Which drugs have you tried?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Which drugs have you ever tried?

Amphetamine (speed)
5%
Ayahuasca
2%
Cannabis (marijuana)
23%
Cocaine
5%
DMT
2%
DXM
4%
Hashish
12%
Heroin
1%
Inhalants
2%
Ketamine
3%
Kratom
1%
LSD (acid)
4%
MDMA (or ecstasy)
5%
Mescaline
2%
Methadone
2%
Methamphetamine
3%
Morning Glory
2%
Opium
2%
Pharmaceuticals (please explain which)
2%
Psilocybin (magic) mushrooms
7%
Salvia divinorum
5%
Wormwood
2%
other (would be interesting if you explained what it was)
6%

Total votes: 256

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Which drugs have you tried?

Post by 8-ball »

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
39:37,91
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

In my opinion Aldous Huxley kinda stained psychedelics' reputation (Or rather was a part of a movement that did). Mr. Hoffmann had a clearer view at the subject...For those who don't know who Albert Hoffmann is: He is the chemist who accidentally isolated LSD-25 from ergot. I recommend reading his writings on the subject, very enlightning reading experience. I think at least one of his books can be found online (Albert Hoffmann: My problem child)
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

My trip went great. Will mess with it more sometime. Need to write things down to find out if there's potentially anything substantial to learn from teh.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

In my case the 1st trip (on mushrooms) was just kinda demo-version, had to do it again to "unlock" the full-on-version....Which was a BLAST, nothing ever and since has come even near. I still can't even begin to fathom how f'd up i was or the ways one can be "out of his head". Still i know it happened and was as real as this keyboard i'm typing with. :DD.

Same applies pretty much to any psychedelic, if u have noticed btw...At least many ppl have to try e.g. marihuana many times before they notice the full effect, or the weaker nuances, same with shrooms. Dunno about acid, haven't tried.
jamppa
37mins club

Post by jamppa »

I am really, really disappointed and sad because of I didnt try more psychedelics when I was psychically strong enough to do. Only experiment is from mushrooms witch was quite weak "trip" too, yet the most incredible experiment in my life. Even the strongest effects of cannabis cant get close to the feeling even though I've been way more stoned from cannabis :cry:
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

the best drug is music. Period.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Yeah, but it's much better in combination with others. o/
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Kiiwi wrote:In my opinion Aldous Huxley kinda stained psychedelics' reputation (Or rather was a part of a movement that did). Mr. Hoffmann had a clearer view at the subject...For those who don't know who Albert Hoffmann is: He is the chemist who accidentally isolated LSD-25 from ergot. I recommend reading his writings on the subject, very enlightning reading experience. I think at least one of his books can be found online (Albert Hoffmann: My problem child)
I think it was the likes of Leary that contributed to that stain of reputation, through the contribution to widespread cultural abuse.

That quote was about an imaginary substance, by the way.

Hofmann did not accidentally isolate LSD-25 from ergot -- it was the intoxication which was accidental.

I would refer one to Moksha, post-humous to Huxley.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Bludek wrote:the best drug is music. Period.
+infinite points
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Depends on your definition. If it is "somehting that produces an altered state of mind," then dreaming is a sure winner, or if not, at least rather a fierce contender.
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Kiiwi wrote:In my opinion Aldous Huxley kinda stained psychedelics' reputation (Or rather was a part of a movement that did)
Okay, i take this shit back. Just read another of huxleys esseys. Ye he's a great writer. I never have read anything that describes the feelings and toughts and how u think while ur on the trip and how the hallucinations are much more than just psychedelic pictures, like ppl who haven't tried tripping think we do.

I think all people who have not tried psychedelics themselves, should read this so they would have even a glimpse of what they're judging.

