are you a christian?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Henkjan
Kuski

are you a christian?

Post by Henkjan »

My girlfriend..
i won't brake up her, no matter what happends.
something allready happen. and i still love her.
(she didn't cheat or anything)
she stole something
because she wanted to be beautifull.. in my eyes she is the most beautifull girl of the world..
her dad is sick and her mom can't work cause she's watching her dad..
so they don't have any money. but when she tried to walk out of the shop some women asked if she could look in her bag.
so she got caught. she is glad she got caught. she hurts herself because she wants to punnish her self.
every night i ask god to help her. she told me she is gonna change her life and i'm gonna help her with it.
we are both christians so we will make it.. and i will love her for all my life. even if she's not the perfect girlfriend.
she is the perfect girlfriend for me. hope this will change anyone's mind about how mutch you can love a person.
and god does axist. though you may not believe it, why not? what if you die and you stand infront of god and you can't explain how sorry you are for not believing, why not give it a try? god loves you. he gave his son for you.
people all think church is boring.. but it's not. it's not if you believe. when i think about what god has done for me i get tears in my eyes (tears of happyness). and i thank him. why not give it a try?
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

i condicär mysealf crille bat i dont beliiv in gaad or pray and crap :I well goad lakk mate and girlmate.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

what?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

im agnostic....
Proud Member Of RDK
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

When you lie there in the ditch after your brain short-circuited, wouldn't you regret not having done all thoose things that religion stopped you from doing? cause you wont stand infront of god, you will still lieing there in the ditch, not thinking, not feeling, nada.

But i do respect you for beliving in god, christians have a smaller chance of getting in prison or committing suicide, it's just that they are wasting so much time.

And btw, if you think church is boring, not much will change that.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Juski wrote:When you lie there in the ditch after your brain short-circuited, wouldn't you regret not having done all thoose things that religion stopped you from doing? cause you wont stand infront of god, you will still lieing there in the ditch, not thinking, not feeling, nada.

But i do respect you for beliving in god, christians have a smaller chance of getting in prison or committing suicide, it's just that they are wasting so much time.

And btw, if you think church is boring, not much will change that.
tell me something that religion stops you from doing.
since i'm a christian, my life has got from bad to great
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

christianity = boring
most religions forbid sins that are fun like drinking having pre-marrge sex etc etc
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

oh my god i haeav sinned hahahaa :>
Proud Member Of RDK
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

sex is not a sin. just not befor marrige.
drinking a little is not a sin. drinking too mutch is just plain stupid.
and you can have fun without drinking. so weird that people think that when you drink it's more fun..
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ye! dont drink so much. Smoke weed instead! WHAT WERE U THINKING PPL!!!

:P
Proud Member Of RDK
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

houh drinking toa mach ;X i guess im not a sinner in teh drinking at least
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

the bible says that you have to take good care of your body.
so smoking weed and stuff like that is a sin. so drinking too mutch alsow is a sin. your body is made by god.. you have to take good care of it
BTW: i can prove that god accists. it's just kinda hard to do, cause english is not my main language.. i'm dutch
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

I'm not really christian... although my great uncle is a priest.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Henkjan wrote:the bible says that you have to take good care of your body.
so smoking weed and stuff like that is a sin. so drinking too mutch alsow is a sin. your body is made by god.. you have to take good care of it
BTW: i can prove that god accists. it's just kinda hard to do, cause english is not my main language.. i'm dutch

i think its rather subjective to say that my body is made by God... God is a phenomenon thats inside ppls heads to gain hope and comfort... Ppl are the result of evolution and the earth and other planets and solarsystems have been created by violent explosions and combinations of the right basic elements...

