New cheating wave

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Vaitork
Kuski

Post by Vaitork »

1. They didn't beat the system, Abula & company got them... 8)

2. (Taking my own nation, Venezuela's example) If u get rid of ur president BUT u leave the rest of his group on power, u still got a shitty gov's situation on ur hands... Take EVERYONE down or the system won't EVER be cleaner than this... :evil:

3. Denzel Washington died on that movie :twisted:

Got it? :wink: (Venezuelan opinion:P)
Not dead yet...
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

CAHLAIICNES wrote: "If they can beat the system, they deserve to be free." ... That's my USA opinion.
I dont wanna belive that americans have less brain than others... but wtf is this!?

please tell me you were kidding... but I just cant see any sarcasm in it 8O
Elasto Mania - ez better
CAHLAIICNES
Kuski

Post by CAHLAIICNES »

I'm just saying is that if they cheated on like WR table 60 or something, who cares anymore? I'd say don't let them send any more WRs, but don't bother removing old ones. Who cares about what happened on WR table 60 anyways? It's just giving Abula and Pexi much more work to do over such a useless problem. My idea is just don't allow these people to send recs anymore, unless it is someone whose slate is relatively clean, like Karlis or Jokke or Zynitfox. They have no previous faults, plus they are part of the core group of people who made Elastomania what it is today, so I don't think they should be punished too harshly. Guys like mrickx, totalnewbie, Weird-AAL/EML/Nostrada or whatever should be punished harshly just because most of their accomplishments were cheated.

PS. Even though Denzel Washington died, he was still one bad-ass motha in that movie.
Reality is an illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol.
46:31.86
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

CAHLAIICNES wrote:Who cares about what happened on WR table 60 anyways?
I suppose the one who takes WR on table 60 because of the erased cheat-WR is pretty interested in removing the cheat WR...

At least I like to look at old tables, maybe there are others, too.
the weed fan club
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

I look at the old tables too .. I would like to look at the correct old table...
Proud Member Of RDK
Flatley
Kuski

Post by Flatley »

We need Old WR tables. I'd like to see them.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

CAHLAIICNES wrote:...unless it is someone whose slate is relatively clean, like Karlis or Jokke or Zynitfox. They have no previous faults, plus they are part of the core group of people who made Elastomania what it is today...
I dont get you... it´s like saying: Don´t punish ppl who made good. Like.. the president (whoever it may be) can do a few crimes... not a biggy, after all. he made this country (whatever counrty) this big of a success! And that is not acceptable, I dont say how and who should be punished (not for now anyway). And how can you say Zyntis cheat is not much...? His Flat Track wr was cheated 2 hundreds... lets say I cheated warm up 14:05... not a big deal... after all it is a relatively small cheat... huh? You can´t really mean this... I remember when Jeppe beated zynti and zynti said (this is my memory, dont know his exact words): Maybe he statedited it down a few hundreds!!!!
And even if you had a point in what I pasted above (which I btw if you hadn´t guessed, don´t think) who is to decide what cheats are relatively small?

Old wr´s should be fixed if possible, since many ppl (including me) likes to check them. And since Abula will soon get a program that fixes this pretty easy... why shouldnt we remove them? Cause they are broken now? Only reason not to remove them should be: It´s just a game, don´t take it so seriously. But cheaters that made everything for a record (even wr) really took it seriously and many others to... you may think it is stupid to think so high of this game... but the fact remains, ppl do. So removing those are good.
Elasto Mania - ez better
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

ramone wrote:
CAHLAIICNES wrote: "If they can beat the system, they deserve to be free." ... That's my USA opinion.
I dont wanna belive that americans have less brain than others... but wtf is this!?
Actually 11% of Americans between the ages 18-24 cannot point out their own country on a world map. And 39% cannot point out the Pacific Ocean on a world map :lol:
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
CAHLAIICNES
Kuski

