You too can and should contribute to prolonged Elma success!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

You too can and should contribute to prolonged Elma success!

Post by 8-ball »

You don't need to have the time, resources and skills of milagros and Kopaka to make a meaningful contribution.

We are now stagnating in a state of demand and consume, use and abuse, taking for granted that the game is not going to die (might be years and years from now but the point remains).

What you can do about it?

For instance:
  • Get more involved in the Elma scene! Be active and participate on lauta, IRC, Moposite, EOL... It encourages others to participate too! An active scene is a healthy scene and fun to be a part of!
  • Promote EOL with your own videos or EOL Trailer, torrents, posts in different forums, websites etc. - the possibilities to increase the awareness of EOL are endless (Main thread)
  • Tell ex-kuskis about EOL! It's awesome to see some old timers return!
  • Donate for EOL server upkeep. I don't want to see Kopa having to dip in his own pocket for that, ever... (Donate now!)
  • Contribute to the Elma Wiki by renewing or adding resourceful articles (Main thread)
Will add more as we think of more ways!
39:37,91
8-ball
39mins club

Re: You too can and should contribute to prolonged Elma success!

Post by 8-ball »

*crickets chirping*
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Aye aye sir, doing my best!
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I participate with this meaningless Pawq'ish spam post just to encourage others.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I would have gladly participated more in the elma scene and help keeping it healthy, which was what I did for two years, but some people managed to go beyond my capability of enduring retardedness and completely pointless and gratuitous nastiness. If the scene fails at surviving the next years and dies out, I'll be glad to know whose fault it will be, and if any of you cry because it is over I will be sincerely happy.
:mrhat:
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

fuck you, it will never die
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Bismuth wrote:blah blah blah, and if any of you cry because it is over I will be sincerely happy.
That doesn't make any sense. The scene is alive as long as there are players. If players quit (i.e. the scene dies) who will be left to cry about it? Also, why do you keep posting if we're all meanie poopheads?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I think he enjoys behaving like he has the worst problems in the world. Typical 14-year-old on facebook or somesuch annoying kid
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Igge wrote:I think he enjoys behaving like he has the worst problems in the world. Typical 14-year-old on facebook or somesuch annoying kid
BUT HE'S ALMOST 15
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i post a short text and the link to the trailer + eol-page on 4chan's video games board from time to time and a few people already showed interest :)
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Lukazz wrote:i post a short text and the link to the trailer + eol-page on 4chan's video games board from time to time and a few people already showed interest :)
I did the same a few times with same results, doesn't seem to yield much new players who actually download and play EOL in the end though.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Lousku wrote:
Bismuth wrote:blah blah blah, and if any of you cry because it is over I will be sincerely happy.
That doesn't make any sense. The scene is alive as long as there are players. If players quit (i.e. the scene dies) who will be left to cry about it? Also, why do you keep posting if we're all meanie poopheads?
Even though I understand it doesn't help anything, I do sometimes want to somehow make people understand that the "anonymous ftw let's be a fucking retard, hurt people and troll lolololololol I'm so awesome" attitude is something that can be put aside sometimes, and in a small community such as elma, it SHOULD be put aside (actually it should at all times but how unrealistic does this sound to you). But no. Seems like fucking around and having absolutely no constructive attitude is something everyone between 14 and 30 has on the internet. And when you put all of them retards in a community, you get the "worst community ever" (CoD, LoL, HoN, WoW all have the "worst community ever"). Elma community is of course better to me, but why do retards and I will name Jappe2 because that's easily the best example screw it up by acting like this?

I know I do look like a crybaby who's been said "my dad is stronger than yours", but I honestly don't give a fuck anymore of your insults towards me. I never did so much actually, the only thing that really bothers me a lot is that fucking ugly attitude. If one day, the elma scene was composed of people who like/love the game enough so they don't need to bash on others to feel happy, then the community will be worth a nice and healthy growth. But for now, and it's been three years now since I've joined, it is crippled by "mongoness" and that "fuck you fuck you trolololol your a jew your mom cock in mouth i feel good now i go haz a cheezburger roflolcopterity" behaviour. I know everyone in here is a perfectly fine individual in real life. Now I ask you to look at my post and see it was made by a perfectly fine (and adult) individual and that I deserve the same respect I try really hard (but sometimes fail, I do agree) to give you.

All hail for a healthy elma scene o/
:mrhat:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

certain liquids found their way into your head due to that speed wr
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I don't think that there's any problem with the elma players. The scene has the same attitude and behavior like as before, and i guess, most of the scenemembers are nice. Maybe you should quit bismuth if you can't be happy with the current and future scene which will still consists players like jappe, jaytea, ribot, abruzzi (berh) etc.
Team SPEED

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Such generalization is just stupid bismuth "everyone between 14 and 30" come on, sure there is a few mongos, there always will be. You just have to look past them and you can see there's a lot of people who behave nicely. Sure we can agree lauta needs a few active mods, but I guess that's the problem with a small scene like this. But don't base your opinion on the whole from the few people who yell loudest.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I'm all up for being a mod. Even though I don't really play elma anymore, I'm still as active on lauta as ever. However I'm not sure if I could handle the power though; Too many temptations.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

I don't know about you guys, but at least in my opinion the best people are those who you can fuck with and they'll do the same back. This applies to any place, be it work or school or just friends in general. Mr nice guys just tend to be a lot more boring.
NoobSty2-competition

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

That's not really the same thing is it o,o
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Not exactly, but one of the points was that one should bark back at others. Fight fire with fire!
NoobSty2-competition

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Re: You too can and should contribute to prolonged Elma succ

Post by Abula »

Xarthok: I totally agree! There's always something to do to make the scene better. I've fixed Moposite and Mopolauta 4h today.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

<3 Abula
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Fucking around is fun, but being immature is closely aligned to the same area. Best to offer your other cheek, I say. You can't oblige people to change their behaviour on the internet, but you can show how your behaviour has positive effects. Like dear abula who spent so much time supporting the scene. It's amazing. All I did back was pay a little bit of money, make uphills in honour of his old levels and post the crap out of lauta. And even with this much people usually like(d) me for what I do/did. Because I don't nag so much.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

my signature, second row. ez. (for those who dont uderstand: yellow text on blue background. CLICK!)