are you a christian?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

people think church wants power, but church gives alot of money to good things. for people in war and stuff..
JAMES
Kuski

Post by JAMES »

i havn't read this topic, only the last post, just wanted to say that the church only helps people when it is good for the church.
why did the church do fuck-all during the holocaust?
and why do priests in africa say that condoms cause aids?
You can do anything in life, but you can't do everything.

Oh well...Shit happens!!!
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

yeah the church does need monet alsow (duh)
but they give some away to good things.

about that priests in africa thing, i dunno.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

its only the last hundred years or so where the church have lost all their power and the good guys have come back and started giving money to some poor ppl etc. But before this all the church ever wanted was power and rich, exploiting people's belief in god to make them donate money to the church so they could make all sorta things out of gold etc.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

yeah those were the bad churches. it was in the time the bible was only written in ONE language. the church said things like if you don't do what we say you will go to hell etc etc etc. and people were scared and believed it. then came some man who disagread with it and he translated it to german.. and so ended the story.
but people got so mad at the churches that they started killing everyone..
but they didn't know what they were doing.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

So the more people become christian, the bigger the hunger of the church to dominate.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

people give freely, they are not forced to do anything.
the church i go to we drink coffee afterwords.
and we eat there alsow. and that costs money too. preachers need to live on something too. the church has to pay that alsow.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I have one question for you:

if you take one strong believer of christianism, one of protestantism, one of judaism, one of jehovah's witnesses, one hinduist and one atheist, and all put them in the same room, who will come out to influence who?

What would come to be the greatest religion, the one that offers the most?

there is no "good" or "bad" religion.
everyone has their own personal beliefs, you know

you cannot change people's beliefs. they are better to form it with "direct experience"
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It would be a nice giant moshpit :D
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

some people don't have a belief, i'm just spreadin the word, nothing more.
if i see someone with a diffrend riligion, i could talk to him about what the bible says, and what it has done in my life. and i won't do anything more then that. he can tell me the same, it won't bother me.
but let me say this.
a jude reads the same bible as the christian, they just don't read the part after Jezus came to earth. so alot of judes don't believe in jezus.
but some judes do. Jezus is the King of the judes.
so a jude is a christian too... a protenstant is a christian alsow..
catholic is christian alsow.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I didn't say I don't believe. I believe in myself.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

petsen wrote:which means fewer idiots...which is a good thing..
This is a very ignorant statement.

Let's try to keep personal attacks and religious attacks out of this.
and this is directed at everyone and not petsen alone
Last edited by SveinR on 11 Mar 2006, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

tijsjoris wrote:I didn't say I don't believe. I believe in myself.
i said SOME people, not you.
and everyone believes in himself, you only have to look in the mirror. some people just think there is something greater, and they might want to know something about it. and i'm free to tell my believe and how it has changed my life in a good way. well i can't tell how it has changed my life, i can only tell that it has changed my life.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

SveinR wrote:
petsen wrote:which means fewer idiots...which is a good thing..
This is a very ignorant statement.

Let's try to keep personal attacks and religious attacks out of this.
and this is directed at everyone and not petsen alone

sorry man :)

fair enuff :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Henkjan wrote:
and everyone believes in himself, you only have to look in the mirror. some people just think there is something greater, and they might want to know something about it. and i'm free to tell my believe and how it has changed my life in a good way. well i can't tell how it has changed my life, i can only tell that it has changed my life.
I belive one cannot be without belief, you have to belive something right? And youre now stubbornly trying to deny us our freewill of beliving what we want to belive and forcing us into christianity, thats not nice.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

Just one thought in this battle.
-I've felt on later times that hostility against religion is growing pretty rappidly.I think this will lead to that the right to belive in what you want, religious freedom, will disappear sooner or later. Of course not maybe you say, it is a part of human rights etc.
But think of it. Many people hate religion. You can't actually blame them, many people in religions name have done many horrible things. But they hate it, and I think that there will be so many that don't want religion that they will try to destroy it (extinct it or what you say). It will be the opposite of the crusades.

-Atheism has become the main religion now.

-If people would follow the principles of the religions the world would be a better place. Not to be a hippocrit (romans 2:21,22), treat others like you want them to treat you(matthew 7:12), not to lie (proverbs 6:16-19) and other principles.

-Everybody should have the right to tell others about their religion, but not to force them. An analogy. If somebody knew that a building was on fire, wouldn't he try to warn them who are inside. maybe those who knock on the doors feels so about the persons in the world, since according to the bible the doomsday is comming, that they must help others. But everybody has the right to decide if they want to listen or not, can't force them.