if God created the earth and heavens in 7 days he's really been fucking up the last many years..
Proud Member Of RDK
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

liek even priests teak care of tehm badis :F i mean tehm ar usually overweightz and loak bad in generalz.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

just don't forget, 1000 years is 1 day for god.
and it's not god who's doing anything bad. god loves you.
it's the people that do it..
btw, it's proven that it's impossible that something starts from nothing.
and it's proven that the "big blast" is impossible.
.... that's all wrong dude.
your saying that some day there was a big explosion and somehow there is a planet that looks like it's MADE for humans to live on..
and how could it be that after milions of years someway there are humans walking on that earth? that are born from nothing? that's just impossible
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I have to say im religious too and although it's just my opinon pesten how could evolution and explosions make such complex body's and how every thing in the world works. Like I heard the other day that there is some bird that is the only bird in the world that can polinate this certain kind of flower. I don't know the example Henkjan was looking for to prove god is real but ive got 1 example. They found Noah's arc on the top of a huge mountain not to long ago. In case u don't know what an arc is it's a huge boat that was used to carry 2 of each animal. Im not sure how any person could get that boat up on top of the mountain except for how the bible explains it. The 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. But the thing is not one thing is gonna make everyone see that god is real u just gotta believe.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

no i didn't actualy mean that:P
well the bible says that in the future (wich is now) there would be alot of wars and earthquakes and stuff like that much more then befor..
how could any human predict that in the future there are more wars and earthquakes and tsunami, hunger... etc etc etc.. it was a long time ago that the bible was written.. no human could have ever known that there would be more wars and earthquakes and stuff like that..
it's written in the bible that all the things that are happening now are seposed to happen.
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

its proven already that it is possible and bah fucking jesus believer i hate you :F god i mean or wattehell same crap...i bet yuo boiz ar muslims or talibans anyways.seriouzly go to church and stuff ;D wtf is taht
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)
and just answer my question
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

cum again o_O cant find teh question...im full of answers tell me waht yuo nead to know¨.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

how could any human predict that in the future there are more wars and earthquakes and tsunami, hunger... etc etc etc.. it was a long time ago that the bible was written.. no human could have ever known that there would be more wars and earthquakes and stuff like that..
it's written in the bible that all the things that are happening now are seposed to happen.
this is my question.. how could any human know that 2000 years ago?
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

anyone could have predicted that doh :D retarded...didnt even nostra teh man predict lotsa stuff bakc in teh dayz taht cummed tryez.yuo dont hear ppl give credit to taht genoiuz everyday do yuo...instead yuo retarded morons read sum bible taht is full of crap :F only thing its goad for is to find fancy words i cane impress jaytea and sierra wiht (not taht i done taht yet) "seriouzly"
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

no one could have predicted that.. your just not making any sence.
i am making sence..
your telling me some man just wrote down that there are gonna be big wars and there will be hunger and alot of thing with nature. and it somehow just happend? that's not making any sence
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Henkjan wrote:no i didn't actualy mean that:P
well the bible says that in the future (wich is now) there would be alot of wars and earthquakes and stuff like that much more then befor..
Thats the most idiothic thing to say ever, if there wasn't more wars etc nowdays, then the prediction wouldnt be true, but only because we didnt wait lnog enough. Because i can say this: "Kent B. Beasson will win the lottery" now will yu worship me? because if you jsut wait long enough that will happen someday and that means i made a prediction which means i am god?

Henkjan wrote:i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)
and just answer my question
All religions is same bullshit, buncha ppl that doesnt understand what the world came from so they madfe something up to belive in.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

know what your saying, man. you will not be proud of it when Jezus come to earth.
i just have to say this because as a christian it's my mission to do this.
Jezus will come to earth the same way he wen't away from it.
befor that happens, all the christians will disapear from earth and will go to heaven. after that there will be a horrible time on earth.
just remember this.. when people disapear from the earth just remember what i said here. cause you will know it's the truth.
but you will still have time to turn into a christian then. but if i were you i wouldnd wait.
Last edited by Henkjan on 9 Mar 2006, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

