EOL to IRC gateway

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Domovoy
Kuski

EOL to IRC gateway

Post by Domovoy »

Out of curiosity made the gateway from irc to eol chat. All eol public messages are translated to certain irc channel. All latin messages from the irc channel are translated back to eol chat. I hope it doesn't break eol EULA.

Extensively tested with anpe for about 15 mins. He was kind enough to provide this glorious screenshot: http://kopasite.net/up/g07u20lhd8c7yrk/eol2.png
Corresponding IRC log looked like this: http://kopasite.net/up/xi9sg5u4q1a786m/eol_irc.png

Current alpha-version is launched at #irc_eol@ircnet. I will be surprised if it lasts for more than half an hour. Please don't abuse because I don't know how much the bot impacts EOL server.

If find it useful, ez move it to #across and add features.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: EOL to IRC gateway

Post by Mawane »

awesome, now could chat on eol at work from mobile :D
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I feel like having messages from irc be posted in EOL is gonna spam EOL chat with too much irrelevant stuff. So I don't really like that feature. It would be different in some elma 2 where we could have different chat tabs inside EOL. The other way around however is good, as long as it doesn't spam the server, ie. reads http://elmaonline.net/chat every second, but I'm fairly certain that's not the case.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Relevance of discussion is totally dependent on the players though. The same way it is now in eol. Some players can and will spam the hell out of eol, irc gateway or not.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Very coal, I've been waiting for sach! It would be nice if messages sent back to EOL would also show the writer.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

News:

1. The bot was tad updated:
* added eol join notification feature, removed it because was to spammy
* bot is now capable of not sending certain users msgs to eol. If you happen to be such user, bot informs you privately. Ignorelist is maintained by anpe, striker and bene.
* bot now says if disconnected from eol
* bot informs when battle is started or finished
* only messages prefixed with "+" will go to eol chat

2. The bot was successfully banned from EOL. Of course, we have to respect EOL maintainer's decision, so the bot is indefinitely offline. I personally find this particular decision to be ungrounded, because only one IRC man misbehaved, and only one EOL man complained. IRC man could misbehave in EOL as well, and EOL man could very well ignore bot messages. Also I find this decision to be slightly rushed, because bot was banned only couple of minutes before the release of "+"-feature, not to say that I could easily turn the bot off is asked.

Kopaka says he can unban the bot if the "+" feature is made or if the bot is made read-only. I can make it read-only alright, but that's the emergency plan. Before that, we need to figure out if we can leave the bot talkative. The events showed that the bot needs to be constantly protected from abuse, which I never intended to do. So we need some extra-sofisticated system that will work on its own. Please suggest your anti-abuse ideas in here, if they are easy to implement, I'll implement them, and bot becomes unbanned for couple more days until people figure out how to abuse it :D

All in all, that was fun: only two days back in scene, already created eol bot and got baned.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

need EOL user connection so cant fake nicks and if spam, simple chat ban (applies to ingame chat). but i dont this that pos to connect to account
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I thought it was obvious someone will eventually spam the irc channel. I also thought you should implement some automatic temporary +m or SPERMANENT banning on the irc channel.

No idea of good uses for this gateway, beside logging the chat.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

basically EOL chat is already a flood of shit (most of the time) so I find it amusing that a clever tool like this is accused of spam. We're all grown-ups now (except berh for some reason), so let this useless feature its chance.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Sorry I forgot to post the update in here: after 2 hours of downtime Kopaka unbanned the bot, many thanks for that. Everything seems to work fine. However I still think it won't hurt to implement more advanced protection.
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

comic sans for irc client? madness o,o
Image ^_^
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

epp wrote:comic sans for irc client? madness o,o
Haha I agree =D
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

There are some networking issues in the datacenter, so the bot was down for about half an hour, now it's up again, but may be unstable until issues are resolved.

