Cancel Stini's Enigma WR ?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Cancel Stini's Enigma WR?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 44

badyl
37mins club

Cancel Stini's Enigma WR ?

Post by badyl »

The rec is spread and undoubletely there is a bug bounce. Propably it can't be beaten without another bug. Shouldn't wrs be free of such flaws? EDQ is coming and the question seems important.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Cancel Stini's Enigma WR ?

Post by roope »

Imo it should've been done earlier if at all. Now it's become a kind of legend, it's the exception that proves the rule.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

it can be beaten without a bug, but i guess it's the only exception on the WR list (maybe the miniwheelpop in ft is considered as bug too?). just leave it there, but don't accept such things in future, imho.
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

It won't be taken off the table, simple as that. I'm sure there was a serious discussion about the rec when Stini sent it, but it's just too late to make any changes.

Look at it this way, the kuski who beats the time without a bug bounce or S/L will become a legend, rated slightly below the one who drives under 14.00 on warm up legit.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

wtf, ez 17,0x
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Kortsu wrote:I'm sure there was a serious discussion about the rec when Stini sent it.
There was none -- I know, as I was around and aware.

And no, it is not too late for it to be removed from the table. Just regress to Zweq's 19,61 from #174 -- poor Zweq, let the fellow have one; although it's not like the first time he has to have one on the table.

I muchly respect Stini as a person, but this has got to go beyond personal considerations -- "if it's not legit, then kill it."
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

We could have attributed the WR to Thunder when he drove 19.16 himself. But then again, some were saying the rec was buggy too, so where to draw the line? Keep it, when it's beaten, celebrate and love Stini.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Let's just all play flagtag.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Wether of not it should be defined as a bug I really don't know. However I've often used stini's enigma as the reference for what is legal. Like for replays on kopasite, if they were more buggy than stini's enigma I remove them, otherwise not. What I mean by that is that, atleast for me, removing stini's enigma has bigger ramifications than just someone else getting the WR but would change the general rule about what is bug and what is not.

That might not be that big a deal though in the end. Another bigger issue is that when I was looking at the different 19.xx recs I have most of them are close to as buggy or even more buggy than stini's, and there is not replay verification of 2nd, 3rd, 4th positions etc. So there could also be a lot of questionable times on the secondary positions which we'll never know about.

Anway I voted no as it's just way to late to change policies now.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Isn't it simple? If more speed after bounce than before, shouldn't be accepted. Pop shouldn't matter, because that happens every other run in any level with low fps.

Edit: if I'm wrong, explain why.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

maybe you're right, but it's more complicated than it seems. neglecting the fact that (according to mila) its impsy to accurately measure speed from a replay, some speed is also lost during the bounce (braking, throttling etc)
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

I've always thought of the Enigma bounce legit, because anyone can do it. Can't say it's just luck, it's hoylable. It's just how you bounce at the right angle with much speed. If you merge the replay with any other, you'll see it's the same speed out of the bounce if done correctly. The right press at the bounce gives the ekstra boost up to make such a great time, Prodigy's 19.25 is the same style and exactly same bounce speed.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

probably because prodigy's run is buggy too.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

seems legit, let's do it