Henkjan one question. Say, when bible took popularity among people and when all people started to believe in bible? Answer this and i will ask more.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

henkjan, jesus doesn not exist, so yes, i wont be happy when he(who does not exist) comes to earth :D
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i'm not a preacher..
i just know the most importand thing.
i do know that it happend between now and 2006 years go..
i can tell you it were people that wrote the bible.. but they wrote down what they saw in they visions they got from God..
and some of them wrote down what happend befor and after Jezus got killed on the cross. and He did it for YOU. he did it so your sins could be forgiven
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Memphis wrote:I have to say im religious too and although it's just my opinon pesten how could evolution and explosions make such complex body's and how every thing in the world works. Like I heard the other day that there is some bird that is the only bird in the world that can polinate this certain kind of flower. I don't know the example Henkjan was looking for to prove god is real but ive got 1 example. They found Noah's arc on the top of a huge mountain not to long ago. In case u don't know what an arc is it's a huge boat that was used to carry 2 of each animal. Im not sure how any person could get that boat up on top of the mountain except for how the bible explains it. The 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. But the thing is not one thing is gonna make everyone see that god is real u just gotta believe.

How could explosions create such complex bodies????? EVOLUTION !!!!! How could "God" do it... he just sat down and made a blueprint that happend to be perfect???

Noas ark can not have been found

1. it was made of wood and would have been soo rotten by now that it would have been vaporised maaaaany years ago...

2. a boat would not lie there unnoticed for such a long time

3. IT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST STORY EVER AND NONE OTHER THAN YOU HAS HEARD IT!

this is such lol hearing sach lame arguments :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Juski wrote:henkjan, jesus doesn not exist, so yes, i wont be happy when he(who does not exist) comes to earth :D
oh, your so funny. you won't laugh when it actualy happends
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

petsen wrote:
Memphis wrote:I have to say im religious too and although it's just my opinon pesten how could evolution and explosions make such complex body's and how every thing in the world works. Like I heard the other day that there is some bird that is the only bird in the world that can polinate this certain kind of flower. I don't know the example Henkjan was looking for to prove god is real but ive got 1 example. They found Noah's arc on the top of a huge mountain not to long ago. In case u don't know what an arc is it's a huge boat that was used to carry 2 of each animal. Im not sure how any person could get that boat up on top of the mountain except for how the bible explains it. The 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. But the thing is not one thing is gonna make everyone see that god is real u just gotta believe.

How could explosions create such complex bodies????? EVOLUTION !!!!! How could "God" do it... he just sat down and made a blueprint that happend to be perfect???

Noas ark can not have been found

1. it was made of wood and would have been soo rotten by now that it would have been vaporised maaaaany years ago...

2. a boat would not lie there unnoticed for such a long time

3. IT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST STORY EVER AND NONE OTHER THAN YOU HAS HEARD IT!

this is such lol hearing sach lame arguments :)
1. it was probably very cold on that mountain and that reduces the rotting process.
2. well if according to you "not believerd" some man can predict that there will be more wars and stuff like that, then a boat can be unnoticed for 5000 years.
3. every christian has heard that story. and it about 10% of all humans
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

look henkjan if u say bible took popularity between 0 and 2006 so between these years were more books or rumours about future and just one rumour/book (bible) took popularity becouse it showed the most accurate opinion about future so from then people believes in bible becouse it was most accurate. And one more thing every religion is true for people who believes in it. I'm christian just because of my parents but i like Buddha's thoughts the most. Religion is nothing belief is.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Tm wrote:look henkjan if u say bible took popularity between 0 and 2006 so between these years were more books or rumours about future and just one rumour/book (bible) took popularity becouse it showed the most accurate opinion about future so from then people believes in bible becouse it was most accurate. And one more thing every religion is true for people who believes in it. I'm christian just because of my parents but i like Buddha's thoughts the most. Religion is nothing belief is.
the bible has two parts.. the part befor jezus came and the part after..
later they pud all the parts together and it was called the bible.
the bible is God's word. And Going to churge doesn't make you a christian..
going to mcdonalds doesn't make you a hamburger.
you are a christian when you believe that Jezus is God's son and that Jezus died for your sins.
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

they say yuo ar waht yuo eat :I i believe taht moer tahn teh bible at least...so im a hamburger.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

whit that they mean you are the KIND of food you eat(fat food, healthy food, etc etc..)
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

zworqy wrote:I'm not really christian... although my great uncle is a priest.
thats exactly my opinion :teeth:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Interesting discussion, and right on my birthday, holy christ.