Post by CAHLAIICNES »

hahah most americans are really retarded and couldn't point themselves out on a map. what im saying is some people have cheated soooo many times and have made such an impact on how the WR tables look and all that they should no doubt be punished. as for other people that have done it maybe once and it wasnt that big a deal anyways, then who cares. for the people who actually like to look at the old WR tables, i look at them too occasionally, but only like tables 1 and 2. to me i dont really care what happened in the middle of the pack. and for the people who say that id care if my record got broken by a cheat, it would be different if the cheated record hadn't been broken for some time. if i had a record and it was broken by a cheater, but then was broken fairly on the next table, then who cares? it was going to be broken one way or another. i have been playing across since 1999 and elma since it came out (granted im still no good with a TT in the 46s hahah) and i really couldnt care less who has what record when? lets say i had a record from tables 45-60 then on 61 someone broke my record with a cheat, and then someone broke it legitamately on 62. what does that get me now? so my record stood for one more table, who gives a shiat? i just like to see the crazy new styles, like when the new tricks abound style emerged with the alovolt i nearly shitted myself.

welp, peace out for now
Reality is an illusion caused by a shortage of alcohol.
46:31.86
Vaitork
Kuski

Post by Vaitork »

CAHLAIICNES wrote:lets say i had a record from tables 45-60 then on 61 someone broke my record with a cheat, and then someone broke it legitamately on 62. what does that get me now? so my record stood for one more table, who gives a shiat?
Look, I don't really know these guys who break world records all the time (i'm NOT and WON'T be one of them)... but i'm just gonna tell u that IF u wanna break them, you got to study the levels, the strategies, the styles (OLD probably-useful styles) because the COMPETITION requires it! I know that breaking WR is not a piece of cake... and i really doubt that u would stay in that stance of "who gives a shiat"... nooooo mr... you would suffer because u played and played and played until getting the WR. SO if someone (cheating or not) brakes ur WR... :evil: :evil: :evil: and u will play double...

I would say some other stuff but i'm lazy :lol: so see ya...
Not dead yet...
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

there's also sumthng else. Some WR tables become false ,if the old cheated WR's are removed. For instance.. when dmd came up with a new uphill battle style,he drove a WR,but before the table was updated Nostrada beat him. So...there should have been dmd's name on uphill battle. Now there's Nostrada's name,but if the cheated wr's will be erased,it's mengerle's name that comes on that list. Yeh I know,Abula can check his e-mails if dmd also sent his wr that was beaten before the new update,but there are cases ,where someone's new WR was beaten so quickly that he even didn't send it in ,because he knew someone just broke his WR ....etc...

list won't be perfect. I wouldn't care to watch those new old-lists,because they might be false,not interesting at all.
darm
38mins club

hmm

Post by darm »

hmm..
i didnt beat mengerle wr :) check my times onla
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

r there any wr tables that havnt been cheated at some point caus it soundz like that is the shorter list
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

CAHLAIICNES wrote:My idea is just don't allow these people to send recs anymore, unless it is someone whose slate is relatively clean, like Karlis or Jokke or Zynitfox. They have no previous faults, plus they are part of the core group of people who made Elastomania what it is today, so I don't think they should be punished too harshly. Guys like mrickx, totalnewbie, Weird-AAL/EML/Nostrada or whatever should be punished harshly just because most of their accomplishments were cheated.
All players who cheats should be equally punished by removing the cheated WRs, nothing else. Remember, to cheat a player needs to be able to drive just 0.01 - 0.05 worse than the current WR. (Actually, most players probably cheat in pure frustration of not making the final hundreds)
So, cheaters are actually very skilled Elma players (at least on certain levels) and should be allowed to send real WRs if they get any. (But of course replays from them should be checked EXTREMELY thorough)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

zworqy is right, they are skilled kuskis and should be allowed to send in real wr. dont ban them or take away all their wr's....
Proud Member Of RDK
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

bad news.....somebody made undetectable cheat
[carebox]
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

omg, so I will loose my freefall wr soon? :)
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

mrickx didn't drive 0,01-0,05 worse times himself, he used other people's replays.

milagros: making hysteria is always cool, isn't it?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Abula wrote:mrickx didn't drive 0,01-0,05 worse times himself, he used other people's replays.

milagros: making hysteria is always cool, isn't it?
i know pipe was cloud's
[carebox]
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

milagros wrote:bad news.....somebody made undetectable cheat
how the hell do u know if it's undetevtable :lol2: ?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Obviously he made it himself...
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

darm; yeh,I wasn't sure.. but anyway that stuff has happened
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

People who "cheated" in Kinglist won't be added to Blacklist. Actually they didn't cheat (in a meaning how we use this word) anything but lied. They didn't edit .lev files, nor .rec files, just told wrong time. They are liars (BarTek, Uube, Miguel, zo3, paul, freak), but no cheaters. The record times will be fixed. I think only MCHM013 record will change the holder. Marcuz had 8,67 before freak.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Are
Kuski

Post by Are »

I was just wondering, seeing all those 0.01-0.02 cheats (especially in cases were it wouldn't matter to have 0.01 better time)..

