachments
wr recs.rar
(212.64 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

2.0 zoom imo :x
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

2.0 plz
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

But I don't think it should be made just yet. Little more time to do the final hoylings, maybe in christmas.

And for the music. Some timeless classical or jazz music would be nice, not boring generic rock and metal. Like this was pretty neat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izSBT7uo78U
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Dunno which zoom skint used in EDQ but it was THE BEST so plz, this one!

Jarkko: I think classical music nice but not for EDQ - too boring imo, no energy.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ez 2.0
and Jarkok, i love jazz and classical music, but EDQ is POWER! It has to knock you out, not calm you before sleep! :D best is stuff like my heart's the limit from the start of edq2, little known, but fast, awesome and energetic)

edit: pascal edited, so i agree with pascal)
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

i'd go with 2.0 too
edq music was great, i loved all the songs. and i think music cant be calm and chilly, it must be giving a strong kick in the nuts! metal, metal plz, death metal ftw!
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

plz king diamond and graveyard.lrg
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Pawq wrote:ez 2.0
best is stuff like my heart's the limit from the start of edq2, little known, but fast, awesome and energetic)
The Sky Is The Limit. :o
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yes, some syncing would be nice (like many others before me have said, sync in certain parts of EDQ is what made the really sick recs stand out even more), but it's very hard to do with so many recs per song. It would be nice to see some, but it shouldn't be priority #1.

As far as music goes genre-wise, I think it should be a nice mix of not-too-extreme, and not-too-slow songs. Maybe some different genres (but please no rnb or bling nigga money bitches hip hop or sach crap, and please no dubstep or mainstream house. This is a once-in-a-lifetime movie, so I don't want to hear songs that will be forgotten and "lame" in 2 years. Face it, how many mainstream songs from 2010 do you remember that are still good today? The previous EDQ had a really, really nice soundtrack with timeless music. Perhaps Skint0r feels like giving some advice in this area at least?)

As for zoom, at least 2.0
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

keep zoom ratio from previous EDQ, at least 2.0, but id say 2.25 or 2.5
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Igge wrote:As far as music goes genre-wise, I think it should be a nice mix of not-too-extreme, and not-too-slow songs. Maybe some different genres (but please no rnb or bling nigga money bitches hip hop or sach crap, and please no dubstep or mainstream house. This is a once-in-a-lifetime movie, so I don't want to hear songs that will be forgotten and "lame" in 2 years. Face it, how many mainstream songs from 2010 do you remember that are still good today? The previous EDQ had a really, really nice soundtrack with timeless music. Perhaps Skint0r feels like giving some advice in this area at least?)
+ >1
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

2.0 imo.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

that is AWEEWSDAOEOEME list of songs, Xarth. I'd surely love to hear some of them in the vid, but I won't tell which, cuz I wanna be surprised :)

edit: on zoom: 2.0 looks ok, maybe even more zoomed. We all know the levels, we need to see the MOVES.
Last edited by Bludek on 23 Oct 2012, 00:14, edited 2 times in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ye, i could trust xarthok with this)

or maybe instead of all that rock bullshit just put one gybe tracK? :D
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Same zoom as EDQ
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Xarthok wrote:bla bla, list of songs
i know only Asian dub foundation - fortress europe
from need for speed underground 1 :D
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Can't be same zoom (value) as in EDQ because it had 800x600 resolution and Kopakas will have 1080 I presume, so AT LEAST 2.0 zoom imo, 2.25 even better.
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

2.0 imo, looked nicesize:))
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Last edited by 8-ball on 23 Oct 2012, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Tigro wrote:from need for speed underground 1 :D
ye! music from NFSes is a good idea imo, lots of appropriate stuff there!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

:) agree with pawq. Just pls not much rap.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

some more electro songs of various subgenres that could do the job

m83 - midnight city
crystal castles - celestica
venetian snares - szerencsétlen holy crap the bricks that would be shat if one synchronises some sick moves to this
skrillex - kill everybody
astral projection - one
deadmau5 - moar ghosts n stuff
mistabishi - from memory (matrix remix)
utah saints - something good '08 /remix by high contrast is good too
daft punk - too long/steam machine

well the truth is that many different kinds of music would fit the video well, maybe mix it up or stick to one type i don't know, there will always be someone complaining. just put what feels right. i posted what i would have as options to choose from.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I would like to have many soundtracks as in the last vid, I put double soundtracks on my own vids even. Like Hip Hop, Rock, House/Trance and Metalcore!
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

99% of the people who see it will see it on youtube where you only get to pick 1 soundtrack for everyone
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Xarthok wrote:99% of the people who see it will see it on youtube where you only get to pick 1 soundtrack for everyone
Let's see about that http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8679 GO VOTE!
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Zoom 2.0 at least, maybe even closer imo. No video effects like slow motion and replaying small segments or such.

I would love to have some nice trance/dance/dubstep/house soundtrack but I might be in a minority. Rock works too.
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

Bjenn wrote:Can't be same zoom (value) as in EDQ because it had 800x600 resolution and Kopakas will have 1080 I presume, so AT LEAST 2.0 zoom imo, 2.25 even better.
Morgan wrote:keep zoom ratio from previous EDQ, at least 2.0, but id say 2.25 or 2.5
btw, donno if Kopaka's comp can smoothly record 1080p, maybe stay in 720p for better FPS?
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

He made umiz video, level pack driven by Jeppe pro, with 1080p and it seemed very fine!
I approve of John.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

You can have shit comp and do 1080p fine, unless you for some reason decide to capture with fraps or something equally shitty. EOL has screen dumping built in so you can work with perfect frames.
Jarkko
Kuski

Post by Jarkko »

By the way. Would be cool if there is top10 showing on every level before or after the replay. People would see the situation and real standings better and if WR holder is overpowering or not. Like hangman is tied with three people, they deserve some mention too.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Jarkko wrote:By the way. Would be cool if there is top10 showing on every level before or after the replay. People would see the situation and real standings better and if WR holder is overpowering or not. Like hangman is tied with three people, they deserve some mention too.
I like statistics and top10s but I don't want to see it in EDQ, I watch it solely for the WR-recs and don't want to be interrupted.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I agree with John.

There could be some unobtrusive merge of the shadow WRs in Hangman & Enigma in the end of the video though. :)
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

For me it's more like a summary of what has been achieved, so including top10 would be fun for more reasons than one. And top10s worked for cup movies well, not destroying flow, imo it'd work here as well. I don't care much though.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

No plz, normal outro like in EDQ.