Confession

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Smibu
Kuski

Confession

Post by Smibu »

So what has happened... yesterday I gave a link at #across for saveload. Sure, I tried to disguise myself but failed.

Why did I do it, I don't know really. Maybe I was pissed about some people having sl (like me) and some not. I felt kinda fucked up yesterday anyway.

Anyway, the purpose of this topic is not to defend myself but to let everyone know what I did.

I understand that I'm not welcome to the scene anymore and I quit Elma for now.
anpdad
38mins club

Re: Confession

Post by anpdad »

I understand that I'm not welcome to the scene anymore and I quit Elma for now.
wat? you're great guy, don't overreact like that pls. Everyone's done at least one stupid thing in their carreer, it's not that big deal, even if you think so atm.
Maybe I was pissed about some people having sl (like me) and some not.
Only complete slowpokes don't have sl (hi pawq), because it's public for like 10 days (and was in the process of making for another year and half) and everyone keeps babbling about it and spreading the link. There is no way to stop it from spreading. And well, the proggy got spread into big speedrunning/tas communities, as its' purpose is to enable TASing of windows-based applications, which was highly anticipated by many. So, it's only going to grow interest. I've heard it is detectable by standard anticheat tools. If it's true, we have little to worry about right now (if it isn't...well, pizdec upon wr-table).
Many other speedrunning communities live by hand with tas-communities and get benefit from each other. Just look at how tas and non-tas communities worked together at final fantasy 8 speedrun planning and produced two beatiful speedruns (there are tons of examples, i picked the most recent). I hope it's possible for elma too.
p.s. if mods decide to go all nazi about this post, pls don't delete it, just censore the delicate parts of it :p
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

No-one thinks you are not welcome, we still love you :beer:

Hourglass is detectable anyway, amirite? It was spread on lauta last week.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i take my post back.
it was a big deal after all.
Last edited by 8-ball on 17 Jun 2011, 15:27, edited 3 times in total.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

anpdad: he didn't paste the TAS tool, it was an edited EOL exe with one key for saving, other key for loading. so easy to use but not as pro as TAS
haha, so he shared his own sl? And didn't know about Hourglass? I see :) And i absolutely agree with everything Xarthok said.

Btw i have an idea of using this topic to make confessions about things you regret having done in the past. I have some words to say on that and will post when i come back from uni. Or is it a bad idea to hijack the topic like this?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i'm all for mass confessions. make it a sticky even!

i confess i lied my balle time in #battle in 2005 a couple times to get 2nd place :D
39:37,91
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

huj!
smibu, i've been seeking for saveload during about this year but angry cocok fucking resisted meah. I just wanted to see how does that work etc, nothing bout tajms cause i don't play ints anymore neither care bout balles. So, the only way to use saveload for me is to manage fucking awesome long cruise recs so you don't needa ride from the start each time and can make big suka coefficient (trick per frame) blah blah blah.
Apropos in two weeks or so i'm quitting elma scene for a while. I am not suar if i'll comeback when fall starts, hope nope. That's why your saveload is one of the greatest gifts for me, it can make my last two elma weeks way more bright! Hm but seems i missed the link cause ffs i don't use irc :( hope someone could send it to me via pm.
Image Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Jappe wrote:my confession is that im scruffy the janitor :O
we finally have an answer.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

So where is it? I wanna see how it works too.
I wasn't in #across
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ok, i don't spread any of the 32tt recs anymore, drive ones yourselves
[carebox]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I dont know how to put it to hugely respect your programming projects/skills and at the same time be constructively rude. But you really need to make these programming projects to actually help people and the scene, instead of trying to be better programmer than someone else (mila). This is the very impression i have got about you the past years and if it's a wrong one, I'd be very surprised. The latest 2 actions just nailed my thoughts, first hacking eol, now SL.

I dont know how old are you and hows your school etc going, but you got "good brain)" imo, everyone knows already you're smart and pro... no need to prove anything.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i want the link too :< pls pm
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Confession: I've swapped EOL accounts with other elmers on several occasions for purposes of mongoing. I'm going to hell. :(
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Cool confession! I think you are a great guy and hope you won't leave the scene. I don't know if that spreading was best thing to do, but I've always wanted to try sl and now I can so.. and if it is detectable, who cares. I just think now there should also be some public anti-cheat tools to detect it, or as some wise mans said in #across, maybe some API on moposite if not want to gief the actual tool.

