swimming

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

twipley
Kuski

swimming

Post by twipley »

how much kms have you swam? etc.

/just arrived from pool and feels like talking blue.
Zweq
34mins club

Re: swimming

Post by Zweq »

grannyinfested poliocunt herpes chloride water
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

2,5 two weeks ago, 0,5 this monday morning, I will do 1 this afternoon.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I have swum like 10 km. In my whole life.
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

I don't know how much. Need some tools or approximately lengths of lakes/etc. I rarely swim in swimming pool.
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Zweq wrote:grannyinfested poliocunt herpes chloride water
i'm never getting back into pool again.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I just started again and I swam 1500 meters yesterday. I think my longest swammer in one session is about 2200 meters. Maybe in a few weeks/months I can swim 5km easily. I just don't think I will be motivated for so many months.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Sessions over where I am going are one-hour ones, but I am feeling those are going by so fast -- I would remain in for another hour if it were me.
Xiphias wrote:Maybe in a few weeks/months I can swim 5km easily. I just don't think I will be motivated for so many months.
Well. You have to remember just how much good swimming is doing to you. I just discovered it back yesterday -- and that good psychic and physic feeling is still kicking in, 12 hours afterwards. :)

swimming rules. :beer:
Last edited by twipley on 1 Nov 2012, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

twipley wrote:Sessions over where I am going are one-hour ones, but I am feeling those are going by so fast -- I would remain in for another hour if it were me.
1 hour? Is that with showering/getting dressed? If so then that is ludicrous.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Xiphias wrote:1 hour? Is that with showering/getting dressed? If so then that is ludicrous.
it starts at 9 p.m. when people are dressed, but at 9:50 they start dismantling so that the corridor i was swimming in was so curved -- which is when I found out that they were dismantling.

i could have drowned. but obviously no one would have noticed since they were so busy at getting me drowned. :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

The swimming pool I just started going to has 2 hour sessions, so no need to hurry. I was in one gym in Ireland where they also had a swimming pool, as a member you could stay as long as you wanted. They also had a steam room and sauna just beside the pool. Was exquisitely nice.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Xiphias wrote:They also had a steam room and sauna just beside the pool. Was exquisitely nice.
Good thing is we got that, too. Small town, although we got that just beside the pool. Some people waste half an hour in it, though, it seems. :)

I never went in. Ez stay an hour in if I got there, though. I am also afraid that people would lock me inside. OCD-obsessions causing lots of distress. :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

twipley wrote:
Xiphias wrote:They also had a steam room and sauna just beside the pool. Was exquisitely nice.
Good thing is we got that, too. Small town, although we got that just beside the pool. Some people waste half an hour in it, though, it seems. :)

I never went in. Ez stay an hour in if I got there, though. I am also afraid that people would lock me inside. OCD-obsessions causing lots of distress. :)
You have it all wrong. You are supposed to swim until you are totally knackered and when you are finished you go to the sauna for relaxation. :P
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

i just walk
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

jonsykkel wrote:i just walk
so brave
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Xiphias wrote:You are supposed to swim until you are totally knackered and when you are finished you go to the sauna for relaxation.
I'll keep that in mind for future use. :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I have a swimming pool here, where you can start at 7 AM until 6 PM, then again between 8 and 10 PM. But yeah, with my crappy knees I easily have had enough of the swimming at 500 metres. We'll see how that goes in the future.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

teajay wrote:I have a swimming pool here, where you can start at 7 AM until 6 PM, then again between 8 and 10 PM.
Ez sauna after that. :D

edit: where is your town again? i'm getting there asap. :)
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

A few years ago, I was living in that block where there was this pool, which I never seen anyone in it -- I would swim in there every night.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

In Finnish pools it seems you cane usually stay as long as it's open. Then there are old mans who go early in the morning every day, sit in sauna and leave when it closes, not using teh pool itself.

I don't swim apart from dipping in lake/sea a few times a year, dunno why I post here. :@
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Lousku wrote:there are old mans who go early in the morning every day, sit in sauna and leave when it closes, not using teh pool itself.
It helps with the wrinkles. To "acquire" them, I mean... :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hah, twipley, I live in Utrecht, but soon I will be living in Amsterdam again. Don't know about open/close times there.

Yesterday I swam 1100 metres. My brother and I did a competition on 25 metres, he beat me twice. I did 25 seconds with breaststroke, he did 24.5 secs with front crawl (but he admitted that he could do 17 secs about 5 years ago, when he used to train every week). I can't even execute a proper front crawl ;(
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

I myself do not know any "styles" besides the "normal" one I am using (I cannot even tell you the name). It is one breath at every 3 (or at every 5 if you are daring or up to it) strokes, arms reaching up in front of you, one at a time.

Last night I also told the brother I was swimming here and there -- if he'd be up for some competition. :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

That's front crawl, generally faster than breast stroke, if executed properly. But executing it properly is usually the problem. At least I can't do it properly.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Did another 1 km today! Next week will be the final time for a while, my subscription ends on the 7th. Though I guess I will buy a new one at my new place in december or january. Swimming feels good.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

teajay wrote:Swimming feels good.
Which cannot be stressed enough.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

teajay wrote:That's front crawl, generally faster than breast stroke, if executed properly.
And breast stroke? Is that like a dog swims? :?:
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

twipley wrote:
teajay wrote:That's front crawl, generally faster than breast stroke, if executed properly.
And breast stroke? Is that like a dog swims? :?:
breast stroke = frog
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?