Unofficial patches

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Unofficial patches

Post by Abula »

Many people has thought if they should use 1.11h or 1.11hb. They are unofficial patches which means they are not programmed by Balázs, the official author and owner of the Elasto Mania.

Those patches are coded by Hibernatus, a frech player. Also MGen (Hungarian, like Balázs too) has made some bug fixes. Both of them are working in anti-cheating group. Their emails:
- bob.ricard6@caramail.com (Hibernatus)
- mgen@freemail.hu (MGen)

Balázs refused to give any official opinion about the patches and therefore the decission is kind of left to us (the scene). We on Moposite were thinking this issue hard and long. We really hope that we made the right decission when spreading the patch through our site (after GuyB and dz).

Everybody will make the deciossion themselves whether to use it or not. For rookie players it don't offer any essential features to get better times, there are no any super boost or something. I mean without the patch you still are able to get great times, but for professional players the alovolt feature is important (when every 0,01 is needed). Alovolt key lets you to make a supervolt without a normal volt beforehand by pressing only one key. Share your thoughts about the alovolt in the specific topics under General discussion. Brieftly: alovolt was already included to the game but for some people it was easier to make than for others depending on the hardware. With 1.11h(b) patch it's equal easy for everybody.

1.11h (the correct version of it) and 1.11hb are allowed to use in all Moposite compos (WRs, World Cups, Kinglist and so on).

So far I know no one who isn't using these.

Related links:
- Do you use alovolt or 1.11h patch in WCup?
- Alovolt internals
- Appreciation for 1.11h
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
marty
Kuski

Post by marty »

good choice.
eh.
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

OMG, Abula you could have told me about that forum. LOL, i think i'm a bit implied :)
New versions are on their ways, but i don't spend much time in them (hopefully mgen and milagros will work on new features too when they've finished their anticheat job), and i don't have internet at home. So don't count on me too much.

Btw, hello world. It's been +3 months. :)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

You told me "Don't speak about Elma to me." so I didn't.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

That was the email of when i was drunk :)

Hey, why did you give my address, then? :)

Anyway, i really care less and less about elma itself, but patching it... damn, sometimes it's fun :) And right now i have more time than, let's say, from march to december. So kuskis should give me ideas right now, then it will be too late.
Who knows, it might be my last come back before 2004. :roll:
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

last week i really didn't have time to play/patch/cheat
so hib still rules most
[carebox]
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

Well i hope you'll rule soon, because i'm already running out of time, my next week end is already shrinking. On saturday i'll be busy. And the next week end (8 feb) i won't be home at all.
Anyway, i'll try to finish a new patch (don't know when, hopefully for monday).
I can announce a few features:
- Option to use the default ground/sky textures in any lev.
- Resolution changing. 1024*768 for example. Any resolution is possible (tell me the maximum you want, there is a memory problem of course, i think 1280*960 is good). It will be applied on every part of the game, even the editor.
- Zooming. I need to expand a few buffers because levs are limited to 12000 lines (in pixels), it's a bit complicated, but i think i'll do it. I don't think i will zoom any bitmaps (pictures and objects). It's still very good looking, believe me :)
- Navigator size: that will be usefull in 1024*768 :)
- Navigator zoom.
- Maybe options to remove "lev-packs", "about 1.11h" in the main menu, because some people complain.
- Maybe a better fast search function... Maybe.
- Maybe the fast search also in the editor.

I have made a program to export/import resources. That means you can import your own internal levs, change the sounds, change the menu pictures, etc.
I have written the lev to leb converter (external lev to internal lev).
Also, i have written the .abc format. So if a programmer wants to make a font editor for elma, please contact me.
For example he can make a simple program that imports/exports bmp files without even displaying them. That would be enough.

You won't see those programs/patches right after i finish them, because this time we'll do some beta testing *before* the public release :)
But "soon" is still a suited word.
Toaster
Kuski

Post by Toaster »

Hibernatus wrote:- Maybe the fast search also in the editor.
I need this... :!:
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Toaster wrote:
Hibernatus wrote:- Maybe the fast search also in the editor.
I need this... :!:
Not necassry when using dz's batching system !
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

Hmm i've been pretty fast, but i've spent the worst Sunday in my whole life :)

The patch is ready, it's on a CD in my pocket. I now need to find a CDROM drive connected to the internet :)

Features:
All what i announced.

Also, the fast search is now much better (you type several letters), and works in the editor.

Zoom 1.5 in 1024*768 rox! I can't play in 640*480 anymore, it's too ugly.
Also i've added an interpolation for the objects (apples, flowers, killers), but not the other bitmaps (trees etc.). So in low detail video mode, the zoom is good for playing :) Just change default.lgr if you want to play with high details.

The elma.res editor is ready for a release, because spreading a pack doesn't mean spreading elma.res (= "warez"). Not much, but it was necessary.

Beta testers will get all that stuff today or tomorrow i think.
Others... soon.

/edit: i forgot: finally those apples can stop moving up and down. i hated that so i'm glad i added that option :) well, you'll see all that when i make the release...
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

OMG Hibernatus, what can I say, great work ok! :)
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

so u see more of the level in high res? it's big change.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

yep, it rox.
i've also added an option to center the camera. when you see a big part of the lev it makes watching replays cooler.
and with zoom 0.1 you see the whole level while the tiny kuski drives :)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

rulez stuff, but many ppl can think it's cheat. if i install elma again it will rule to watch whole level on replay yay
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Yes, that feature is a bit cheat0rish
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

will the mopsite host this patch or will i have to ask someone nice later

oh and that warez thing shouldnt matta caus anyone can get elma if they are connected to the net at any time, you search for it on imesh and you get about 100 results,
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

how's this 5min limit for .rec files.... Expand that next.... that we can have longer recs
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

omg that sounds like elma heaven i cant wait to try
TT= 38 somethin
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

I've sseen the prints of high resolution ;))

soo c0ol to see merge-recs cus u can see like whole AppleHarvets in the screen with high resolution!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I think high resolution is, as I've said before, a bit cheat0rish. In high speed and intensity levs, where there are crucial points, you get a lot more time to react with high resolution.
Rules | FAQ
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

yeah and fast search menu is a bit cheatoris... You will find the right level or rec you want to play or watch much faster!!! that means you have more time to höyl and more to watch recs!!!!!!!!!

What about default ground and sky? lol,old downhill WR's were made with distrubing backgrounds,they are not so worthy after this. Yes I know there's already version out that can change backgrounds ,but it's pure cheating,how can you let this happen?

I'm sure abula will betatest the new patch for soo long time and show pics and things about it and tell how cool it is. Anyway the truth is,that they are all cheating and if that patch is applied,I will ask if statediting will apply too. At least I know abula wants to use his powers and betatest the patch as long as possible. And for me,if the patch isn't coming this week,I don't even see it. But after all what it has,I think the patch won't make it,since it's all cheating
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

I've made a beta version that could be used as a "public beta version".
That means it includes instructions about how to be a good beta tester and a reminder instead of the "Thank you for registering" message.
Also, i've made the grass work better with zooms and i've changed a little something in resedit (i'll try to send that to you abula).
I've had bugs with elma 1.2 but i can't know if it's because of my patch, because my computer crashes and makes fatal errors with anything (and more often with wdasm; understand my pain...). I should buy some good quality memory, but it costs. And maybe it's another problem? I'll reinstall everything when i have an internet connection.
The crash i got with elma was due to a NULL pointer on a DDraw surface. I don't understand how it happened. Either a buffer overflow (very unlikely, it's far from my buffers), or a bad address due to a typo (if so, why did it happen only once?), or simply a problem with directx when elma called restore() or something like that (i hope so).

Well i'm waiting for beta testers' bug reports, they will be more interesting than my own :)

One bug that should be ignored: "7yces" (internal error message), when a grass polygon is too far from a normal polygon. That one is "normal". It will be explained in elma12.txt.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

hibernatus... send the public beta test version to me vn@dr.com thanks..or are you gonna upload it somewhere?

Use PM - MagnusB
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

SveinR wrote:I think high resolution is, as I've said before, a bit cheat0rish. In high speed and intensity levs, where there are crucial points, you get a lot more time to react with high resolution.
Especially in multi mode.
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

onlainari wrote: What about default ground and sky? lol,old downhill WR's were made with distrubing backgrounds,they are not so worthy after this.

SO FUCKING TRUEE!!! DAMN good point!!!

AND!!!->>> u see better how the landing should be, like pajen's rec in Downhill he needed experiens and luck with right arrow klick!!!
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

Why were old wrs made with original background?? LGR Developement Kit is out since a long-long time, so in about 2 mins time you can make an lgr which is ok for it. It's ez!
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

and there is some prog to change backround/ground in certain level
[carebox]
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Now it's your time to affect to Elma future. Share your opinions. When Balázs isn't available the decission is kind of let to us. We on Moposite doesn't want to make any big decissions alone which can be destroy the scene...
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

we at nibiruan council think that an author at moposite is violating the elma game with false programmers ,but I can point out that it didn't just start a while ago
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I think this new patch( cheat as onla says) won't ruin anything, only makes elma a little bit different to play, but hey, changes are not always bad, and it won't be much easier to get a wr or something, only maybe in multi, but that is just good news, coz there will be more ppl to play multi! So go on with testing Abu!
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

And that is good news KD? Hmmm...well if they don't play multi tt.. :)
Rules | FAQ
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

I don't care, once again. It will be like alovolt. "you ruin elma"... 2 weeks later: "i can't play without it".