I just think that everybody should just try to be kind to eachother and try to understand them. I don't say my opinion is right, just that this is my opinion right now until I've read something that changes them.
Nothing anymore....
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Juski wrote:
Henkjan wrote:
I belive one cannot be without belief, you have to belive something right? And youre now stubbornly trying to deny us our freewill of beliving what we want to belive and forcing us into christianity, thats not nice.
where did i say this?
how many times do i have to say the same thing, i am not forcing anyone into anything. what you do is your choice, there is no way possible i could force anyone on the internet. maybe if i say i'm gonna hack you wich you won't believe. so there is no way i can force you anything, and i'm not forcing you anything.
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

Then give up. If they are intressted they'll ask you about it.
Nothing anymore....
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

niN wrote:
Henkjan wrote:nope
well.. I'm lost, you said that the bible have a thing against homosexualls and then you said you don't, thats disagreeing to me...
the bible says that you CAN'T be a homosexual.
it doesn't say you have to be AGAINST homosexual and that i should go into a gay bar and kill everyone i see in there.
it just says i can't be gay. it's that simple, nothing more.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

jonsi wrote: -I've felt on later times that hostility against religion is growing pretty rappidly.I think this will lead to that the right to belive in what you want, religious freedom, will disappear sooner or later. Of course not maybe you say, it is a part of human rights etc.
But think of it. Many people hate religion. You can't actually blame them, many people in religions name have done many horrible things. But they hate it, and I think that there will be so many that don't want religion that they will try to destroy it (extinct it or what you say). It will be the opposite of the crusades.
Hmm. I doubt something like this will happen. And if people truly hate religion, then they are neither very well-informed or very reflected.
jonsi wrote:-Atheism has become the main religion now.
I don't know about that. Certainly many countries seem to be more and more secularized. But in the USA, for instance, there is a very strong right-wing conservative Christian movement, and in other non-western countries religion stands very high. I know, looking at the youth of today, that they may seem anti-religion but for many of them it's just a phase and they will come back to religion. It's just not cool to be Christian.
jonsi wrote:-If people would follow the principles of the religions the world would be a better place. Not to be a hippocrit (romans 2:21,22), treat others like you want them to treat you(matthew 7:12), not to lie (proverbs 6:16-19) and other principles.
Of course. But religions aren't the only sources of a good morale.
jonsi wrote:-Everybody should have the right to tell others about their religion, but not to force them. An analogy. If somebody knew that a building was on fire, wouldn't he try to warn them who are inside. maybe those who knock on the doors feels so about the persons in the world, since according to the bible the doomsday is comming, that they must help others. But everybody has the right to decide if they want to listen or not, can't force them.
I dislike missionarism, I won't go in about my reasons why here.
To answer your comment: In western countries there is no need to tell people about Christianity. We are raised in Christian countries, our ethics are based on Christian ideals, we know about Christianity.
jonsi wrote:I just think that everybody should just try to be kind to eachother and try to understand them.
YES. Understanding and tolerance are two of my highest regarded values.
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Henkjan wrote:
niN wrote:
well.. I'm lost, you said that the bible have a thing against homosexualls and then you said you don't, thats disagreeing to me...
it doesn't say you have to be AGAINST homosexual and that i should go into a gay bar and kill everyone i see in there.
ok, before (long time ago in this thread) I asked you if the bible have got anything against homosexualls and you said yes, i don't know but i must have misunderstood you...
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

K going back to that church topic you guys were talking about there are some bad churches out there and further more very bad priests and pastures. They've lost there way and feel that they are higher then the law or anyone else around them. You always hear about the bad apples but there are very many good pastures and priests that are amazing people very nice and have done unselfish and kind things that i could only imagine doing. Going back to pesten's comment about telling Henkjan that he was afraid to take life into his own hands i disagree with that. I don't know Henkjan personaly but he sounds like a guy that puts a lot of faith in god and is doing what he feels he needs to do. Doesn't mean he's scared of life of anything. I trust in god for answers and to help me and I feel that he has. As far as destiny is concerned i think odviously you have control of your own life but god can help you through it.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

niN wrote:
Henkjan wrote:
niN wrote:
ok, before (long time ago in this thread) I asked you if the bible have got anything against homosexualls and you said yes, i don't know but i must have misunderstood you...
you are not very smart are you? the bible is against homosexual, yes.
i am not the bible. the bible doesn't say i have to be against homosexual. it just says that the bibel is against homosexual.
as a kid i once asked my friend, do you believe in santa? he said no. i asked do you believe in God? he said yes. we were 10. if you ask any kid that age if he believes in God i bet he will say yes.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

when i were 10, i knew maybe 1 christian, and atleast 15 moslims that belived in god.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i can't remember anything from when i was 10.
only the bad things.. and only things that somehow stayed in my head
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Why it doesn't matter to tell us to seek God and Christianity:

