World Cup 6 exam/Christmas break?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

~1 month break before last 3 events?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 28

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

World Cup 6 exam/Christmas break?

Post by 8-ball »

Assuming we have 15 events beginning September 1 the cup would end around December 15. This might be problematic for people who have uni exams between end of November and mid-December. So we wanna know how many such people are here or people who sympathize with the aforementioned, hence the poll. And people also probably don't want to hoyl during Christmas so in such case we would need to have a pretty long break.
39:37,91
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: World Cup 6 exam/Christmas break?

Post by Kopaka »

Might be hard to account for everyone, at least in Denmark exam period of uni can be anywhere from start december to end january. Won't be a problem for me personally to end it in january, probably, but starting to break for these things we might never finish. Might be better to just get it over with.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:Might be hard to account for everyone, at least in Denmark exam period of uni can be anywhere from start december to end january. Won't be a problem for me personally to end it in january, probably, but starting to break for these things we might never finish. Might be better to just get it over with.
Isn't it pretty universal that exam periods at uni are in or around December? I think this is a potentially huge problem and one which can't be put into a "these things" box with other less important individual requests. That being said, I don't think 12 events - long break - 3 events is a good solution. Better to have the break more in the middle of the event.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

(i'm not gonna participate but) in my university we have exams from jan 13 till jan 25ish, for example
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I'm the sole person who voted yes.

My exams are in October, so it's a real problem for me, but it's true that not everybody can be accounted for, so if i'm only one then so be it.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

My exams also take place in late January
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Try to study more during the "downtime", and don't procrastinate. I doubt you study 8 hours a day every day anyway, so it's kinda up to each kuski himself to make time to play.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Igge wrote:Try to study more during the "downtime", and don't procrastinate. I doubt you study 8 hours a day every day anyway, so it's kinda up to each kuski himself to make time to play.
Well if I was in my exam bubble I would study 12+ hours each day in the final weeks. Anyway, this is not much of an issue to me anymore, but I was thinking of others. But I see the exam periods are more spread out than I assumed so maybe no use to do anything about it. Maybe there could be some longer (2-week) event in December so people would be able to play?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

SveinR wrote: But I see the exam periods are more spread out than I assumed so maybe no use to do anything about it.
As unfortunate as it is, this is the case. I agree with Svein.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Our exams are in November, but luckily I am an honours student and have no exams. Just a huge Thesis to be done by the end of October or something scary like that - (which may eat into the WC quality on my behalf)