I put an ultimatum, if you don't accept my new patch and the effort i've put in it, i release my cheat, and it's the end of elma.
lol, just kidding. I guess abula believed it, i don't know why he thinks i'm the devil :)

About elma1.2, i have added an option to prevent you from forgetting to save your best time replay.
It was probably the last feature.

If Abula hasn't found bugs yet, i will release the public beta version.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

At least change the name to 1.2h (h stands for Hibermatus' unofficial patches) or something and always when you change something edit that, or at least the zip name. You should know why.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

It's not really like alovolt, 'cause that already was possible to do in the game. But I bet the feature will be really cool though 8)
Rules | FAQ
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

Abula: in the public beta version i've already decided to use elma12.exe instead of elma.exe, and i use intro12.pcx instead of intro.pcx. I'll call it 1.2h if you want. But balazs can't call his next patch 1.2 unless he updates elma.res :)

SveinR: aaah, this is the SveinR i knew. "But I bet the feature will be really cool though". (i miss that thumb up smiley, abula should add it to mopolauta).
hmm just found that one: :beer: for SveinR.

Across already allowed several resolutions and zooms. Elastomania's lack of visibility is not on purpose (that's why there is a navigator). So, even if i make the game a little easier (exactly as with the alovolt, it's a bit easier but you can't do anything new), you will all love it, and it is a *good* evolution (unless it's bugged of course).

People who asked me for a beta version will soon be able to download it. I just need to find a cdrom drive connected to the internet once again :) Or maybe i can find a cdrom drive connected to a floppy drive, and then i'll come back here with my floppy disk, lol :)
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

http://membres.lycos.fr/realathlon/pv/Elma12.sfx.exe
http://membres.lycos.fr/realathlon/pv/Lev2Leb.sfx.exe
http://membres.lycos.fr/realathlon/pv/ResEdit.sfx.exe

The final version will be released through GuyB's site when the beta testing seems ok (if GuyB is ok).

Have fun.
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Hib congratulations, this is awesome :D
Very useful new functions, playing is very different when i play in high resolution and/or low zoom, and of course high zoom is very funny too!
Thank You Very Much!

jcl
the weed fan club
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

links, doesn't work, hib.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

http://membres.lycos.fr/realathlon/pv

go to that page to get the files kopaka!

nice work hib...we need your skills at our nhl94 emulator rom project :p
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

alternative download urls:

http://www.solveggen.org/Elma12.sfx.exe
http://www.solveggen.org/ResEdit.sfx.exe
http://www.solveggen.org/Lev2Leb.sfx.exe

also, you use this in wcup etc at your own risk. like hib said, it's BETA ok.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

thanks.

I forgot to say something VERY IMPORTANT:

If you agree with george w bush, you are not allowed to use my patch.
I know a country that has massive destruction weapons for sure, kills some of its citizens (for "justice") and doesn't care about the internationnal laws.
Why don't we attack the USA, then?

End ot the message.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The features were indeed cool Hib.... :)

And maybe not THAT much of an advantage..but a bit
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

LOL hibernatus, and I do NOT agree with bush.

btw, that thingie that does that it gives an real error message instead of just saying Internal error is VERY good.
It helped me to make my lgr working, because it said which picture that was making it 'not working' :lol2: thanks
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

its cool i liked the new patch. i played aropund with it centered camera is weird playing with. but cool watching replays with. i like the .2 zoom thing i almost did the headbanger pipe with it on but its hard.

but 0.1 zoom wouldnt work so that could be a problem
TT= 38 somethin
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

juish, i guess you used a mavigator zoom > 1.
new elmaconf will not allow that.
Toaster
Kuski

Niz00r

Post by Toaster »

Damm Nize work Hiberantus ( But the secret sign thing is stupid now :( )
Mick
Kuski

Post by Mick »

all the pictues dont work on my elma when i use different settings.

other than that, great patch hib :*. you is teh rocxs.
team EM - why not ok?
GuyB
Donator duck

Post by GuyB »

Hibernatus wrote:
The final version will be released through GuyB's site when the beta testing seems ok (if GuyB is ok).

Of course it is ok 8)
It will be an honour

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
Toaster
Kuski

Post by Toaster »

Mick wrote:all the pictues dont work on my elma when i use different settings.

other than that, great patch hib :*. you is teh rocxs.
It Works fine with me, until I use the Zoom
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

zoom is choice on levels like warm up caus you kno all the polygons, now it just a mata of getting it rite and by seeing it that close makes it kinda easier, and hib is the man
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]