Eph.2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

So, faith is given to us by God and we cannot ourselves try and seek it without him giving it to us.
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

tj. 1:1 And thus thy struggle was ended by ending the discussion.
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

Austin 3:16 I just whipped your ass
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

say what you want. i am not changing my goal in life nor my believe.
my girlfriend broke up with me today, after a 5 months relation.
too bad.. but life go's on, and you never know what God gives you.
i stand strong. and i know my future is allright.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

why Henkjan if drugs are a sin, did YOUR god put them on this planet to begin with, or did he just fuck up somewhere? if he has all this power couldnt he take them away?
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Ky.Jelly wrote:why Henkjan if drugs are a sin, did YOUR god put them on this planet to begin with, or did he just fuck up somewhere? if he has all this power couldnt he take them away?
I think the answer would be something like: He put them here to tempt Man, but Man, using the power of his will and his faith, refuses to act on that temptation. Or maybe the Devil put them here.
Rules | FAQ
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Henkjan wrote:say what you want. i am not changing my goal in life nor my believe.
Has anyone told you to change your belief? I haven't noticed that, but if anyone has, then that's stupid. However, you are in many ways telling us to change our beliefs, and that's not a bit better.
Henkjan wrote:my girlfriend broke up with me today, after a 5 months relation.
Sorry to hear that.. but good that you feel life goes on.
Rules | FAQ
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

SveinR wrote:
Henkjan wrote:say what you want. i am not changing my goal in life nor my believe.
Has anyone told you to change your belief? I haven't noticed that, but if anyone has, then that's stupid. However, you are in many ways telling us to change our beliefs, and that's not a bit better.
I agree with SveinR.... that's what most of the religous persons do... Don't know how your contries are... but where im from "Faroe Islands"... there are alot of christians... And it's kinda getting on my neck :? ... Some of my friends have been going.. "Don't do this... don't do that... I wouldn't do it cuz then i'd burn in hell..." etc.etc.

No erotic movies on the telly... cuz of a MEGA ULTRA christian person in the politics... also some songs have been banned on the radio. :S

And this one family... very religous parrents... some times i've seen them watching some movie on the telly... watched the whole movie... only some 10 mins left.... Then some erotic scene comes.... and *pufff* the telly is turned off...

The life i'm living I can't see much fun in being this serious religous.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

I believe in aliens.
I will show you my videos of alien sightings, you show me your ones of gawd
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

i know zworqys avatar is ugliest there ever is/has been on lauta.And believe 99.99% agree with me.im in the religion of zworqy...opposite of teh grass is always greener at teh other levpack.i believe in teh next person is uglier tahn teh previous and im teh most beautiful creature on this planet.Im not forcing yuo to follow my religion :\ just do or yuo sakk balle.
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

Xiphias wrote:
SveinR wrote:
I agree with SveinR.... that's what most of the religous persons do... Don't know how your contries are... but where im from "Faroe Islands"... there are alot of christians... And it's kinda getting on my neck :? ... Some of my friends have been going.. "Don't do this... don't do that... I wouldn't do it cuz then i'd burn in hell..." etc.etc.

No erotic movies on the telly... cuz of a MEGA ULTRA christian person in the politics... also some songs have been banned on the radio. :S

And this one family... very religous parrents... some times i've seen them watching some movie on the telly... watched the whole movie... only some 10 mins left.... Then some erotic scene comes.... and *pufff* the telly is turned off...

The life i'm living I can't see much fun in being this serious religous.
every religion person would turn it off, and what's the fun of watching this with a bunch of people :S (i wouldnd do it alone or with some people). though i used to do it.. befor i discovered it was a sin..
then i tried to quit.. i was like addicted :(. that's two sins.. you can't have any addictions and you can't watch erotica.
and maybe your friends are not doing it from fear, maybe they just want you with them in heaven?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

SveinR wrote:
Henkjan wrote:my girlfriend broke up with me today, after a 5 months relation.
Sorry to hear that.. but good that you feel life goes on.
who did i tell to change their believe?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Henkjan wrote: who did i tell to change their believe?
I didn't say you have told anyone directly, but "in many ways", you have.
Henkjan wrote:and god does axist. though you may not believe it, why not? what if you die and you stand infront of god and you can't explain how sorry you are for not believing, why not give it a try? god loves you. he gave his son for you.
people all think church is boring.. but it's not. it's not if you believe. when i think about what god has done for me i get tears in my eyes (tears of happyness). and i thank him. why not give it a try?
as an example..
Rules | FAQ
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Henkjan can't you see your belief is FALSE and based entirely upon FEAR and COWARDICE??

