Playing when HIGH

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

sierra
39mins club

Playing when HIGH

Post by sierra »

Is good or not

I just drove 25,53 precarious first try. and 25,10 shortly after

tHE game just seems so logical. vertices, polygons. gas, brake. left, right. alo, shift. just combinations. sequences.

it's like a symphony

and you're the conductor

the stick is in your hands now =o
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

stfu noob
moporators ban this guy
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i know that first time i tried elma, i was using some drugs so, really got me addicted...to elma, no drugs
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

one of my friends played alot of spiral at one point, but was unable to improve his time, and he had been playing for hours, then we smoked two joints and on his first try after smoking he drove best time.. might be luck might be the drugs, but hey it worked :)
Proud Member Of RDK
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

For me, I think it depends on the quantity I take.
too high is not good... well yes for level designing.

With a friend we made that for a while. We played the evening
until 4 am, we sleep, and the morning (12~13h) we burned some one
and design good levs with the "cadavre exquis" (Boneless, you speak
the 2 languages ?) technic. Very fun.

But for internals, it's much harder I feel
tomorrow, i stop.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

yeah it is nice you feel like elma is everything for you but there are some random drug tests in my schoal so i stopped
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

hashish is ok i geuss. only tried a bit playing with it. it didn't seem to put me down atleast. and i would think it's good for your patience when hoyling.

but seriously hashish isn't known to be a good performance drug in general, maybe something that sharpens your senses would be better, atleast for something like battling.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Samir wrote:yeah it is nice you feel like elma is everything for you but there are some random drug tests in my schoal so i stopped
d' oh sick =)
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

fucking junkies
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

zworqy wrote:fucking junkies
yea, with smoking some weed? ;S Maybe thats nat how things work in Lilla Edet? ;D
Nekit for president
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

alcohol definitely works for me, drove lots of my best times when coming home from a party drunk or on the day after

haven't ever played elma stoned, guess i've got better things to do after smoking weed :P
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ye, the day after drinking is ultimate hoyling day for me ... dunno why... maybe cuz im too worn out to do anything other than sit in front of the com and no matter how much i lose my patience im not able to move too much anyway so might as well play more instead of moving
Proud Member Of RDK
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

wtf playing with drunk works for you? i find it almost impossible, reactions are far too slow, it just becomes too much to handle. i recall trying to play Zig Zag one time, and it was so hopeless i've never even bothered to try elma again after drinking.

weed is different. it's not a depressant as alcohol is, it's a psychedelic drug. you're playing elma as never before - i find my movements become a lot more precise. i'm much more aware of the wheels, the distances beteen the wheels and other polygons, where the wheels are driving and where they're going to land, how the brakes work, how much to gas, aerial rotations. and like someone said, you can concentrate on hoyling a lot better, you just become a machine, i find there's really nothing better to do than play elma, honestly.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

If im drunk i cant even finish flat track ;) but when little bit drunk, then max ez... example: i drove my steep 43.27 when i was little bit drunk :)
Seize the day
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Raven wrote:i drove my steep 43.27 when i was little bit drunk :)
tipsy
CaeZar
Kuski

Post by CaeZar »

Elma is so fucking boring when you're drunk!
cAEz Image | Total Time: 40:42:62
Henkjan
Kuski

Re: Playing when HIGH

Post by Henkjan »

sierra wrote:Is good or not

I just drove 25,53 precarious first try. and 25,10 shortly after

tHE game just seems so logical. vertices, polygons. gas, brake. left, right. alo, shift. just combinations. sequences.

it's like a symphony

and you're the conductor

the stick is in your hands now =o
alo shift?!
what are those buttens used for?
and what's up with all the drugs? you guys all smoking weed etc etc?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Apparently they do... or pretend to.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

hmm... so sad..
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

why sad? its less harmful than cigs
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

cigs?
well still sad
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

lol drugs...u guys r so coal :roll:
Total Time: 38:35,14
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

zworqy wrote:fucking junkies
Give me a fucking break. Do you say the same thing to smokers? How about coffee drinkers?