Henkjan, I hope you girlfriend's gonna be alright. Punishing yourself isn't what jesus wants, does he? She should try to make up for bad things by doing good things instead. Also, henkjan, it didn't surprise me much that you find the islam a bad religion. I myself don't see it that way. In general I find religion a bit disturbing, but not one of those big three distinguish themselves as good or bad for me.

I never heard about that story though, that the arc/ark/arch was found. On top of a mountain? I need to know some details first about that. Can you supply those?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Henkjan wrote:1. it was probably very cold on that mountain and that reduces the rotting process.
2. well if according to you "not believerd" some man can predict that there will be more wars and stuff like that, then a boat can be unnoticed for 5000 years.
3. every christian has heard that story. and it about 10% of all humans
1. I didnt think you were that stupid to say something like that, it would need to be like 0kelvin degrees for wood to last that long, i thought you would reply with soemthing like "god blessed the wood so it couldnt be rot"
2.well some man cannot predict that, anything you say will come true if you jsut wait long enough, and by the way there is not more wars nowdays, you just know abuot more wars today. that shows that you are pretty ignorant.
3. are you serious? are 10% of all humans that stupid?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Look, there can be millions of reasons why that boat was preserved. Most likely only the framework is still intact, and it was buried under sad I guess. Under these conditions, with lesser oxygen it's rather possible that it could be there. What's yet unbelievable that's found on a mountaintop. I'm guessing it's a hill and perhaps to where once was an lake. Or there were some bangos in the head from tjetjenia who build an arc on a mountaintop, just to prove they were the descendants from noah.

And to stick to this topic: No, I'm not christian. I don't have any religion. I don't think there's a spiritual force active. I only know there's live and there are atoms and that they go blink blonk and you have this: life. And when you go blink blonk for billions of years you get this: complex cell structures, or: humans. And I don't find it very impressive that the bible predicts wars.

Since the beginning of time there have been wars. There hasn't been a single day without war for a long time.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

why is it people have such a big ego that they think that when they die the become something other that grass for cows to eat.
personally i think religon is a load of shit, but if some people want to believe in something and it helps them i have no problem with it, what i cant stand, is people trying to put there beliefs on to others, like the guy that started this thread, as for saying that islam is a bad religon is a crock of shit, christians like muslims have been fighting and killing innocent people for thousands of years, no one religon is better than others, i believe in myself, i belive that i can do what ever i want to do to the best of my ability, no greater power is there to help me. telling us you are religous is fine and asking our opinions is great, but then we you try and tell us our opinions are wrong that is when you have become to one eyed to have an open mind and its people like you that make people like me hate religous people
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

