Southern/Eastern Europe Trip 2008

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

tijsjoris (teajay) and brother (dahn) go train.

It's that time of the year again, where we start planning for our summer holidays. In the summer of 2006 I roadtripped with my brother through scandinavia, baltics and the surroundings: http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=3937. This year we will be travelling to the more exotic countries of our Europe: Hungary, Bulgary, Romania, a little bit of Turkey and Greece. We will be doing all this by means of InterRail.

We are going to the Sziget festival in Budapest, which will be at the end of our trip. I've been making a schedule of this trip in agreement with my brother. At our previous trip we stayed at several elma guys where we had some jolly fun drinking beer or playing elma.
At these dates we're at the cities mentioned. It would be megacool to meet some elma guys again, and maybe fix a sleeping spot aswell. :)
Ofcourse, we'll be very greatful and buy you beer or booze or be VERY nice like doing dishes or whatever your dirty minds can come up with. :P

Code: Select all

July 20, 21        Berlin, Germany
July 22            Krakow, Poland
July 24, 25, 26    Bucuresti, Romania
July 27, 28, 29    Constanta, Romania
Or if you happen to be in Istanbul, Athens, Sofia or Budapest (maybe sziget even) in august, then please tell here and we might be able to meet up and have a blast!

Please tell here or pm if you want to meet up, or want to know more about our trip.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Hello tj!

my summer holidays start on July 18th, so it is unlikely that I am in Berlin at that time.
As soon as I have some more solid plans I will let you know. If I happen to be around you are ofcourse welcome to come to my new (much nicer) flat and stay and drink beer and go to curry 36 all the time!

Would be nice to see you again!

Greetings, David
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

hi there

i'm actually going to be in each of those places on the days you mentioned, it would be great if we could get together to explore the various cities. i'll be staying at very inconvenient locations that would either be difficult for you to find or incredibly out of the way. with the amount of time you'll spend trying to find them they might as well have just been made up addresses

so yeah i'll privmsg you where i'll be staying when i get the details, hope you'll find time to visit
im pretty good at elma
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

teajay sach globetrotter 8O 8)

PS: fuck off jaytea
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

when are you going to grow up

the only thing of yours that seems to have grown since you were 9 is that obscenely long face
im pretty good at elma
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

jaytea wrote:hi there

i'm actually going to be in each of those places on the days you mentioned, it would be great if we could get together to explore the various cities. i'll be staying at very inconvenient locations that would either be difficult for you to find or incredibly out of the way. with the amount of time you'll spend trying to find them they might as well have just been made up addresses

so yeah i'll privmsg you where i'll be staying when i get the details, hope you'll find time to visit
I tested all permutations of ways to respond to this comically, but suffice to say: irl lol.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Sounds great, i will probably be on Sziget too, and i also need a place to stay. :)
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
nony
Kuski

Re: Southern/Eastern Europe Trip 2008

Post by nony »

tijsjoris wrote:Southern/Eastern Europe Trip 2008
tijsjoris (teajay) and brother (dahn) go train.

Code: Select all

July 20, 21        Berlin, Germany
July 22            Krakow, Poland
July 24, 25, 26    Bucuresti, Romania
July 27, 28, 29    Constanta, Romania

don't stay in bucharest that long, there's really not much to see and the heat will be totally unbearable. maybe go to Sinaia (Valea Prahovei) instead, it's in the mountains.
and constanta is ok, especially the resort Mamaia which will be crowded but nice.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

jaytea, you made my day :D when can we meet?

I will look up that city you mentioned nony, thanks for the tips.
KD, isn't it true that hungarians have their own anti-sziget festival? I heard some stories about such.
And insguy, if you are around I would love to come around and drink beer! We will be eating even more curry's anyway, so you better be checking it out. :wink:

Zwor, you should come and meet me and jt. :P
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

since i live in bucharest, if i won't be gone on vacation, i can try and guide u towards the beers&other cultural&leisure activities. and the mountains are not far from here, it'll be easy to get there, don't worry.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Oah, that would be great! Just the chance to meet new kuskis is always awesome. How's your english? :)
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

lately i've started dreaming in english, so don't worry:)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Nah, just wondering if we should be speaking german if so =)

Just keep me informed later on if you will be away or not at these dates.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

Heyho,

I live in Berlin, but i don t know if i m there in July 20, 21.

