Are you scared of dying?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

are you scared of dying?

yes
38%
no
62%

Total votes: 42

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Are you scared of dying?

Post by 8-ball »

i wander.
39:37,91
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Do people like your polls? I doubt.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

was that the question?
douchebag.
39:37,91
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

lol @ anyone who answered 'no'

if you think you're not scared of dying then grow the fuck up. there's only one way to know you don't fear death: you need to have stared death in the face, and welcomed it. until then you can assume you fear death, and there's nothing weak about that. it's human nature

there should be another category, 'suicidal'. people who have faced death and laughed at it are enlightened and are basically men (and women) of steel. suicidal people are cowards, or mentally unstable, usually both.. they don't deserve to be able to say they are not afraid to die because they're afraid to live

interesting topic
im pretty good at elma
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

interesting way of seeing it jaytea. I choose not to answer since I didn't think I qualify to do so. I like to say I don't fear death, but come to think of it I really don't want to lose my cat Kasper, my dad, my mom, my bestest friends, the guitar playing etc etc. So I guess I am, in a way. However I don't let the fear stop me from enjoying life and taking a few risks every now and then. Because that's living ;)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I don't fear being gone. I do fear painful deaths or something even near to that. So yes, in that sense, I would piss my pants if I was about to die.

On the other hand, if I knew I had to die in say, 5 minutes, because I was standing on a building about to collapse, I think I would just enjoy the last moments of my life.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Timor mortis conturbat me.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Hx
Kuski

Post by Hx »

im with jaytea... anybody who put no is a little too full of themselves
TT - 45:33
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

i fear nonexistence :cry:
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

tijsjoris wrote:On the other hand, if I knew I had to die in say, 5 minutes, because I was standing on a building about to collapse, I think I would just enjoy the last moments of my life.
ye0, ez masturbation
it's not as you think, you can't just imagine how it would be and say 'i guess i won't give a fuck', you have to experience it.

the question is kinda hard, you would have to define what 'scared' means. if i woulda know that i am going to be tortued or something and eventually die i would be afraid, but if i would be supposed to just pass out in my sleep unaware - whatever. i think what keeps me alive, except of self-preservation instinct, is curiosity. i'm into many thing and i would like to know how things will be like in the future.

i suppose there's not much waiting for us after death, strangely enough people value themselves too much, imagine they will live forever and shit, all that's pure bullshit imo, a human is nothing but another living like billions of others and even more animals of other species. for me it is just as ridiculous as thinking that if you will kill an ant or mosqito it will go to heaven. but it's easier to live when you believe in something, many even unwittingly are just brought up in a religious family and do not even allow a thought that all that is just all about money and power, manipulating them. or maybe they're too thoughtless. statistics say that the more educated people are, the less percantage of them are believers.
this topic is very personal though and i see no sense in discussing religious matters once again as many users of this forum treat it too seriously

i think i can say i faced death at least once, not gonna explain it, nuff to say some serious pressure was squeezing my head and at that moment i felt if it's gonna increase just a little or continue as it was i'm gonna die. luckily it was removed but those seconds, maybe half a minute was quite a bad experience, it was like 5-6 ago so i kinda believed in god and shit so now my thoughts would be compleatly different
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

It depends. At this very moment i can't say i'm afraid of dying, since i know its not very plausible that death would strike me right now. However, I know that if I were put in a situation where I knew that i might die at any moment soon, ofcourse i would be scared.

So I'd like to answer both yes and no. "Yes" if put in a certain situation where I feel I might die, and "No" since I don't worry all the time, due to the low probability of dying in my every day life.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Staar wrote:i fear nonexistence :cry:
my thought exactly
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i agree with Igge.

i've had a couple close calls if my life, but in both cases i was WAY too young to even...well...think. one when i was about 3 or 4 when i fell in a bath full of only hot water, very serious burns to my body, and could of ez died. still have scars on feet. the other was when i died at birth, not sure for how long, think around 2mins. yes i saw the light!
mcleod
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I'm not as you'd perceive "scared" of a natural death, like of old age, I would be sad, because my family members would most probably be around me, sad as well; but also interested to see what the other side is like.

On the other hand, dying a painful, sharp, unexpected death would most definitely scare me, I would have barely any time to think, or comprehend it's happening, it would also suck ass, because I couldn't say goodbye to family, friends etc.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i answered meaning i don't fear death everyday. I'm not always keeping myself from doing extreme sports or any "not risk-free" activities...

but of course i fear the moment of death itself.
how can you not?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I know Orcc doesn't fear dying. Have you seen him playing those ff's, he just defies death.
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

jaytea wrote:lol @ anyone who answered 'no'
very stupid and immature comment, go piss up a rope
if you think you're not scared of dying then grow the fuck up. there's only one way to know you don't fear death: you need to have stared death in the face, and welcomed it. until then you can assume you fear death, and there's nothing weak about that. it's human nature
i agree with this to some degree. of course humans have survival instinct and naturally avoid situations where they might get hurt or die a painfull death but this does not mean that they fear death. i answered no because im assuming the poll question is about physical death, there is nothing to fear about that. whoever i understand people might fear a slow and painfull death, or even quick painless one if they got something to lose (children and such) or any undesired way of dying but this more related to the fear of pain, not the death itself.
there should be another category, 'suicidal'. people who have faced death and laughed at it are enlightened and are basically men (and women) of steel. suicidal people are cowards, or mentally unstable, usually both.. they don't deserve to be able to say they are not afraid to die because they're afraid to live
another ignorant comment. people can be suicidal for many reasons. some people might be suffering from severe chronic pain for example, its perfectly understandable that those people want to die, its human nature to avoid pain, for these people death is to only way to avoid it.
its the same case with suicidal/depressed/mentally unstable people, the pain is just different, its mental which can be equally or as some say, more painful then physical pain and harder to relieve.

what comes to these "men and women of steel", they sound more like complete idiots to me, missing the natural survival insting doesnt make them any more enlightened or "tuff". those people seem like another group of suicidal people who just dont care if they live or die, or masochists who actually enjoy pain
Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Scruffy the janitor wrote:
jaytea wrote:lol @ anyone who answered 'no'
very stupid and immature comment, go piss up a rope
i agree with this to some degree. of course humans have survival instinct and naturally avoid situations where they might get hurt or die a painfull death but this does not mean that they fear death. i answered no because im assuming the poll question is about physical death, there is nothing to fear about that. whoever i understand people might fear a slow and painfull death, or even quick painless one if they got something to lose (children and such) or any undesired way of dying but this more related to the fear of pain, not the death itself.
another ignorant comment. people can be suicidal for many reasons. some people might be suffering from severe chronic pain for example, its perfectly understandable that those people want to die, its human nature to avoid pain, for these people death is to only way to avoid it.
its the same case with suicidal/depressed/mentally unstable people, the pain is just different, its mental which can be equally or as some say, more painful then physical pain and harder to relieve.

what comes to these "men and women of steel", they sound more like complete idiots to me, missing the natural survival insting doesnt make them any more enlightened or "tuff". those people seem like another group of suicidal people who just dont care if they live or die, or masochists who actually enjoy pain
Actually, that's one of JT's most sensible comments on this entire forum.

i am afraid of Death btw.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
ribot
Not banned

Re: Are you scared of dying?

Post by ribot »

are you scared of living?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'm not scared of dying, I'm scared of not having lived a meaningful life.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

they are all the same thing... if you are scared then you are scared and your life sux
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re:

Post by Bismuth »

teajay wrote:I don't fear being gone. I do fear painful deaths or something even near to that. So yes, in that sense, I would piss my pants if I was about to die.
I agree on that.
:mrhat: