Help Meh?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Triiiangle
Kuski

Help Meh?

Post by Triiiangle »

As you can see I only just joined this site, so im new.. :)

I was wondering, if someone could upload some recs to show how to do all those fancy tricks you see the pros doing. I tryed doing some and I was kind of good, but if someone could post some recs that would really help..

Or if you can suggest some external levels I could use to practice tricks on?

Thanks.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

It's your lucky day!

Moposite has recently released a pack for this exact purpose:

WebPage
Levels
Replays
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Triiiangle
Kuski

Post by Triiiangle »

*Edit* I Tryed All Of Those, But I Still Suck

(I Couldn't Do Like Half Of Them)

And I Read The Thing On The Moposite That Says How Do Do Them
Last edited by Triiiangle on 13 Jul 2007, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Triiiangle wrote:I Tryed / Compleated All Of Those, But I Still Suck Haha :D
if you completed all of those, you can't suck...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yeah, exactly, if you get all the targets on these you should make a good learning curve. These are the best, albeit a bit boring perhaps, but the most efficient anyway.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

I havn't tried these levels yet but pretty much only way to get better is holyaing. First off start with easier styles and then work your way up to the better ones. Thats my advise and there are always old mopo styles out there that are easier to learn on. But ya havn't tried thoes levels so that might be your best bet.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Triiiangle
Kuski

Post by Triiiangle »

After lack of things to do yesterday, I started hoyling. Managed to knock 21 seconds off my TT =]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hoyl much, I mean much, minimum 5h a day. play only if you enjoy it for real. (obsessed wr makers are an exception)

when you have hoyled couple of months you can consider an important thing as throttle when braking

after 1 year of hoyling it should be time to go deeper into the game mechanics, those 0,1 things. such as how does rotating with gas work, rotating faster with having brake on for some time after each press, etc.

I guess the moposite levs can be somewhat useful and give somekind of improvisation skill, using abilities that were learned before in different situations. but I guess hoyling anything is the best, in fact its better to be very good at something than do some fakin nab bounces on those levs

and lastly it sounds mega boring to systematically practise something in a game eh? you become pro if you have much spare time and love the game, simple as that. at that point some ppl are more gifted, some less
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

hehe i don't throttle when braking, impsy with this kb :I
39:37,91
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

me neither... haven't even set a key for alias brake
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

i don't even know what he is talking about throtle + brake? other then that very motivational speach zweg.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

nat need alias brake, just push gas with top of finger, then bend finger and push brake at same time with middle of same finger
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

jaytea wrote:nat need alias brake, just push gas with top of finger, then bend finger and push brake at same time with middle of same finger
Sax, just learn from the beginning to use brake on another seperate key. I've used left alt for 7 years.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

jaytea wrote:nat need alias brake, just push gas with top of finger, then bend finger and push brake at same time with middle of same finger
exactly
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

dz wrote:
Sax, just learn from the beginning to use brake on another seperate key. I've used left alt for 7 years.
why to use on separate key?
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

and what does that do give you some kind of crazy speed? that what you do on new wave at the bottom john?
Religious Man
||
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

isn't turning faster than braking when the wheel is rearing?
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

berhabdul wrote:isn't turning faster than braking when the wheel is rearing?
braking? why would you do that, if your wheel is rearing youre accelerating on the ground, if you brake you'll probably fuck up something

do you mean turning twice vs. releasing gas very quickly? i think the latter is normally faster only because people (i at least) am able to release/repress gas slightly quicker than press shift (turn) twice. maybe some people can press turn very fast and prefer to do so than release gas for a split second
axxu
Moporator

Post by axxu »

Never used alias brake, never will. I dont use same finger for gas and brake tho. About that releasing gas or turning twice, releasing is faster for me atleast. Sometimes i might use double turn too, depends on situation.
.:. TT 37:59:77 | Member of team AC .:.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

bottom of new wave i like double turn instead of let go of gas.
Religious Man
||
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

becides it looks like you know what your doing when you do the double turn.
Religious Man
||