Let's all improve Elma Wiki!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Igge
38mins club

Re: Let's all improve Elma Wiki!

Post by Igge »

Ads are fancier? What are you smoking?

Why not just port xarre's wiki from zworqy.com to something else?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

This wiki is hilarious to be honest. :D
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I get a headache just by looking at the front page, I certainly won't be spending my time writing anything there :|
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Ville_J wrote:I get a headache just by looking at the front page, I certainly won't be spending my time writing anything there :|
:(
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i really don't get why we need an elma wiki at all. people are clearly not interested in any elma related site, most new kuskis aren't even checking lauta anymore.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Haven't you read the first post?

Also the main purpose of it is a reference for new players.
39:37,91
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

wiki is redundant if no contributors. it can´t be handled by one person. if someone helped, it would be 100% increase.
Last edited by Tigro on 23 Mar 2012, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

In some rare cases tigro's quotes come out better than those of the zaraptor.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

making wall love is a trick taught by the zaraptor. (optimizing ground-touching time.)
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

This segment from int 31 page is extremely vague and poorly explained: "The recent has strange start, where players' wheels are locked inside the V shaped polygon, then the bike is popped out with great speed."

for anyone completely new this explains nothing. Where is this V shaped polygon? Between the rightmost two spikes on the rooster head does not simply equal "the V shaped polygon" for anyone unknowing. And in which direction does/should the bike pop out for success? Also what makes this style "strange" compared to other styles? Weird choice of words for this entire segment imo.

When i think about it. Everything on this page is just wrong. It assumes that everyone is familiar with the previous WR style, and just explains what has been improved over that style.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I don't think anyone takes it seriously really.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i don't think any new player will ever read this
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

A wiki doesn't have much potential in helping newbies with internal styles. There's always some player available to teach. What the wiki can be useful for is technical things; installation instructions, rules, etiquette and so on. Those could simply be written on a page on elmaonline.net, though, for easier access and clarity. I don't think this game needs a wiki at all.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yup. I still think the best way to help nabs with styles, apart from "live" in eol, would be a sub-forum with separate threads for each internal.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

how many new players per year are there, that are interested in hoyling ints?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

~1
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Thundr- wrote:This segment from int 31 page is extremely vague and poorly explained: "The recent has strange start, where players' wheels are locked inside the V shaped polygon, then the bike is popped out with great speed."

for anyone completely new this explains nothing. Where is this V shaped polygon? Between the rightmost two spikes on the rooster head does not simply equal "the V shaped polygon" for anyone unknowing. And in which direction does/should the bike pop out for success? Also what makes this style "strange" compared to other styles? Weird choice of words for this entire segment imo.

When i think about it. Everything on this page is just wrong. It assumes that everyone is familiar with the previous WR style, and just explains what has been improved over that style.
thudr-, the meaning of "Wiki" is to improve others´ work and add new info. better than writing this reply you could just change the meaning of AF segment to make it more accurate. I just dont understand this. i wrote few words to few ints, it is barely done. just make it better, it will help more than writing some obv things here. i dont have enuf time and skill to make everything and to make it flawless.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Euthanasia (from the Greek εὐθανασία meaning "good death": εὖ, eu (well or good) + θάνατος, thanatos (death)) refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Tigro wrote:thudr-, the meaning of "Wiki" is to improve others´ work and add new info. better than writing this reply you could just change the meaning of AF segment to make it more accurate. I just dont understand this. i wrote few words to few ints, it is barely done. just make it better, it will help more than writing some obv things here. i dont have enuf time and skill to make everything and to make it flawless.
i think thundr's post helped nabs about quite as much as your whole wiki :)
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I think it's nice that Tigro is making an effort to contribute, but this is just not very useful.
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Dunno if info about such internals is really useful. Somewhere to put all info would be nice, though. Playing tips currently are found over to all of moposite, zworqy, and wikia. Putting all of etiquette, technicals, tricks, tuning, and dictionary on the same site would be a great start. I'm too old for this,

/beard-man
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The wiki moved to http://wiki.elmaonline.net/ recently when zworqy didn't want to host it anymore. Editing is now completely opened up, hopefully this newer version of the software is better spam protected. We will see.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

The wiki has a few different skins. I think it's pretty boring for it to look like a 1000 other wikis out there, so would like to hear opinions on which would be best as default. You can preview (and change for yourself) the skins here: http://wiki.elmaonline.net/Special:Pref ... -rendering and see some more here I can add: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Ga ... ser_styles

I sort of like cologneblue of the built in ones, but don't love it.
Of course we can make our own aswell, if some artistic boy is up for it.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

From what I have seen, I like the current one the best.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote:The wiki moved to http://wiki.elmaonline.net/ recently when zworqy didn't want to host it anymore. Editing is now completely opened up, hopefully this newer version of the software is better spam protected. We will see.
Maybe new software is needed again, or some better spam protection method. About 15 spambots have created users the past 5 days, and some topics. As long as they don't modify existing topics then it might not be too big a problem.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Yeah I changed editing to be only open for registered users with confirmed email, which seemed to keep them from creating articles at first, but it seems they manage anyway. There are some more spam protection settings and extensions, will have to look into that.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Did some more spam protection work today, as I noticed the wiki actually has more database connections in a month than kopasite and eol combined. Installed a captcha extension with nice cat and dog pictures that will show at registration and installed a blacklist extension that blocks known spambots.

Cleared a bit out in all the spam, removed all users with less than 3 edits plus some more, which was 25k users. If you have been deleted just register again. Deleted about 16k articles, all with less than 30 views plus some more, hopefully all spam. If you should notice a real article that has been deleted let me know and I can restore.

Let's see if this is enough then. :)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Updated links page with those I could think of and unprotected it, so please add more :).