Ok, my confession is: A long long time ago I noticed there were few holes in Kopaka's CupSource which made it possible to dl all the uploaded recs and levs even when the event was not over/started. This happened via simple sql injection and url manipulation. However, I never abused this (yes I've done badly in cups)) but for example I dloaded all the levels from Rambocup and checked those... didn't participate the cup ofc... that's all! I'm not sure why I didn't tell Kopaka right away, I was not like thinking that I would cheat my ass off one day.. Well anyways I hope these holes have been fixed or will be fixed now!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i'm mikh23 confession, just wanted to start over and be friendly with the scene
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Take me back, mikh!
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
zaraptor
39mins club

Post by zaraptor »

Imbalance of some people having s/l and others not was getting stupid anyway.

However, I still don't have. Put URL.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

abruzzi wrote:i'm mikh23 confession, just wanted to start over and be friendly with the scene
this was known, at least by mods, someone checked ips or smth. why so much trolling on me when i play your levs?(
zaraptor
39mins club

Post by zaraptor »

More confessions
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I'm male.
zaraptor
39mins club

Post by zaraptor »

You're not welcome in elma scene anymore.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I'm the batman.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Xarthok wrote:i take my post back.
So Smibus s/l is undetectable? Well if so f@#$ you Smibu.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Chris wrote:
Xarthok wrote:i take my post back.
So Smibus s/l is undetectable? Well if so f@#$ you Smibu.
It's detectable, chill.
Image Cyberscore! Image
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

little fucked-up story and little confession:
ok, let's go back in time when ppl used old brutal style in uphill battle. Kuper was the guy who invented the current wr style in this lev, the one with alo-brutal. He told me about that style and showed the rec after i promised not to spread or beat it, as he was aiming for a wr. Well, i was amazed at how fast and ez this style was, to say the least. I waited for a while for him to get that wr, but he wasn't getting it for some reason. So one evening i decided to try this style out. To my big surprise, 5mins worth of attempts has lead to 20:57 time, which was a wr at that time. I decided to break my promise to Kuper and send the wr in. Well, that surely pissed him off, as he actually have got a wr same week, but his time was a little worse than mine. I apologized and promised not to improve, and then pasted the url to my 20:57 rec so he could merge it with his rec. But, by accident, i pasted the link in #elma.ru instead (that was very Juzamish brain error, and the only unintentional thing i did in the whole story. Though kuper didnt believe it was unintentional :( ), so the rec got spread. Well, i was an asshole, so i decided to use the situation to my own advantage, - i went to #across and started trading rec (essentially, _kuper's_ style) for wr recs with various people. I think i got 3 recs, one of which was Cloud's Hi Flyer, others i don't remember anymore.
So, in short: broke a promise to get myself an internal wr; was careless about somebody else's style; traded somebody else's style to get myself some secret recs (without asking the owner's permission even).
I have more of such stories, orka write now:)
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

anpdad wrote:little fucked-up story and little confession:
ok, let's go back in time when ppl used old brutal style in uphill battle. Kuper was the guy who invented the current wr style in this lev, the one with alo-brutal. He told me about that style and showed the rec after i promised not to spread or beat it, as he was aiming for a wr. Well, i was amazed at how fast and ez this style was, to say the least. I waited for a while for him to get that wr, but he wasn't getting it for some reason. So one evening i decided to try this style out. To my big surprise, 5mins worth of attempts has lead to 20:57 time, which was a wr at that time. I decided to break my promise to Kuper and send the wr in. Well, that surely pissed him off, as he actually have got a wr same week, but his time was a little worse than mine. I apologized and promised not to improve, and then pasted the url to my 20:57 rec so he could merge it with his rec. But, by accident, i pasted the link in #elma.ru instead (that was very Juzamish brain error, and the only unintentional thing i did in the whole story. Though kuper didnt believe it was unintentional :( ), so the rec got spread. Well, i was an asshole, so i decided to use the situation to my own advantage, - i went to #across and started trading rec (essentially, _kuper's_ style) for wr recs with various people. I think i got 3 recs, one of which was Cloud's Hi Flyer, others i don't remember anymore.
So, in short: broke a promise to get myself an internal wr; was careless about somebody else's style; traded somebody else's style to get myself some secret recs (without asking the owner's permission even).
I have more of such stories, orka write now:)
i knew that story befoar that post, write new
Image Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

cool story anp. dont remember being that evil manik anytime, maybe i shouldnt have beaten deadnites hang tight wr after mz spread rec to me.

