Date for ReDesign Cup v2

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

When should we arrange RDC2?

Now before September (including FEM time)
70%
Later in the winter after Master Räcer 3
30%

Total votes: 10

Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Date for ReDesign Cup v2

Post by Orcc »

Idiot System will arrange a new ReDesign Cup. The concept will be new, so it won't be just previous cup style redesign for OLP levs or something.

The question is: shall we have it now before nIN's MR3 begins (we have seven weeks starting from next Monday, also FEM will take place during this) or later in the winter?
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: Date for ReDesign Cup v2

Post by Lousku »

If you have time to arrange it early, I vote for the first option. It would flesh out FEM activity and I think we need that. But if that means it'll be rushed, do it later.

Anyway, I remember some redesign cup ideas bouncing around on IRC so I'm stoked. =))
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I hope the rules will be restrictive enough. When I looked at the redesigned internals, I was very disappointed by how it was always same speedloops with tiny polys made for convenient volting and stuff. Basically, the solution was always the same with very very few surprises. I think tight restrictions like "you only have 20 vertices to add" or something would spark a lot more creativity.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

kuchitsu wrote:I hope the rules will be restrictive enough. When I looked at the redesigned internals, I was very disappointed by how it was always same speedloops with tiny polys made for convenient volting and stuff. Basically, the solution was always the same with very very few surprises. I think tight restrictions like "you only have 20 vertices to add" or something would spark a lot more creativity.
Yeh, I agree. I actually think a similar idea as in my inspiration lev pack could work; giving at least some polygons you must use.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I can imagine it being really cool with very slight redesigns, like "delete one apple from intXX", and "remove one polygon from intYY etc. We'll see. Sounds fun!
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I hope it will still concern only internals! :beer:
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

The first cup ended up being quite speedloopish, but this sequel hopefully has a little more variance and at least it has higher emphasis on playing. Yes, there also are many different redesigning ideas which can be used in the possible future cups.

So far there are not many votes, but I take it as people don't mind about the time (either that, or nobody is interested). There's a slight edge on the quick start votes though, so big chances are that this cup will start on Monday 13.7.!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

An autolev event could be fun (edit the lev so that it finishes itself without you pressing anything).
Or some random rules like "you're allowed to draw stuff in the left part of the level but not in the right part".
And something crazy like a totally broken lev that you have to "untangle" but you're only allowed to move a limited amount of vertices (some kind of a puzzle).
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

kuchitsu wrote:And something crazy like a totally broken lev that you have to "untangle" but you're only allowed to move a limited amount of vertices (some kind of a puzzle).
This.