check this out >> creapple.se/nindex >> UPDATED!

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

check this out >> creapple.se/nindex >> UPDATED!

Post by niN »

http://www.creapple.se/nindex
nindex

nindex is my latest and probably final website. I actually made the site overnight in approximately three hours. Feels good to know I still have the php skills in me. I will add all my ninlevs here for you to upload your times and compare yourself to others. It's very simple in it's functions with its main goal to recieve and write times. I found it quite easy to navigate and learn the website's functions. Please post and comments here or pm me if you have something personal/confidential to say.

The site is working at the moment but I will add more features to it. Here's a list of things to be/been added:
1) "when u choose lev and press 'select' it opens the chosen lev, but then it goes back to 'nin0001.lev' in that box.."
2) A list of all times and records.
3) Some sort of points awarding system with a rankings list.
4) Option to download all levels in a pack (at the moment you can download them from the top of each individual level page).

Original post:
eh.

finally did the over night. Wasn't easy but feels good to know I still got the php skills in me. Please try and play some levs you can download them from the top of each individual page.

Thank you! I might edit this post in the morning. Feel free to comment the different functions and such on the site.

hehe almost forgot to write url, that would've been embarrasing!
http://www.creapple.se/nindex
Last edited by niN on 19 Jul 2008, 20:43, edited 3 times in total.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

nice and simple. i just didn't like one thing. when u choose lev and press 'select' it opens the chosen lev, but then it goes back to 'nin0001.lev' in that box.. nindex :lol: :D
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I understand, hard for me to fix though. But it's on my todo list!
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Hmm. Where are the levs from 4 to 8? O.o
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

nice site, i would say though it would be cool if there was a way to just view all the best times on a single page, rather than having to select each one specifically to see the best times, also i think there should be a way to download all the levels in one pack, unless i missed it somewhere on the site.
God Bless America
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

one thing, maybe i don't understand the logic of your website but, i uploaded my time on nin0001 and, the records aren't sorted from best to worst... (i.e. my time is the best in nin0001 and i am listed second)

just wanted to share that...

Edit: and yeah, maybe i am blind but, it would be nice to have a "download all levels" thingy!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

gimp wrote:nice site, i would say though it would be cool if there was a way to just view all the best times on a single page, rather than having to select each one specifically to see the best times, also i think there should be a way to download all the levels in one pack, unless i missed it somewhere on the site.
Yeah, this is also on my todo list. It will come, don't worry! some sort of kinglist will come too.
The_BoneLESS wrote:one thing, maybe i don't understand the logic of your website but, i uploaded my time on nin0001 and, the records aren't sorted from best to worst... (i.e. my time is the best in nin0001 and i am listed second)
This is my mistake! I will fix that immediately, sorry.

I will edit my first post with things to add and a better presentation later today too.

edit:
when u choose lev and press 'select' it opens the chosen lev, but then it goes back to 'nin0001.lev' in that box..
done
Last edited by niN on 5 May 2008, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

roope wrote:Hmm. Where are the levs from 4 to 8? O.o
forgot to say: www.creapple.se/nindex/checks.php

EDIT: Due to a rather serious mistake by me all current times on nin0001.lev was deleted. I'm sorry, but the replay sharing action wasn't working properly. You replays does still exist on the server in case you should have deleted them so just contact me if that's the case. Otherwise please reupload your replays!

I'm sorry for this, but it should work now :)
Last edited by niN on 5 May 2008, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Awesome niN!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

thx kopaka!

I have a question: Right now all times are shown on the index page. Exactly every time existing in our database is shown in the same table (ordered by level, time, date). Is this good? Would you rather like it if it only showed a top ten/(x) of every level? And also, is it okay if the list of all times is in the index file (it's not showed when a level cookie is set, that is if you've selected a specific level)?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

was testing a bit, tried adding rec for nIN012.lev. just picking some random rec from belma folder that i've got from your battle levs.

so it said "not a nin lev", well that's not the problem.

then I found nin0012.lev and added rec for that. now it seems the both are there :P.

and where's the flag of afghanistan :(
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Zweq wrote:was testing a bit, tried adding rec for nIN012.lev. just picking some random rec from belma folder that i've got from your battle levs.

then I found nin0012.lev and added rec for that. now it seems the both are there :P.

you have certanly found some issues on my website, thank you! First of all, the reason the afghanistan flag isn't working is that I didn't have that flag in my flagfolder. I will add it soon. Second, I have no idea why all of a sudden the recuploadingscript is fucking things up. I will work on it right away, you might have to reupload your replays so don't delete them.

Maybe you had an older version of nin0012.lev or something. I don't know. but I will fix it now
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Zweq wrote:was testing a bit, tried adding rec for nIN012.lev. just picking some random rec from belma folder that i've got from your battle levs.