longer version: i was in team TTT back in 2003 with laser, fathergod, mz and juzam. mz was a real life friend with cloud and cloud was in IC with tor, deadnite, skint and zyntifox. So you can probably see there was quite a fucked up link between the teams mz and cloud being real life friends. Anyway deadnite was a real style guru, well, at least he found new style in hang tight and a new route in hooked and drove wrs on both of the levs. mz had somehow got his hands on the recs and uploaded them to me and juzam. initially he uploaded them to juzam and then I dont remember did juzam just give me an url on IRC or did he actually come visit my home with a floppy, either way I can only remember mz's words "team benefits". benefits my ass ;P recs would obviously travel both directions. either way i tried some of that hang tight style and got a wr. dont remember how did i and other ppl feel about it. that year hundreds of wrs were beaten anyway, it was quite chaotic times

not a real "confession" so this is wrong topic i guess
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i farted in church once. :oops:
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

Smibu: who fucking cares? nobody will ever be as good as me, saveload or not.

confessions? where do i begin:
  • many years ago, someone (Cubein_TAH i think) released a level for a week or so of hoyling, the winner would receive a cash prize on the order of 10s of euros. fortunately, he used an old public upload site (mxb) to host the level. this site had a lovely 'feature' whereby if you uploaded a file with the same name as an existing file, it would overwrite it. so i modified the competition lev: went to the editor and changed it completely, zoomed out and added a tiny note at a hidden place in the level saying "fuck you, by dz" and then replaced the level on mxb with this one. i did all this rather quickly, so a lot of people downloaded the fake lev and hoyled it for many hours until someone finally realized and pointed out the problem. i believe they even found the note and started pointing fingers at dz, but yeah, that was me (and sierra).
  • i somehow got a hold of the lauta password of this guy named 'Crypt' who doesn't seem to post much anymore. i can't really remember the motivation behind some of the posts i made from his account, but most of them are polite and relatively on topic:

http://mopolauta.moposite.com/search.ph ... t&start=50

everything on April 26 2006 was posted by me.
  • one day i was playing a battle at my friend kev's house and i had a good ride but hit head very close to flower. kev told me it looked like i hit the flower and that i should post my time anyway, so i did. i won the battle and uploaded the rec, i don't remember anyone saying anything about it. i felt pretty guilty and made a point to never xiit again. but i don't need to xiit now because i make good rides effortlessly, i have a great understanding of the game, i see styles no one else does, and i am a legend.
  • around the time belma was released, i started using the nick Z1 and winning lots of battles (because i'm the best). some people were led to believe that the 'real' Z1, who was quite obviously an alias of Hibernatus, had returned to the scene.
  • some time later i decided to go incognito again, this time i looked through old across statistics and chose a nick that nearly no one would recognize, but that could easily be found through a bit of research. this nick was 'Zomblos' and, despite the fact that my nick and Zomblos were never seen in the same battle, some people were (and maybe still are) oblivious to the fact that it was me. it's almost as if people don't notice when i'm not around, which i find very unlikely given that i am the best and i always win battles.
  • i used to do the same, but only for a couple of days at a time, with player names such as Zweq, Markku, The_OooO, etc. i would have to tone down my skills a bit, but it wasn't difficult to convince people i was actually them. i would behave like them for the most part, but then say something a bit odd to screw with people. for example, i pretended to be Markku one day, and was humble and courteous ("thx") for a bit, then i told someone to fuck off after losing to them, then back to politeness. just little things like that.
i thought that was going to be a more impressive list but i can't remember anything else. i usually just do these things out in the open for all to see, so i have nothing to confess. writing a script to cheat in #ranks, beating zweq in an oldschool battle by posting a multiplayer time with sierra, making it my business to insult vender at every opportunity (his dad raped him), leading all time battle stats and being considered by everyone as the best battler in the world... these are all things i make no effort to hide.
im pretty good at elma
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

now who the fuck was in teh KC!1 team?
[carebox]
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

milagros wrote:now who the fuck was in teh KC!1 team?
Not me.
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

mjeo, smibu smibu, dont stop elma becouse of this :(
milagros will kill every noob who use saveload.
-Zeroh
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Smibu will be always welcome in the scene, as many others players who cheated or trolled in the past, as me. Ultimately, sl already exist with Smibu or not.
I hope sl recs can be detected in external contest. If not, we have a huge problem.

Now my confessions:

* I used 1008 speed berh's patch uploading some 1st places to Skintatiouns, where i was catched. (Already had confessed that).

