internet and privacy

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

internet and privacy

Post by onlainari »

Almost all action you make on internet is stored and can't be undone, like this message too. They have services to store everything. Can look back to old messages in mopolauta and see, how perhaps your personality has changed.

What about in 10-50 years? Everything will be indexed better, and it is easier to access whoever's entries if they ever submitted any data on the internet.

You can start reading your old blogs and forum entries, and make it feel like a yesterday. - Before internet, a personal diary and your personal pictures was a way to go back to history, but now there is internet, and it is not personal anymore. Whoever can learn whoever, privacy is gone forever.

Original: Things don't play out always like wanted on the internet. In real-time chat, it is harder to express.
Last edited by onlainari on 26 Feb 2006, 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Atleast sometimes things don't come out the way I want them too, which is mainly when talking in non native language english. Even though I think I should be pretty good at it by now some things are hard to formulate. :I
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Problem is, that communicating isn't only done through sentences in real life. In IRC you can send messages which may seem like a certain kind of mood, but when you would've said it straight to the man in real life it may be totally different.