The Norton antivirus software topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

totem
39mins club

The Norton antivirus software topic

Post by totem »

So that vectrast skins topic are not flooded

I don't like norton, it take around 512MB ram. Hey ! but i do not have norton

norton is bad

vade retro NORTON !

your turn now
Xiphias
39mins club

Re: The Norton antivirus software topic

Post by Xiphias »

I think Norton is shit.. Overprotected noobofied program for half-retarded morons.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

It's crap. Newly installed Vista without Norton once I see desktop is fully ready to use within 2-3 seconds. With Norton (the same 'fresh' Vista after installing Norton and then restarting it once) it needed about minute to display sidebar. You say I have slow computer, but it's not slow. It has 3GB RAM and Core2 Duo T5800 2GHz. Also scan engine got some glitches and can randomly stuck and scan one random file all the time. Of course you can't stop it doing that.

AHH and the same computer when I used to have trial version of McAfee were starting without any lag.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i like it, doesnt slowen my pc and protects it very okiz :P
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I used to use it back in the day, got it free from my dads work back then. I wasn't nearly as memory usage conscious back then as I am now, so have no idea how much it used up, but didn't notice any problems.

Anyway nowadays I use AVG. Used Avast for a while because I wanted to test if it used less memory than AVG which it did at first, but after a while it started using up a whole lot :/

Then I wanted to try avira antivir but the installer didn't work, so went back to AVG which now seems to have become more lightweight since last I used it.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

You know what? I have no antivirus installed on my computer. And you know what? I have it since September 2007 and I haven't got anything close to a virus. Well, I admit my father made a scan of my comp one time when I had had a big problem and he found a few shits, but finally the problem was due to an incomplete installation and the few shits were pointless adwares and stuff.
:mrhat:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Norton is like Hitler; big words, but in the end kills itself.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

That's right what TJ said I promise since my computer got destroyed by that fag anti virus.
ToMaT
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Bismuth wrote:You know what? I have no antivirus installed on my computer. And you know what? I have it since September 2007 and I haven't got anything close to a virus. Well, I admit my father made a scan of my comp one time when I had had a big problem and he found a few shits, but finally the problem was due to an incomplete installation and the few shits were pointless adwares and stuff.
I had to install AVG because I had problems with a worm called Brontok X. I was not proud of me, getting a worm on my comp, but I found out that it was actually my brother's fault: he had it and it spreads by sharing files in a network. Fucker.
:mrhat:
benson
Kuski

Post by benson »

now i am using linux, so absolutely no need for any anti-virus programs..

when i was using windows, i didn't get any anti-virus softwares, just because the virus are so obvious to prevent..
i only installed ad-aware at that time because the malwares are easier to be installed in the computer..
the most important issue is how you use the computer and the sense of security
Hoping Elma can spread in Hong Kong... but... nearly impossible
[JAB] TT: 53:57:14...