suicidal

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

suicidal

Post by Kopaka »

is anyone else?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

are you? 8O
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Last edited by Boomer on 5 Apr 2016, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

you guys are scary
TT ~ 50:42
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

can't say i am atm... but surely have had the thoughts on and off.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
donciux
Kuski

Post by donciux »

No because that's not leet... anyways i'm scared of some ppl ovehere.... what whould be a matter of suicide? for me - if all people would die i coundt walk or use my hands, even then i would't suicide... dude.... not 1337....
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

yeh completely agree with donce. this is so stupid and lame for ppl to even think of such acts. i would never think of it even if i'll screw my life complitely , lose all my friend, split up with my family.. i will never do such a horrible act. life is priceless and we will only once. transmigration is just something ppl made up to escape from the fear
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Kestas wrote:... i would never think of it even if i'll screw my life complitely , lose all my friend, split up with my family.. i will never do such a horrible act...
Not sure about you'd be very happy if all those things heppened to you. But still yeah it's a stupid thought.. But it has it's reasons.. :(
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

It is very ignorant of you to dismiss suicidal people's thought as stupid, you know you would never commit suicide because you know that life is worth living, but when you are unhappy and depressed, you don't think life is worth living. And if you lost everyone you knew and cared about I bet you would think about suicide.

Don't get me wrong here, i'm not trying to convince anyone to commit suicide. Instead of calling them stupid you should help them relise life is really worth living.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

///
Last edited by Lee on 5 Apr 2016, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

ehm... NEVERMIND!
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

emo's and fjortizar is what you are
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

i kill myself frequently, but usually resurrects few minutes after so its np.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

get out of my penis Napoleon
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Sean Kingston- Beautiful Girls
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Lee
37mins club

Re: suicidal

Post by Lee »

Getting there.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

so much can go wrong and then you end up even more fucked and possibly so fucked you cant try again and are a big burden to everyone.
Last edited by Sunshine on 21 Nov 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Nowadays I'm having a very good period of my life, everything goes right, etc.
But, I decided for myself when I was 15 or so that the only way that I'm dying is suicide as it allows you to complete all your to-dos, say goodbye to people worth it, delete all the unnecessary data (like social media, for example), and so much more.
Earlier, when I was in quite depressive period, I thought that it will happen at about 40 years old but after I had a long discussion with a few 40+ old mans, I realised that they aren't that old and thus I increased the appropriate suicide age to about 50 at the moment.
Senility is the worst thing and I'm afraid of it. My current job implies talks with very old citizens (80+) and I would NEVER wish anyone to be in such state of health.
Image Image
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

When you are 50, you'll realise you're not that old and put it off for another 10 years. You'll keep putting it off and eventually you'll get senile and you'll be happy about it.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Lee how come?
God Bless America
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

MRW I saw who made this topic.. 8O

Not sure what prompted it, but fairly sure it wasn't meant in the literal sense. Hope it's the same for anyone else.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

Madness wrote:When you are 50, you'll realise you're not that old and put it off for another 10 years. You'll keep putting it off and eventually you'll get senile and you'll be happy about it.
I absolutely allow myself to change this with time, that cannot be avoided for any person imo. But, trust me, i won't be happy to be 80 years old human parody with the bouquet of pathological diseases, and you bet that 90% of 80 years old ones are this type.
Image Image
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

It sure sounds kinda attractive. Just do it and you'll never have to experience any kind of pain anymore. No problems, no worries ever again.

I'll probably never do it because I feel like I see enough fun things in life, so might as well experience them as much as possible instead of dying quickly. Also it's just too sad to imagine my relatives and friends finding out about my death. And also because I don't really have the balls to do it anyway imo.

I think if suicide was completely legal and as easy as pushing a button on the computer, a lot of people would do it.

I've heard the "I'll kill myself before I become a pathetic old man" thing a few times before. Is it actually a popular reason? People usually leave suicide notes, have you ever heard of a suicide note like this?
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

When I'm an old man, I will play video games and watch baseball. Pretty much like now, ahah.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

gimp wrote:Lee how come?
I've had no friends since the beginning of 2003.
Here's a graph I made to illustrate this (I was bored).
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

seems to me that you need to re-enroll into primary school
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Not even on the internet? I have no friends IRL but I managed to find a guy on the web who's on the same wavelength and now I feel comfortable talking to him about almost anything. During our first serious talk when we started expressing our "true feelings" about the world and life I was like woooow, this is so refreshing to finally be able to talk about all that stuff. I felt like a rush going through my entire body, it was such an emotional moment for me. I guess it was kind of an accident that we got to know each other and I was really lucky. But I guess you can seriously increase chances of that happening by actively trying to get to know new people if you feel the strength to do so.

No idea if advice can really help in such situations. From my experience, when I'm in a really bad mood and people try to cheer me up, usually it just makes everything worse, these "happy" bastards from another world seem to become more and more annoying, etc.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Lee wrote:Getting there.
I suggest visiting a psychiatrist. Find one with good reputation and recommendations. It's not a shame going to a psychiatrist. Half of my family visits them.
Despite general aversion to psychiatrists, they are professionals and the medicine they give you will help. They helped my family members greatly.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Vermin Supreme wrote:seems to me that you need to re-enroll into primary school
Rofl.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Tigro wrote:
Lee wrote:Getting there.
I suggest visiting a psychiatrist. Find one with good reputation and recommendations. It's not a shame going to a psychiatrist. Half of my family visits them.
Despite general aversion to psychiatrists, they are professionals and the medicine they give you will help. They helped my family members greatly.
Really? A psychiatrist?
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

kuchitsu wrote:But I guess you can seriously increase chances of that happening by actively trying to get to know new people if you feel the strength to do so.
Impsy when age is over college age IMO.

Also I have personal statistic over "got new friend" achievement while influenced by alcohol: 0
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

Feeling suicidal? Travel so hard you wear off your new pair of shoes. After that try deciding on your life again.

Guy above obviously wanted to recommend psychologist.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Psychologist... I dunno, the idea of meeting someone for the first time and immediately telling them about my deepest feelings sounds very weird. I think it would be quite difficult for a psychologist to earn my trust. Well, I guess they have some special tricks for that.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

kuchitsu wrote:Psychologist... I dunno, the idea of meeting someone for the first time and immediately telling them about my deepest feelings sounds very weird. I think it would be quite difficult for a psychologist to earn my trust. Well, I guess they have some special tricks for that.
But they are experts, they will manage almost anyone I bet, even if you have a high wall of defense inside of you, some people will take more time I guess to be able to share. I'm pretty open.
Lee I would also recommend a psychiatrist.
I barely have any friends too, I have my gf which I spend most of my time with, and I meet a few friends now and then on parties and other activities, but not so often.
Other friends I have had moved away to other cities, but I do have some communication going with them from time to time at least. I don't feel lonely, my happiness level is quite high.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

one vote for travel
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

kuchitsu wrote:Psychologist... I dunno, the idea of meeting someone for the first time and immediately telling them about my deepest feelings sounds very weird. I think it would be quite difficult for a psychologist to earn my trust. Well, I guess they have some special tricks for that.
This is ecactly what I was talking about when i said people have aversion.

And I mean psychiatrist, not psychologist. Know the difference.
Tm
35mins club

Post by Tm »

Oh, as a psychologist myself I know the difference. There's no need for psychiatrist; more like there's no need for their medicine, believe me. ;)
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Tm is psychologist? That is cool! but maybe you have a bias? Anyways, I will be your friend Lee, Zweq and I are friends too now based on informal agreement.
God Bless America
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Some mans here are saying psychiatrists or psychologists definitely WILL help, but most people I've talked to have had the opposite experience. The effectiveness of talking to a professional mostly depends on yourself. You need to know what's relevant to the problem, and then you need to be able to talk about it, and the psychologist is there to listen.

As for drugs, I feel like most of them are throwing shit on a wall and seeing what sticks. There's a variety of antidepressants but they're mostly not prescribed for specific effects. They just know that the drugs are known to have coincided with some people's depression getting easier, so they will try each of them in turn and see if one of them happens to help. That's not to say they're not worth trying, because they do help some people.

I'm only saying this because if you believe these professionals have some "tricks up their sleeve" as mentioned above, and if it turns out to be untrue, then you might feel like a totally lost cause. No, they're not magicians, and no, antidepressants are not magic.

That being said, many people are cured of depression. There's just obviously no universal trick that will do it. It's pretty cool that you took this step of telling someone.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

In secondary school the school nurse ordered me to go to a psychologist because she was "worried about me". I went, and everything just totally rubbed me the wrong way. Warm pastel coloured room and furniture, man with a wool sweater soothingly talking as if he knew me etc. It's like kuchitsu said: it just doesn't feel right at all to talk about my business to someone who doesn't know me at all. Of course I could tell about stuff, but it just isn't the same, he wasn't there.

I haven't tried meds though I'd like to. It just seems too big a step to go to someone like "I'm so fucked up that I need pills, give me prescription". I'd get even more upset if I went and opened up and wouldn't even get the prescription, like it was all in vain.

Anyway, I love my dad's expression "things tend to get better". I've come to accept that sometimes there are rough periods, and after them come the nice periods. During the darker periods (which it seems I'm falling into now again) I tend to think about suicide. I wouldn't really say consider, but think. Or well, sometimes I have to hurry away from having a cig in the balcony because I'm afraid I might jump.

What I've noticed is that there are at least two things that help: doing something contributive to others, and breaking your routines. For the latter, traveling seems like a great choice. I haven't been able to do that myself but I would so love to. With the contribution thing, when I get something nice done for others, I kinda get the feeling of "I have some more to give. Even if I'm not happy, I can make others happy, which kinda makes me happy".
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Tm
35mins club

Post by Tm »

gimp wrote:Tm is psychologist? That is cool! but maybe you have a bias? Anyways, I will be your friend Lee, Zweq and I are friends too now based on informal agreement.
I also never said there's a need for psychologist. Sometimes better off without them also, no question.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

im very against medicine except the obvious good stuff like antibiotics and some vaccines, but last autumn my hypochondriasis panic (this time i was 100% sure i had cancer) got so bad i couldnt sleep at all and then the thoughts started revolving around the imposible sleep and health fears. After not sleeping for 3 nights in a row i had to go doctorman first time, took me 4 years of on&off panic to finally do it, i got tons of blood tests and whatnot but nothing was found and also goted some sleping aids. I think the sleping aids helped me for a time, but ofc it didnt ficks the main problem, which im still trying to find today. After stronger sleping aids doctor gaved weaker sleping aids, but they didnt realy get me anywhere, i might sleap 5h a night but problems persisted. At some point i just said to dogtor oke medicine doesnt work i quit it. then i slept some 2h a night for a wek and then went beging for stronger meds and goted them, im still using them but i have slowly reduced dose over time to 1/20 of original. one pill lasts 15 days now and im sleeping very well, but i need to take sometime before bed like a ritual, quite psychological stuf. point in story? i donno maybe that soometimes in critical situation medicin is oke, but then not oke oke
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Medical science has never been so far as it is nowadays, and people still doubt about usefulness of medicine. Why?
(because people like Shkrieli etc.?)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Asking for pills or perhaps even just going to a psychologist is kind of like admitting defeat, admitting that your mind is already in such a fucked up state that you can't fix it just by thinking more positively. It's a bit scary to think that you absolutely need outside help. Like... What if they look at you and say "yes, you definitely have depression". It would be kind of a devastating thing to hear imo. So far I prefer trying to become happier by myself, and I feel like maybe in the last few years I've learned to appreciate life a bit more, although it's hard to compare based on memories alone. I definitely agree that breaking your routines can be great for this. I can't experience anything big like a travel, but even small things like going to a classical concert for the first time in my life help a lot sometimes, they allow me to look at life in some new interesting ways, make it seem less one-dimensional or something.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

kuchitsu wrote:Asking for pills or perhaps even just going to a psychologist is kind of like admitting defeat, admitting that your mind is already in such a fucked up state that you can't fix it just by thinking more positively.
So far I prefer trying to become happier by myself, and I feel like maybe in the last few years.
I will try to convince my diabetic friend to stop being diabetic. Will share results.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Obviously very different things. Kinda hard to believe that depression is caused by chemical processes that can be changed by adding even more chemicals to the mix. Feels like you can fix stuff just by reexamining your thoughts and putting everything in the right place. Even if doctors say differently. I dunno.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

kuchitsu wrote:Obviously very different things. Kinda hard to believe that depression is caused by chemical processes
It's not obvious.
And the second sentence made you look really stupid.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Tigro wrote:Medical science has never been so far as it is nowadays, and people still doubt about usefulness of medicine. Why?
(because people like Shkrieli etc.?)
"Better than before" obv doesn't mean "good".

Comparing depression to diabetes doesn't make much sense. Human mind is a much bigger mystery than the rest of the body.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Lousku wrote:"Better than before" obv doesn't mean "good".

Comparing depression to diabetes doesn't make much sense. Human mind is a much bigger mystery than the rest of the body.
The earth is flat.
Human race has never been on the Moon.
Airplanes spray poison in the sky.
Vaccines cause autism.
Doctors sell us bad medicine intentionally.

That's how it sounds.
Depression is a disease. In many cases it is treatable by medicne, similar to taking insulin with diabetes. If you are suffering from it, and think you can just "force yourself not to", you are most likely bound to fail. Which eventually results in premature death.