I can has poll?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

do you like lolcats?

no
5%
care.com
24%
yes
71%

Total votes: 21

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

I can has poll?

Post by 8-ball »

39:37,91
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

max those imagez are
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

look it's time to settle this bullshit once and for all

* jaytea speaks slowly so stupid people can understand him

do you see people like Jeppe using elmaspeak outside the universe of elma and IRC? no. there's a good reason why: these little inside jokes that we have are inside jokes for a reason, because only we appreciate them. we don't go to other internet forums and communities and force our humor upon them because they simply won't appreciate it like you do. in fact, they'd think you were lame and annoying, much like i think at the moment

why can't you lolcats/4chan noobs just keep to yourselves, why do you think the rest of the internet needs to be exposed to your undeservedly popular phenomenon?

the reason i'm asking all this 8-ball, is because i know you're such a respected member of these large internet communities (i mean, why else would you take to mopolauta to get attention!), hoping you could maybe cause some sort of revolution with the extreme influence and charisma you seem to possess
im pretty good at elma
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

...... Cats are cute :P
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Some of those pics are good ones (mostly because cats are cool, not the texts in pictures), but I don't really find it funny when you try force these things to elma people
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Have to agree with jaytea, it irritates me endlessly aswell when ppl post links to random photos in irc, and youtube links for that matter.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I don't see the problem. I have had tons of guys from school showing me youtube and lolcat links. I always find it nice to be directed to something funny in irc.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

still imo a link in some other topic woulda be enough, no need for a sparate topic and poll
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

um i click on every link that's posted in #across :P be it 4chan, youtube or any random pic that anyone finds randomly surfing interwebs and finds funny and wants to share. i can't possibly see how anyone could be irritated by a link in irc. don't click/watch/read if you don't care. new things that most of a community enjoy eventually become a part of it. like, acrossish didn't become what it is in one day.
39:37,91
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

i just wanted to say that, agreeing with 8all

edit: Anyway to solve the problem we need a proffesional point/speech of some SveinR, dz or tijsjoris. Personally I would like Markku's one here, but I know he doesn't make a point in such down-to-earth issues.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

The dutch government has agreed tonight in the amendment to the civil lawbook the following:
"The advertising in or on any website, forum, channel or any other public area on the internet, with or without (free) registration, of redirection links to content of either copyrighted or any other license, with the intention solely insider entertainment, by the following individual(s); 8-ball, is forbidden. Violators will face up to 10 years of ignore and bane."
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I liek teh.

4chan ftw wtg
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)