Number of skips in cetcast cup

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

How many skips should be allowed?

5-10
40%
11-15
16%
16-20
8%
21-25
No votes
26-30
No votes
31 +
36%

Total votes: 25

Igge
38mins club

Number of skips in cetcast cup

Post by Igge »

))
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: Number of skips in cetcast cup

Post by Lousku »

0 because I'm nolif0r and wana win by participation.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i want to sign in but skip all events
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i think only your best result should count.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

This is really impsy question I guess. It's such a huge cup, but what's the point then if you can skip like half of the events? So yes, no, yes, I can't answer!
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

5 at most.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Jappe wrote:10 or so. nice will be btw but i hope you dont make all levels or even majority of levels yourself since they will not be diverse enough. sure you can design different but i feel levelmaker will always have certain style of making levels and 52 by same designer will be monotone
Yup, I've thought of this as well.
Madness wrote:5 at most.
I would like to keep it as few as possible, but I think only 5 weeks out of 52 is a bit too few. It's not at all unreasonable that someone travels say 4-5 weeks a year, and then they're already completely out of skips. I want to keep the nuber of skips a bit more open so you can choose level style more easily as well. If you travel for 5 weeks and you really hate pipes or hoylas or uphills(?), you're screwed if you weren't lucky enough to travel while those levels were the ones being played, while others might be lucky and get to skip their bad levels. What I'm saying is I guess people won't consider the levels being played in CCCup before they decide what date to travel abroad, and I don't want them to have to. 8)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Lukazz wrote:i think only your best result should count.
As I understand igge it's not gonna be skips as such, but rather that the 10 worst results will be erased. So nobody has to skip any event.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yes. If you participate in, say, 47 events, your 42 best placements out of those will count (as if you had skipped 5 levels). Similarly, If you participate in all 52 events, your 10 worst placements won't count.
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

ok, my opinion to this is, that this Cup is gonna span over an entire year. Impsy to say, how much time each of us actually HAS to spend hoyling.
For me, i will have 2x exam-period, i will marry, we will have vacations with family and there are certainly more possibilities to loose the opportunity to play an event.
So: 10 Events might catch up with some kuskis lifes, but will not do with all - not said, that there are some weeks, where one simply doesn't WANT to hoyl.

I voted for 16-20.

PS: good luck with that, Igge, i want to be in, but cetcasting every Event will be so fukin much work!
Hopefully you don't loose your excitement.

Also check your pms 8)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

btw what does this cetcast mean?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Difficult question indeed. Like milty says there can be many reasons to not play during the course of a year. On the other hand you don't want so many skips that you have very few players in many of the events, or that for example number 1 and 2 in standings are rarely playing against each other because they skip different events. The 42 best rather than 42 first results kind of skip system might help a bit in this regard though. This is a problem in many elma competitions (mopobattles for example), with many events there will be some where you can't play. One skip in a cup isn't that bad, but with 10 or more it can be problematic like mentioned above. So, in conclusion I haven't voted, because I really don't know what would be the best solution.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

maybe you should call it "nolif0r-cup" instead, then ez 0 skips.