But all in all the funniest thing in the reading experience was realizing that that what Huxley so well and passionately preaches, is smthn that ANYONE who has had a trip, knows already. Very weird to read smthn, that u would write urself, had u the skill or interest to do so :DD
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I had another great trip, spammed a lot on irc and eol :S Was kinda out of control on that aspect. I hope I didn't annoy anyone too much. Learned something new again.
Kiiwi wrote:Just read another of huxleys esseys. Ye he's a great writer. I never have read anything that describes the feelings and toughts and how u think while ur on the trip and how the hallucinations are much more than just psychedelic pictures, like ppl who haven't tried tripping think we do.
Where can I read teh?
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

[/quote]Where can I read teh?[/quote]

Just type: Aldous huxley, "doors of perspection" or "heaven and hell" online (recommend reading doors 1st, those two are a continuum).
Should be found, at least i found online ver. of doors of perspection in english. tho' i have the two as a booklet in finnish at home, so it's not completetly impsy to borrow it from me either.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Lousku wrote:My trip went great. Will mess with it more sometime. Need to write things down to find out if there's potentially anything substantial to learn from teh.
Pretty sick to look back at what I wrote less than 2 weeks ago and see how much I learned to understand since teh. Just "mess with" maykes cringe... To answer myself, yeah, theer's substance in the substance.

Thanks Kiiwi, found it in eng. Nicer to read original language anyway. for teh lazy and interested
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Damn, never thought i'd feel this way, but i'm a wee bit jealous. My tripping days are kinda gone with my mental health. i'm limited to one trip per year atm, more than that only results in bad trips and some incomprehensive feelings of guilt. And in few years i've chosen not to use that one trip.

Kinda miss deep diving the psyche and world for real. Even more so now that i've grown since my teens and could gain SO much more from it. Or at least enter the minds BIOS and try to configure my head back together, which i scrambled with too much "fun" as a teen (mabe that's the problem, too scared it'll backfire and send me back to the verge of psychosis for another 6months, that i haven't got the balls to do it :S ).
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Kiiwi wrote:results in bad trips and some incomprehensive feelings of guilt.
Guilt about what -- past events? In that case, the experience acts as an effective catharsis.
Kiiwi wrote:Kinda miss deep diving the psyche and world for real. Even more so now that i've grown since my teens and could gain SO much more from it. Or at least enter the minds BIOS and try to configure
In term of OSes, "psilocybin is an excellent disk cleaner."
Kiiwi wrote:My tripping days are kinda gone with my mental health. [...] too scared it'll backfire and send me back to the verge of psychosis for another 6 months.
If you are prone to psychosis, then my advice is that you experiment through lucid dreaming instead of through psychedelic substances!

One thing you can do if you are interested in experimenting the former is implementing a reality-check routine in your daily life. For example, about 10 times per day, turn on and off the lights and, in a serious manner, ask yourself if you are in a dream. Otherwise, do so looking twice at the time, as many times as you wish to per day. In the dream world, the same routines will exist in your psychic organization, although in dreams light switches will work in a strange way, and time-display machines will display strange behavior, especially when looked back at twice -- for example they will not work as they should, displaying different time both glances, and the like. Anything just a little bit out of the ordinary, is an indication that something is going on -- leading towards achieving dream lucidity.

Hope I am not boring one too much with such out-of-topic ramblings!
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

I have plenty of lucid dreams, and a vivid dream alter ego for the existing world, which i can purpously visit (1/5 times i can get there with a little meditation and determination before sleeping). I'm not prone to psychosis, but as a teen i went over the top with tripping and didn't respect the experience, even after many bad trips (which should have rang a bell) i didn't stop, i was on a self destruction rampage. As a result i had a major identity crisis, panic disorder and a depression on a richter scale: 1000, which almost led me to suicide.

Only after 6months the "flashback" feeling and daily panic attacks stopped. Then it took another 2-6 years to realize and appreciate the fact that the shrooms saved me from walking down the path i was on (which was to become a total ignorant junkie and die within 10y to the gutter) by stopping me dead on my tracks and force me to consider who i am, what do i want from life.

Anyhow, would like to trip now, with the right attitude, purpose and respect, now that i got them. On the other hand i'm glad i have limitations in this regard.

Sry about this "off topic rambling"
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Kiiwi wrote:I have plenty of lucid dreams, and a vivid dream alter ego for the existing world, which i can purpously visit (1/5 times i can get there with a little meditation and determination before sleeping). I'm not prone to psychosis, but as a teen i went over the top with tripping and didn't respect the experience, even after many bad trips (which should have rang a bell) i didn't stop, i was on a self destruction rampage. As a result i had a major identity crisis, panic disorder and a depression on a richter scale: 1000, which almost led me to suicide.

