What computer games you're playing?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

anonymous32
Kuski

Re: What computer games you're playing?

Post by anonymous32 »

Lee wrote:Get gold in all challenges!!!!!!!
Adds many more hours to game play. Least portals and least steps were my favourites.
Portal is the sole video game post Kuru Kuru Kururin that I appreciate. (personal-tastes rambling.)
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Lousku wrote:
elma player wrote:finished a game, too short
think about that for a minute
cmon mate, you're not seriously comparing portal to elma, are you? elma is elma, portal is just a game, so obviously i don't want to spend too much time doing the same stuff all over again.
and now i've finished Portal 2, and I must say it was pretty fucking awesome:D it was more or less what I expected to happen after the 19th test in Portal, a storyline. some max cool tests too) gels gravity and all, totally amazing :) pls portal 3 4 5 10
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Pawq wrote:
Lousku wrote:
elma player wrote:finished a game, too short
think about that for a minute
cmon mate, you're not seriously comparing portal to elma, are you? elma is elma, portal is just a game, so obviously i don't want to spend too much time doing the same stuff all over again.
Why wouldn't I compare them? There's a community around höyling Portal, a much bigger one than the community around Elma. It's understandable to go through games only finishing them, but if a nab showed up on EOL and said it's disappointingly quick to finish, you might tell them to try improving times or playing balles or whatever. :p
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Lousku wrote:Why wouldn't I compare them? There's a community around höyling Portal, a much bigger one than the community around Elma.
ofc, but i am a member of the elma community, and in no way of portal. that was you could say that every single game is endlessly long, because, of course, you can hoyl everything as long as you want.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Yeesh, Abula, Balazs and Csaba will smite you if you höyl anything else ever.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I'm not saying that I'll never hoyl anything else. But do you get the point?
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Pawq wrote:is just a game, so obviously i don't want to spend too much time doing the same stuff all over again.
this description is same for elma
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:I'm not saying that I'll never hoyl anything else. But do you get the point?
Go on, and i support you wholeheartedly in fighting for your cause, but i'm just going to let you know you CANNOT win this argument because Lousku is fundamentally correct. :P
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I get the point in that I wouldn't höyl Portal very much either. There's no fundamental höyläbility factor that sets Elma and Portal apart, but I guess Elma is just more appealing to us. Though if you were disappointed in the length and wanted moar, you'd probably have at least a little bit of fun höyling teh! 8)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I kept rewriting my text over and over again, I end up with this text: portal got nothing on elma.
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

Portal has got a story -- Elma has got nothing.

Once the story is finished, everything is finished. One cannot resurrect Glade- Mr. [Spoilers]

Elma and Doom have no story -- they are eternal.

Doom has no story, okay? grrr!!!...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Myst is very cool game. I have yet to finish it despite trying it over and over again for 15 years.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yeah anonymous32. When I think about it most of the greatest games I've played none of them have a static story, instead the stories and atmospheres come from complicated combinations of simple game rules and mechanics on randomized or user created maps. And the strength of elma compared any other games is the lev creation. It is so ridiculously fast and you can accidently come up with very complex "story" with just few mins work. The only "good" story-driven game is like... fallout, and even there you can 'modify' the story quite a lot.

yeah igge i tried myst not long ago, very weird game, I ended up reading a ton of books and I realized it went way over my head and quitted :(

yeah mans
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Haruhi wrote:
Pawq wrote:I'm not saying that I'll never hoyl anything else. But do you get the point?
Go on, and i support you wholeheartedly in fighting for your cause, but i'm just going to let you know you CANNOT win this argument because Lousku is fundamentally correct. :P
omg nabs, i never said elma is better than poratl or anything, but it's holy for me (most of us, meh?) as we are its dedicated worshippers, that's what makes it unworthy of comparing imo. it's just like like with gfs, most guys think (/say/whatever) that their gfs are the most beautiful girls they know, even though that probably wouldn't be the case if those girls weren't their gfs. but they are, mans worship them and don't want to hear about anything else, even though other girls might be just as cool, or even cooler to hoyl. do you get my point?

and wtf anonymous, elma doesn't have a story!? u mad?
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Torchlight, prepairing for TL2.
Ragequitted at lvl 25, wanted to enchant a unique ring, and I lost ALL stats on it. Now i can only wear my weapons :evil: But it was fun until this stupid feature^^
I hope TL2 will be better.
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

anyone else beside me preparing for borderlands 2 release?
geomatric hallucinations
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

How do you prepare? Kegels?
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Lousku wrote:How do you prepare? Kegels?
intense masturbation
geomatric hallucinations
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

inf, play more elma please!)
ToMaT
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

infected wrote:anyone else beside me preparing for borderlands 2 release?
MEEEEEEEEE :D
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Lords of the Ring Online --> Installed --> looked at Hobbit --> Hobbit wears shoes --> ragequitted --> deinstalled!

Back to Torchlight 2, lvl 77 Berserker, btw the real D3!
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

I'm a huge Halo fan, can't wait for halo 4. The previews are looking really good, and it's a new trilogy about to start from were the third ended in a mystery. The special atmosphere in the game, the mystery, discovering and really worked out storyline makes me immersed and I get frustrated not knowing EVERYTHING.

There is a real good stat site that shows Everthing you've ever done online. I can go back to my first halo 3 match in 2007 and see through where and when I got killed or killed someone, quite unnecessary but the details are awesome. The ranking system is like relative rank in elma, which makes it hard to achieve top rank and be able to keep it.
I love ranking, leveling, stats, and times because of the achievement feeling, which I guess exists in every consistent elmaplayer.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Asier
Kuski

Colour Bind

Post by Asier »

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to tell you about a new game that has been released on Steam.
It's called Colour Bind, a physics-based puzzle platformer, it reminds me of Elma in many aspects.

It has a lot to do with gravity changes, controls are more simple than in Elma but I would say that the complexity is more in the environment.
There is a global leaderboard with number of medals and best times, there are achievements, secret levels, best times, replays that can be saved...
I thinks it's really great.

Here is the link to the game store page, with videos and images: http://store.steampowered.com/app/208710/
And here is the link to the official web site: http://www.colourbind.com

Finally, I would like to clear up that I'm not connected to the development team or marketing or anything like that, I just enjoyed the game and thought that here there are potential gamers who may also like it.

And that's all, I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Here's a trailer. Nice Elma reference there. :) Looks pretty good, I'll try it.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Why is there no demo version ._.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

i am just waiting until it will be some 75% off, then buy.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I played amle2 yesterday! First time in more than a year that I played a computer game for more than 5 mins.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

teajay wrote:I played amle2 yesterday! First time in more than a year that I played a computer game for more than 5 mins.
about same thing over here. rare video gaming except amle. last time was trials hd about a year ago. before that, long time no touch.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i'll kill the bastard who changed half of my Gothic 2 texts to english in patch without saying
and fucked the installer up, so that you can't uninstall the patch itself and have to reinstall the whole game, cool as i've left the game at home -.-
Asier
Kuski

Colour Bind

Post by Asier »

Tigro wrote:i am just waiting until it will be some 75% off, then buy.
Just to say that Colour Bind is 75% off these days. ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/208710/ )

Has anyone tried it? I'm looking forward to reading your impressions.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Recently got into Lineage 1 again and playing on a private server called lineage zero. A bit of a pain to install but it's good fun once you get it up and running.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Lousku
Kuski

Re: Colour Bind

Post by Lousku »

Asier wrote:
Tigro wrote:i am just waiting until it will be some 75% off, then buy.
Just to say that Colour Bind is 75% off these days. ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/208710/ )

Has anyone tried it? I'm looking forward to reading your impressions.
Just bought it. Will post after playing.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

This Colour Bind has serious cult potential. Not because of vague resemblance with elma, physically it's not similar at all. But very höyläble, and has a great lev editor that ensures replay value. Thanks for posting here, Asier, I appreciate you going off to find the community of an ancient inspirational game. :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

yeah, exactly Lousku´s experience. Bought, will play, will say. Ez buy some moar these days. I recommend Portal 2 for some easy 3,xx euros, great price, i bought it for some 5€ half a year ago, with serious discount.
I like this kind of buying games since i don´t feel i am robbing someone. everything legal.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

