Who should handle the WR-table?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Who should handle the WR updates on moposite?

px
14%
Kopaka
37%
Markku
22%
Ruben
2%
Abula
4%
Bene
4%
roope
10%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 49

Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Who should handle the WR-table?

Post by Labs »

Since px very rarely does it. Choose your one or write the candidated man of yours.
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: Who should handle the WR-table?

Post by Lukazz »

I think Kopaka has enough to do with EOL-stuff already. I voted for roope.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

I voted for roope for same reason as Lukazz
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

kopaka - surely a totally trustable choice, but yeah - isn't he busy enough with other stuff? on the other hand, wr updating takes maybe ?15mins per month? and is also quite interesting activity.

markku - on last fem i told him it would be awesome if he made a wr, as he is the only one capable of having a wr NOW and also on a table #001. he replied: "i dont even know which lev i could improve". maybe it was mistaking, but it didnt feel like he is totally negative to that. maybe fake impression. he probably doesnt have time/motivation/both to do it. would like to see his statement on this. if he feels like he wont go for a wr ever, then he is definitely a good choice

ruben - well, he feels very trustable to me. but in the scene it usually takes years to gain trust, proving it by many different ways (and/or keeping up close with the crew). i dont think ruben is close with the leading crew (which i guess is hard to achieve anyway), but otherwise he feels appropiate, at least for me.

abula - surely trustable, not totally inactive but is he willing to do it?

bene - KINDA active, so maybe feels wrong

roope - still plays internals sometimes, so maybe a bit suspicious

i think there are many other guys who dont stand out of the crowd (or didnt manage to gain enough trust for some reason), but would fit into the function.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I appreciate being included in such a poll, quite fun, it shows that it's not completely impossible being a newcomer in this scene. That being said, I'm not an ideal choice by a long way. I suspect most mans don't trust me that much, but I also doubt that I can run any cheat-checking tools on OSX, soooo... But thanks anyway, Polx and jblaze for your kind words (and Labs for putting me in the poll).
:mrgreen:

Before anyone is choosen, I think the most important thing is to ask is there anyone who wants to do it? Sure, Kopaka already does a lot of things, but if he wants to do this then why not? Additionally, if he doesn't want to I don't think it's nice to force it on him. Same with all the others.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Yeps, it's actually kinda easy to eliminate people if being straight. Markku is one of the most trusted mans in the scene, but I don't think he has ever/lately had any eagerness to take any big responsibilities? Ruben is one of the best scene mans at the moment, but jumping "straight" to WR table updater would be too much I guess. Abula would soon go to the ways of px I'm afraid. That leaves Kopaka, bene and me. Bene already kinda said he wouldn't be fitting. Whenever any job like this is available, I too kinda think that "Kopaka has so much to do already, wouldn't like to bother him more" but I do think he would be the best man for this; as jb said, it's not that big a job. Can't really comment about myself, I'm happy that so far 2 mans hev voted for me and I guess I can say I would be willing to do the job, but I never really imagined myself being someone who would even be nominated for teh. I voted for Kopaka ez.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Dunno about others, but when it comes to elma-related trust, for me Kopaka easily surpasses everyone else, including px and Abula. I don't know what, but there's something about that guy that makes people want everything to be taken care of by him. He's consistent, honest, devoted and approachable, isn't he really perfect? Of course, this is 100% up to his willingness to do it, but I think he's the only truly suitable candidate. The others are all kinds-maybe oke, but not quite for the reasons many mans already said (mainly roope). I think it would be amazing for the internal scene if Koparka was up for it! After all, as it was already pointed out, it's not really a massive job...

Whoever it is though, I think this time we REALLY need to change something. This topic had been brought up many times before, but I feel like the situation wasn't this hopeless maybe ever. It's not just the time with no update that's worrying, but the scene desperately needs some activity, or something that would encourage some activity, instead of discouraging activity....
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Will we change the admin only if px agrees to it?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Kopaka or bene.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

roope wrote:Yeps, it's actually kinda easy to eliminate people if being straight. Markku is one of the most trusted mans in the scene, but I don't think he has ever/lately had any eagerness to take any big responsibilities? Ruben is one of the best scene mans at the moment, but jumping "straight" to WR table updater would be too much I guess. Abula would soon go to the ways of px I'm afraid. That leaves Kopaka, bene and me. Bene already kinda said he wouldn't be fitting. Whenever any job like this is available, I too kinda think that "Kopaka has so much to do already, wouldn't like to bother him more" but I do think he would be the best man for this; as jb said, it's not that big a job. Can't really comment about myself, I'm happy that so far 2 mans hev voted for me and I guess I can say I would be willing to do the job, but I never really imagined myself being someone who would even be nominated for teh. I voted for Kopaka ez.
Hahah, I love the way you inconspicuously excluded everyone but yourself. :lol:
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Madness wrote:
roope wrote:Yeps, it's actually kinda easy to eliminate people if being straight. Markku is one of the most trusted mans in the scene, but I don't think he has ever/lately had any eagerness to take any big responsibilities? Ruben is one of the best scene mans at the moment, but jumping "straight" to WR table updater would be too much I guess. Abula would soon go to the ways of px I'm afraid. That leaves Kopaka, bene and me. Bene already kinda said he wouldn't be fitting. Whenever any job like this is available, I too kinda think that "Kopaka has so much to do already, wouldn't like to bother him more" but I do think he would be the best man for this; as jb said, it's not that big a job. Can't really comment about myself, I'm happy that so far 2 mans hev voted for me and I guess I can say I would be willing to do the job, but I never really imagined myself being someone who would even be nominated for teh. I voted for Kopaka ez.
Hahah, I love the way you inconspicuously excluded everyone but yourself. :lol:
yea, I felt like that after reading roope's comment too :lol: But you know, it is always hard to comment about yourself.

