Everything

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Tigro
Kuski

Re: Everything

Post by Tigro »

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I guess this is quite an appropriate topic,

new Steven Wilson album has already leaked, 1.5months before release o,o The Raven That Refused to Sing (and other stories), listening now, max stuff =)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

The sheer objective to write everything makes me very nervous. The only thing that would work is to write 'everything', then you're done. But now that we have started, we are doomed to fail. There's is no way that this topic could contain everything. I'd suggest renaming it to 'anything', for that would fit the content much better.
pawq
38mins club

Re: Anything

Post by pawq »

teajay wrote:The sheer objective to write everything makes me very nervous. The only thing that would work is to write 'everything', then you're done. But now that we have started, we are doomed to fail. There's is no way that this topic could contain everything. I'd suggest renaming it to 'anything', for that would fit the content much better.
Actually I very thoroughly agree with you, I don't know how this could have gone unnoticed until now! Thank you for being the guardian of our accuracy tj =)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

teajay relevant post.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

teajay wrote:The sheer objective to write everything makes me very nervous. The only thing that would work is to write 'everything', then you're done. But now that we have started, we are doomed to fail. There's is no way that this topic could contain everything. I'd suggest renaming it to 'anything', for that would fit the content much better.
Of course it can't contain everything as even given unlimited amount of time we won't be able to directly observe any events that ever happen more than 62 billion light years away (19 billion parsecs away). In infinite future the light will never reach us.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

hahaahahahhh, jesus where do these einsteins come from
Pingywings
Kuski
Team: singy

Post by Pingywings »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXZORfOWVEI

this topic contains everything now, sleep easy
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Call me racist or whatever but this is kinda funny don't ya think?

ToMaT
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

no
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

summon inglip
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Pingywings
Kuski

Post by Pingywings »

saw this while in fl studio today, made me lol

*rhythm foh q anpdad
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Just wasted a full hour clicking a page in domain host's website, trying to get to the DNS management section, but THEY SUCK COCK SO HARD THAT FUCKING SITE WORKS LIEK HORSESHIT.

Normally I am quite calm, but this stuff really hits me hard.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

In semelparous populations, dormant germ banks (e.g. seeds) have been proposed as important in maintaining genotypes that are adaptive at different times in fluctuating environments. Such hidden storage of genetic diversity need not be exclusive to dormant banks. Genotype diversity may be preserved in many iteroparous animals through sperm-storage mechanisms in females. This allows males to reproduce posthumously and increase the effective sizes of seemingly female-biased populations. Although long-term sperm storage has been demonstrated in many organisms, the understanding of its importance in the wild is very poor. We here show the prevalence of male posthumous reproduction in wild Trinidadian guppies, through the combination of mark–recapture and pedigree analyses of a multigenerational individual-based dataset. A significant proportion of the reproductive population consisted of dead males, who could conceive up to 10 months after death (the maximum allowed by the length of the dataset), which is more than twice the estimated generation time. Demographic analysis shows that the fecundity of dead males can play an important role in population growth and selection.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Chris wrote:In semelparous populations, dormant ...
Done with reading.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

People had been eating feces for almost million years. American anthropologists from Kansas discovered in the south India a set of lurid cavemen drawings that has been dated to late-most Quaternary period. They illustrate usually an elder representative of mankind defecating on their hands in a kneel-down position in order to sate their hunger. According to a known Darwinist, professor of genetics, science writer, broadcaster and supporter of humanism, Steve Jones, whose book entitled “Is Man just another Animal? The View from the Genes” appeared to be a scientific bestseller in 2011 states that the evolution process might have taken up to 780,000 years to completely eliminate this taste bud from the human genotype. The University of Lincoln professor after being accused of deliberately adding up to the researched period, remarked that in the early Australopithecus era, the instincts were basically the only determinants of the every-day life, just along with the parenthood need. When there was a way to satisfy one's hunger, there simply wasn't much hesitation what eatable to eat and the overall huge bacterial flora consumption used to ensure that digestive problems and stomachache were the most common discomforts. Of course the species representatives with nowadays-unthinkable taste buds lived much shorter, but more often than not it wasn't an obstacle for reproduction, what always left the crossbreeding genetics rules a chance for the offspring to be born with the concerned genome. As an example of a taste bud change in recent biocoenosis he summons the instance of cockroach, in which the species with the average lifespan of 1 year, took not more than 80 years to completely refrain from eating sweet aliment that was often poisonous and causing an imminent death due to human repellents.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I'm drunk. Typing gramatically correct really takes a lot of concentration. I'm also sleepy. Good night.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

