nations cup(?)

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

GuyB
Donator duck

Post by GuyB »

very good proposal kd. both guyb and I like idea :mrhat: ... especially the fact that this concept will make the cup stand out compared to an ordinary wcup etc

so we say :beer: to the idea :teeth:

\-Rigger
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

surprisingly....i don't like the idea =).

hmm. kd said that whole nations should play and not teams of 4-6 players.. if whole nation plays then the motivation for individual player to höyl hard would drop...cos they might think that 'oh well somebody will play it anyway'...and secondly the 'not-so-good' players would be totally useless to the teams and it would be quite boring for them...and if every dood from the same nation gets the recs there would be some 'bad apples' who would for some reason spread recs...

some countries who have like 5-10 players might find motivation to play as 'whole nation'...but for example in finland that idea just wouldn't work...i think...

and i think it would be more intresting to play one on one matches....at least there has to be some kinda final rounds played one on one imo..
m0nkeii
Kuski

meh

Post by m0nkeii »

the best idea seems to be kd's one, but now i think the bigger elma countries would dominate. but this idea still seems the best, there are going to be problems with any suggestion

there should be no problem getting 50 levels. any kuski would love to have one of their levels played by hundreds. i would :mrhat:
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

kuiva: ye i know about these problems. I was thinking about Hungary, and here we are 20-30 active players at least, and i know we all would work as a big team. Finland is quite different i think, maybe it's because the teams with members from different countries :(
And i just said that national teams has no sense, because everybody can send their own recs to them. About motivation: There could be small contest-in-cup thingz like 'the best kuski of nation' or something else.
Here in Hungary there wouldn't be 'bad apples' i think, and if there was, somehow we could ignore them from recs.
Maybe this cup idea is generally bad, because of the many uncontrollable thingz. That's it. But i think it worth a try.
The final round idea would be good btw.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Hows about, 5 levels, 5 kuskis in a team. they all play all the levels, and 1 kuski sends in his/her time for each level, and it has to be a different kuski for each level...?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I like Chuckles' idea, that would be nice. I'm sure somebody will mention about the cheating thing again...it's easy but what can you do, fun is more important
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

Yeah, ChuckleS idea can be good.. but then again the teams will divide the 5 levels by saying you will get level 1 etc.. that means that the 5 level-thing will feel like it's only one level... Maybe I'm wrong, it can be great to see what kuski is good at that level and stuff, and so the dividing process ca be exciting.. Don't know, just some thoughts..
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

There are many other kuskis in a country, who won't be in those 5 member teams, but run better times than they do. It can happen, and then they can only do that sending their recs to the team members, and if the team is so cheat0r, they will send the rec in, just as if it was their own, and they become famous. Ok, i accept that most of the teams would play fair, and not use other ppl's recs... I don't know. Anyway if teams are the nations, then most kuskis of the nation is out from this cup, and then i think it would cause lack of interest.
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

But we cant have any more than 1 team per country...Unless we have divisions too

Division 1:
All 'A' teams

Div. 2:
All 'B' teams

Etc
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

We shouldn't make this too complicated either...
RealiZer
Kuski

Post by RealiZer »

It doesnt have to be complicated if you use it in a kinda good way.
See here:

It doesnt matter how many teams it is...
The team have to choose which player should play which level... Then the levels get sent out to the players which should play them...

And if you make lets see 3 packs of levels... so it is like 3 rounds...

It might be interesting...

And have the best finnish players in one team etc. isnt funny.. lets try to make it a little bit more interesting by randomly pick teams inside each country which have said they will compete.. That way we might get some really kewl results!

-RealiZer
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

RealiZer wrote:...randomly pick teams inside each country which have said they will compete...
How do you mean? Pick [5] random kuskis? Thatd be kewl
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

randomly picked teams would be good but you couldn't have that many teams. if say, finland, had 14 teams of 5 and Aust. had 1 team of 5 would finland get points for each team? or would the time for each player for the level in one country be averaged?

whatever. i still think kd's idea is best. chuckles' is also good but there are too many problems with it
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
RealiZer
Kuski

Post by RealiZer »

What i meant is that Each team plays against other teams! If finland have 14 teams. Each of theese 14 is against eachother...

Damn, i realize this idea wont be a nations cup anymore...!
Sry...

-RealiZer
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

i'm sure many ppl would be happy to make levels, that's not a problam.

btw israelis: my brother has to be on the israel team if this cup will happen... he sucks in tt cuz he doesn't play internals, but he's good, trust me.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

So your brother will be instead of you Roni...

We'll maybe do a little contests and the players with the best times will qualify to that Israeli team.
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

GBR only has Chux, James, Chris, MJXII, Nathanaelb, Tewy and Womble, damn, its harder when you only have to lose 2 guys, it seems more personal...
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

is there a limited number of participents for each nation?

well, if i'll be instead of Uzi, Uzi will help me and invent new styles and stuff, and the same if he'll be instead of me. we can actully qualify as one participent :lol:
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

I really like the ideea of this cup. I really want to participate. But I think that I'm the only one in Romania who plays this (very cool) game. Noone knows about it here, what do u want ardvetise? LOL. Oh, some of my friend play... they really really really really really suck. They... what do u say, oh yes, they "Drive Farsund!" if U know what I mean. And I suck either. But I'm the best here 8) . But I relly like the ideea, but Romania has no team :cry: :cry: :cry:
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

As some people adviced before, each nation will have a team of 5 or something... that's the limit...
if it will be like that, there will probably be a qualification for each country because the tt doesn't mean anything...

anyway, my advice is that these qualifications will be made officialy by the one who makes this cup, just before the cup itself begins...
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

u could have a united nations team, for all the countries that cant make the five, caus i kno i cant and there will be others,

will you allow a un team or will u stick to countries only, but u can only have plays that cant make up five from there country, not those who just missed out on there own countries team
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

I think only nations because it´s a nations cup...if you had united nations team it would be just like an ordinary team cup...or?
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

Yes a good ideea with this championship, but unfortunatly Romania won't have a team. Nobody plays. I know that we don't have a chanse but I still wana participate :cry:
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Doddddy wrote:Yes a good ideea with this championship, but unfortunatly Romania won't have a team. Nobody plays. I know that we don't have a chanse but I still wana participate :cry:
yea tis is wot i mean, i will be the only one form me country and if Doddddy is the only one from his country and there is other countries cant hav a team i dont see any harm in competing as one, its not like we will be a force or anything it just gives sum more peple a chance to participate

( i think thats clear)
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

SveinR wrote:I think that there could be one "other" country, that consists of the five best players in a round that were played between people of those countries that doesn't have that many players.
MoSH_MaN
Kuski

Post by MoSH_MaN »

MopoGirl wrote:tut tut oren, i told like MONTHS ago that mosh man is an ass :)
What do you all want from me its all history leave it ffs
damn.....
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

one of di idea dat went down after all ? people, give opinion whether yu want dis Wcoupe or maybe some olympic or other,.... Fro me this sounds easy, becaus its easy to cope and organize....olympic too big since abu in jail.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I definitely would want a nations cup if someone arranged it..But it would need to attract much attention to itself so that many would join, just 15 kuskis wouldn't quite do it.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

unless it's being arranged by someone of the moposite crew... it wont be official, i guess... well, who of the moposite crew can arrange it?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

The Nations Cup is a great idea! Why did we forget about it?
It has to be done and hopefully soon
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

skint0r making it on solveggen wit moposite looking page is enough official for any elma player....at least if all the old-timers supports the contest.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

I think we should ask skint0r before we say he'll do all of the work, right?