Mini-Movies

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Kestas
Kuski

Mini-Movies

Post by Kestas »

got some creativity spirit in you and feel like in the mood of trying out some video editing tools ? then go ahead and post it here by showing it to others as well!
there wasnt been much of elma movies and i hope that this thread will encourage some of the community to try it out and make some short videos of their own by posting them here. :)

was bored right now so made this 2.25 min mini-movie of Kos1081.lev driven by Markku on #battle -->

Download Mini-Movie #01
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

Nice kestas :).

This is one I made some months ago:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... AD79A7DDAE

It's a Markku rec on HP001.lev. It was supposed to be a hard pipe, but he finished it on his first try...

The file is only 12MB and 1 min long.

Here is the level: http://zworqy.com/up/files/HP001.lev
Here is the rec: http://zworqy.com/up/files/hp001M.rec
belele
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

how come you didn't post it before? it's great! I liked it.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

there are coming mini-movie of R25.rec ;)
Seize the day
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

Download Mini-Movie #02 1.00 min (10MB)

here's a new one with Raven revealing his pwnage at preca :wink:
i'm sorry but it should be lagging for some of you with low processors at some parts. ..., but is anyone watching these mini-movies?
Last edited by Kestas on 21 Jun 2006, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

watching? what are you talking about
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The movies are quite good but, all recent elma-related movies are similar...

They all have comparable elements such as :
- Big beat music
- Effects on the image ( such a some kinda waves in the screen or others )
- Zooms
- Flashy intros

I would love to see some different approach to elma in movies. Such as what i think Elma Crime is ( never seen it ... ). I would like to see the real kuskis, i would love to see some keyboard breaking, you know, REAL elma !

But still, the movies are very good. And i like that jonsterion put some rap instead of hardcore ( or however you call that music )
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hah, hardcore. But I get what you mean. It's just that I don't like rap music myself that I will just disagree with you about the music.

You know what I truly liked? John's motorcycle trial clip. :)
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

The_BoneLESS wrote:The movies are quite good but, all recent elma-related movies are similar...
yes but what do you expect from such a simple 2D game ? making these kind of movies is the hardest challenge for video editors since you mostly cant do anything with it as you could do with some 3D games. lets take Q3 or CS, i'm not gonna explain the details, but those who have seen such movies will understand how big difference of such music videos are and will understand that you just cant compare 2D to 3D.
They all have comparable elements such as :
- Big beat music
well yeah.. do you prefer some back street boys in the background instead or some "my hump" maybe ? music in such videos should be describing the genre of the game and presenting the real context of it. in some violent games like Q3 or CS you will never see a music video of some crappy pop playing in the background unless the movie maker is retard. now that's where hardcore music come. you call this drum & base musics a hardcore? cmon it's funny. such fast beat music is perfect for games where you're fighting for a time like in Colin McRae, Trackmania, etc and elma of course.
- Effects on the image ( such a some kinda waves in the screen or others )
- Zooms
- Flashy intros
would you prefer some camera rotates and catchups for a next movie ? yeah some camera angle from above coming up soon for next. no, seriously there's not much left to do what ppl havent seen yet. i've used up all the possibilitys of special effects in external ways to be straight. no matter what you would do it would still look boring a bit watching elma related movies becouse you have no possibilitys of playing with camera then just zooming..
I would love to see some different approach to elma in movies.
mmk, give suggestions, and i mean real suggestions.

thx for commenting no matter it's good or bad. i have a feeling none even bothering to watch these and i dont feel like making more :?
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

This one is not as good as the first one kestas. I didn´t like the intro at all. :?
And there are many new things to do in elma movies, just use your imagination.
belele
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Well Kestas, for the music choice, i'm not telling you to put some pop nor rap music. You could use some very urban music ( like Coldcut, Mr Scruff, Dj Food, etc.. ). I've never seen elma movies with rock music, would be very nice to see a kuski riding on some Metallica !

When i was talking about effects, it's not that i want some more effects, i'm just stating that all effects used are quite the same. One effect i found interesting was the zoom- in jonsterion's movie ending.

For suggestions...

- I'm sure it's been suggested before, or maybe even done but, i would love to see a series of movies " A day in the life of ... ". See the guy, in real life wake up, eat breakfast, go play elma, see his environment, what he does for a living. ( not a 24 hour movie but, short clips of every part of his day ). Would be interesting to see the difference between guys like Tor, Xiph and tijs for example...

- Globally, i would love to see some mix of real life and elma playing in a movie. I think it would be pretty interesting...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

you should watch Elma Crime ;)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

BoneLESS, I'm not trying to completely disagree with you but let me introduce to you this one single fact: skint0r's movie had metallica in it. :wink:

As for your ideas, well ofcourse, that sounds nice. Nice and a bit unrealistic.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

what's utopian in this?

btw I think these effects are nice. the old-style movie and shaking of the screen, jonsta's zooms, slowmotions, sun-lighted scenes (in external ways), and the such. I think that I didn't like the mini-movie #1, but keep up the good work, as I like most of 'em!
Last edited by simon_labroue on 24 Jun 2006, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

simon_labroue wrote:what's utopian in this?
I never used that word nor implied it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Just a personal preference of course, but I don't like those effects at all. They just distract from whatever's happening in the movie, plus I think they look tacky. Reminds me of people who when they first get photoshop add lens flares to every picture they make.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

I edited my last post, so now it makes more sense.

P.S.: I used the word 'utopian' to mean 'unrealistic'
or perhaps I just meant 'unpractical'
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Made a little trailer for my upcoming level pack.

Download here. (22.1 mb and 1 minute 34 seconds)
donciux
Kuski

Post by donciux »

To kestas: pavarai seni gerai cia sugalvojai su tais klipais :p gal kada pamokytum kokiu triuku elma? beto is kokio tu miesto? bet mintis afigena bet kaip ten kazkuris sake jega butu jei nufilmuotum tokio zmogaus diena kaip ir.... bet is esmes viskas puiku.

To everybody: This rulz, i love the idea
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

doncuiz; only english allowed on this forum (except in PMs, of course).
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
donciux
Kuski

Post by donciux »

SveinR wrote:doncuiz; only english allowed on this forum (except in PMs, of course).
srry my bad :oops: