World Cup 6

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

berhabdul
Banned

World Cup 6

Post by berhabdul »

I have a question... Will there be World Cup 6? I'm in two minds now, dunno if its tabu or sth but i want to officially ask though, and if not, why? And can we do anything to make it held if not?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If we pay px two grant maybe.
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

I'm still waiting for my WC5-prize :roll:
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Jalli wrote:I'm still waiting for my WC5-prize :roll:
Donations...

And btw, give px a break. It's only 8 months since wcup5 ended, and between wcup4 and wcup5 there was more than two years pause.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Wait for Elasto Mania 2 `more elastic than ever´ to come.

Then ez start WC6 `harder than ever´!

go Moposite! (more vegetables, Paprika! Tomato!)
Elasto Mania - ez better
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Elma 2 will be a major event in history- If it comes out this year or next- I'll try hardest to ace it in WC6! :wink:
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Why not someone else take up holding WC this year? Lack of WC is really a sign of falling apart our community. Please organize it, please!
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

berhabdul wrote:Why not someone else take up holding WC this year? Lack of WC is really a sign of falling apart our community. Please organize it, please!
what the fuck are you on about you twat! if wcup started now who would play?! i think most people still feel quite saturated from last wcup, atleast i do. you know some of us just play way too much elma during such a cup. i was just about to write that maybe an anual world cup would be ok, but then i checked the world cup 5 start date and realized its soon been a year, so my answer is: no. really for the wcup to stay special, it being a biennial event is just fine for me, and i think for a lot of other older players. but of course other peoples opinion would be interesting.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i'm not skilled enough yet:/
[carebox]
Fluff
39mins club

Post by Fluff »

J-sim wrote:
berhabdul wrote:Why not someone else take up holding WC this year? Lack of WC is really a sign of falling apart our community. Please organize it, please!
what the fuck are you on about you twat! if wcup started now who would play?! i think most people still feel quite saturated from last wcup, atleast i do. you know some of us just play way too much elma during such a cup. i was just about to write that maybe an anual world cup would be ok, but then i checked the world cup 5 start date and realized its soon been a year, so my answer is: no. really for the wcup to stay special, it being a biennial event is just fine for me, and i think for a lot of other older players. but of course other peoples opinion would be interesting.
agree with J-sim, played this cup like hell and couldnt bare elma after due to too much hoyling(i however played tapc). I hardly come back on internals so let's wait one more year :)
Last edited by Fluff on 18 Apr 2006, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
AC member | Team TT = 37:5x,xx || TT = 39:15.61/ avgTT = 40:09,776 |
updated 12/13/2006 8.23pm
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I agree with J-sim. Myself, and I'm guessing a whole lot others, don't want to have to play another wcup yet. And, someone else arranging wcup? Bah.
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Maybe just someone else to choose levels :lol:
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Omg, such unpleasant answers :(. I thought every Kuski is after World Cup, i knwo it's hard both to organize and to play it, but it's traditional, and it's a sign of that something is really going on on the scene...
I know it's hard, and px is probably tired, but maybe let someone else to hold it this year, maybe let it for someone who has really got time and wants to put any effort to make it successful. There are some people like that, I know that it's not that ez, and i'll be probably shouted at myself by Kuskis, but if it consisted of only 10 events, i think it wasn't be that hard to make it, maybe it would start in July then? Maybe just it's better to choose one or group of people, equip them with scripts, tools, and ehh,,, Isn't there any chance?
Fluff
39mins club

Post by Fluff »

dame cant u just understand that eventho there'll be a wcup, I, and it seems that im not alone, wouldnt be so motivated to play teh coz of teh reasons we gave u above !!!? now plz shate and pray for a wcup next year...its not even sure there'll be one.
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

SveinR wrote:I agree with J-sim. Myself, and I'm guessing a whole lot others, don't want to have to play another wcup yet. And, someone else arranging wcup? Bah.
^^ True. If wcup is not arranged by moposite crew, it´s not a wcup.
belele
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Fluff wrote:dame cant u just understand that eventho there'll be a wcup, I, and it seems that im not alone, wouldnt be so motivated to play teh coz of teh reasons we gave u above !!!? now plz shate and pray for a wcup next year...its not even sure there'll be one.
So you think that hardly anyone will play, french bitch? You are completely wrong and suck my dick
Fluff
39mins club

