IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

skint0r
39mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by skint0r »

The Caller: 4/10
Pretty mediocre. Cool idea, but a terrible story made out of it. Just not very interesting, boring and stupid people etc.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Taken 3 - 6/10
A decent movie to watch in the theatres, Bessonishly fast-paced and thrilling. Not really into Maggie Grace (the daughter) but overall OK acting. Things that drag it down are some logical flaws and too obvious/too much exposition. I still recommend it for entertainment.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Warm Bodies: 6/10
Was just oke.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

V/H/S/2: 3/10
Pretty retardo boring stuff with no meaning.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

John Wick: 6/10
Pretty mediocre. Totally oke, but not much beyond that. Seems a bit overrated on IMDB.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Judge: 7/10
Pretty oke, funny, exciting. Maybe a bit overly melodramatic at times, but that didn't ruin it in any way for me personally. By no means was it a masterpiece, but was enjoyable enough to watch.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Fury: 6/10
Maybe a bit low, but not quite a 7 for me. Was pretty oke overall, but maybe not quite as good as people make it out to be.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Super 8: 4/10
Mega disappoint. Pretty unoriginal and cliche story, felt like it had some potential at first, but then I sat the entire time completely uninterested in what was happening. Very skippable and overrated like crazy.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Boxtrolls: 6/10
Was oke, basik predictable story etc. like most animated gak, but liked the general feel of it so whatevz.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Ju-on (The Grudge): 4/10
Boring as shit and pretty unscary.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Körkarlen (The Phantom Carriage): 6/10
Pretty oke, was maybe hoping for a bit more, turned into some scrooge story so kinda meh.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Hello skint0r.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

The Interview (2014): solid 7/10

Few scenes felt a little bit cringy (e.g. fingers), but the dialogues were awesome! Was very fun movie.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Imitation Game - 8/10
Enjoyed very much. Perhaps a 9/10 with someone else than Keira Knightly in that role... Kinda felt that this movie was fishing for Oscars, it's just so "perfectly Oscary".

Kingsman: Secret Service - 5/10
Actually got paid to watch this in a preview :) Although I enjoyed it a fair bit it became quite bizarre and weird in the second half of the movie. Colin Firth good as always. Good entertainment but not cinematically groundbreaking, not that it's trying to be.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Re-watched This Is England (now seen twice) and The Breakfast Club (seen maybe 5-6 times). Really amazing movies in their own ways. Can highly recommend for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

John wrote:Re-watched This Is England (now seen twice) and The Breakfast Club (seen maybe 5-6 times). Really amazing movies in their own ways. Can highly recommend for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.
those are the tips I wanna see in this topic!!! Not just: "Boring as shit and pretty unscary. 4/10" (not pointing at anyone)
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Thanks, John. I'll watch those next.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Whiplash is amazing. I almost died from stress. Almost too tense movie :D
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Drop: 6/10
Pretty mediocre movie, but was oke overall despite everything being terribly cliche. Just your basik "poor guys trying to make a living in tough neighborhood and they get involved with some shit accidentally" type of movie.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

American Sniper - 8/10
A nice biography movie not overly patriotic. Bradley Cooper fitting nicely for the lead role. Some CGI looked pretty crap and one scene where they obviously used a baby doll looked pretty bad too. Maybe will watch again before it goes down from theatres.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Tootsie: 7/10
Was pretty good. The story and the events that follows is a bit predictable and not terribly original, but I found myself laughing quite a few times even if it was a bit cheesy humour. Maybe just from some nostalgic 80s appreciation though, who knows.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Filth: 8/10
Very strange but enjoyable movie
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Incredible Shrinking Man: 6/10
Not so incredible movie, but maybe oke just for its place in history. Though I personally think there's a great deal of better early sci-fi stuff than this one from that era. It was slightly better than expected maybe, but still a bit melodramatic.
Zero wrote:Filth: 8/10
Dame I absolutely hated that, gave some 2/10. Must be something about that type of movie I don't like or something, from reviews and ratings I thought it would have been quite najs and funny, but just ended up hating everything about it somehow.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zero wrote:Filth: 8/10
You are missing a ":" in your link =D

I saw Autómata but didn't like it that much. It felt very similar to iRobot but much less action, and much less Will Smith.
I give it 5/10.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

A Fish Called Wanda: 3/10
Guess not my type of humour/movie, don't think I laughed once, and barely got through the entire thing without dying from boredom. Only plus was Jamie Lee Curtis looking sexy as fuck in very strange way.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Nightcrawler: 8/10
Loved every second of it. One of those movies that hook you in from the start. I went into it barely having read anything about the plot, not seeing any trailer -- basically only knowing it was somewhat highly rated and talked about. I advise you to do the same; avoid any trailers and its potential spoilers. The build-up and character development is the whole movie, so don't ruin it for yourself. Really najs.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I'm Still Here - 3/10
Most likely the first and only time I watch it. Duno what to say. Laughed at a few awkward moments throughout the movie but don't get the message or the point of it all.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Lavender Hill Mob: 7/10
Quite enjoyable albeit simple movie. Just had a nice lighthearted feel to it, while still being interesting enough to get into it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Eyes Wide Shut: 2/10
Didn't really get the appeal of this movie at all. Was bored half to death while watching, waiting for something good or interesting to happen, but it was just trite all the way through for me.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

skint0r wrote:Eyes Wide Shut: 2/10
Didn't really get the appeal of this movie at all. Was bored half to death while watching, waiting for something good or interesting to happen, but it was just trite all the way through for me.
I will have to Watch this again since you gave it such a low rating. I remember it kind of interested me. Sure, it was hard for me to understand what was going on (if there was anything going on?) But I actually ended up liking it I think. I'll watch it again. Good actors though, if I remember correct.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

