I AM pregnant after having my tubes tied!

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

I AM pregnant after having my tubes tied!

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

It is entirely possible to get pregnant when you've had your tubes tied! I should know....I had my tubes tied in October of 2006, and am 11 weeks pregnant. 1 in 200 women get pregnant after having their tubes tied, but 70% of those pregnancies are ectopic. The chances are so slim, yet here I am... I had my tubes tied after my second divorce. I have two children, one from each marriage and decided that I was done. Tired of being in relationships because of my children I wanted some reassurrance that, that would never happen again. I love children don't get me wrong, but I have a boy age 9, and a girl age 16 and was satisfied with what I had.

When my cycle was late and had other familiar symptoms, I thought there was no way! I had that problem fixed! After 4 home pregnancy tests in 2 1/2 days, confirmation from my doctor and an ultrasound to see if it was ectopic or not...I am definately pregnant. Due in few months, and for the first time pregnant without the support of a spouse or boyfriend and 2000 miles away from my friends and family. My boyfriend and I broke up before I found out I was pregnant and he can't quite figure things out so we're doing this on our own.

So if anyone out there has some words of advice or encouragement I would welcome it!
Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

you go girl! :)
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

So my suspicions were true!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)