IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

insane guy
Kuski

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by insane guy »

after looking at Johns first post I checked my imdb list and I must say: I fail. Not that I don't rate much at all nowadays, also I have to correct like 50% of the votes. Saw 2 - 7/10 ???

wtf
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

American Graffiti - 4/10
I both do and don't understand the high IMDb rating. It was a nicely scripted movie and might be entertaining if you grew up in the 60's when this film takes place but I found it pretty boring myself. In the middle of the movie I was thinking of not putting any higher than 3/10 but it managed to pick up an extra grade towards the end. Ron Howard in front of the camera is the most annoying thing I've seen since Grand Theft Auto... ah ye, that was Ron Howard too... :x
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Election (2005) : 6.5/10
Rival gang leaders are locked in a struggle to become the new chairman of Hong Kong's Triad society. This is basically a classic gangster movie, much like movies like The Godfather and Goodfellas but, asian. It has a somewhat slow pace (at least compared to most action movies) and maybe that because it's not exactly an action movie, it's more of an action drama. There is also very few scenes where there actually is violence but these scenes are brutally well done (don't expect "Hostel" brutal, but brutal for a casual movie-goer) and these scenes are quite satisfying because they really help the movie to pick-up some pace and rhythm. I watched the movie in chinese (cantonese?) and it was quite interesting. Of course, my attention was often drawn to the subtitles so i might have missed some details but it felt like a good movie but nothing that exciting. I've read that Election 2 is actually a way better movie and that watching the first one might be a good idea before watching the second installment, so i did. Will try to get my hands on the second movie soon.

The Simpsons Movie (2007) : 9/10
After Homer accidentally pollutes the town's water supply, Springfield is encased in a gigantic dome by the EPA and the Simpsons family are declared fugitives. This is simply a great movie and it only gets better on the second viewing. Everything about this movie is awesome; the story is clever, the jokes are funny, the movie is visually great. It's just everything i was expecting from the Simpson franchise, associated in my mind with the word quality. And unlike cartoon-based movies like Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, The Simpsons Movie doesn't feel like "just one longer" episode, it feels like a movie and it's awesome. See it if you haven't already!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

the simpson movie was pretty disappointing, i think.

only funny bit i found was spider pig.
mcleod
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Toy Story 3 - 8/10
Entertaining and heart warming sequel that doesn't disappoint.

The Notebook - 6/10
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Heart warming? I cried like a total nab
:mrhat:
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The Last Song (2010) - 9/10

Hævnen (2010) - 7/10

The Graduate (1967) - 5/10
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Youth in Revolt (2009) - 7/10
I Love You Phillip Morris (2009) - 5/10
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Gauntlet - 6/10
Nice movie to see when eating hangover pizza
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

No spoilers please but I was wondering if it is neccessary for me to rewatch Toy Story 1 and 2 before seeing the third one? It must have been somewhere between 5 and 10 years since I saw ToyStore 1 so I can't remember anything.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Could be useful, but not necessary, as long as you get the idea (they are andy's toys and stuff). But they pwn so why not
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Inception - 10/10
fuck off
39:37,91
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Xarthok wrote:Inception - 10/10
fuck off
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

The Last Airbender (2010) - 1/10
Went to see in theatre in "3D" because my friend got free tickets. Wouldn't have watched it otherwise. We had to see the German dubbed version, so for me any piece of dialogue was corny and really bad, please tell me if original is different.

Possible SPOILERS:

Everything about this film sucked. The story, the actors, the special effects, the 3d. If something didn't suck, it was boring and if it wasn't boring it was ridiculous. Most of the time it was all at once. Everything was ripped off somewhere, too. I seriously felt bad for the people paying 13€ admission for this film. Have fun with the other two parts...

The scene where the fire guy-son lights the ground with his torch in that temple, oh man, I hate people who laugh in the theatre when the scene is supposed to be serious, but I just couldn't help. By that time I had long given up hope for this film anyway.

Best part of whole theatre event was a nice Warsteiner (beer) 3d commercial.

btw. I did not really watch the anime series, which seemed kinda nice, so if anyone could catch me up how that translates to the film, would be nice.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Ye, definitely not expecting much from The Last Airbender either :/ You should see Toy Story 3 in 3D though insguy

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - 5/10
Liked it more than the original Resident Evil, I think... Pretty random votes but probably 4 to weak 5 on both. Liked the city environment more than the lab environment. Tomorrow I'll see Resident Evil: Extinction (borrowed all three movies from a co-worker) and then I'm all set for Resident Evil: Afterlife on the 17th.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Fallen (1998) : 8/10
Homicide detective John Hobbes witnesses the execution of serial killer Edgar Reese. Soon after the execution the killings start again, and they are very similar to Reese's style. I stumbled upon this movie on tv a few nights ago and strangely enough, i simply couldn't get myself off the couch. I just had to finish the movie. The introduction was intriguing, the story and intrigue were somewhat keeping me on the edge of my seat and the tone of the film seemed just right. There were many religious and philosophical elements thoughout the movie (well, the plot itself revolves around religion, afterlife and devils) and they were really well put to use to create some great drama and a quite thrilling film. Denzel Washington delievers a solid performance (as usual) and the rest of the cast is very good. Can't really remember anything i disliked about the movie which must be a good thing. Was somewhat reminiscent of the film Se7en. Good film.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

John wrote:Ye, definitely not expecting much from The Last Airbender either :/ You should see Toy Story 3 in 3D though insguy
3D isn't particularly worth it, but the movie is awesome indeed.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Salt - 6/10
Quite nice actually.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

boring for me, nothing new
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Four Lions - 6/10
Started off only so-so but several funny and ridiculous scenes later 6/10 feels justified. Controversial subject tho.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Wall Street - 5/10
Don't really have an interest in stock exchange and such. Didn't connect with story.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Vote for Pedro - 5/10

Was quite funny, some entertaining late night movie, but sometimes a bit too random
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

You mean Napoleon Dynamite?
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I guess :D
actually I watched it yesterday because some people were watching it, missed the first few minutes and stuff, didn't know the exact title
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

teh intro is AWESOME. You missed a lot :(( For me that movie is 10/10
I've seen it like 10 times...
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Videodrome (1983): 7.6/10
A sleazy cable-TV programmer begins to see his life and the future of media spin out of control in a very unusual fashion when he acquires a new kind of programming for his station. While i did not fully (neither partially) understand the story of this film, it was nonetheless a great film. It was borderline a horror movie but even with all the gore and violence there was, i just found myself captivated in the twisted tale of Max (James Woods) not knowing what was real or not. The movie is quite complicated and i won't even bother trying to explain it but what amazed me was the director's vision of technology, medias and how they are slowly pushing the boundaries towards removed and dark places. The movie was made in 1983 and the subject was television then but in 2010, the same matter is even more real and accurate with the internet.

Dr Oblivion: Television is reality, and reality is less than television.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

DEATH TO VIDEODROME - LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

oh and btw. Enter the Void by Gaspar Noe has (SPOILERS!) the best film intro ever!
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Expendables - 3/10
Was almost about to put 4/10, 3/10 for the movie + 1/10 for the coal cast... Seeing Stallone, Bruce Willis and Schwarzenegger in the same room was pretty coal. However, I decided to go by the feeling of "damn this action is tiresome", cuz it was.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

The Bounty Hunter (2010) - 5/10

Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages (1916) - 8/10
Extremely positively surprised by this. We had to see it in a Film history lecture. It follow four different stories, which has nothing to do with each other. In one way this is its weak point because it might aswell have been four different movies. But on the other hand it keeps if variated and interesting when it changes between the different stories. Since it's a silent film it's can be hard to follow what happens a few times, but they still manage to keep it really exciting throughout the movie, with compelling story lines. Beside good stories, it also has some amazing scenary in some of the scenes considering it's from 1916. This is not like any other silent film.

State of Play (2009) - 7/10

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) - 2/10
Uninteresting and just bad story line.

Letters to Juliet (2010) - 9/10
It had something different/fresh to it. And simply enjoyable throughout the movie.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Borat (2006): 3/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Fountain is just great. I rewatched it yesterday. Can't really put words to how I feel about it, there's just some abstract/surreal mood in it that I like. See it if you haven't already! I'm fairly sure I interpreted it in a different way yesterday compared to the first time I saw it - multiple viewings ftw.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Unthinkable (2010) 2/10
Team LOS website

-
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Killers (2010) - 5/10
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Undisputed II: Last Man Standing (2006): 7,5/10
Was kinda fun movie, but not very clever and somehow B-grade looking. But that doesn't matter. Boyka!!