I've never tried playing while high, but I know that playing drunk makes me feel very disconnected from the game, like the bike isn't responding the way it should to my commands. I imagine weed would have almost the opposite effect, enhancing the feeling of control and the understanding of the physics of the game.
sierra wrote:weed is different. it's not a depressant as alcohol is, it's a psychedelic drug.
It is a depressant, actually, but it's also a stimulant. It depresses some brain functions and stimulates others.
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

I think Tor smokes some weed :roll:
Seize the day
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

current multi wr at 38 with capo is driven after a big party were we both drank some litre of hard alco (40-50%) and a lot of beers..
i still can't believe we made it.. (we had only on chair (i was more important in that style) so he had to be on his knees while playing)
[carebox]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Raven wrote:I think Tor smokes some weed :roll:
Some?? :P

(edit later for more comments... gtg -->) dont remeber what i was gonna write ;X
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

milagros wrote:current multi wr at 38 with capo is driven after a big party were we both drank some litre of hard alco (40-50%) and a lot of beers..
i still can't believe we made it.. (we had only on chair (i was more important in that style) so he had to be on his knees while playing)
so you are saying capo is good on his knees...burn!
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Capo is good at everything, I really like him. :)
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

certain realization through thc... works on elma, works on anything I want...

MagnusB said reasons..
xp
37mins club

Post by xp »

I made best time on: 01,03,05,07,08,13,14,15,17,20,22,25,32,35,37,38,39,40,43,44,46,47,48,49 and 52 when i was high;)
TT: 37:46,xx
AVG TT: 38:42,xx
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

xp wrote:I made best time on: 01,03,05,07,08,13,14,15,17,20,22,25,32,35,37,38,39,40,43,44,46,47,48,49 and 52 when i was high;)
excellent.
when aren't you high, xp ?
just excellent.
Here we have some revelations here.
thanks. I thought elma's players just drink.
But elma players are smockers.
just good.
see you later

PS : 30:xx on New System
tomorrow, i stop.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ciph wrote:
milagros wrote:current multi wr at 38 with capo is driven after a big party were we both drank some litre of hard alco (40-50%) and a lot of beers..
so you are saying capo is good on his knees...burn!
no, he wasnt sucking while playing
[carebox]
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

heh weird conversation :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i always play elma way better when im stoned of my nut
as sierra said it makes the game simpler,
always battle best when im wasted
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
ciph
38mins club

Post by ciph »

40,5x quickround......dropped 2s.....took 3 hours maybe coulda done in 15mins if i wasnt so stoned ;)
TT: 38:51.97 (13th)
EM: 38:39.69 (8th)
-planning retirement
-planning comeback
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

mibi smoked 2times in my life, once i played elma The steppes , doing roundtrip over pole and round over again etc. was just nice to play ;z HI!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

So I thought I might tell about playing Elma while on mushrooms which was interesting to say the least.
First I played some internals about an hour after taking them, not much difference yet besides a little fuzzyness though I could still do twin peaks start about 50% of time as usual though details were getting hard to concentrate on.
[03:33:57] <Xarthok> i tried some elma but monitor was floating away the whole time, hard to pley

Then I got increasingly distracted by the whole sensory overload and everything feeling fantastic :D
The second time I turned Elma on again was after about another 1:30 hours which was soon after the first obvious hallucinations.
[04:56:49] <Xarthok> why does it taste like spiders

I downloaded the battle level and immediately got a strange feeling. Everything felt predictable, the level felt like I've seen the parts before. I even checked the level in editor and it seemed completely different than when playing it which got me mixed up a bit. I became convinced that not just details but the whole thing is a hallucination. Everything looked like something I could easily imagine in my mind, even all the chat responses from people. It didn't help when I asked people to tell me something I didn't know and nobody responded :D.

Anyway the level felt very funky, seemed like zoom was changing as I played. It seemed that the people I saw playing were too many (like 20) and that they were suspiciously driving the same way and order the whole time, like visual loops, and when I tried to concentrate on them or the minimap, they disappeared (even though I was simply lagging). I had incredible trouble taking an easy apple, always flied over it no matter how I tried to change the speed. The timescale of events seemed odd too, the 30 second level seemed to take minutes. Speed and distances were near impossible to measure as I went. The end of the level was also an easy jump but I couldn't get it no matter how I tried and I became convinced that I can't finish the level because it... doesn't exist! My idea was that if I managed to finish the level there would be consequences in the .lev, .rec and IRC logs which wouldn't make sense because after all the whole picture isn't real so my mind doesn't let me overlap with reality.
[05:18:36] <temp_server> 7. Xarthok 18 apples
[05:24:11] <Xarthok> this doesnt make sense
[05:24:28] <Xarthok> im seeing everything in very close detail and there were no 18 apples
Soon after that I somehow managed to finish the level which was a shock for me but then something distracted me and I forgot about it. Then I got 18.49 in twin peaks :D

After that came another battle. I got a different strange feeling there. This time it felt that the level was INFINITE. I kept on driving and driving and driving (pretty safely, at least tried to). The level seemed basic labyrinth, something I could easily imagine so it seemed my mind was for some reason dragging the level on and on as I went, with predictable vertices and tunnels. It felt like I was stuck in a loop, I couldn't take my mind off of it. The battle winner was like 1:30 mins and as it felt I was driving for at least 10 minutes again I was convinced my mind is making things up.
[05:47:54] <temp_server> 6. Xarthok 0 apples

