Trek Tracks Stats

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Which option would you prefer for stats in the TT Trek Tracks competition?

Poll ended at 5 Mar 2014, 22:57

Everything hidden
10%
Everything hidden except WRTT
39%
WRTT and WRs shown
19%
Ceremonys every X days with interesting stats revealed.
32%

Total votes: 31

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Trek Tracks Stats

Post by niN »

Note that the Trek Tracks TT competition will end on the 17th of May. After that EVERYTHING WILL BE PUBLIC and hosted by me on my new site. So if you want public times for the simple reason of showing off your wrs, then maybe it's more approperiate to wait until after TT cup.

Original idea to introduce the levelpack was just a simple TT competition where the winner gets a prize with hidden times.

A few thoughts:
Hidden times obv means styles cannot be guessed by others

Hidden times might make the coming movie more interesting

Shown times gives motivation for players to hoyl better times, which might make replays for the movie better

Maybe the best way to reach a fair solution is to compromise?

This is for people playing the TTs, if you're not playing no need to vote :) The poll will end in 9 days, after that it's decided completely by this poll.
Juish
38mins club

Re: Trek Tracks Stats

Post by Juish »

should be shown wrTT and list of individual level wr's with no times but just nickname beside :)
39. Pab
40. Zweq ... etc.

then you must be resourceful to beg, bribe, whine for recs, styles and times from the person.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

29. Bjenn
etc
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Mawane :mrgreen:
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Juish wrote:should be shown wrTT and list of individual level wr's with no times but just nickname beside :)
39. Pab
40. Zweq ... etc.

then you must be resourceful to beg, bribe, whine for recs, styles and times from the person.
This and other cool stats will happen (sometimes) if you choose option #4 :)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

niN wrote:
Juish wrote:should be shown wrTT and list of individual level wr's with no times but just nickname beside :)
39. Pab
40. Zweq ... etc.

This and other cool stats will happen (sometimes) if you choose option #4 :)
Please no. I voted for #4 but that would give away way too much. Even the current situation where you reveal the amount of WRs per person is bit too much in my opinion. I would prefer if the stat updates would be creative and reveal just bits of information from which you could deduce things but not surely. For example reveal stats like "the biggest difference between 1st and 2nd in some level is 7,31 seconds", "the biggest relative difference between 1st and 2nd in some level is 18,3%", "the person with most 3rd best times is Bjenn", "the TT leader is 1:10,84 behind of the WR TT", "in a randomized selection of 10 levels there were 4 WRs by adi and FinMan and 2 by Bjenn", "the top3 in the total TT fight are within 31,5 seconds" etc. Also you could reveal the WR count per person rounded to closest 10 like "adi and FinMan ~20WRs, Bjenn ~10WRs,...". Also you could do the same for 2nd and 3rd places etc. And also you could reveal the average position of the player in each level and so on.

Also, just an idea for the final ending gala: reveal the times as well as the updated total TT level by level in IRC. It would be seriously exciting to follow the total TT situation and the WR counts per person to develop. That would make the ceremony and the contest really something special.
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I completely agree with nom. There is already a bit too much information imo.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Ok guys! Thanks for your comments! Very useful feedback there nom, will for sure keep it in mind!

Tomorrow is deadline for the vote and as it stands now, WRTT will be shown all the time and there will be no ceremonys.

In my opinion this is a good way. The ending gala will still be interesting although everyone will know the WRTT, nobody will have any clue on other peoples TTs and wrs etc which would be cool to see I guess! And I will definately make the ending gala interesting with things like that.

I guess from the top of my head the ending gala will be disclosed level by level with continuous personal TT standing updates (also WRTT I guess). I will include as much stats as I can (climbs and time gap improvements etc). I will try to end it like a real time race if you can imagine that. Basically what nom said already!

More feedback if you have anything interesting to say is always appreciated! :)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

If the wr tt is updated in real time, then people will know when they break a single level record.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Orcc wrote:If the wr tt is updated in real time, then people will know when they break a single level record.
Yes, the total TT should definately be updated once in a week at maximum I think. I suggest that you should arrange the ceremonies with total TT announcements as well as some random interesting stats announcements.
Coc0k
39mins club

Post by Coc0k »

share 5th best time on every level and stimulate to find and use faster styles