As insguy, i ll let u know :) We could ez have a threesome...or a bigger meeting (VT and milty moved here too, DaFred and i are searching a flat right now)
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

h0h0, max cool if so! Looking forward to more info later on! :D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

So, do any of you guys know some more? Just keep me updated here if you do.

Thanks in advance. :)
k0xx
39mins club

Post by k0xx »

tijsjoris wrote:July 22 Krakow, Poland
You should hook up with me here in CZE so we can cooperate some plan and go assassinate that berhabdul mongo
elma
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hehe, maybe. That dude lives in Poznan, boring city, and I've been there already.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

comparing with Amsterdam, every city in Europe is boring ;D
Poznań ain't that bad :x
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

tijsjoris probably didn't have anything to say apart from that he has already been there, and he just came up with a random sentence, forgive him

anyway what can be not boring in a foreign city for a kid (i guess you weren't even 15 when been there tj)

piss
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

HI berh, you're banned, but whatever. In fact I was.. 16!

No, but seriously, I've been there, and it wasn't very impressive, that's all. Same with helsinki, that was doofus too.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

OK, I yet ask again then if my dearest fellow insguy aka david aka reggaeddict is in berlin round 20 to 22 july?
And also I hope to hear we can stay at nony's round 24, 25, 26 and/or 27 july, cause otherwise we will be booking a hostel soon.

Thanks in advance, tj.

edit: palme are you in berlin?
edit2: we buy you some/many beers ofcourse as for the compensation. :beer:
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

I m in berlin! I just looked at my calendar and it seems like most of my written examinations are one week earlier! I ll ask VT, Milty and DaFred if they have time too - ez berlin connection + TJ meeting :)

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

can we drop by? :)
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

well, i ll move to a new flat next month, so i dunno if it ll be ready to your advent - but we ll see - and a meeting at VT, miltys, or insguys should be possible too i hope!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wonder how meeting with total strangers would be. are you like "he he, nice weather" or "so, what's your name?" or "hEAH =D i got 14.63 on warm up the other day"?
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

tijsjoris wrote:OK, I yet ask again then if my dearest fellow insguy aka david aka reggaeddict is in berlin round 20 to 22 july?
And also I hope to hear we can stay at nony's round 24, 25, 26 and/or 27 july, cause otherwise we will be booking a hostel soon.
well, that will be kind of very difficult as i'm living with my gf in a one room apartment. so it's a little impsy to do that:) anyway, if hostels are expensive, i can help you in looking for an apartment to have for yourself for a couple of days. the prices are ~20-30E/night. i'm offering my driving skills though for a quick glimpse at this megalopolis;p

for 24 july i can be sure i'll be in bucharest. dunno at the moment for the rest.
zweq wrote:wonder how meeting with total strangers would be. are you like "he he, nice weather" or "so, what's your name?" or "hEAH =D i got 14.63 on warm up the other day"?
zweq, if i'll somehow ever get to kokola you won't meet me? i have better than 14:63 on wu, you know :P
Last edited by nony on 16 Jun 2008, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

imo we all should get drunk and have a nice evening - no need for real names, i just met VT by chance and called him VT, quite cool imo :)

wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

Zweq wrote:wonder how meeting with total strangers would be. are you like "he he, nice weather" or "so, what's your name?" or "hEAH =D i got 14.63 on warm up the other day"?
don't you meet stranger ppl like all the time? o_O and what's worse also GIRLS from time to time xD always something to talk about unless you are max unsociable and withdrawn

as far as kuskis are concerned when i met ramzi and michalit we talked mostly about elma, football and other shit we have in common, beer also always helps. we chatted on a polish msn-like progz and polish elma forum for like few years though so we weren't 'total strangers' like ppl you meet in a school\uni\parties and so on...

tj, you comin to Poland?

btw Zweq, haven't you been to some meeting? at least i'm nearly sure you met Abula...
last.fm profile
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

nony, that's ok, we'll book a hostel instead, and it's not that expensive, so no worries. I still hope to meet up with you then on the 24th, max fun. :)
Same goes for palme, I remember a hostel in berlin where I stayed at 3 years ago nearby the milastrasse, I think it was cheap.

