1 wheel brake?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

nioreh
Kuski

1 wheel brake?

Post by nioreh »

For me both brake and brake alias brakes both wheels but I have seen undisputable one wheel brakes, where only the back wheel is being braked. I did search the lauta and the google but they did not yield. I would like to play around with some 1 wheel breakage. Help a brother out?
If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: 1 wheel brake?

Post by pawq »

theres no thing like 1 wheel brake :PP the thing youve seen was probably a slide, when one wheel actually braked and the otehr one behaved like not brakin, shit happens :PP
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

If you're driving facing left, just do a right volt before you start braking. If your left wheel is in the air the brake on that wheel won't affect you.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Snaddle hacked the game to brake with only one wheel, was pretty funny :)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
nioreh
Kuski

Post by nioreh »

nioreh wrote:but I have seen undisputable one wheel brakes
Pawq wrote:the thing youve seen was probably a slide, when one wheel actually braked and the otehr one behaved like not brakin, shit happens :PP
As I said undisputable one wheel brakes. So lets cut to the chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHb5Lz-oJNI

Theres all sorts of elma shit on the tube but I think we can establish that this video is the real deal, at least thats what the community seems to think: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... t=team+epo

So about the one wheel brakes: it first becomes apparent in Ravens Tag replay, that he sometimes brakes only the back wheel and sometimes both wheels, and then you can see it in Labyrinth very clearly aswell (and probably his other replays but Im too lazy to check).

So as I see it there are 3 possible explanations:
  • Raven has a one wheel brake
    Its a video rendering issue
    Its a known bug
We can shoot down the video rendering issue explanation because:
  • Talli never brakes just one wheel (I think... I have not thorougly examined it)
    Sometimes he brakes both wheels
    Its also stupid, because its probably just recordings from inside Jappes own elma?
Also if it was a known bug, I assume you would have said that that could be what I saw. Maybe thats what you did, but it happens so often (and only in Ravens recs) that it couldnt be a "shit happens" thing.

And if it was a cheat, he would be busto because so many knowledgable people have seen the video.

So Im clueless. What is it?
nioreh
Kuski

Post by nioreh »

Mawane wrote:Snaddle hacked the game to brake with only one wheel, was pretty funny :)
If its a hack then why is it in Ravens WR recs in that video? I looked through the comments on the video and the thread but no one seems to mention this. It seems like at least someone should have asked about it in the time that has passed since the posting of the video.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I cannot find your one wheel brake in Tag? Can you give me a time estimate?
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
nioreh
Kuski

Post by nioreh »

Everytime Raven looses contact between wheels & ground is a good time estimate. The back wheel stops spinning, whilst the front wheel keeps its rotation. I guess thats some kind of known bug?

Edit: and it happens to Talli too. 8:13 is probably the clearest example.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Really it makes miniscule difference but yes, it is a good question.

One possible exlanation is that Raven turns kuski around, gasses, and turns around again. It's quite a common technique to control the bike with precision for smoothness (which would be extra common in wr recs)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Why couldn't it just be a .rec bug? We've all seen odder bugs in .rec files. Also, it seems to occur only when both wheels take off from ground and nowhere else, so they wouldn't even get any benefit from it, unless you can tell us how.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

One-wheel brake sounds pretty cool if you still could brake with 2 wheels too. I think it would really allow some new elma dimensions. At least there would be better bounces (especially at higher speeds) because then it doesn't matter if the front wheel touches the ground? I would vote for 1-wheel brake over left alo.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

that talli's zigzag rec is ok, backwheel didnt stop, only it turned with teh same frequency (or multiplier of) as teh framerate
[carebox]
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

that's simple: imagine a car which is driving to 1 wheel rotation per hundred of second in the air
if you record the replay with 30 fps, it will take all the frames of the wheel with same angle, so it will look like not rotating
but when the wheel is driving on the ground, rotation speed depends and varies, so we see the wheel spinning

and Snaddle's hacks havent been public, he just made himself them for fun and to entertain people
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

milagros wrote:that talli's zigzag rec is ok, backwheel didnt stop, only it turned with teh same frequency (or multiplier of) as teh framerate
This. If you look carefully, you'll see that it's still spinning very slowly as well.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

HAHAAASAASHAADAGSDFNG
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

quote quote quote everyone, this is the answer. By the way, I suppose everyone has noticed some time that when a car is going around 100-120 kph and accelerating slowly, you can see the wheels appearing to turn backwards fast, then slower, then they stop and turn forward faster and faster. It's because your brain catches about 25 fps and when the wheels are well aligned, abracadabra!
:mrhat:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

25fps? lal.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

no? thought it was like 20-30, something like that. Eyes get like 2xx, brain catches about 10%.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The eye thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_per_ ... eye_see.3F
The rotation thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon-wheel_effect

And as for the topic, it is not possible, without cheating, to brake wheels independently.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i thought this was a load of crap at first. but how the hell does the front wheel keep moving after the back wheel stops due to break in midair? is it some fps thing? it doesnt seem to happen in any other replays from talli in the same video or from any other replay anywhere that i know of.
God Bless America
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

For me, it does happen that wheels don't stop completely when I tap break very quickly. But one wheel only...? Don't know.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

huh, it was said atleast 3 times already in this topic, just read it ;x