Only after 6months the "flashback" feeling and daily panic attacks stopped. Then it took another 2-6 years to realize and appreciate the fact that the shrooms saved me from walking down the path i was on (which was to become a total ignorant junkie and die within 10y to the gutter) by stopping me dead on my tracks and force me to consider who i am, what do i want from life.

Anyhow, would like to trip now, with the right attitude, purpose and respect, now that i got them. On the other hand i'm glad i have limitations in this regard.

Sry about this "off topic rambling"
are you 100% clear already?
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

snajdig wrote:are you 100% clear already?
No one is ever 100% clear.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

i am)
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

Didn't mean 100% sober. And neither did snajdg.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Pawq wrote:i am)
Why do you read this topic if you're only interested in reminding us that the only drug you use is alcohol? Btw, that's a very polish thing to be proud of. xd
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i am clear i only do heroin
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

CuLiNo wrote:i am clear i only do heroin
really?
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

I am sober. 30% of the time.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

800µg of acid happened between me and censored wategak in a nice forest today. It was wet and we were distracted by things so we didn't get a proper fire up. Apart from struggling with wet sticks for about 6 hours it was pretty great. Trees dancing etc. Teh censored wategak looked like a caricature of himself with huge eyes and a big grin. Really badly planned day as we didn't have any sane person to worry about practical things, but we managed to just dwell and absorb the environment for plenty of time. Could have been much better but it could have also gone much worse. I wound up getting a cut in my finger which at the time seemed like an open wound that would drain me out of blood, but looking at it now, it's not much worse than a paper cut. ;) Stumbling around, getting distracted by colors and patterns and all manner of other fascinating things... all the time. We had plenty of food. Sampled avocado, some juice, dark chocolate, tortilla chips. None of the tastes were really that interesting, just the textures. Eating or drinking were not interesting anyway even though we hadn't eaten anything all day. I got a bit worried about my cut and popped 45mg oxazepam, then we just started walking back to the car. Waited there for a good while and drove back home. Exhausted. Better preparations next time, if there's need for a next time.

/completely incoherent trip report
Last edited by Lousku on 31 Jan 2014, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Someone mentioned lately that he if he'd know he'd die from some terminal illness, he would plan to take a heroin overdose. I think that's pretty clever. The first high of heroin is said to be a phenomenal and unequalled experience. Nice way to put out the lights that way.

But otherwise, I'm staying out of more drugs than the alcohol. It's bad enough as it is.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

teajay wrote:Someone mentioned lately that he if he'd know he'd die from some terminal illness, he would plan to take a heroin overdose. I think that's pretty clever. The first high of heroin is said to be a phenomenal and unequalled experience. Nice way to put out the lights that way.

But otherwise, I'm staying out of more drugs than the alcohol. It's bad enough as it is.
In many cases certain drugs are known to "cure" you of other addictions.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Why the implication about every drug being worse than alcohol?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Because people tend to think that anything that is legal is right.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

'Africa-style' you are content with less when you dont know of better.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Marihuana: 1-2 times/year (never had any "illusions", just time looks slower...)
Speed: tried one time with marihuana and the result is: same with marihuana but can't sleep.

Will try magic mushroom maybe in future but dunno when and how to get :D
Team SPEED

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

my only drugs tried: coffee, beer, wine, chocolate, kofola. thats it.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote:my only drugs tried: coffee, beer, wine, chocolate, kofola. thats it.

you forgot to mention Nesquik Chocapic :roll:
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

never eaten those regretably.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Minor remarks can stir a lot of misunderstanding by the mere implications people might distill from them. See below.
Xarthok wrote:Why the implication about every drug being worse than alcohol?
Are you saying I implied this? Because I certainly didn't mean to implicate that. Furthermore I would like to explicate that I don't think alcohol is a better or less dangerous drug than other drugs. It's just that I use alcohol and I am very fond of what my life looks like now. I try to not use alcohol daily, because I think that isn't good for my head, but I can control this substance and I doubt I would gain much from using other drugs. In fact, I know alcoholics that messed up their lives quite easily with the abuse of alcohol.