My friend got killed in the car crash yesterday evening. :cry:
Pingywings
Kuski

Post by Pingywings »

shiiiiit, im sorry :(((
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Tigro wrote:
Chris wrote:In semelparous populations, dormant ...
Done with reading.
Same here :mrgreen:
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ah damn Tigro, that's awful :(( Was it a close friend? :(
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Not very, however we had very good relationship. He was my classmate on high school. Nobody should die at the age of 19.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Yeah, it sukcs to the extreme :/ Well, may his soul rest in peace, and you hold on Tigro!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

His car:

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I've just watched The Hurt Locker, and I loved the soundtrack! I wouldn't mind if this was a new GY!BE album, so all the fanbois - in case you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7-iWl2R ... 4BD282065F
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I just noticed Crippled Black Phoenix's "A Love of Shared Disasters" has some lyrics that sound Finnish, but I can't pick out many words. Kinda sounds like sung by someone who doesn't know Finnish at all. Or it could be some small relative language.

The Lament Of The Nithered Mercenary

Some Sami language here? :D

My Enemies I Fear Not, But Protect Me From My Friends

olen kadonnut sokea ????
tunteiden sokerointi
minä putoilen pimeyteen
se nousee ???? minut
yksinäisyys minun sieluni
sieluni ????
yksinäisyys minun sieluni
sieluni ????
???? ????

HELP! :D
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

oke i try
edit: no
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

oké
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Sick Igge! It made me think that I should get back to drawing levs too :P but then...
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

if multiverse exist, this discussion is pointless, because everything you ever imagine is somewhere. There is nothing to discuss because everything can happen. Elma scene with 10000 Pawqs. It exist somewhere. Elma with banana. It is somewhere. Pointless discussion..
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Chris wrote:if multiverse exist, this discussion is pointless, because everything you ever imagine is somewhere. There is nothing to discuss because everything can happen. Elma scene with 10000 Pawqs. It exist somewhere. Elma with banana. It is somewhere. Pointless discussion..
Then there is also a safe haven where we are bereft of thy corrupt and wicked soul, where thy cynicism shalt never lay host to the mind of any being upon our frail and beautiful Earth.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Pingywings
Kuski

Post by Pingywings »

Chris wrote:Elma with banana.
BAP
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Interhybritizer wrote:
Chris wrote:if multiverse exist, this discussion is pointless, because everything you ever imagine is somewhere. There is nothing to discuss because everything can happen. Elma scene with 10000 Pawqs. It exist somewhere. Elma with banana. It is somewhere. Pointless discussion..
Then there is also a safe haven where we are bereft of thy corrupt and wicked soul, where thy cynicism shalt never lay host to the mind of any being upon our frail and beautiful Earth.
If you say there is something, there is. Point any direction and you will point that thing, event etc. Any direction. If multiverse is unlimited you will point anything you want to find. Move your finger slighty and you will will still point anything you want to point. Everything that ever happened, happens or happen were, is AND will be somewhere. Again, point your finger and that thing will be there.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

prety sure that multiverse theori thing doesnt say everything imaginable exists, its pasibel to imagine things that are mathematicaly inpasibel
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

jonsykkel wrote:prety sure that multiverse theori thing doesnt say everything imaginable exists, its pasibel to imagine things that are mathematicaly inpasibel
If there is infinitive number of universes, everything is possible.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

If there's infinite amount of universes it still doesn't mean that every possible universe exists. For example the set of numbers 0,2,4,6,8,... has infinite amount of numbers but still it misses infinite amount of numbers, i.e. 1,3,5,7,9,...