*One day checking a public upload site, mxb too, i found (if i remember correctly) Ali´s .dat, and i used an old program to change nicks from .dats so inmediately i had a super tt of 39.02 when my real tt was 43.3x (that was much more cool back then than nowdays).

*In the first days of belma, during a warm up balle, i played multiplayer with iguana (argentinian friend) and touched the flower at "14.02" (wr back then was 14.00 or .05 cant remember) and finished with that time cuz belma was not what eol is nowdays. I was kicked of irc and almost banned from belma.

*iguana's tt from Moposite top 500 is a .dat that i made changing levels from elma.res, warm up in head banger, warm up in animal farm etc. So if Abula is reading this, please remove that .dat

*i use auto grass in ALE

*one day, chating with jaytea, had a wonderfull conversation with him, and by a short moment i thought jaytea was a nice guy. But thats was not real of course.

Last edited by Sla on 10 Feb 2016, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Jesus fucking Christ, I slowly begin to feel like a fool reading all these confessions and bearing in mind that I have actually never cheated anything or on anybody in the entire fucking scene :() I thought everybody was like this :| seems I have a lot yet to learn a lot about life...
wipley
Kuski

Post by wipley »

i actually had over ten active lauta nicks, such as masterburn, hex, wallhead; i do not remember the other ones off my head right now.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:Jesus fucking Christ, I slowly begin to feel like a fool reading all these confessions and bearing in mind that I have actually never cheated anything or on anybody in the entire fucking scene :() I thought everybody was like this :| seems I have a lot yet to learn a lot about life...
You are honest man. Lots of people have cheated in past, not so many cheat anymore cause it's harder.

I've played under a fuckload of aliases is all i have to confess. Oh and my really TT is some 38.05.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Everyone has something in their closet, this is a great time to come clean! Plz contribute - it's very delicious!
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I won't comment Smibu's confession now...

So my confession: I sometimes mongoed with nicks on Belma and won a battle or two with nitro that somebody uploaded on Zw0r Upload.. It was quite immature. I don't remember anything else, I have never tried to cheat anything, I have never shared a rec of somebody else and similar things, so I have a pretty clear conscience in this matter.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

oh yeah, nicks in belma... i was once there under Nekit trolling a bit
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pawq wrote:oh yeah, nicks in belma... i was once there under Nekit trolling a bit
who wasn't.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

oke I will contribute.

I said that I have seen all South Park episodes. It's not true. I haven't seen 2. 201 - Terrance & Phillip in Not without my anus and 315 - Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics.

Why did I do it, I don't know really :oops: :oops: :oops: :P

I felt kinda fucked up that day anyway. 8O :roll: :roll:

Anyway, the purpose of this topic is not to defend myself but to let everyone know what I did. :( :(

I understand that I'm not welcome to the scene anymore and I quit Elma for now. :? :oops: :cry: :P
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

it was very funny Chris, indeed.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Lukazz wrote:
Pawq wrote:oh yeah, nicks in belma... i was once there under Nekit trolling a bit
who wasn't.
confession: I wasnt

confession: as of belma nicks i had some mongo ones like achmed pahapala and then just lost all battles miserably =(
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i think elma could have been cooler if sl was released in the beginning, like there should be both non sl and sl total times... anyway, now that it's relased, better to change so that you can select keys...

about confessions, once i made a cheat lev for jappe2 and another level as a battle for the others, so jappe2 pnwed them... the rec would still work on both levels...
and i also did a ranks cheat script...
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

ribot wrote:i think elma could have been cooler if sl was released in the beginning, like there should be both non sl and sl total times... anyway, now that it's relased, better to change so that you can select keys...
it's not released. it just happen to be that more ppl have it now than before. why ppl keep saying this shit is public when there is no link to it anywhere?
Fucking broken image every month
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ah, i see :)
thanks for clarifying
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yeah and that's what's funny in this!
Smibu wrote:Why did I do it, I don't know really. Maybe I was pissed about some people having sl (like me) and some not.
And now the situation still ain't "fixed" and is somewhat even more unfair than it was before the incident, I think.
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

ok here's my confession, i hate myself for almost not playing elma anymore :roll:
TT: 38:36,51 || team SPEED || Islands WR
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Confession: Alcohol gets in the way of Elma
Nekit for president
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Honza wrote:ok here's my confession, i hate myself for almost not playing elma anymore :roll:
Ez change that? What's the reason anyway? If it's just "orka" then ez change that! :)