fucking shit... state.... fuck...

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

fucking shit... state.... fuck...

Post by niN »

Hi...
I was making a level in ale and I wanted to see what happened if you opened the state.dat file in ale. so i did it and it said: "Not a level file!"
so I thought: "ok." and carried on with my business. Then a couple of mins later I wanted to make a new level in ale, so I opened ale, did the level and pressed "Play". Elma started and it all turned green. I thought: "what the hell?!" I tried again, the same result... I then realized that i must have saved the level as a .dat file. So i tried to rename the level. And indeed I had saved the level as a .dat file, only not in the Lev folder :oops:. I had replaced my state.dat file with a level... all my times... Gone...

So my question is: Is the state.dat file located somewhere else than in the elma folder? I mean has my computer made a copy or something? I know this may sound stupid but I've heard that the computer makes copies of everything and puts it away. Is there anyway to get to my state file?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Well you can get it from Abula if you've sent in to Records before..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

no I havn't sent in before. Is it true that the computer makes a copy of everything?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

lol, normal ppl have about 10 backups of their state.dat i think ^^ at least i have^^
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

state.dat can also be created from scratch file if you have your times (stats.txt) and replays stored. That action has been used only a few times because it's very annoying work for me.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

maybe try some File Recovery program... but don't know if it would work on a file u have replaced.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Abula wrote:state.dat can also be created from scratch file if you have your times (stats.txt) and replays stored. That action has been used only a few times because it's very annoying work for me.
I'm afraid i don't understand, Could you explain as if you would explain for a very low-intelligented creature =P.
Otherwise thanks for helping everyone =)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

heah nin, abula used the easiest words possible...

if u have the stats.txt from the lost state and also ur replays (to prove ur times) then abula can put together a new state for u, although as he said its max annoying work for him
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

ooh. ok I understand. How annoing is this? I mean If it is very annoing then nevermind =) Internals aren't that important to me, besides I've got a state file that is a couple of months old on my other comp. I can use that if there is no other way to get my old one back.
+ I'm not sure but I think my stats.txt is also messed up.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

don't care, internals are not important :(
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

Samir wrote:don't care, internals are not important :(
it's easier to cheat in externals, right? :?
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

it's the same ease, btw i dont cheat
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

that stats.txt->state.dat was made by me but infected said that it imported properly only after he drove some times, it got fucked up... i don't know, maybe i forgot to update no of records somewhere, it was some ez fast prog without much testing
[carebox]