Post by Fluff »

berhabdul wrote:
Fluff wrote:dame cant u just understand that eventho there'll be a wcup, I, and it seems that im not alone, wouldnt be so motivated to play teh coz of teh reasons we gave u above !!!? now plz shate and pray for a wcup next year...its not even sure there'll be one.
So you think that hardly anyone will play, french bitch? You are completely wrong and suck my dick
seems that u got my point but why insulting? cant u talk normally without deviating into a slang language? :lol:
edit: oh btw, what does my nationality come into this? :D
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

obviously i wouldnt say no to a wcup this summer.. simply cause im a fucking addict and i have nothing to do in the summer. but it just wouldnt be wcup if ppl like jsim (who did well in last) and fluff (who did well and COULDVE done much better :P) dont compete, since a lot of other people would undoubtedly feel the same way and there wouldnt be much of a turnout

however, i would like there to be confirmation of a 2007 wcup, id be max looking forward to it. dont be in such a rush to play wcup berh, i realize you havent participated in one before, and though it is really enjoyable, you should give yourself a year to improve a lot more.. maybe join a good team to share and discuss styles with. if you play it now as a noob you'll regret it a year later knowing you have to wait yet another year to participate again
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Omg jaytea, u are soooo wise :) Yes, you are right...

I'm only jealous for your totally free summer 8)

edit: I just want to say that not playing is important for me in Wcup, but just observating it, statistics, pure nice levels, sexy hoyled, to the max, replays, this tension, this wcupish smell around the scene, and you know, these maps everywhere, team job, replays changing, and so on, and of course wcup is a great sign that our scene, community is alive and it will be alive within at least next one year, to be honest, i really doubt whether i would be playing in wcup, but just get my point, as i love our community, scene, i love when something that nice is happening
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

berhabdul wrote: to be honest, i really doubt whether i would be playing in wcup
No wonder you don't understand how we feel then.

To me it seems like wcup5 just ended. And there will be other cups for you this year anyway, Master Cup 2 for instance..
Rules | FAQ
Phillip
Kuski
Team: TP

Post by Phillip »

Hey, olympic games are arranged every 4th year for a reason.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Well, host hoylas have a Love-Hate relationship with wcup. To do good you need to play too much. And you don´t wanna play if you don´t care to do good. So: if you play you have to play much!

I understand why ppl don´t want a cup yet (eventhough I never played a whole cup trough). Still I think, if the WCup would be arranged (let´s say after the summer) the top kuskis would play anyway. If there is a WCup ppl will play it. Though, maybe more players wouldn´t last troughout the whole cup if not determined enough... still, ppl will play if there is a WCup.

And, it´s not like Poland can decide: Hey, lets have Summer Olympics 2007!

WCup was "invented" and hosted by Moposite (PeXis Across site?). Unless Moposite decides otherwise it will continue to be hosted by Moposite!

My personal opinion: No matter what year to start a WCup I just don´t get why start it before summer because summer is the time when there´s allways other fun stuff to do! In summer you don´t care for Elma!
Elasto Mania - ez better
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Please no world cup ;( i can live without the harsh realisation of just how much i do actually suck for another year thank you very much
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Re: World Cup 6

Post by Polarix »

Ok so now its 4 years later, and its about time doing anything

Is it really obligatoric that it must be abule or px that makes these cups? Do they have anything to do with elma nowdays anyway?!
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

a bule prolly not, px watches wrs :) i guess the thing is that we are far from sure that a world cup organised by someone else would be the same as the one hosted by The Crew... Just look at the standings etc on the greenish mopo background. if one was at least close to a wc happening, they know what it means and 'tears' or maybe rather thrills of longing come without asking

i personally think ab&px would just agree on handing the thing to zebra (doubt anyone else is prepared not only technically, but also mentally as a non-controversial, scene-respecting icon) provided there are fulfilled certain conditions like various levels, objectively chosen from the set of sent, or punctual events timing.

nevertheless we are still (maybe wrongly) frightened that if the needed tension fails to turn up, the big undertaking will turn into a sorry flop and that would be a huge blow not to the scene itself, but to the contest glory which have been firm and had been built years ago

finally there's an issue while being quite a sad one, that we are always trying to cover by silence but face it or not, some of the legends, or even half-legends we do expect to follow our trip are busy with science, work, love, some bring up new parts of their families thus there suddenly arise new queries whether we shall shorten it to 7-8 events what in turn would be followed by a question whether that is a wc or what, whereas even though (in wc5 playing time has had an already measurable significance) the unit's playing time would be a massive results factor

i think i got what's on minds if not Zweq surely correctly corrects:)
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Nice post berhabdul, keep it up like that man!

But what do you think about my donation idea?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i'm sorry to completely abolish your way of thinking, but that's definitely a wrong way and i'd be actually foolish if i explained why money shouldn't be involved in such a way.

enough to say some people just won't do it for let's say a random reason and that is already against the 'mopo certain conditions'

example: once there was an idea to make a finnish invite-only meeting held under the FEM banner. Abula instantly and strongly stated that the FEM is (as defined) open for anyone who pays the entrance-fee (but in this case for obvious reasons needed) and the name cannot be misused
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

My main concern is that Abula hasn't posted a single time in this topic or this topic for 4 years... i don't know if it's a lack of interest or a lack of time or any lack of anything but i would greatly appreciate his input (as for px's). If only we had a clear answer from pabulax, then we could decide if we organize the whole project with or without him (them).
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I think aboula and/or px are not going to host it soon enough for our generation to enjoy it. They will most likely do the records and moposite first (which should take about two/three weeks if you work a little every day) - and that has taken a few years... But yes, it would be nice to hear what they have to say. If they say no then I definately think we should arrange it by ourselves!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

niN wrote:I think aboula and/or px are not going to host it soon enough for our generation to enjoy it. They will most likely do the records and moposite first (which should take about two/three weeks if you work a little every day) - and that has taken a few years... But yes, it would be nice to hear what they have to say. If they say no then I definately think we should arrange it by ourselves!
Amen
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

fully agree with Nin and himself with he help of maybe one or two others is probably the person for the job if he is up to it.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

A king once have to die
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

The_BoneLESS wrote:My main concern is that Abula hasn't posted a single time in this topic or this topic for 4 years... i don't know if it's a lack of interest or a lack of time or any lack of anything but i would greatly appreciate his input (as for px's). If only we had a clear answer from pabulax, then we could decide if we organize the whole project with or without him (them).
Anyone asked abula on #across or just sent him a message asking to respond in one of the World Cup 6 threads? Anyone sent him an e-mail? If yes - what was the answer, if not can someone politely doteh?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I sent abu a few emails about diffrent things, one of them was with a few questions about the EMD. He never replied.

EDIT: in case of no abu or px to host it, I don't think I'm the right guy to do it. Don't get me wrong, it would be a great honour and I would do my very best, but I've never played a WCUP so maybe I would miss some nostalgianism or something.
no-buddy
Kuski

Post by no-buddy »

niN: just study WCup3 and you're okay.

http://www.moposite.com/downloads/wcups ... 3_levs.zip
http://www.moposite.com/downloads/wcups ... p03_01.txt

That's where the original spirit of it came from, IMO.
Subsequent world cups were mostly unrefined juice. ;)
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Yes well, I studied all WCUPs while making the prep work for the EMD, so I got the main ideas, but I'm talking about some nostalgia which might be loss (I wouldn't know what I'm talking about though since, well, I've never had the opportunity to participate), at least some veterans would maybe think so.

nevertheless I wouldn't say no to an offer from the community.
no-buddy
Kuski

Post by no-buddy »

like i said, you're a great guy.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Nin, things change with time. Besides, many of your cups and compos have been succesfull. You might be the person that should make a Wcup. Perhaps some veterans could join, for that nostalgia case.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

So is it going to start in June...right :?:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

go for july, i am away the first half of june.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I don't think it is going to start in anywhere near future, if ever ?
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

not with that attitude... but ya I don't see it ever happening with abula or px again that is why initiative by Nin is good.
Religious Man
||
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Nin, when is it starting?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Nin & Mawane & Igge

Ultra World Cup 6 starts on 17th July
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Kuskies, as Memphis said now, get up the fucking attitude!
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

:D
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

no point in having a new world cup when diplomas for the last one still haven't been sent out :cry:
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

still waiting for teh eh?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

good time now to discuss this i guess. :)
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

If this happens may i make a level?
TT= 38 somethin