on topic: ez vote for mark imo
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Well it's obvious that only I can know what exactly I think, and I don't know what non-me persons think about me o,o
what I said still stands 100%, even if I didn't exclude me (wouldn't hev even commented about me if I weren't in poll)
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

only kopaka and markku from that list are suitable imo and kopaka already has too much to do so i voted for markku, dont know if he would actually want to do it though
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Voted px for nostalgic reason. It has it's unique magic when you see wr update 2-3 times a year.
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

Kopaka have 56%. Imo it`s time to real actions now.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Can someone, Kopaka? do something from this poll, internals will die otherwise.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I didnt vote cause it was not possible to vote goofu
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I voted bene because he is trustworthy osv and Swedish. I like Sweden, Sweden is a good country, we have good welfare and.. oh wait. That's right, we are being taken over by immigrants and muslims like all other countries in Europe because the politicians failed horribly over 15 years ago and still haven't figured out what they did and still are doing wrong xD
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Bjenn wrote:I voted bene because he is trustworthy osv and Swedish. I like Sweden, Sweden is a good country, we have good welfare and.. oh wait. That's right, we are being taken over by immigrants and muslims like all other countries in Europe because the politicians failed horribly over 15 years ago and still haven't figured out what they did and still are doing wrong xD
That escalated quickly. 8O
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

NB: I actually asked Markku and he had no interest in doing this job.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

That's exactly why these polls are silly and useless. Who cares who is responsible of updating the table if they are doing their job?

And to answer myself; I don't care who should do it as long as it's not px because he is not doing his job. I doubt Abula would do any better, dunno why they are even in this poll because I think this was created because we want more devoted mans to do it???
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

BlaZtek wrote:NB: I actually asked Markku and he had no interest in doing this job.
so, who is interested in doing this job? Is there at least one man who want and can do it? If nobody in poll don't want to do it, so why this poll???? No results from it.

I don`t believe in #386 :(
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Why even mention Abula? He didn't bother to fix the bug double times on Moposite I reported in August 2012 and neither did he do anything about Kazan's and my missing TTs. When he was in charge of updating TTs manually, they were updated about once a year.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Maybe Balasz can do it since he seems to be relatively alive? xD How badass would that be.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

I voted Ruben
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Kopaka good trustworthy man, probably best suitable for the job.
other mans i think would be good mans for ze job:
roope
Lousku

Markku
Luther
veezay
vill--ej
ZeroxCOS
onlainari (32.40 enigma)
chris
jonsykkel
Ismo
Orcc
Tisk
nom
axxu
skint0r
oke
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Lukazz wrote:I think Kopaka has enough to do with EOL-stuff already
i am agre, i'd vote markku if i orkade press button
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hosp wrote:other mans i think would be good mans for ze job:
roope
Lousku

Markku
Luther
veezay
vill--ej
ZeroxCOS
onlainari (32.40 enigma)
chris
jonsykkel
Ismo
Orcc
Tisk
nom
axxu
skint0r
oke
wtf is wrong with you? You'd give the single most important job (after managing EOL) to just about anybody? ;<? I don't even know most of these peopel
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

you may need to spend more time in #across
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I can see why people would be reluctant to tayke on this job. Apart from being active, I'd say at least equally important is the responsibility of judging bugs. It's been forever since the Enigma WR but it still stains teh table, all because of one badly judged rec 12 fakking years ago. And I guess some mans don't agree with it being a bug so you'll be responsible for errors in someone's eyes in any case. Not a fun position.
Pawq wrote:just about anybody? ;<? I don't even know most of these peopel
This says moar about you living under a rock than anything =)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Thought you guys would keep up with my sarcasm there. I obviously know all these people but many of them are probably not more well known/responsible than me, and I'm galaxies away from suggesting myself to take this job. I thought it was obvious that it has to be someone super respected and known o,o
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

mentioning zeroxcos was funy, i have never seen him write a single elma-related line on #across, just 13 years of black-metal talk with skint0r ¨=)
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

oh didn't know he liked black metal sick
seen zerox in eol a few times but doesn't seem too active
Zerox
Kuski

Post by Zerox »

im mainly #across man mans
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I voted for roope, because he has most bears logged. Frankly I think px should decide.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Moposite has proved to maintain the table since 2001-04-08. Life happens but every year 4 updates at minimum during 17 years. Play more WRs and we update more often like the chart proves!

2009 and 2014 were bad years.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ruben would introduce quotas / bonus gaps for oppressed groups, so we can get them into teh table