How extensively have the program(s) been tested? On how many different computers and setups? I know that elma has different "quirks" on different computers, as for instance on mine it always saves the time 0.01-0.03 worse than what the time showed when I finished the lev. It wouldn't be surprising to me if the opposite happened for others.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Are's got a point...
I hope ur sure that the 0.01 cheat times are really cheats and not just elmatic errors.... that could be bad :cry: ... But on the other hand, ppl would cry out loud if they didnt cheat and the programs said so anyway....
Proud Member Of RDK
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

It's the last glimpse you get of the clock when you finish that's wrong, not the other way around. I assume it's that way at least.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Almost all mistakes and cheats, which the program found, are admitted by the owners (Karlis, mrickx, zo3, freak, Uube, Totalnew, zyntifox etc etc). No one has denied at least. So we can say the program hasn't made any mistakes and we have checked like 4000 replays.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Ok fair enough, was just a thought.... :)
Proud Member Of RDK
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

dunno if ne1 else noticed, but this topic is by far the most popular: most posts, and most views. also this has grown extremely fast, in about three weeks! i'd say gratz to us :lol2:
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

grats to me :D
[carebox]
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

grats to you? this topic wouldn't even exists without us, the cheaters :wink:
Flowertouching Men
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

hmm yep i suppose it's pretty much gratz to u. programmer for the cheat-catching prog and starter of the topic. but never the less, this has been achieved through team work =)!
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i got some mails from some cheaters (mrickx, samu) that wrote that i made a mistake to publish the prog (i'll think about it)
that we're living in a lie (samu said) that nobody is cheating
they said it's quite easy to make undetectable cheat and give it to abula for christmas..i know

only i rather chose the other way..but the others maybe didn't
i can have 20 wrs too
i don't even need to play it
[carebox]
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

karl :))))))

*useless comment, must write something else too*

bad cheating, ye lots of views, way to go mila...HI!1
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

milagros wrote:bad news.....somebody made undetectable cheat
If you cannot detect it, it doesn't mean no one can.
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Ye, milagros the doomsayer :twisted:
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

I'm 18 now ok :]

so have u checked the Wcup replays ?...

and cheating is "low low" ;))))))
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

this is so stupid
i bet it takes months to get internals resumed
blah
oizo
Kuski

so true

Post by oizo »

this is stupid indeed as dz said.
why stop the whole internals updating ?
no point of doing that.
when doing that you kinda saying: "the cheaters beat us"
just keep updating and ban those monster cheaters and check all new replays and things will calm down. and if people uses other cheats, it will not help to stop the internals scene for all players, would it ?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Three main problems:

1) Nostrada is away
2) MGen is away
3) Me and PeXi are lazy

To put them under one problem: Christmas
Flatley
Kuski

Post by Flatley »

Abula wrote:Three main problems:

1) Nostrada is away
2) MGen is away
3) Me and PeXi are lazy

To put them under one problem: Christmas
I think, the one who needs Nostrada's WR on table is not the Elma Scen (=We kuskis), it's Nostrada... if he still wants. If he comments these things, than it means, that he don't need his WRs. If he really wants to see his WRs, then he will beg for those. I say (it will be a bit routh), but ban him. He didn1t contact Us and we won't worship him. Nostrada WRs should be deleted at Christmas (except he contacts us.)

And you guys (as me too), who don't have WRs not updated because of this misery, know the most what it means to WAIT. I've been playing for more than 2 years, and I have my first WR, which is not updated for 4 weeks. OLP records have not been updated for 9 (!) weeks, because of those cheaters. grrrrr :x :evil:
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

yea well, hazding,call nostrada and tell him the situation? Someone who knows mgen can do the same thing. This is a kind of thing that should not be stalled like this.
Flatley
Kuski

Post by Flatley »

onlainari wrote:yea well, hazding,call nostrada and tell him the situation? Someone who knows mgen can do the same thing. This is a kind of thing that should not be stalled like this.
MGen is not away... he is on Hungarian Elma Forum. I can tell him to watch this forum's topic.

