Are you Elmaholic?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Are you Elmaholic?

Post by 8-ball »

Is your life and happiness revolving around Elma? Do you spend most of your free time playing Elma or doing Elma-related things? Are you constantly thinking about Elma while at school or work? Maybe you are unemployed and claiming benefits or settling for a crap job just because it's enough to support your lifestyle? Do you relate to your Elma acquaintances and value your status among them more than to your real life peers (if any still remain)? Are you pursuing your Elma goals with more enthusiasm than any of your real life goals? Do you lie to others about how much time you spend playing? Did you ever try to quit but failed? And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems? Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments? Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself? Are "just 5 more mins" of Elma becoming several hours? Do you sleep less or have trouble sleeping because of Elma? Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma? Are you increasingly neglecting your personal appearance or health and hygiene? Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)? Are you aware of any of these effects but often deny them to others or even yourself? Have you stopped being bothered by these effects?

If you can answer any of those with a Yes, then it might be something to think about...

It's essentially just like any other computer game addiction, I guess, and might not be uncommon amongst us that still remain with the game after years upon years...
39:37,91
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: Are you Elmaholic?

Post by Lukazz »

The only two questions i'd answer with yes are:
Xarthok wrote:Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself? Are "just 5 more mins" of Elma becoming several hours?
but that has nothing to do with elma. if it wasn't elma, i'd be distracting myself with other stuff.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Xarthok wrote:Is your life and happiness revolving around Elma?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you spend most of your free time playing Elma or doing Elma-related things?
not nymore
Xarthok wrote:Are you constantly thinking about Elma while at school or work?
no
Xarthok wrote:Maybe you are unemployed and claiming benefits or settling for a crap job just because it's enough to support your lifestyle?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you relate to your Elma acquaintances and value your status among them more than to your real life peers (if any still remain)?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you pursuing your Elma goals with more enthusiasm than any of your real life goals?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you lie to others about how much time you spend playing?
no
Xarthok wrote:Did you ever try to quit but failed?
no
Xarthok wrote:And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems?
yes
Xarthok wrote:Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself?
yes
Xarthok wrote:Are "just 5 more mins" of Elma becoming several hours?
not anymore
Xarthok wrote:Do you sleep less or have trouble sleeping because of Elma?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you increasingly neglecting your personal appearance or health and hygiene?
note related to elma
Xarthok wrote:Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you aware of any of these effects but often deny them to others or even yourself?
no
Xarthok wrote:Have you stopped being bothered by these effects?
yes
[carebox]
zaraptor
39mins club

Post by zaraptor »

Yes to All
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

getting good at elma is harder than fucking some hoe
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Do you spend most of your free time playing Elma or doing Elma-related things?
Maybe half of my free time, not most.
Do you relate to your Elma acquaintances and value your status among them more than to your real life peers (if any still remain)?
My only friend in real life is my girlfriend, but I don't care much about what people think of me in elma. No.
Do you sleep less or have trouble sleeping because of Elma?
Ye, sometimes. =D
Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)?
Ez yeah!
Have you stopped being bothered by these effects?
Yeah, elma has only been a positive thing in my life.

No to all others. I guess that means I'm in denial.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)?
Depends on how you define "going out". ;o i'd of course rather spend my time with friends than playing elma, but i'd rather sit in my room and do nothing than go to a club or something.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Pretty much exactly like mila. Only commented a little in italics.
milagros wrote:
Xarthok wrote:Is your life and happiness revolving around Elma?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you spend most of your free time playing Elma or doing Elma-related things?
not nymore
Xarthok wrote:Are you constantly thinking about Elma while at school or work?
no
Xarthok wrote:Maybe you are unemployed and claiming benefits or settling for a crap job just because it's enough to support your lifestyle?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you relate to your Elma acquaintances and value your status among them more than to your real life peers (if any still remain)?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you pursuing your Elma goals with more enthusiasm than any of your real life goals?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you lie to others about how much time you spend playing?
no (sometimes jokingly say i play more than i do)
no
Xarthok wrote:And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems?
yes (very rarely though. I hardly play more than 1h/week nowadays)
Xarthok wrote:Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments?
no
Xarthok wrote:Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself?
yes
not anymore
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma?
no (vice versa i think, actually)
Xarthok wrote:Are you increasingly neglecting your personal appearance or health and hygiene?
note related to elma
Xarthok wrote:Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)?
no
Xarthok wrote:Are you aware of any of these effects but often deny them to others or even yourself?
no
yes
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