My two cents:
Henkjan wrote: what if you die and you stand infront of god and you can't explain how sorry you are for not believing, why not give it a try? god loves you. he gave his son for you.
It's quotes like this that make me think that most religious people take religion far less seriously than people who are not religious. "why not give it a try"... should it really be that easy? Isn't the whole deal about believing? Believing is not about giving anything "a try". One can't convince oneself to suddenly believe in something just to be on "the safe side". If there did exist a Christian God, I doubt he'd consider that a true belief in him and Jesus.
Henkjan wrote:
when i think about what god has done for me i get tears in my eyes (tears of happyness). and i thank him.
Good for you.
Henkjan wrote: BTW: i can prove that god accists. it's just kinda hard to do, cause english is not my main language.. i'm dutch
There a Dutch people reading this board who are better in English than you. So, give it a try, write it in Dutch and maybe they'll translate it for you.
Henkjan wrote:
and it's not god who's doing anything bad. god loves you.
it's the people that do it..
God is Allmighty, Allpowerful, Omnipotent. Those are very strong words that I feel Christians put less thought in than they should.
Henkjan wrote:and it's proven that the "big blast" is impossible.
No it's not.
Henkjan wrote: your saying that some day there was a big explosion and somehow there is a planet that looks like it's MADE for humans to live on..
and how could it be that after milions of years someway there are humans walking on that earth? that are born from nothing? that's just impossible
The planet is far from MADE for humans to live on. The Earth doesn't exist because humans exist, but humans exist because the Earth exists.
Born from nothing? Evolutionary theory does not involve something being born from nothing. And there are just too many things pointing towards evolution to be true, than that it simply can be ignored.
Memphis wrote: I have to say im religious too and although it's just my opinon pesten how could evolution and explosions make such complex body's and how every thing in the world works. Like I heard the other day that there is some bird that is the only bird in the world that can polinate this certain kind of flower.
Perhaps evolution made the bird of this type able to polinate this flower because it was to the species' advantage that it could?
Memphis wrote:They found Noah's arc on the top of a huge mountain not to long ago. In case u don't know what an arc is it's a huge boat that was used to carry 2 of each animal. Im not sure how any person could get that boat up on top of the mountain except for how the bible explains it.
Yes I know this story. And it's not a boat anywhere near the size of Noah's arc as I remember it. And such findings does not prove that God exists. Here's what it proves: The Bible is in many ways a History book, but with very flawed sources. YES, there was a flood in that area at about that time in history. For instance the Black Sea got far larger than it is today. And to the people who came up with the stories for the Bible, this area WAS the world. So a giant flood in this area alone was looked upon as a flood of the whole world. And there might have been sightings of a boat which became stranded on top (I don't actually think these modern findings of this boat was at the top of a mountain, but rather some way down the mountainside.) of a mountain. Naturally, such a spectacular event would lead to great inspirations in making fiction based upon it.
Other events described in the Bible as acts of God have also been proven by scientists to have occured. Like the "splitting" of the Red Sea when the Jews fled from Egypt. This was caused by a massive burst in a volcano located on an island some way out in the Mediterranean. The Red Sea wasn't actually split in half, but it became drawn back and revealed the earth below it, and then some time after it came back again in great power.

Henkjan wrote: well the bible says that in the future (wich is now) there would be alot of wars and earthquakes and stuff like that much more then befor..
There have always been a lot of wars and earthquakes and stuff like that. More hunger is easy enough to predict, as the population gets bigger. But please give direct quotes from the Bible stating these so-called predictions. And these 'predictions' are all very loose indeed. Of course there will be, some time in the future, more natural disasters than at the moment.
Henkjan wrote: i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)
Ahhh... That's a healthy attitude.
Henkjan wrote: know what your saying, man. you will not be proud of it when Jezus come to earth.
i just have to say this because as a christian it's my mission to do this.
It's your mission as a Christian to convert other people to Christianity because the Church wanted power and the more people they got to become Christians the more power they got and the more people they got to oppress.
Henkjan wrote: but you will still have time to turn into a christian then. but if i were you i wouldnd wait.
Again, shouldn't this be about genuine beliefs, and not about doing something out of fear?
Last edited by SveinR on 10 Mar 2006, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I don´t believe in Keyser Soze but I fear him?

Fear "motivates" many ppl. Me too I guess...
Elasto Mania - ez better
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Henkjan wrote:i'm a christian (moslim is a bad religion)
hm. Whats wrong with the muslims?? I mean thats the wierd thing about the bible, Why does it judge people by the way they are? Sexuallity is a sin, christianity is the right thing BLA BLA... What the fuc*? who is it to say whats right? We have a faking penis and I am going to use it for plesure, does the bible have a problem with that?!.. If it does then let me face the shit... Anyway i know nothing about the bible so I hope I didn't post something untrue there.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

tell me, if evolution created all the creatures, then why did it only create one that is as smart as the humans? why is the human the only smart creature on the earth? and why are all the other enimals not smart?
EDIT: just because some genius man said that evolution created the humans and everything blabla and big bang happend and stuff like that, everyone just believes it. where did the big bang come from? first there was nothing, and then suddenly there was a big bang?
Last edited by Henkjan on 10 Mar 2006, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