I have a close relative that used methadon to get over his long-lasting heroin addiction, and then went on to smoke many joints of cannabis a day for a decade longer. This is my example of how I personally better don't experiment with the use of recreational drugs and try to pursue other kicks in my life. And that's what I meant with my usage of alcohol being bad enough as it is. Other drugs would make it worse, not because these drugs are worse, but because the use of more drugs is worse. For this reason I don't drink coffee. Many people don't consider coffee a dangerous drug (neither do I), but it's still another drug to me. And don't like the feeling of having to drink coffee to start a day.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Cannabis and paracetamol
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Lousku wrote:Could have been much better but it could have also gone much worse. I wound up getting a cut in my finger which at the time seemed like an open wound that would drain me out of blood, but looking at it now, it's not much worse than a paper cut.
A fingertip cut under LSD? Interesting.

Must have been something to be experienced!
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Tried poppy tea. Guy brewing it said it was about 5x norm dose. About an hour of nice warm floating, then pulse gradually doubled and I vomited all of it out. Not worth it for me.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Lousku wrote:Tried poppy tea.
Better than pussy tea?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Never heard of poppy tea. Nowadays I don't see much people using any drugs besides smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. And coffee ofcourse, lots of coffee. As if people don't realize how bad that can be.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

teajay wrote:And coffee ofcourse, lots of coffee. As if people don't realize how bad that can be.
Black-veins power! ~ :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Heart attack! =D
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Psilocybin mushrooms I have tried.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

ive tried only thc and dxm so far.
cannabis/hash is pretty nice and definitely veryvery safe, but expensive, short-time lasting and not that strong unless you smoke 1kg of it
dxm (isnt it pharmaceutical btw?) - took 600mg, which got me to weak 3rd plateau last saturday... one of the very best experiences in my life. i felt contact with aliens, i felt i'm traveling in time, i felt im teleporting. the strongest kick lasted for about 1h, mid-strong for about 4h and lower effects were noticable longer. that was just surreal, i was in many different worlds. 99% awareness of what's been goinig on was great.
eventhough i was not contemplating much (concentrated only on all those wtf effects since it was my first stronger psyche trip) i realised few things when i woke up the next day. most important thing is i realised nothing is real. what we call reality is just what our chemical substance called brain shows to us all everyday. theres exactly NOTHING you can be sure of. i thought this would cause some feeling of life's senslessness, but in fact im way happier person lately. eventho nothing is real i appreciate every little thing i see around. im slightly different person now.
loved it!

but dont take drugs, the abyss of drugs is too unexpectable. just dont start doing it, better for you!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

noone :beer:
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

-nothing of importance was said-
Last edited by Hosp on 21 Dec 2016, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
ToMaT
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Let's stab them all to death. We were on drugs, we can say.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Ketamine: fun like being a little drunk but sober at the same time on low doses, extremely weird, alien and surreal in high doses (I k-holed).
2C-B: a very physically pleasant and social psychedelic, did with a group of friends and had a great, creative night of drawing, dancing etc.
DMT: didn't manage to breakthrough but the short visuals were truly spectacular, will go again in a few weeks.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Labs wrote:Marihuana: 1-2 times/year (never had any "illusions", just time looks slower...)
Speed: tried one time with marihuana and the result is: same with marihuana but can't sleep.

Will try magic mushroom maybe in future but dunno when and how to get :D
Tried out magic mushroom, also used some speed and marihuana in last year.

Magic mushroom: tried without alcohol and i got a bit "drunk" from mushroom, also i did see some texts moving up and down on monitor, thats all. Will not try again it in the near future since it was useless, and alcohol much cheaper to do the same effects.

Speed: tried like 3 times last year, was oke i think, without marihuana now.

Marihuana: 2 times last year, could have been more since i got some mate using it, but i don't like it much.

Future 'plans': Maybe LSD or something similar and some SPEED ofc :P
Team SPEED