niN wrote: I will have to Watch this again since you gave it such a low rating. I remember it kind of interested me. Sure, it was hard for me to understand what was going on (if there was anything going on?) But I actually ended up liking it I think. I'll watch it again. Good actors though, if I remember correct.
I don't know, it was as if the movie never took off or started properly for me. Couldn't care less about any of the characters in the movie or feel attached to the events that happened (or not happened, depending on how you want to interpret it). Only positives for me were:
  1. Tom Cruise: sik man, one of the few popular actors who I like besides not being like the greatest oscar material skilled man type of guy. Even if a movie sucks I usually like his part in it for some reason <3
  2. Nicole Kidman in very see-through top, SIK najs tits + nipples, and general body
  3. Some naked womans elsewhere litel plus
  4. Seeing young Alan Cummings looking totally weird and out of place because I mostly know him from his role in The Good Wife where he plays sik najs character (and also sik najs show)
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I can't say too much more now, I will have to rewatch it and post again. I do agree with all your positive Points though, especially nicole kidman!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Theory of Everything - 7/10
Not exactly what I expected. This movie is mostly about Stephen Hawking's personal life rather than his contributions to physics (or the work behind them). Eddie Redmayne definitely got his breakthrough here, very good acting. Sometimes he did that little smirk that Hawking does and it looked very much like the real Hawking. If Redmayne would win an Oscar for this I wouldn't mind but still not 100% impressed, just like with the movie itself. Felt like something was lacking for those truly high ratings.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Imitation Game (2014) - 8/10 at least. Keira was a bit underperforming and the facts are bit off reality, but overall this is very enjoyable movie to watch, screenplay and gak made it interesting. Will rewatch for sure.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Big Heat: 5/10
Incredibly average movie, was expecting a lot more from this. There's nothing too original about the story, and it all feels a bit hollow with the characters and the amount of cliches.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

The Interview (2014): 4/10 Was some funny shit, but then it just felt damn awkwardly odd...
Last edited by Tigro on 4 Feb 2015, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Woman in the Window: 7/10
Was pretty good. Somewhat exciting with some nice surprise.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Big Hero 6: 7/10 at least, was extra hilarious, and liked graphix. Easy for kids, and even I was entertained enuf.
Edit: I gave it 8 eventually.
Last edited by Tigro on 21 Feb 2015, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Man From Earth: 8/10
I think if you find the plot of this movie silly, you might consider the movie to be as well. I however thought it was really awesome. 9/10 on a enjoyment level. Went by really quickly and thought it was somewhat well-done, even though there's a lot of improvements that could have made it better in many ways. Sik najs.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I watched that movie not too long ago, and although it was pretty interesting, I felt that it could have been done way better. It's kinda like they had so many golden opportunities to blow me away but they always failed to deliver.. Also the acting was pretty bad :I

Still a decent movie though, and well worth a watch!
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Yeus if being critical of movie it had many flaws and it sure could have been done in a way that made it way more amazing. I didn't really mind the acting that much. Then again I kind of looked over its flaws because I was just enjoying it so much, blissfully ignorant.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Voices: 5/10
Saw a trailer for this some weeks ago, looked like it could be absolutely hilarious from it. Was quite disappointing in reality though. Was not really that funny, nor very interesting story-wise. You kinda knew everything that was going to happen straight away. On the plus side, it does have Anna Kendrick in it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

The Defiant Ones: 7/10
Pretty oke this one, maybe not quite as mega as was hoping, but still good and exciting enough
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Seconds: 1/10
Jesus gak what a tiresome bullshit movie. I made it a bit over halfway into it then just had to ragequit from being so annoyed. Everything felt so amateurish and poorly done. The way it was filmed, story, actors, just mega nab. Don't get this rating at all.
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Birdman - 6/10
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Against the Sun: 6/10
Nothing spectacular or innovative here, but was quite alright and exciting enough I suppose.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Bug: 3/10
Having this recommended to me by VJ should of course have been quite the warning sign, but I foolishly put my trust in him...................................................................... The first hour or so was super tedious and retarded with nothing happening and a weak barely developing story line going on. The only remotely good part was the last 30 minutes when there's some actual reasoning behind everything that comes to light. Still didn't really make the movie worth much to me though.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Well, Spef said he liked it too so it is well known that only intellectual people are able to understand and appreciate that movie.

But to be honest, I can understand what you're saying. Anyways if you watch movies with that kind of mentality it is no wonder you give such low ratings to many of the movies. Not a diss, just an observation!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

A Time to Kill - 7/10
A nice 90's thriller although predictable. Matthew McDonalds (can't spell his name) did decent job but best actors in this movie is Kevin Spacey and Samuel L. Jackson imo. Stayed awake during the whole movie which is a good sign of a good movie.

Filip & Fredrik presenterar Trevligt folk - 7/10
A documentary about the first ever Somali bandy team in the World Championship in Siberia. Although competing for Somalia they all live as immigrants in the small town of Borlänge, Sweden. Both funny and with an important message.

Big Hero 6 - 6/10
Good animated movie. Enjoyed it pretty much and got a few nice laughs but it borrowed a lot from other movies. Felt like Avengers, Iron Man and Spiderman cloned.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Stonehearst Asylum: 6/10
Had some oke twists and turns, but unfortunately rather weak story-wise. Every time one of those twists came, it was so obvious how things would unfold from it, as they stuck to the most cliche and unoriginal events surrounding everything that happened. Was entertaining enough for a watch though I guess.