And AFAIK the multiverse theory is more about universes existing with different (random) physics constants or physics in general. It doesn't necessarily say that there even exists two universes with exactly similar physics (which would be relevant to having all the possible realities existing from our universe's point of view, like an elma scene with 10000 Pawqs).
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Chris wrote:If there is infinitive number of universes, everything is possible.
This is basically the monkeys and typewriters argument. Which is just absolute bollocks. Since there's an infinite manner of ways to arrange any number of letters, even just one (q, qq, qqq, qqqq etc.), there is no reason to think that any particular pattern should be repeated.

There is of course a finite number of different particles in the universe, and presuming our universe is infinite, it's infinetly impossible that there shouldn't be an infinite number of Milky Ways spread throughout. And at this point discussing this stuff is just rediculous.

Cake.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

You both don't get the scale of infinity. Any pattern is possible.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Chris wrote:You both don't get the scale of infinity.
You don't either. There is in fact no possible way that any human ever can remotely grasp the consept of infinity.
Chris wrote:Any pattern is possible.
This is true, but infinity on it's own has no boundries, and without boundries it has no obligation to repeat itself. Nor will any number of monkeys and typewriters result in the complete works of Shakespeare, not even given an infinite amount of time. You toss about with the word as if you knew all things in this world, yet by the bluntness of your arguments it really seems as if you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about.

---

I like trees. They just stand there, listening. They listen to the birds chirping happily. To squirrels jumping from branch to branch. To the wind rustling their leaves. They listen to dogs barking, children playing, planes flying overhead, and the faint sound of faraway traffic. They listen to me when I whistle quitely to myself one dewey moring out in the woods. The smallest trees will remember me even after I die, and when they're old and withered they might hear a young man trotting through the woods. Suddenly he starts whisteling a long forgotten melody, and they will remember their youth, when the world was so different than it is now.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Interhybritizer wrote:This is true, but infinity on it's own has no boundries, and without boundries it has no obligation to repeat itself. Nor will any number of monkeys and typewriters result in the complete works of Shakespeare, not even given an infinite amount of time. You toss about with the word as if you knew all things in this world, yet by the bluntness of your arguments it really seems as if you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about.
The portability that finite string will occur given infinite time is 1 in other words it will almost surely happen. The absence of such a event is not impossible, but it's still statistically 0 (any number divided by ∞ is 0).

It's similar to probability of bus arriving exactly at 18:01. The probability is statistically exactly 0 as 1/∞ is essentially 0. The bus may always arrive a ridiculously small fraction of second late or early like 18:01,00000000000000000000001 etc etc. You can only find probability of bus arriving during some fixed period of time like between 18:01 and 18:02, but you still exclude the end points. It's (18:01,18:02), never [18:01,18:02].
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Since this is a topic about everything may I just chime in and say reading Interhybritizer's paragraph about the trees made me happy. Is it taken from somewhere or did you write it yourself?

Anyhow, carry on.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hi is hard to imagine that pointing finger to any direction on the sky there is another EOL where only good levels are being batled
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

another universe where Zweq isn't retired, wrtt already 31.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Igge wrote:Since this is a topic about everything may I just chime in and say reading Interhybritizer's paragraph about the trees made me happy. Is it taken from somewhere or did you write it yourself?

Anyhow, carry on.
I wrote it myself just then. It fell out of me right as I was about to click "submit", and I decided to keep it in. I'm happy it made you happy =D
<nick-o-matic> niec

Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

That verse made me happy too, Inter! =D

Just returned from a few days at a forest cabin that is maxerest max by all standards I care about. Sat down and picked a lauta topic to read, happened to be this one. In teh forest I happened to discuss överi things like teh multiverse with a scifi guy under a clear starry sky. Discussing something like that doesn't really serve other purposes than feeling all x-filey and small. AFAIK at most it's a hypothesis used to explain why the values of physics are as they are, so there's not really much to argue about. Except logic, of course. Teh only bit I understand is that ∞ - 1 = ∞ therefore every possible variation is not necessarily included in an infinity.

My sig is very relevant right about now.
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

I have a bicycle...
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Pingywings
Kuski