Henkjan, however strong a christian you are is irrelevant.. passing islam off as a 'bad religion' is naive and plain dumb. let people have their beliefs even if theyre completely different to yours

there are two varieties of christians, those with blind faith i.e. those who were born into christianity and had the bible pounded into their heads at an early age. these people have never legitimately questioned god's existence, and simply believe in it cause they were taught to. then there are those who have actually studied the bible, had their life unexplainably go from absolute trash to good for no apparent reason, maybe even believe they have communicated with god on some level. of course i dont accept that anyone on this planet has that capability, its these 2nd type of christians that i respect.. not the ones who join into christianity to metaphorically 'lean' on god

i myself am atheist, i dont quite like the concept of religion. it's simply a means of trying to understand the incomprehensible, people dont feel so alone and hopeless if theyve convinced themselves that their souls are tied to some god(s). people are too scared to commit their belief purely to themselves and friends/family (they may not even have friends/family). it may be that they have accomplished next to nothing in life that they have nowhere else to turn than seek a religion.

basically ppl choose what works for them, i have chosen the atheist route because i believe i am strong enough to do anything. but dont come here trying to convert ppl
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i wasen't a christian till i was 14.
my parents devorced and i wen't to church with my dad.
i wasn't forced to do anything.
btw, i think people should all be treated the same..
if you are a moslim and you are a women you can't show anything of your body except for the eyes.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

jaytea wrote:Henkjan, however strong a christian you are is irrelevant.. passing islam off as a 'bad religion' is naive and plain dumb. let people have their beliefs even if theyre completely different to yours

there are two varieties of christians, those with blind faith i.e. those who were born into christianity and had the bible pounded into their heads at an early age. these people have never legitimately questioned god's existence, and simply believe in it cause they were taught to. then there are those who have actually studied the bible, had their life unexplainably go from absolute trash to good for no apparent reason, maybe even believe they have communicated with god on some level. of course i dont accept that anyone on this planet has that capability, its these 2nd type of christians that i respect.. not the ones who join into christianity to metaphorically 'lean' on god

i myself am atheist, i dont quite like the concept of religion. it's simply a means of trying to understand the incomprehensible, people dont feel so alone and hopeless if theyve convinced themselves that their souls are tied to some god(s). people are too scared to commit their belief purely to themselves and friends/family (they may not even have friends/family). it may be that they have accomplished next to nothing in life that they have nowhere else to turn than seek a religion.

basically ppl choose what works for them, i have chosen the atheist route because i believe i am strong enough to do anything. but dont come here trying to convert ppl
if you think you are strong eanoth. try to follow the ten commandants, without asking gods help.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

jaytea wrote:Henkjan, however strong a christian you are is irrelevant.. passing islam off as a 'bad religion' is naive and plain dumb. let people have their beliefs even if theyre completely different to yours
Yes exactly! and I do respect that you've decided that the bible is the right thing. But hear me, you've been brainwashed, if the bible said for example "Go kill the homosexualls for they are not ment to be" I bet you ten bucks there would be a lot less homosexualls in this world.. (I have absolutely nothing against homosexuallity it was just a example) So tell me Henkjan is it true that the bible have got something against homosexuallity? If it does please don't tell me You have to just because it does. well anyways I've heard it does, but I need you to confirm it, so?...
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Science cannot disprove religion. And religion cannot disprove science. They are independent, irreconcilable entities.

I'll admit that science does not paint the full picture. Any physicist from Newton to Einstein would admit to this. But religion is hardly a credible alternative.

This subject has been analysed and evaluated so many thousands of times in my head that I don't feel obliged to elaborate on any assertions I've made. The only thing I will say to everybody in this topic is: your opinion isn't worth jack shit more than anyone else's. So stop attacking one another and just accept the equilibrium of total and utter ignorance and meaninglessness.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06