Then another battle started, in the same level again! That got me even more convinced that I was stuck in a loop and I figured that to get out of it I had to somehow finish the level even though it seemed infinite, so I drived super safely and finished in 2 mins time. But still the winner of the battle was LazY, which I thought was very predictable so again I thought was my imagination, because he also wasn't responding in chat.
[05:59:49] <temp_server> 3. Xarthok 2:03:02

After that I really wanted to see the moment that my mind changes from hallucinations to reality so I figured I could press F2 to observe LazY cause he was still 'playing'. So I left that on and laid back on bed. After about 30 mins I looked and the screen was still following LazY which was very suspicious and again he didn't respond in chat so I just figured my mind was having trouble adjusting to reality so it was playing loops. The music I was listening to the whole time seemed like it was looping when it shouldn't be a lot of times.

Anyway I just decided to wait until it wears off and soon it did, without anything interesting. Reading belma chat logs would be pretty interesting now hehe.

Maybe I'll try this again sometime, but the bottom line is it certainly doesn't help playing :D
Last edited by 8-ball on 5 May 2009, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
39:37,91
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wow unless that's sarcasm, you already became braneded
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i wont to read that all, but ive just noticed, that i play much better when i relax and like dont care what i do, instead of being constantly focused on every single move in every single run. yesterday evening i was max tired and bored and after few tries made nice time in nw, then in first two tries missed 31,50 in oau. today, i am pretty focused and i cant even get u32...
k0xx
39mins club

Post by k0xx »

fun story Xarthok, reminds me of my belma+LSD experience
Pawq wrote:i wont to read that all, but ive just noticed, that i play much better when i relax and like dont care what i do, instead of being constantly focused on every single move in every single run. yesterday evening i was max tired and bored and after few tries made nice time in nw, then in first two tries missed 31,50 in oau. today, i am pretty focused and i cant even get u32...
How is that relevant to the topic?
elma
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

funny! (no sarcasm)
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

teajay wrote:funny! (no sarcasm)
yeah funny post
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

first interesting post on lauta in what feels like years :beer:
i think i'm gonna try playing too next time i do hallucinogenics.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

drugs are bad, mmmkay
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

zworqy wrote:drugs are bad, mmmkay
.... then segues into... woaaaaa! [pac man sequence]
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

i played some tunnel terror when totally stoned the other night, made start more often than usual o,o but for some reason i couldn't precisely drive at the top, like precise double spacings and shit, also died a lot at the ez brutal. maybe bad level choice. then i played some doom 2 and got freaked out cause i couldn't find blue key door in level 13 o,o
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

ye i just made new tunnel time and i blazed a nice bowl before hoyling

conclusion weed+hoyling=yes ma'am!
TT= 38 somethin
akesateR
Kuski

Post by akesateR »

I only play high, hard not to.
[ akesateR ]
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

It was time for a new experiment. Elma on acid.

As soon as initial effects kicked in I decided to go and see how it affects my battling skills.

When I first opened a level first thing I noticed was how "alive" all the colours were and how the dog in the sky was glowing and moving around on its own. Fascinating, to say the least.

I drove some Loop-de-Loop, got 18.mid I think. I got distracted by the tree in the middle of the lev and how it seemed to move in the wind or something. Also got stuck in the pit, couldn't get out. Found that funny.

The current multistyle battle level seemed way too complicated. I couldn't get the top apple on the first try no matter what and pretty much every try I used a different style (later I tried it again and it was easy, just needed to feel the speed). The speed of the bike was impossible to determine, making driving uphill very difficult. Time seemed to alternate between slowing down and accelerating as I played which was amusing to experience.

I asked Hosp to make a simple level that doesn't require much stylefinding. This is where things got interesting. Experiencing time slow-downs I felt I could "feel" the level much better. I felt that I could make the 7 second long level last a minute in my "experience time" if I wanted to. After struggling with the level for 8 minutes something suddenly clicked and I knew what to do. I made a great bounce in the last minute and won with 7.76, more than half a second ahead of the 2nd place.

Often times I got completely distracted by something while playing, usually from things happening on their own in my mind.

Unfortunately I forgot to try and make a level while in my visionary mindset. Well, next time.
Attachments
enege001.lev
lev of the battle that I won
(1.21 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
enege001_946Xar.rec
rec of the battle that I won
(6.62 KiB) Downloaded 116 times