Also, it is obviously not a Comic Sans, but a Monaco font which is a default fixed-width font in OS X and is somewhat praised for the eye-comfort.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Bot updated. Changelog:
1. EOL protocol handling seriously refactored, now very easy to add support for new messages.
2. Bot now reconnects on disconnects both from EOL and IRC, so more robust and needs less attention. Even if it crashes, good chances are it will return in couple of seconds.
3. Battle queue support, shows queue contents every time queue is updated.
4. Battle type and attributes are now displayed.
5. Battle results are no longer displayed.
6. Couple of bugfixes.

What of requested features I didn't make and why:
1. Get results list from server instead of gathering them along the battle. Didn't make because I'm waiting for anpe to collect traffic dump for me. Hope to make tomorrow.
2. Replay link. First, official eol player needs both level and battle ids of which I currently only have the latter. Second, I think this will generate some extra load on elmaonline site, so I better launch rec player on the bot server. Hope to make tomorrow.
3. List of online players. Probably will implement tomorrow as a private message.
4. RSS feed of lauta. Probably should be made on #across.
5. Show last battle winner and last battle name privately is asked. I don't see how this can be useful.
6. Cut long IRC messages to not flood EOL chat. I don't think that long IRC messages are that often for this to be an issue.
7. Shorten ingame "<irc> <nick> message" to "<@nick> message". Not possible because chat lines are rendered by EOL client, not this bot.

All in all I think that tomorrow the bot Mk1 will be complete, so if you have more feature requests, post them now or wait for Mk2 which can be never released.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Replay link is done. Looks like this: http://elma.seamy.ru/#8519c4c27ed9
Rec player provided by Maxadamantus: https://github.com/Maxdamantus/recplay
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Domovoy wrote:Replay link is done. Looks like this: http://elma.seamy.ru/#8519c4c27ed9
Rec player provided by Maxadamantus: https://github.com/Maxdamantus/recplay
:beer:
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I just get an empty white page when clicking the replay links (firefox, win 7)

Other features that could be nice would be some !abort [reason] and !admin [quetion] sent as private message to the bot that sends that message to some admin irc channel or something like that. Could just make a highlight for !abort in #irc_eol of course, but it might have some stuff you don't want to say in public.
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

I have one rec player suggestion feature.

Could it be possible to have some fixed url (liek http://elma.seamy.ru/#latest) for the latest battle win rec? Would be nice to bookmark that url and any time I want to check latest battle win rec I just go there.

This player is already awesome but if easy to implement would be nice feature imo.

edit. Kopaka, Chrome works.
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Does the orginal http://maxdamantus.github.io/recplay/ work alright? If it does, I've screwed up with the page layout which is no surprise :D
Kopaka wrote:I just get an empty white page when clicking the replay links (firefox, win 7)
There's a slight chance you tested at the same time I modified the code. If it still doesn't work, does the orginal http://maxdamantus.github.io/recplay/ work? If it does, the problem is likely in "#" symbol, which I plan to get rid of anyway.
Kopaka wrote:Other features that could be nice would be some !abort [reason] and !admin [quetion] sent as private message to the bot that sends that message to some admin irc channel or something like that. Could just make a highlight for !abort in #irc_eol of course, but it might have some stuff you don't want to say in public.
Well, this exact description is not very hard to implement. But I wonder if any kind of backwards communication is intended? I mean, there's not much sense in translating questions to some channel and not translating answers back. But this kind of proxying will take rather significant changes in code, which is very sad. Also, wouldn't it be more appropriate to integrate this kind of functionality in the KOPASITE bot? I mean, as long as there's EOL, there'll be Kopasite bot, and this bot's destiny is yet unknown.
Ismo wrote:Could it be possible to have some fixed url (liek http://elma.seamy.ru/#latest) for the latest battle win rec? Would be nice to bookmark that url and any time I want to check latest battle win rec I just go there.
It's possible, yes. Not in current configuration, however. I will try to come up with some solution later today.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

rekplay doesn't work for me on an old opera (super old), but does on a new one. that mastodontus rekplay link works on both thogh. So propaply a bug in you're's inplementation somewhere :}
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Domovoy wrote:
Does the orginal http://maxdamantus.github.io/recplay/ work alright? If it does, I've screwed up with the page layout which is no surprise :D
http://i.imgur.com/cxQ24L0.png
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Oke a minor upgrade.

