to be best

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

to be best

Post by ribot »

:arrow:
who doesn't think oneself is best? now back to topic. i have this humble opinion i want to present to you. it's about how one can be best at elasto mania. or more accurately speaking: "best elasto mania best time competitor". sorry if it sounds a bit dodgy (butter on bacon) but if u read this through you can get a better perspective of my theory.

after pondering the current subject a bit, i have come up with the four most important features for being best, namely: efficiency, höyl power, discipline, and luck.

efficiency: it means how good you actually are at driving your bike (in the sense of getting good times). this could also be called active skill, which is the most imporant skill in normal games. it's the second most important skill for being best. (or is anyone that good that he wins a wcup event playing less than 2 hours?)

höyl power: the skill to play much. this is the most important skill for being best today. if u höyl 10 hours every day in the world cup you'll see that you'll get in the top ten. however being best at this skill doesnt mean u win, cause a good amount of efficiency will save you many hours of höyling.

discipline: this is the ability to use your höyl power within the time frame of the competition's event. since there are different kinds of time limits (wcup is one week event, external tables are often irregular, etc) in el ma competition u should have quite a dynamic discipline.

both this skill and höyl power are kind of similar skills, related to patience, so if ur good at one it's likely you're good at the other too.

luck: if this is a skill or not could be discussed, and what luck really is could be too. but luck is definately helpful sometimes even if it's not that a big factor for being best.

conclusion 1 : when realizing how important höyling is, i quit. i don't want to play for hours and hours to be best. i always wanted best skills while playing, but höyling is just boring.

conclusion 2: who is best
now we've only looked at the playing skills, another perspective about being best is what results to get that prove you are best. there are some major competitions, which if u do well on you'll go far to reach the status of best. they are: internal WRs, internal total times, and world cup.

dmd is the first one to top all three of these. he would need to dominate the internal WR table a while more to be best player of all time, but he is tiger woods of el ma. tho is he honest?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

conclusion 1 hurts to read, no matter we all know it in our subconscious minds. where is the end of the road ? to me i only see an start of a new road, with new areas to drive trough...
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

ribot, I should try playing battles....

There it's really not the hoyla skill that is needed, IT'S SIMPLY efficiency

- Kopaka [cEp]
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ye i played some and it's my favorite competition way of el ma

and btw how come posts keep disappearing from here?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Maybe because there isn't really a question in your topic as ppl can answar....

- kopaka [cEp]
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I was wondering it too but maybe it's destiny,hope it's not abula.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

:arrow: To be the best is all about having Fun when you play. If you care too much about reslults you get all messed up and look at me. I am messed up too. Even thougth I dotn care as much of results as many of you bouys out there. And I have less and less fun when playing =
I am not good at elma.

Conclusion: Best thing is to quit. :evil:
Elasto Mania - ez better
Slender Belly
Banned

Well..

Post by Slender Belly »

I think you have to be focused, quick, competitive and you MUST have a slender belly :lol: !!!
elastomaniac.com | THE LARGEST LEVEL ARCHIVE IN THE WORLD
Ambulance
Kuski

Post by Ambulance »

I agree with you in most areas, but one big factor you all forget about is timing. If you think of it, efficiency isn't that hard, or let me say it with other words: The bike isn't hard to handle at all. It's the timing that is hard, and timing is what you get after hoyling. Another big factor should be creativity and logics, or understanding how to drive the fastest in other words.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

in my opinion (though im no serious elma player)
is discipline most important, cause when i drive a wcup lev and TRY to get a good time, and i die at the same spot a few times, i just play next lev...
sure you dont die that often if youve got better driving skills, but i think you still have to do it VERY often to be best like darmoed, but maybe he plays every lev12 hrs a day so he could even drive them with eyes closed and maybe thats why hes best, but you must be a real sick man to play one lev that much