I know what the problem is. I have a long history of ninlevels. The first ones were called nINXXX.lev. They are old levels and you should delete them from your folder (unless you want them :P). You have uploaded replays for levels: nIN012.lev, nIN013.lev and nin0012.lev. Turns out there was nothing wrong with the script =). though after some reconstructioning it seems as though there was a problem with my script. You can now only upload a time if the level was a ninxxxx.lev. thx zweq.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Rating system is up! and will soon add kinglist and list of times (as soon as kopaka has helped me :)), but would like to know whether you want list of ALL times, or list of top X times.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

You mean on level pages? I'd like to see all times there. (:
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Kopaka wrote:You mean on level pages? I'd like to see all times there. (:
No, I mean in the list with All levels, and times. (this was requested above). Should it list all times or top X?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i was thinking it would be cool to have one like on skintatious, where he has the level packs, and then the top10 times shown for each level, as well as being able to download the level or replay, it also makes it so that you can see the times of one level and then scroll right to the next, whereas in yours you have to select and click to see every individual level, which could be tedious if you wanted to have the general outlook of all the levels and times.
God Bless America
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

gimp wrote:i was thinking it would be cool to have one like on skintatious, where he has the level packs, and then the top10 times shown for each level, as well as being able to download the level or replay, it also makes it so that you can see the times of one level and then scroll right to the next, whereas in yours you have to select and click to see every individual level, which could be tedious if you wanted to have the general outlook of all the levels and times.
Yeah, this will come. I just needed to know whether you wanted top ten or something else. But now I know! I will work on it over the weekend, but I will be rather busy so nothing is guarranteed to be finished until monday. Thanks anyways for your comment :)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Ye would be nice with some easier way to navigate through the levels, also on the front page on the "ten latest times" list maybe the links to the level files could link to the page for that level instead, so it's easy to get there.

Also.. wtf is up with the hardness of these levels :(
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Kopaka wrote:Ye would be nice with some easier way to navigate through the levels, also on the front page on the "ten latest times" list maybe the links to the level files could link to the page for that level instead, so it's easy to get there.

Also.. wtf is up with the hardness of these levels :(
Yeah all of those things you mentioned is getting improved. The levs are really hard because I liked to make hard levs. But after some complains I will make them easier in the future.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

wtf is with kopaka always beating my time on nin0009 by a few milliseconds!
:x
God Bless America
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

gimp wrote:wtf is with kopaka always beating my time on nin0009 by a few milliseconds!
:x
I saw that! I checked the replays out and omg, it was such a battle between the two of you!
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I have another question:

Do you think that logged on people should be able to comment on each level page, or comment to other users? If the later then everyone will have their own inbox with messages, the first will mean that every level will have it's own inbox with messages, and therefor anyone who is logged on could read them.

Also great progress gimp ;)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

ok so the site is basically done overall. I just need some help with the kinglist, I wrote in html helping.

I will add more to the menu soon. I'm thinking of changing it so that you will have a users page where you upload records instead of uploading them on the levels page.
niN
Kuski

Re: check this out >> creapple.se/nindex

Post by niN »

New version available. Updated entire website, added new design, new features and new levels. Read more about it on the site: http://www.creapple.se/nindex

Hopefully you will give it a try!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Re: check this out >> creapple.se/nindex >> UPDATED!

Post by The_BoneLESS »

i can feel you've been inspired by Skint ;) ... but hell, everybody does.

cool site, looks better than your last ones.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

The_BoneLESS wrote:i can feel you've been inspired by Skint ;) ... but hell, everybody does.

cool site, looks better than your last ones.
Yeah I know, I even admitted it on the info - facts page :P. I think his website is so beautiful that no matter how hard I try to make a different one it just ends up looking the same :D. But I might change it again in a year or so, and then I will try to make my own design.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

just curious nin, are you ever going to bring this site back?
God Bless America
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Hm, if people are interested then I see no reason to why not! But it had been over 100 days without a single record so I deleted it. I can make a new website for the ninlevs if you want me to gimp (I still have all the old replays). Then this time I'll try to be original with the concept and design ;)
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

aw well, if you do bring the site back then at the least youll have me to play them :)
God Bless America
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

OK gimp, I'll collect my favourite levels from my battlepack (there'll be around 50 - 70 of them) and make a website for you!

EDIT: I'll select my favourite 50 levels from the 150 battlelevels (I'm currently up to 120 so I'll make 30 more first), then after another 150 I might add another 50 favs to the site.

A few things about the new website: only wrs (one time / lev) will be shown, There will be a kinglist (one record = 5 points), there will be a status called Mania Man which is basically something a player will get after being number 1 in the kinglist when a specific date has passed (there will be many chances to get this status).

All in all the website will be quite simple.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

interesting idea with the mania man, hopefully others will join me
God Bless America
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Why not just use old site, maybe make few chances if you want to, much funnier imo if can see all times
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

No, I don't like that one. I basically just copied the skintatious design and now I want to create my own thing :)

But if most people agree with you that it's fun to see all times then maybe I'll make it happen somehow.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Yeah I'll show more times than wrs, because I want TT statistics too and that would not be as cool unless I at least have a top 10 or something :)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I have a little problem: since I'm only going to use 50 of my battlelevels I think it might be appropriate to change the name from random ninxxxx.lev to ninb0001 - ninb0050 so that the levs aren't huller om buller. But the problem is that if I do this the old replays won't be valid. I'll of course copy all wrs from the old nindex to this new but all other replays from drivers everywhere won't be valid if I change the name. Should I still change the name so that the order is better? this would be much easier for me too since I wouldn't have to do a script which skips some ninxxxx.lev: s and allows others: instead it just chekcs if it's a ninb lev and allows/denies.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

hmm, tough decision, though the replays are nice, it would definitely be less messy with the level name change. i say go for it.
God Bless America
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

gimp wrote:hmm, tough decision, though the replays are nice, it would definitely be less messy with the level name change. i say go for it.
Yes! I could add all the times manually, but it's like you say. some replays are sick. I also think that it would be messy not to change them and vote the same as you. I'd like another opinion just to be sure. Mats didn't care really and Mawane thought I shouldn't change them. so it's 3 to 1 so far.

EDIT I've just finished the site design, I really like it and think it's looking good!