Hazding was told to talk to Nostrada weeks ago. Why didn't he do it then?
RealiZer
Kuski

Post by RealiZer »

Hey hey,

I guess everything i say here is said before,
but anyway i say it:

"Cheating isnt actually wrong, its just a shortcut to success"
Thoose words is actually true, but can have diffrent integrities on diffrent
games. On elastomania i think cheating is acceptable if you in "NO WAY" cheat "public". What I mean is that you can cheat for having fun but not to gain status! That is the wrong use of cheating... Cheating is there to add something "more" fun to the game.. Sometimes the cheating is shity, but almost everytime cheating is funny. As long as the public doesnt take part or anything!

Mostly of the cheating here is improving times, i dont actually would have called that cheating because its lying and faking. And the way i mean it cheating is about changing the original. On elma WR list which we have seen most of the peoples have been lying and faking best times to gain status and points! DAMN THEM! And one more question for thoose,

Why cheat? If i had theese great abilities i would have been greatful being on the top10 in the world.. But no way they have to be the nr. 1. !

That my opinion.

-RealiZer
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

I wonder why Nostrada's presence is needed. He has cheated and broken the rules so many times that removing his wrs (and other stuff on moposite) is not a hard desicion to make, with or without hearing him first. Later on you can think about wether to ban him or not (i think removing all his wrs should be enough, if he wants to start playing all over again, it's ok).

And forget that he's a good kuski, that really doesn't matter now.

Also the first-time cheaters should have their cheated wrs removed, and if they do it again, then all their wrs and stuff on moposite. After all there should be punishments, otherwise ppl could send, for example 10 cheated wrs and hope that some of them would pass the inspection, without needing to fear about the consequences of getting caught.
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
RealiZer
Kuski

Post by RealiZer »

Gunos:
I dont think it is right to take away all their old and correct WR'z!
BTW since it now is very hard to cheat that way. I dont see the problem anymore... Abula wil ofcourse have checked all the new WR's before he publish them... Right?

And the old WR's should stand!

The best punishment is just ban him from moposite. The WR table aint OFFICIALLY moposites.. But since its the Moposite Cew updating he wont get any NEW WR's! Ofcourse it is hard to fint out if there is the same guy on another nick.. But thats what weve got spies for right?!

But anyway this is a discussion on meanings....(Taste)

"The taste is like the ass, two parts!"

-RealiZer (rz)
Flatley
Kuski

Post by Flatley »

Every WR made by Cheaters are cheated Wrs, even if they were not made by cheat. So I think, every WR from cheaters should be deleted. And if he can run the Wr again (without cheating), then he deserves to be on the list.
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

imo this talk could stop now. every idea has been gone through three times and it's getting kinda boring.. btw 300th post in this topic!
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

Flatley wrote:Every WR made by Cheaters are cheated Wrs, even if they were not made by cheat. So I think, every WR from cheaters should be deleted. And if he can run the Wr again (without cheating), then he deserves to be on the list.
I don't understand you........why remove cheaters' WRs that are not cheated, I mean....those are still WRs don't you think?
Flowertouching Men
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

karlis is right ! although they may have cheated some wrs.. like karlis... their not-cheated wrs should not be removed because like I wrote earlier :
petsen wrote:
Abula wrote:Yep, it's always possible to cheat but now again it's a bit harder.

mrDJ and AAL got another opportunity but most likely they didn't learn. At least Nostrada will be banned from the Moposite forever if we can be sure he cheated. That's my opinion.
I dont think it will help to ban Nos/aal/dd again he'll just make up a new cool nick and start over...

lets figure out a proper and hard punishment for guys like him instead...

dont start banning ppl, cause the wr table would not be correct either they can still do wrs but are just not allowed to get on the wr table, i would feel funny if i made a wr in fx warmup .. lets say 14.03 and someon told me that nostrada has 14.01 without cheating but just isnt allowed to send it to the wr list, then my wr would NOT be a wr, and then its not fun anymore... :cry:
Proud Member Of RDK