Regret

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Regret

Post by gimp »

The other day I heard my friend say that she doesn't have any regrets. Almost in a way like saying she doesn't believe in the idea of having regrets. I disagree with this because I believe having regrets is a necessary mindset when it is needed. Like feeling the guilt for something you have done wrong will help you learn from your mistake. Not willing to have a regret means you don't think you should have to suffer, I thought it selfish.

I am not entirely content with what I think about this yet so I would like to hear some varying opinions.
God Bless America
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re: Regret

Post by Bismuth »

She meant she didn't want to spend time thinking about what she should have done about something and just think "it happened like that, there's nothing we can do for it now", and I think that's the good way to go. Of course, if you kill someone, you might regret. I've done some stupid things in the past and I regret some, but I don't have regrets for most of the good things I missed nor the good things I had and that disappeared (girlfriend, for example)
:mrhat:
twipleyy
Kuski

Post by twipleyy »

@gimp: nice to hear that out. been on my mind for quite some time. people always say to me: "do not regret."

i think too that regret is a necessary emotion to existence, forging future human actions. without regrets, bad, bad, bad.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

if you learn from your mistake and have regrets it's kind of contradictive....
you think it's selfish not to suffer?
wonder if there would be any suffering unless we found these good reasons to keep it up
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
twipleyy
Kuski

Post by twipleyy »

regret provides an incentive, a felt opportunity to learn from your mistakes. it's a quite basic type of operant conditioning, in which your own behavior has to be adapted to the emotional circumstances of your mind. mind it or not, it is mind at work. regret forges future human action.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i don't regret anything. i love my life at the moment and having done anything differently probably wouldn't lead me to where i am now.
39:37,91
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i think you have a point guys... if you did something you are not happy about it makes you think, and it can help you become a better person...

but what kind of better person are you aiming for? i surely like xarthok's spirit. i'm not much into this regret thing anymore. i'm not saying it never comes, but i much more advocate to forget the past and focus on what would make life the most beautiful right now.... and the past is only there in the shadow. it has formed who i am, but i don't need to actively focuse on it.... and the future is there as an incentive.. the incentive that makes me glow with the fire from within as to what i want to do right now that creates the most motivation for me to exist ;)
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I also do not regret anything. Ofc there are things I could've done differently but but... Temporary regret I do feel and that's where I learn (lajk: whaj did I drink so much???), but nothing bigger I would really like to change. After all, my life situation is pretty much what I've always wanted. Hmm, I even think it would be awful to regret something you've done, day after another.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I have regrets, there are stupid decisions i've made that have haunted me for years and i'm only fucking 17.

But that being said, those decisions have lead to good things down the road, so i try not to let them get to me.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Being full of regrets is bad, or at least regrettable. Being regretful is good.

:)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

tj going straightly to 10k.
no regrets?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Not at all my friend. Not at all.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

regret is closely associated with the thought i've had lately, what if i could live my life again, press a magic restart button. With the current wisdom of my strenghts, weaknesses and passions I'd höyl snooker like satan and become pro.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Zweq wrote:regret is closely associated with the thought i've had lately, what if i could live my life again, press a magic restart button. With the current wisdom of my strenghts, weaknesses and passions I'd höyl snooker like satan and become pro.
Somehow too late to start now?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I have a lot of regret, or guilt rather. I don't really know why but lately I feel it a lot.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

me too lately i open my venis more than usual.