Your arguments for believing in god centred around the fear of going to Hell. You want to get on god's good side just in case he does exist, not because it brings you enlightenment or happiness or any other utopia. But you hate knowing that you're a coward so you put up a huge fanatical front to make people think you're just a wacko, instead of a pussy.

And even more significantly you forget the ultimate logical axiom: the burden of truth lies with the THEISTS, not the ATHEISTS. If I make an assertion in life, such as "All rain is poisonous", it is up to me to prove that statement, not for everybody else to disprove it. Faith in god isn't something that should be accepted, it is something that should be questioned.

You know in your head that everything I've said above is true. I hope that someday you grow some balls and live your own life.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

sierra wrote:Henkjan can't you see your belief is FALSE and based entirely upon FEAR and COWARDICE??

Your arguments for believing in god centred around the fear of going to Hell. You want to get on god's good side just in case he does exist, not because it brings you enlightenment or happiness or any other utopia. But you hate knowing that you're a coward so you put up a huge fanatical front to make people think you're just a wacko, instead of a pussy.

And even more significantly you forget the ultimate logical axiom: the burden of truth lies with the THEISTS, not the ATHEISTS. If I make an assertion in life, such as "All rain is poisonous", it is up to me to prove that statement, not for everybody else to disprove it. Faith in god isn't something that should be accepted, it is something that should be questioned.

You know in your head that everything I've said above is true. I hope that someday you grow some balls and live your own life.
no i can't see that. i believed in god befor i knew anything about him. so that can't be fear, i just believed there was a god.
and what do you mean, a coward? afraid of what? i am not afraid of anything
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

hmm, 5 months isn't much, breaking up after some 5 years is much worse:/
btw. don't you think that if God makes you're future himself, it would be boring for him?
[carebox]
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

milagros wrote:
hmm, 5 months isn't much, breaking up after some 5 years is much worse:/
btw. don't you think that if God makes you're future himself, it would be boring for him?
boring? what kind of a question is that. God doesn't care if he is bored.. i don't even know if he can be bored. he is the creater of all things, in my eyes. and i don't think that God makes your future..
and my girflfriend and me are back together :D
i just know my future is allright, God's mercy is eanoth for me. i just have to believe in God's love.. and pud my trust in him. then it will be allright
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

What do you exactly get in exhange for believing and praying every day for God?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i don't need anything in exhange. but i get his love, and he helps me.
and i'm sure i will go to heaven. and He has changed my life..
when i started to believe and started to pray and stuff my life changed..
i became a diffrend person. and i'm still changing
simon_labroue

I agree with sierra

Post by simon_labroue »

you partly doing this because you don't wanna go to hell

when you say "he loves me" you say "I will go in heaven"
if "he hates you", then you go to hell

what do you prefer? heaven
what do you fear? nothing (bullshit!)
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

Henkjan wrote: i believed in god befor i knew anything about him
it's worse that I thought
do you often believe blindly in something, like that...? did you got any good reasons?
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

i am 16. i was 10 at that age..
why is everyone asking my these complicated things.. why won't you just go to a preacher and ask em those things.
just let me live my life.. no one will ever make me change my mind so everyone can just stop trying cause i will do the same.
i just came here to testify and to answer questions if anyone has them, i didn't want anyone to flame me and pm me that i'm a loser when the only things they know about me is what i have said in this thread. i am not calling anyone stupid you guys are just humans and so am i.
i am nothing more, i am just a human with a believe.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If you come here to inform us about god then you should be aware of it that complex questions can be asked.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Re: are you a christian?

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Henkjan wrote:people all think church is boring.. but it's not. it's not if you believe.
If you talk about the material church ( the temple and the priest always repeating the same blabla ), you are wrong... it is deadly boring. I'm a believer and trust me, it is boring to hear the same dialogue ( or monologue ) over and over again. But if you talk about the spiritual Church, i have to agree with you, everything about christianism is good and is above all.

Yet, i'm sad that i haven't been to church for 3 years ( more or less ). It's not a question of belief in christianism but a question of my belief in those priest. The christian community has decreased a lot ( in Quebec, Canada ). As a proof, the government just withdrew religion classes in schools to substitute them to knowledge of religions around the world. They no longer teach christianism in our schools wich i find profoundly sad.

I would really appreciate the religious community in our city, or even in our country to take back the power they had 40 years ago, where true values circulated in the community.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Henkjan
Kuski

Post by Henkjan »

no i am not talking about that church.
i go to a church where you sing alot and have alot of diffrend kind of.. how do you call that? diffrend kind of things we do..
like one time we sing alot, we even have shows.. and a band..
and other times the preachers tells us something and explains alot.
but he allways does something diffrend..
last time he preached about relationships, very interesting.
offcourse, sometimes he tells something he told befor.
but not everyone has seen or heard that yet, so it's good to say things twice