1. Replays for battles shouldn't be out of sync anymore, but who needs that since we have recsource.tv.
2. Fixed some ridiculous bug with battle results lists, hopefully EOL_bot won't go into that "can't connect to eol" loop anymore.
3. In IRC pm EOL_bot with "!online" to get a list of online players. You can pm "!online <nick>" to see if the specific user is online.
4. In IRC pm EOL_bot with "!msg <nick> <message>" to send a pm to this user in EOL. Once you sent a message with that syntax, you can omit "!msg <nick> "part, all such messages will be delivered to the last EOL user you sent message to.
5. If EOL user is offline, message will be delivered once he gets online. Kinda answering machine. To prevent abuse, only last offline message from every IRC user is delivered to EOL user.
6. In EOL pm irc with "!ignore <nick>!<name>@<host>"/"!unignore <nick>!<name>@<host>" to block messages from this irc mask. You can list all ignored masks with "!ignored".
7. In EOL pm irc with "!msg <nick> message" to send message to #irc_eol user with this nick. Once you sent a message, you can omit "!msg <nick> " part, all further messages will be delivered to the last irc user you sent message to.

I was kinda lazy to test, so some of those functions may not work to some extent up to complete bot crash. Also, for now, offline messages are not saved upon bot restart, so no guarantees of delivery.

Also I have to give a fair warning that every single action is logged and every line of log is carefully monitored. Just as in EOL :D
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

unworks:
22:55 <b0ne> !msg zero hi from irc pm
22:55 <EOL_bot> eol user is offline, message is stored
works:
22:55 <b0ne> !msg Zero hi from irc pm

eol nicks are nat case sensitiv but they are in eol bot pms osv.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

bene and 5tr1k3r were kind enough to suggest their help with the bot, so i hope from today they are working on bot logics and im enjoying my life.
they are very skillful so feel free to post suggestions and bugreports, everything will be fiksed.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

bene please include this =D
It would be so funny if all Redlines irc quotes ended like this without him knowing!!

if($irc-nick=="Redline")
{
+=$output "I'm also Russia and I drink beer";
}
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Having messages stored to offline users and sent later might be a bit weird in some cases. If the guy went offline since you checked and you're saying something relevant to current battle for example. Maybe an option not to save, or to save in the first place.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Upon Pab's request, simple XML API for current battle was added: http://elma.seamy.ru:8880/current_battle. Fields description:

Code: Select all

start_delta - amount of seconds to battle start if positive, amount of seconds since start if negative

duration - battle duration in seconds. time left till battle end: duration + start_delta

id - battle id on elmaonline (http://elmaonline.net/battles/%s)

battle_attrs - bitmask of attributes. known attributes:
1 = "can see others",
2 = "can see times",
4 = "starter allowed to play",
8 = "bugs accepted",
16 = "no volt",
32 = "no turn",
64 = "one turn",
128 = "no brake",
256 = "no throttle",
512 = "always throttle",
1024 = "drunk"

battle_type - battle type. known battle types:
0 = "regular",
1 = "onelife",
2 = "ff",
3 = "slower",
4 = "longer",
5 = "last res counts",
6 = "finish count",
7 = "hour tt",
8 = "flag tag",
9 = "apple",
10 = "speed"
Known bugs and limitations:
1. When bot connects to EOL and the battle is ongoing, bot doesn't know how much of that battle already passed, so start_delta field is incorrect for that battle.
2. Bot has no idea about battle abortions, so it will show that there is a battle, even if it was stopped already.

Both bugs are easy to fix, will fix eventually.

Also please note that this API was made to reduce unnecessary load on elmaonline website, but my server is not very capable too, and is in no way protected from DoS attacks, so if there will be any abuse, I'll just shut down both the API and the bot.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

sik this thx
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Oke i guess i fixed both mentioned bugs. As a bonus, bot now says how much of balle left if connected in the middle of and says if a balle is aborted (didn't have a chance to test though).