If all games were that cheap, my shelf would be bent under the weight of my collection =) The ones I'd like to buy are Just Cause 2 (probably will soon, pretty cheap at ~7e) and CoD MW2 (probably won't buy soon, pretty expensive at ~19e).
Last edited by pawq on 22 Nov 2012, 22:12, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I play free2play Battlefield 1942 and some Team Fortress 2. So far I wasted 2,034.2 hours on TF2 since 2007 and about 2 hours on BF1942 since last week. :D I play many mobile games, but they are mobile, so they don't belong to this topic.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Asier
Kuski

Colour Bind

Post by Asier »

Lousku, Tigro, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you tried it and have good vibrations.
If you like and get hooked on it, you'll find challenging to get all the gold medals in the standard levels and get the secret levels done. Hours and hours of game-play guaranteed.
Also the leaderboards, the level editor and the Steam workshop (to share the custom levels) give it extra value. In my opinion it's worth at it's original price and now at 75% off it's a giveaway.

Lousku, thanks for your appreciation, I used to play Elma and I was convinced that some people around here would also like the game, so I'm trying to promote it, as I enjoyed it a lot. Also, it seems that not many people are playing it (yet), so, as you said, it may become a nice indie cult game :D
:beer:
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

many gold medals, few platinium medals so far.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Bought PS3, GT5 and Uncharted. I have played only GT5, is fun. Tomorrow I will try Uncharted. Also planning to buy Little Big Planet to play with my friends. I guess we'll buy the first in the series since it is quite cheap and I don't think the new ones are that much better. Or..??
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
ElrondMcBong
Kuski

Post by ElrondMcBong »

Super Hexagon 8O 2.99 on steam

My eyes bleed a lil bit, but its ok 8)

Finished hard after "a few" trys^^

Max hoyla game :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Finally got down and finished my one and only steam game... FEAR 2 @_@ so amazing, i started yesterday like at 23 and managed to turn it off by 6am or so, today started at 22 and finished now at 4, i'd play longer though! All the advantages of FEAR XP + good graphics! Amazing soundtrack in all the games <3
Now I guess I have to play F3AR, but the poster isn't too encouraging :(
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

FINALLY finished Black Ops 2... Must be the worst game I've ever played -.-
Also dled Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, hmmmmmm............
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Playing Penumbra. Finished Overture and partway through Black Plague. Fun fun fun! Amnesia next!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Skyrim, 10 hours in a couple days played (that's a lot for me) :)
39:37,91
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

How do you like it so far Xarthok?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

A.K.B. wrote:Playing Penumbra. Finished Overture and partway through Black Plague. Fun fun fun! Amnesia next!
As much as I like Penumbra, Amnesia is a better game by far. It's like taking the best parts out of penumbra and making that into a game of it's own.

Can't wait until Machine for pigs comes out. It was recently postponed (again) to later this summer, but I see that as a good thing)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I started playing Amnesia just yesterday :D interesting...
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Igge wrote:
A.K.B. wrote:Playing Penumbra. Finished Overture and partway through Black Plague. Fun fun fun! Amnesia next!
As much as I like Penumbra, Amnesia is a better game by far. It's like taking the best parts out of penumbra and making that into a game of it's own.

Can't wait until Machine for pigs comes out. It was recently postponed (again) to later this summer, but I see that as a good thing)
Goodie! Much to look forward to.

And I will be able to run in 2560x1440, none of this 1280x720 Overture shit, or 1920x1080 primitive Black Plague ballsack. Wonder why elma has not a resolution of this?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

penumbra black plague was sick.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Yesterday I finished Dune 1 game. took me 3 hours total to walkthrough. This game really rocks.
Still playing DotA 1, started Terraria and Magicka. I am going to dl some super mega old games from abandonia.com or bestoldgames.net and play those. I love these games, so cool!