Wiel, yes we're going through poland, dare to meet? 8)
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

why not, maybe you can even sleep here but gotta talk with parents as still lodge with em xD there are 2 of you, right? i live in radom, like 100km south from warsaw

edit: ok, checked the first post again and central poland isn't on your way and i undestand the best connection for you is clearly berlin-wrocław(breslau)-kraków(cracow) without a doubt
let me know if you change your mind i can check the connections and count how many hours it gonna take and shit (if you go by train which kinda sux)
last.fm profile
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I gotta discuss this with my brother, sorry for late reply but I'm doing 6 days a week of work at the moment, and computing just doesn't fit in lately.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

We both agree that we should really drop by if we may, but first I'd like to know if it's okay with your parents, and secondly, how annoying it is to get to your place? Because you might be living in the middle of nowhere or someteh and well I don't feel like travelling 3 days from Radom central station. :wink2:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

we're going on the train to berlin this sunday, the 20th, and we'll be at the lehrter bahnhof (I assume it's that station the train stops) at 17.17

cane we meet up with the berlin gang? we can do :beer:
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

when and were we ll be there...

tuesday evening would fit best for me, but dunno if u leave next morning or on the evening. Next best would be monday :P

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

monday! where? donno, what suits you best?
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

i ll ask on elmasite where they wane to go. and let u know

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

come to my home and ill meat you
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Palme wrote:i ll ask on elmasite where they wane to go. and let u know
oki, I'll try to read lauta tomorrow night, when I'm in berlin.
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

ok 22uhr (10 o clock) oranienburger str. (station after friedrichsstr.). There we cane drink or eat or both and have some gay meeting.

Milty and me will be waiting for ya (or arriving just in time...) - VT is not in Berlin and DaFred will join us later cuz he has to work til 23 o clock. To insguy i have no contact, but it looked like u already met him once, maybe u tell him to come to or such :)

:beer:

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

hi, i'm in berlin right now, at alcatraz hostel near to the milastrasse at schönhauserallee. Cool to meet up with you guys. one question, can't we still just hang around at one of your guys' places until the morning, sleep on the couch or sach, that would be awesome, we are planning to leave berlin from lehrter (on tuesday that is) at about 9.30 to krakow, so we won't be much of a hassle for you.

Today we walked through the oranienburgstrasse, so it'll be ez to find. Looking forward to meet & drink beer, but I sure hope not at the expensive "beach" spot at the spree near lehrter. :wink:

greets, tj & dahn
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

Well as i told in an earlier post im moving in a new flat, so u can t stay at my place. Maybe u can stay at milties, dunno, we should diskuss this when we meet and i ll prepare him :)

U are talkin bout the bundes pressestrand i guess, i hate this place - we ll find a good one i hope :)

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

ok, we'll just have to trust we can stay at one of your places then, cause there ain't no way we can still find a hostel in the middle of the night.. do you guys live near the centre or what
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

tijsjoris wrote:ok, we'll just have to trust we can stay at one of your places then, cause there ain't no way we can still find a hostel in the middle of the night.. do you guys live near the centre or what
ez if cant find place to stay just take a train to spain (hey it rhayms! 8D) or samthing and sleep on teh.

cause assume yuo have one of them interrail cards or wateh called, 'go anywheer in teh jurup (almost) for 30 days' or sach
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

yeah have interrail. but train to krakow ghoes at 21.38 for night train (guns n roses), so wtf are yuo talking in this topic and polluting
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

tijsjoris wrote:yeah have interrail. but train to krakow ghoes at 21.38 for night train (guns n roses), so wtf are yuo talking in this topic and polluting
ez gonna do train bangoing either next year or teh year after than, and ez wont plan anything at all. just like go to spain first or sach, then do 27 days totally random.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

oh btw we are backpacking, we have those little sleeping matrasses with us etc, no need to prepared beds for us etc.,, my brother just told me to say this. :)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

dame, thought i really nailed yuo theer ;/

btw, speaking of beds and nailing you, are you gonna spend nights outside aswell? ought to be cool sleeping on some beach or sach beneath teh sky (obviously - above teh sky?! (ah well you are above the sky aswell in a very far-fetched way etc))

oh and ez take many pics - especially when visiting the elmasite nabs ;D
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

so u gonna be in bucharest on the 24th?
Uncle Milty
39mins club

Post by Uncle Milty »

Hi. Nope, sry tj, but my home is MY castle.
we can easy meet today in the evening, but sleeping on couch or whatever isnt possible, cause i have no couch nor any other place to keep two other guys.

10o'clock - Oranienburger Staße.
Hate travelling through Berlin at night -.-
---
Team EA