If there are any other requests regarding getting info about balles in convenient xml/json form, b0ne will happily make them happen.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

thats very kind of bot
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

I suggest we move all API discussion to a dedicated topic: http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9308.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Your bot is currently spamming the irc_eol channel and reconnecting every second to EOL.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Minor bot update: from now on all winner recs will be uploaded on recsource.tv. If you for some reason relied on elma.seamy.ru links, you should not anymore.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Weren't all battle recs uploaded by Palomies bot or something before? Battles tab.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yes, there was a script on the server. However, this new method is (supposedly) more reliable and faster because it can up recs immediately after user uploads a replay instead of relying on polling elmaonline.net (which is what my script did).
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
ROKKEBOL
Kuski

Post by ROKKEBOL »

ville_j wrote:Yes, there was a script on the server. However, this new method is (supposedly) more reliable and faster because it can up recs immediately after user uploads a replay instead of relying on polling elmaonline.net (which is what my script did).
So now 2 equal autouploaded winrecs for each battle on recsource? Such a spam

ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

What makes you think that would be the case? Pay attention, you can also clearly see that is not happening if you visit the site.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

It's not even possible to upload same replay twice Redline, get together my biggest fan!
ROKKEBOL
Kuski

Post by ROKKEBOL »

I dont visit the "Battles" section.I usually watch winrecs directly in elma. But yes, i like recsause more than elma.seamy.ru for some reason. Good job, Domi! :beer:

Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Why does this happen so often?
http://www.recsource.tv/r/ltgsbcmdpf
"This replay is missing the correct .lev file. You can use the form below to upload the file."
Uploader: eolbot
~2 hours ago

http://www.recsource.tv/r/vbasqcxtnk
Uploader: eolbot
~7 hours ago
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I'm not exactly sure why this seems to happen more frequently now that eolbot is doing the uploads, it still uses the same script within the upload script that fetches the level from eol db. The problem is that it searches elmaonline.net with the level filename and downloads the first result found, which of course is not always the correct (version of the) level. This is fairly simple task for me to fix (loop it through all the search results until find the correct level), I will get it done as soon as I get my coding environment on a suitable level on my new computer (maybe already today).
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Hopefully fixed now.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Very thank you ville_j ! I will dream about you tonight.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

The bot is banned from eol atm. because it was continuously reconnecting. This is what is affecting #irc_eol channel, battle notifier, dunno if other things. I pinged domi on irc about it, but at that point he was over a week idle.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

The bot was actually banned on Friday and unbanned on Saturday, I just didn't launch it because there was no point, as it would get banned again eventually. Finally today I made an admin command to reconnect to EOL manually and disabled auto-reconnection, so the bot is back, but it will require manual intervention every time it loses connection to EOL. The current list of people that have access to bot admin console: EOL mods, me, anpe, 5tr1k3r and bene. If bot disconnects from EOL or if someone needs to be banned/unbanned for irc-spamming, ping some of those.

Also its hard to refrain from noticing that banning the bot was a somewhat strange thing to do, and I won't even know about it if I didn't check. If you guys wanted to solve the problem, you could have tried to contact me better than highlighting on the IRC channel. Anyway, if something serious happens again (like bot goes offline from IRC), please write to irc pm, lauta pm or ask anpe/5tr1k3r for my contacts, or, in case it's ultra-urgent, Markku now knows my phone number.
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

Norm, imo the problem was resolved oke. Speaking about contact info, would vk be a good way of pinging you in case of emergency?
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Ye, vk absolutely fine.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

dawid wrote:wrong link to recsource here http://elmaonline.net/battles/98117. dunno if is it common error.
ville_j wrote:That's more of an eolbot error than eol site problem.
There seems to be something wrong with eolbot recsource uploading.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

ville_j wrote:
dawid wrote:wrong link to recsource here http://elmaonline.net/battles/98117. dunno if is it common error.
ville_j wrote:That's more of an eolbot error than eol site problem.
There seems to be something wrong with eolbot recsource uploading.
The rec mismatches because it was uploaded late.. Probably your algorithm just assigns the uploaded rec with last balled lev, which always isn't the right lev for the rec.