ez school
i don't value elma friends more than true friends, but still quite a lot. when at comp i talk to lous/jon more than to 90% others :)
never even tried 8D
probably, taking away time that could be spent on studying
SURE, all the time :S
i don't think so, but "1 more try" is usually becoming half an hour
don't think so, maybe just a bit
veeeeeeeeeery rarely, only when i have a totally fucked-up mood
not really

simple "no" to all others
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Is your life and happiness revolving around Elma?
No

I'd say about 5% of my free time lately, about 0.5% during the ~year before.

Are you constantly thinking about Elma while at school or work?
No, though I used to think about making levels when in class when I was like 12 (way before I joined the scene actually), I was drawing them somewhere and never did the levels.

Maybe you are unemployed and claiming benefits or settling for a crap job just because it's enough to support your lifestyle?
I am unemployed indeed, that's kinda lame at 18 in here, or at least that's what my mom told me 60 times this summer. No one wanted to take me; fuck you guys I'm not working.

Do you relate to your Elma acquaintances and value your status among them more than to your real life peers (if any still remain)?
Elma people are deep assholes. Totally not. I did have a kinda close relationship with Haruhi about 1 ½ year ago, but he was at most equal to my other friends.

Are you pursuing your Elma goals with more enthusiasm than any of your real life goals?
If I knew in advance how much I am unable to achieve my life goals, oh god would my life suck.

Do you lie to others about how much time you spend playing?
No. Who the fuck cares.

Did you ever try to quit but failed?
Did I ever try to keep playing and failed? Yes.

And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems?
No. To me, a problem that can be escaped by playing a video game is not a problem.

Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments?
It does happen that it keeps me from doing that philosophy homework I'm already late for, but masturbating, watching the ceiling, eating bananas, dancing in the silence or asking questions to nobody would do the job equally. A lack of motivation is a lack of motivation.

Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself?
Homework basically.

Are "just 5 more mins" of Elma becoming several hours?
It does happen. But I did get that fucking 25.xx in EOL08.

It's 5:10 AM and it's not because of elma. Let's just say it's far from being a primary factor.

Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma?
When playing elma yes, away not. After playing 3 hours straight, I often have a period of about 20 minutes when there is no good run at all and I just restart mechanically. As for time away from elma, no, of course.

Are you increasingly neglecting your personal appearance or health and hygiene?
It happens sometimes, but as soon as I see some people other than my close family I shower, shave, dress decently and speak.

Going out sucks by my book. A night of elma sucks too. In both cases it ends up with sucking.

Are you aware of any of these effects but often deny them to others or even yourself?
I sometimes deny that I spend too much time on the computer.

Not quite. Let's say I can still live, but I would prefer to be much more in shape.

Overall I would say I am addicted to my computer in general. May it be Minecraft, League of Legends, Dofus, RollerCoaster Tycoon, elma, Tetris, Facebook, Portal, or anything I could possibly play/do on my computer, I spend lots of time on it and I often consider going outside more. My problem doesn't come from elma, it comes from the fact that I am lazier than fuck there's no comparison.
:mrhat:
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

We are not pointlessly spending time on the computer because we are lazy, it's the other way around. We are addicts and it makes us appear lazy.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I dont think so...

Maybe half of my free time, others are sportbetting and watching tv or going to the pub.

No.

Maybe you are unemployed and claiming benefits or settling for a crap job just because it's enough to support your lifestyle?

I dont need crap jobs to get money, i get it with sportsbetting, or with other things like forex etc.. but i like my job that's why i dont quit from there.

No.

Are you pursuing your Elma goals with more enthusiasm than any of your real life goals?

Maybe half-half.

Why i should? I play 0-3 hours elma daily, which is not that much.

Why i should quit? I like this game.

And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems?

Sometimes yes. If i dont play elma, i start to thinkin of my fucked life :*

Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments?

No.

Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself?

Never.

Yes, definitely :*

No.

Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma?

No.

No.

No. Going to the pub with friends is much better than elma :*

Are you aware of any of these effects but often deny them to others or even yourself?

