share with you a famous Hong Kong video clip "Bus Uncle

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

In your opinion, how did Elvis act? (the younger man)

Very well
10%
good
50%
satisfactory
30%
poor
10%

Total votes: 10

benson
Kuski

share with you a famous Hong Kong video clip "Bus Uncle

Post by benson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSHziqJWYcM
an incident happened already a year ago. Just wanna share with you.. Hong Kong Culture...?

wikipedia wrote: "The Bus Uncle" (Chinese: 巴士阿叔) is a Cantonese video clip of an argument between an old man and a young bespecled man aboard a bus in Hong Kong on April 27, 2006.

Having attracted some 1.7 million hits in the first 3 weeks in May 2006 alone, the clip became one of YouTube's most viewed items in that month.

Its copious use of profanity and rhetorical outbursts attracted the attention of media around the world. Not only did the video become a cultural sensation in Hong Kong, it also inspired vigourous debate and discussion on lifestyle, etiquette and media ethics in the city.
(quoted from wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_uncle)

"It isn't settled."
" I am stressed, you are stressed, why did you provoke me?"
These become popular catch phrases in Hong Kong suddenly.

What do you think about the Elvis's act? (the younger man)
Hoping Elma can spread in Hong Kong... but... nearly impossible
[JAB] TT: 53:57:14...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I must say that the older man's exaggerating like hell. Then again, the elvis should had been more polite and swift with an apology. So in the whole run, the young man's behaving as well as he could without having it escalated into a fight.

Kinda weird incident. :?
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

That kid is the master of restraint.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wow that's some patience, or he simply was too confused about the yelling. I wouldnt be able to stand that kind of yelling about nothing for a sec, then again there's big difference in cultures
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, the first 30 seconds I would act the same, and after that I would just leave, I don't like fights with unfamiliar people.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I would have tried to apologise in the beginning rather quickly just to end it, but if he had continued i would sooner or later have punched him in the face :/
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

i woulda spit on his fuckin hand i think
overall this video sux hard not worth seeing
Last edited by wjelo on 10 Apr 2007, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

i think he did it good. younger ppl should always respect older ppl no matter how dumb can they be, with a certain way of course that is. it was quite interesting to watch the argue and ake a look at different cultures but that psycho uncle went way too far when he started offending elvis mother and talking crap like that. politeness have nothing to do now when you fall into a situation like that if you cant stand agains your family members. that guy should have pat on uncles head right when he sait it. nevertheless he really did good in overall. highly doubt any of us would be this patient and polite enough to last 5 minutes without hitting him or kicking his ass out of a bus.