Stay (2005): too much unconsistent for me. Whole story was kinda messy and nothing was explained... But actors were awesome and only because of Evan McGregor and Naomi Watts I could somehow recommend this movie. 6/10
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

Resident Evil 3D Afterlife 10/10

just saw this in 3D and since im probably the biggest Resident Evil geek around here i can only say: OMG!!! this movie was so fucking good, was so good to see Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker on screen finally :D and Milla is as hot as ever ^^
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Resident Evil 3D: Afterlife - 5/10

Nice environments, mood and color scheme. The 3D looked pretty sweet but perhaps there was a slowmotion scene too much. Could prolly shorten the movie by like half an hour if you sped up aa the slow motion scenes :P Didn't particularly like the climax tho.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009): 6/10

Not the best film by Wes Anderson so far.. :|
Team LOS website

-
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Metropolis (1927) - 3/10

How do people like the new imdb design for the movie pages? At first look it seems pretty nice I think. Only thing I dislike is that you can't see the average rating in stars after you vote yourself.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Kopaka wrote:Metropolis (1927) - 3/10

How do people like the new imdb design for the movie pages? At first look it seems pretty nice I think. Only thing I dislike is that you can't see the average rating in stars after you vote yourself.
3/10? Come on! give at least some credit to the film that made Sci-Fi (and other genres) what it is today...

Regarding your question: I use imdb almost every day and I do not notice anything different.... ?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Piranha (2010): 8/10
I have to adress something first: there was roughly 15 people in the theater and i was the only one laughing my brains off. I don't know what people were expecting here; a genuine scare? a tense horror movie? a thrilling emotional ride? Well, they were wrong and not to laugh during this movie is a true statement of how misunderstood these people were. Piranha is an exploitation movie (borderline sexploitation but not at all if you know the genre) and a damn good one if you ask me. Everything about the movie was over the top, the violence, the nudity, the piranhas and a few characters. The special effects, while cheap-looking, did the job very well. It would have been a mistake to make great CG and would have furthermore misled the casual movie-goer. As stupid as it may sound and as much as i enjoyed the Grindhouse movies from Tarantino and Rodriguez, i have to say that Piranha was a way better attempt at making an exploitation movie. This was my favorite popcorn movie of the summer and until now, i have never laughed as much in a movie theater in all my life. And if the "underwater ballet" scene doesn't make you laugh, something's wrong with you!
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Was Piranha in 3d? A buddy and I are going to go see this in theaters. Looks pretty corny but funny. I also want to see jackass 3d.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

Killers (2010) 1/10

this movie is just stupid, its a miracle i watch the whole thing. The story is the worst since Pledge This! with Paris Hilton.....
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Boomer wrote:Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009): 6/10

Not the best film by Wes Anderson so far.. :|
I thought it sucked. Not even close to charming animation, it was just ugly. The story was boring and so was the jokes. :(
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Memphis wrote:Was Piranha in 3d? A buddy and I are going to go see this in theaters. Looks pretty corny but funny. I also want to see jackass 3d.
It was a 3D movie but it was only in 2D at my theater at the time.
I guess the gratuitous nudity must be charming in 3D :wink:
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Kopaka wrote:How do people like the new imdb design for the movie pages? At first look it seems pretty nice I think. Only thing I dislike is that you can't see the average rating in stars after you vote yourself.
Jappe wrote:hate it
hate it too

Going the Distance - 6/10
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

John wrote:
Kopaka wrote:How do people like the new imdb design for the movie pages? At first look it seems pretty nice I think. Only thing I dislike is that you can't see the average rating in stars after you vote yourself.
Jappe wrote:hate it
hate it too
Ok now it changed for me, too. I don't hate it but every time a site you are very familiar with changes something it sucks. Especially if they change it to wannabe futuristic, well-structurized, round-edges asshole look.

edit: checked imdb again and now it's back to old design!? whats going on? Or is it just some pages that are new? Or am I Stupid?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

insane guy wrote:round-edges
Kill me now, please.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Watched Machete last night. OMFG what an epic awesome uber fucked up crazy rofling movie! =) Ez the funniest and best movie I've seen in a long time.

10/10
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Alien (1979) : 8/10
A mining ship, investigating a suspected SOS, lands on a distant planet. The crew discovers some strange creatures and investigates. I guess this movie couldn't hold up to all the expectations i had towards it eventhough, i might say, it was a great movie. I suppose i was awaiting a "shit-my-pants" scary movie when what i got was a "awesomely-moody" thriller with horror elements. If i had to compare it to another movie, i'd have to choose John Carpenter's "The Thing". Some elements were very similar; the strong feeling of isolation, the sudden appearance of an alien entity, the few scattered horrific scenes, etc. On another note, i think i would have liked to see more character development for the crew members, it seems like i didn't care much when one suddenly got killed. Oh, and finally, i really liked how there was no clear hero or main character until maybe the half of the movie, was quite clever.