No.

Never bothered.
Team SPEED

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Xarthok wrote:We are not pointlessly spending time on the computer because we are lazy, it's the other way around. We are addicts and it makes us appear lazy.
When I have to do something and I don't want to, I won't necessarily spend all my time on the computer: I will be walking around, go talk with people and say I have things to do and I suck, find someone to text bullshit, wander on Facebook, play elma, scratch my balls, suck my own dick, etc.
:mrhat:
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

no. what's wrong with you?
im pretty good at elma
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

of course, elma is teh shit

few hours a day or couple of hours since eolpack

nah, maybe in 2003

nah, im trying to graduate and moneys i have got from the government for last over a year: 0e

how is elma less real life than playing guitar is just way beyond me. I make cool recs to entertain ppl, or make cool music to entertain ppl. I get money for neither, where's the difference?

yea, why not, the passion with elma is much greater than any other things

hell no

yea I tried in 2003

very many yes

when I'm not doing studying, I'm doing anything that is not studying, not just elma.

every hour of the day ;)

elma is so not just 5 more mins type of game

not really no

lol?

increasingly? no, neglecting? always since trying C64

i sleep at nights

wa?

only thing that bothers me here is your FACE
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

no
yes
yes
sometimes yes, a bit
no
sometimes
i think of quiting every day but i just wont try to do so
no
yes
yeees
yees
yes, elma makes me stay longer at night
no
sometimes a bit
never even had ocassion to go out with frineds in the night
yes
somtiems
Last edited by jblaze on 6 Feb 2018, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Morgan
36mins club

Post by Morgan »

no

yes, lately

no

no

dunno

maybe

i did it few times

no

rather yes

no

sometimes ;)

happened several times, i rarely say to myself "just 5 more mins"

no!

no

no

donno. as zweq said i prefer sleeping:)

no

never started so never stopped
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Why am I reading everyone's responses?
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

this is too much xd are you elmaholic or no? explain a bit ; )
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
jamppa
37mins club

Post by jamppa »

I think I am more alcoholic than elmaholic:

-no

-Only Mon-Thu cause just orka do nothing but sit on computer

-no

-It's enough but not because of elma =D

-no

-Dont have any big real life goals so yes

-no one ever asked how much i play

-no

-I prefer alcohol for that

-Maybe a bit

-Yes.

-Sometimes, maybe not several hours but longer than originally intended

-yes

-no

-wtf? =D no

-Always prefer night with friends :)

-no

-Never bothered
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Is your life and happiness revolving around Elma? 8O

Do you spend most of your free time playing Elma or doing Elma-related things? :)

Are you constantly thinking about Elma while at school or work? if im boring as the hell

Do you lie to others about how much time you spend playing? 8O

Did you ever try to quit but failed? once yes, by anger when i killed my keyboard because of pipe balle by error :oops:

And similar to real drug addictions, are you using Elma to escape from real life problems? no

Is Elma interrupting and causing problems and lack of motivation with your studies or other commitments? no

Do you play Elma when you should be doing other things you promised to do for others or yourself? ofc

Are "just 5 more mins" of Elma becoming several hours? yes

Do you sleep less or have trouble sleeping because of Elma? no

Are you getting nervous or find it hard to concentrate after prolonged time away from Elma? i'm not addict

Are you increasingly neglecting your personal appearance or health and hygiene? no

Do you prefer a night of Elma to a night of going out with friends (if any remain)? yes, becasue i dont drink any alcohol but my friends do...

i'm not Elmaholic just summer time and i have to do nothing..
after a week i will play much less ( school time )
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

no

ofc I try to escape.. not like drugs, it's the same as watching dvd or going out.

no

maybe

no

sometimes I go sleep very late due to elma

no

no

depends which friends, I prefer date with gf (if any remain :cry: )

no

yes, maybe I was never bothered
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

big yes to all
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Hi, my name is Charles and I have been sober for over 2 months now.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Guess I am afterall. Sitting here saturday night watching if jon's avatar will manage to finish the pipe...
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

I am thinking about Elma to a high degree, and have been for the past decade, therefore I am considering the person of mine as a full-fledged Elmaholic.
Morgan
36mins club

Post by Morgan »

i have to say i would change my answers now ;) i'm less addicted i think
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

I would answer the same as first :*
Team SPEED

Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Still hev nat figured what elmahol is and where I cane get some.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Lousku wrote:Still hev nat figured what elmahol is and where I cane get some.
Then it might just be better that way.

Get some and next thing you know you're in the EAs. :lol:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Elma is an old addiction of mine, but it's long and far away.

But who knows...
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

yes, i am elmahoylic.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I guess not. A little while ago I played or made levs most of the day, then my gas key broke and haven't really played at all since. I don't have any kind of withdrawal symptoms, I've just had more time to do other stuff (still not doing anything important as I should though).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I think I'm just addicted to the community and the happenings in it, checking lauta and IRC several times per day.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

it became even more yesish through those 7 years :> elma 4 life, and the community is beyond amazing.
life - yes,
happiness - no
yes
sometimes constantly. sometimes not at all
yes. i dont have any serious goals in life, its all a joke to me
yes
no, i dont care
yes
no
yes
yes
yes
yes
no
yes
except one group of close friends - yes
aware, no denying
yes
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

no
not anymore
sometimes
i didn't really distinguish between irl and elma
no(t anymore)
no, nobody cares
no
no
no
no
it used to
never
no
non elma related question
no
aware, not that serious anymore
yes
[carebox]
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

No, i would'nt say.
Quite alot after all.
Sometimes I see the world in polygons and I use my insights for levmakeing later on.
Ofcourse I care about my Elma friends. Not more than other friends though.
30%
Ofcourse, I am a family father.
Like 100 times.
I dont see problems in life at all.
Yeah sometimes. I use Elma more and more like a reward though. So not a big issue.
Nah. Maybe I start some battle when i should do some dishes or such. But thats healthy I guess.
Atleast easy 1 hour.
Yes. How should I have time otherwise?
No.
I wish.
I prefer it sometimes but rarely does it :(.
Im very well aware of all my actions.
I have control. Sometimes.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

life: yes, happiness: no only happy in elma when make good lev or good time but that quickly goes away
I should but I dont orka anymore, but still every day I play
I used to, draw levels osv, but now I rarely think about teh unless there's something like Repeat going on, and work was borink
my status is low in elma and irl but I care more what elma friends think than most 'irl' people, dunno
what goals
not really, have lied about it to parents when younger tho
no serious attempt has been made, only thoughts
i guess (doesn't work very well tho)
when i get very in to something like Repeat, AI or watever back in the day, long ago since such a thing happened tho
yes
well sometimes but I don't enjoy it it is just a big part of me to play with bike even if not making any times at all..
never, unless on the verge of something nice but then need go bed
when I don't elma for like a day due to hangover it actually feels more fresh when return, especially levmaking
non elma related question
i'd rather drink with elma and music than like go to a pub, but much rather than that just hang with my brothers or like 1-2 friends and drink at non-pub location
i am aware of everything everywher ever everesting
nah
ToMaT
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

My relationship with elma is very unhealthy imo. I basically open it when I feel too lazy to do something more productive. Or sometimes I even choose it instead of more fun things that I supposedly genuinely want to do. It's like I can have a full evening planned with all sorts of interesting stuff, but for some reason I open this game instead and waste hours inside it, which just makes me feel empty and miserable in the end. It's really quite idiotic.

I definitely need to quit for an extended period of time and see what positive effects that will have on me but it's difficult, partly because there are many nice people in the scene that are pleasant to interact with. I guess theoretically I could avoid running eol and simply communicate with these people through other means, but I feel like that's nearly impossible to accomplish because the link between them and elma in my mind is very strong and I don't think I can talk to them without wanting to open the game and make some levels or whatever. I believe a complete disappearance is probably my only chance to really change something. But again, it's so damn tough, especially since I want to be near these guys and I assume they don't want me to go away either (OK, perhaps some do, which is well-deserved to be honest).

Also I'm very puzzled by the fact that there are not more players talking about this. So many kuskis spend hours and hours on the server almost every day, and I just can't help but wonder what is wrong with them. Like, in my mind you can't be an accomplished individual if you're so attached to this silly thing. These guys must have some real problems, just like I do, and yet we don't hear about that much. Why is that? Are they not aware of their self-destructive behavior? Are they too embarrassed to admit it? Did they accept it and don't even attempt to fight the addiction anymore? Or am I just projecting here as always and they're actually all happy?

I wonder why I always get more philosophical at nights. Anyway, I suppose after a post like this I just have to fuck off for a while (but I will silently check responses to this if there will be any, not going to lie).
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

For some it may be an escape, for some innocent entertainment, for others an important part of life that they cherish. I don't think a lot of us suffer from elma, although some probably do. Given how much more philosophical and self-aware you are than other people kuchi, I'm not surprised you're one of the very few who talk like this openly 🙂

It would be a shame to see you go, even if you can be annoying sometimes! (aren't we all 😉)
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

Like, in my mind you can't be an accomplished individual if you're so attached to this silly thing.
im not a fan of such assumptions. look totally obcjectively at any activity you do in life and ask if it has any meaning. like how is playing elma different than making professor thesis on some so-called high level university? its just an activity, and its importance level grading is up to you.

i am ignorant to most knowledge areas, i dont need responsibility like being above someone (being boss or sth) and tell them what they should do to build my ego up. i like and enjoy nerding. i would feel more accomplished if i could play elma and do "nothing" til i die than getting some high-ranked job or a paper saying that i am educated. i dont care about relatives/societys expectations, i dont want to try hard just because ppl say "life is hard, you need to work on yourself all the time to be a man". be this and that and you are WOW admireable human. fuck that. to me its enough to get low responsibilty level job that is enough to support my body needs and do nothing besides that. i'll have to repeat my studies semester next year cause i was too lazy. stopped giving a shit. ill come back and try but world will not explode if i fail. positive approach to things makes for 99% of your happiness.

i am addicted to elma but i accept it. we are addicted to thousands of things and we dont even notice that. elma is cool.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

jblaze wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 02:08 i'll have to repeat my studies semester next year cause i was too lazy. stopped giving a shit. ill come back and try but world will not explode if i fail.
try not to fail tho... Otherwise it'll be a waste of a few years of your life. (Think of all the wrs you could've made..!) And even if the value of the paper is small to you, maybe one day you'll find someone who'll value it higher and will make your life somehow easier or more pleasant. I think the chances are high!

What about family, think you'll ever create one?
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

jblaze wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 02:08
Like, in my mind you can't be an accomplished individual if you're so attached to this silly thing.
im not a fan of such assumptions. look totally obcjectively at any activity you do in life and ask if it has any meaning. like how is playing elma different than making professor thesis on some so-called high level university? its just an activity, and its importance level grading is up to you.

i am ignorant to most knowledge areas, i dont need responsibility like being above someone (being boss or sth) and tell them what they should do to build my ego up. i like and enjoy nerding. i would feel more accomplished if i could play elma and do "nothing" til i die than getting some high-ranked job or a paper saying that i am educated. i dont care about relatives/societys expectations, i dont want to try hard just because ppl say "life is hard, you need to work on yourself all the time to be a man". be this and that and you are WOW admireable human. fuck that. to me its enough to get low responsibilty level job that is enough to support my body needs and do nothing besides that. i'll have to repeat my studies semester next year cause i was too lazy. stopped giving a shit. ill come back and try but world will not explode if i fail. positive approach to things makes for 99% of your happiness.

i am addicted to elma but i accept it. we are addicted to thousands of things and we dont even notice that. elma is cool.
There is silly assumption here that we have to do our education on time. I finished my education 3 years late and I have 0 regrets about it. Was great time :beer:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

My happiness is somewhat revolving around Elma since nowadays it's maybe the only way to truly challenge myself. I don't have any hobbies and I'm just doing the same thing over and over again at work.. In elma I often set a target time in a balle or a random level and do my very best to achieve that.

Not anymore. I have been quite active lately but sometimes I play very minimal amounts. During ages 13-17 I played elma all day every day.

I open RecSource several times per day at work. The number would be more than one digit :roll:

Nope. :)

I don't have an IRL status. I have always been Zero

I have very little enthusiasm for anything these days unfortunately but Elma is my one and only passion I could say.

Not anymore. During ages 13-17 however :oops: I played so very much

I hated the idea of being uncool when I was younger and therefore I tried to quit elma at least a few times. Now I play because it's what I truly enjoy and I don't want to quit.

Oh yes. This one is a major

It was a problem in the past but now I am free to play as much as I feel like after work :) And I would never skip work for elma

Not over my duties. Sometimes I can be lazy and disappoint my friends though, it happens.

I think this is the nature of elma. It takes a lot of time to accomplish anything really and I'm fine with that :D

I stay up too late very often but it's not always about elma. Sometimes though

I get slightly nervous since I get rusty very fast and I want to perform to my fullest level.

Not because elma :D But to some extent.

Friends if we hang out but if there is talk of going to the club I will choose elma 100%. I hate clubs.

I deny them to others but not to myself.

Yes.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

No, although I was more happy when I wasn't internaling / battling like nowadays. Levpacks and cups have started to feel more fun lately.

Maybe 10-33% of my freetime atm.

No.

No.

100% yes lol.

No, pursuing goals in elma is a bit of struggle atm. I play for unknown reasons? :P

No.

I would say no, but I just read my prev answers to this same quiz and apparently I've tried to quit in 2003.

I don't use elma to escape from real life problems. I play it mostly when I want to turn brain off for an hour or two on evenings. Though, ironically internal playing requires so little brain activity that it's very hard to not ruminate random day happeninks while playing

No.

Quite rarely.

In my previous answer I stated that "elma is so not a 5 more mins type of a game". I think that was a bit weird answer. Nowadays I very much notice myself playing just 5 more mins if I feel like I'm playing well on an internal level.

No.

No.

Not increasingly. I've always neglected appearance, but I look after health a lot and hygiene a bit. Elma has nothing to do with these matters though.

I stick to my previous answer - I sleep at nights (except when I'm in FEM)

Is this like "is everything you just answered the truth or a lie?" In that case - all my answers were the truth.

Only things that really bother me in elma is I don't really understand why I'm playing internals for status boost and why I act like asshole in EOL. Or actually I do have a guess that acting an ashole is partially because of frustration and bore.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

yeps pawq, sure its better to have it so can potentially earn more money. better have more than less, but i dont need fortune.
and not thinking of creating family at all, that shit is too scary. extra things to care about, big nono for me. ofc any attitude can drastically change someday, but thats what it is for now.

and nice to see you guys sharing your elmaholism parts of yous :D love you all
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Zweq wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 10:52 Did you ever try to quit but failed?
I would say no, but I just read my prev answers to this same quiz and apparently I've tried to quit in 2003.
thankfully for the community you could resist, while toringe couldn't
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I'm surprised people actually took this thread seriously. And it wasn't intended to be a quiz at all. I wrote those things at a time when I had moved far away from home, worked a stressful, shit job, lived in a tiny apartment shared with a girl I didn't really love, had no friends around, and felt myself increasingly sinking into Elma and the community again as an escape. My Elma friends were really all I had for a few years there. So those were questions that I was worried I wouldn't feel good about answering in a few years time if I let my life continue in the same direction (nowhere). I think this was an important thing to do at the time and it certainly helped me start to envision a future that wouldn't be terrifying to think about and then I could take the first steps towards some modest goals such as finishing high school and figuring out what kind of a person I want to be and where my strengths lie so I can use them to improve my life.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Well they are good questions nonetheless, and hopefully they can help others too.

It's interesting to see the general psychology of the scene, as it is rather clearly revealed here.

I can't think of any destructive behavior patterns in my life relating to elma. Elma has always been a side thing for me. Maybe it's because I have not spent so much time working or studying, so I had as much time as I wanted with elma. I just don't feel addicted, except perhaps doing it as a side thing to go into when thinking about programming... so it's more like a fidget spinner addiction.

On the other hand I spent copious amount on personal development and health, so that might be it too... was really good for my psychological health
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

imo i have apple addiction.
maybe will try to fight with it.

in some moment of day i automatically open eol and ask ppl (chris) to make apple. When apple battle starts, i begin to hard blissing and if all goes luck, im blissing to the end of battle.
if nobody wants to make an apple, i make it myself. less blissing but still nice. in the hardest case i have to play my own battle:D

i very want to adi and Markku comeback to elma-eol-applebattles.
applebattles are not applebattles wthout them.
seriously :(
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube