Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Re: Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Post by FinMan »

I got the same error thing as b0ne on a win8.1 laptop, apparently it now works (same version) after uninstalling the mcafee trial and disabling windows firewall, the problem most probably being mcafee because who the fuck uses that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Once I put your ddraw.dll in my eol folder, I get an error message saying msvc120.dll is missing and if I download it and put it in eol folder, it still doesn't work, getting error 0x000000000c7. I downloaded the latest video card driver, doesnt work. Downloaded and installed vcredist_x64.exe, still didnt make eol work. Tried to install vcredist_arm.exe too but it didnt want appear to do anything when I tried to run it.

I don't understand what you want to know, I just told all that already, and that's exactly the problem in details...
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Mawane: that's exactly what happened to me. Try putting him into whitelist on all programs of your computer including mspaint, maybe firewalls in first priority.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

screenshots of the error messages i get
http://kopasite.net/up/0/ddrawdll.png
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

FinMan wrote:Try putting him into whitelist on all programs of your computer including mspaint, maybe firewalls in first priority.
ok, but how do i do that whitlist stuff? will look into firewall on our computers now
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Mawane wrote:screenshots of the error messages i get
Not quite the "0x000000000c7" error code.

Well, I'll look at it if there's anything to do.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Mawane wrote:screenshots of the error messages i get
Don't use 64-bit version of the MSVC DLL. Just download and install the x86 version.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

at least that fixed the error box on devin's computer, but now its crashing when trying to open eol.exe

as Smibu told me:
bad news - according to this https://www.opengl.org/discussion_board ... ss-chipset the intel chipset supports only opengl 1.4... which is surely not enough for ddraw.dll and maybe not even SLE

my computer works with it tho :)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

What was the fix for alt-tabbing? I've recently reinstalled my Windows and it's stopped working since then. I've got the newest ddraw.dll I think (the same that's in the first post).
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Madness wrote:What was the fix for alt-tabbing? I've recently reinstalled my Windows and it's stopped working since then. I've got the newest ddraw.dll I think (the same that's in the first post).
That's the newest one. How exactly the alt tabbing doesn't work? Also, do you use the resolution changing flag?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Hmm, it started to work all of a sudden. I don't get it, I didn't change anything as far as I'm aware.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Now the editor started to work too. What did I do to deserve this? :D
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Madness wrote:Now the editor started to work too. What did I do to deserve this? :D
You updated to the latest gpu driver when you reinstalled the os.

...or you've been extra nice to everyone lately :D
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Nah, I installed GPU drivers from a CD right after installing Windows like I always do. Maybe some Windows updates did the trick?
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Madness wrote:Nah, I installed GPU drivers from a CD right after installing Windows like I always do. Maybe some Windows updates did the trick?
Well, in a one way or another you managed to update the drivers to newest (or nonbuggy) ones. I don't know if the drivers could be updated through Windows update, but I'd guess not.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Madness wrote:Nah, I installed GPU drivers from a CD right after installing Windows like I always do.
Why don't you download the newest drivers from the manufacturers website? Drivers from CD are always outdated xDDD
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I just did some frapsing and noticed my fps is somewhere around 260 (with 1920x1080 resolution) which seems very low. I bought this laptop few months ago: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/G771JM/specifications/ with that i7 processor. I don't know if this really belongs in this topic, but is there anything I could try to get more fps or is it just what it is?
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Ville_J wrote:I just did some frapsing and noticed my fps is somewhere around 260 (with 1920x1080 resolution) which seems very low. I bought this laptop few months ago: https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/G771JM/specifications/ with that i7 processor. I don't know if this really belongs in this topic, but is there anything I could try to get more fps or is it just what it is?
Try the dll.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well my post wasn't _that_ irrelevant to this topic, of course I am already using it.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Maybe the dll utilizes the integrated card instead of that nvidia one. Try to disable the integrated card in device manager. Dunno any other reason that could cause low fps.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Okay I found a setting from nvidia control panel where you could define which one it would use. It did default elma to the integrated card, but after I switched it to use the other one the fps became even lower, around 180. I tried changing few other settings I could define there, but it didn't have any effect on the fps but surely there must be something limiting it.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Ville_J wrote:Okay I found a setting from nvidia control panel where you could define which one it would use. It did default elma to the integrated card, but after I switched it to use the other one the fps became even lower, around 180. I tried changing few other settings I could define there, but it didn't have any effect on the fps but surely there must be something limiting it.
I think it might not use the gpu at all right now. I'm pretty sure the fps should increase to +200 if it uses the nvidia gpu correctly. Can't say how to fix that, though.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well I now tried disabling the integrated one and it just resulted in elma being more laggy and after a reboot I couldn't access nvidia control panel anymore (also couldn't change which screens my computer should use, it defaulted cloning to both screens), it seems like things are a bit twisted. Maybe the setup is somehow weird in this laptop, I don't understand any of this.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Bjenn wrote:
Madness wrote:Nah, I installed GPU drivers from a CD right after installing Windows like I always do.
Why don't you download the newest drivers from the manufacturers website? Drivers from CD are always outdated xDDD
I don't know, I think I've developed some kind of phobia about newest drivers from the Internet. I did it once and everything in Elma started to flicker and there was no way to put it right. Terrifying experience.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Newest ATI drivers had mongo colors in elma couple years ago, but now the newest works just fine!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

When I updated my ATI drivers a few weeks ago, everything in my PC went mongo and had to delete driver and reinstall the stock one.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I downloaded this .dll to get more fps on laptop (I wasn't able to do int05 brutal, that I was able to do on PC, which I no longer have), but got half fps instead (had cca 600 at my laptop before, now 200-300 - it feels like fucking serious lag). Also the resolution didn't fit my screen (have 1366x768 screen, which is not in eolconf.exe) and that .txt file to change resolution to fullscreen didn't solve the problem (always got "incorrect resolution" error msg or smth like that).

I have
AMD A6-3400M APU
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
win 7 64-bit

When I deleted ddraw.dll, my EOL won't open anymore. (It plays "error" sound)

pls halp
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Bludek wrote:I downloaded this .dll to get more fps on laptop (I wasn't able to do int05 brutal, that I was able to do on PC, which I no longer have), but got half fps instead (had cca 600 at my laptop before, now 200-300 - it feels like fucking serious lag). Also the resolution didn't fit my screen (have 1366x768 screen, which is not in eolconf.exe) and that .txt file to change resolution to fullscreen didn't solve the problem (always got "incorrect resolution" error msg or smth like that).

I have
AMD A6-3400M APU
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
win 7 64-bit

When I deleted ddraw.dll, my EOL won't open anymore. (It plays "error" sound)

pls halp
Yes, I guess you played in windowed mode since the resolution change didn't work. In windowed mode the game is laggy because the desktop must be rendered aswell. Are you sure the resolution is actually the same as your screen's resolution? Because I think the eol won't start simply because the resolution is set wrong, so eol without the dll cannot set it either.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Ropelli wrote: Are you sure the resolution is actually the same as your screen's resolution? Because I think the eol won't start simply because the resolution is set wrong, so eol without the dll cannot set it either.
Bludek wrote:(have 1366x768 screen, which is not in eolconf.exe)
The EOL started before the new .dll with no problem, stretching the selected resolution in eolconf.exe to the whole screen. Had 1280x800 before with 1.5 zoom (IIRC) and it worked very well.
Why it does not work now, when ddraw.dll is not there anymore?

Maybe your .dll will work fine, if I would actually be albe to play in fullscreen :(
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Bludek wrote:
Ropelli wrote: Are you sure the resolution is actually the same as your screen's resolution? Because I think the eol won't start simply because the resolution is set wrong, so eol without the dll cannot set it either.
Bludek wrote:(have 1366x768 screen, which is not in eolconf.exe)
The EOL started before the new .dll with no problem, stretching the selected resolution in eolconf.exe to the whole screen. Had 1280x800 before with 1.5 zoom (IIRC) and it worked very well.
Why it does not work now, when ddraw.dll is not there anymore?

Maybe your .dll will work fine, if I would actually be albe to play in fullscreen :(
Well, obviously the dll won't have any effect if it's not loaded to eol. And it won't be loaded, if you've deleted it. I can't think of any other cause than the resolution not working in the first place.. You could try to restart the pc if the eol without dll starts working after that. If not, it has never worked.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Are you sure your ddraw.dll does not change anything else, when loaded?

It still does not work after restart of pc.

Maybe I'll try to be without elma for some time. Why not. I will dl clean EOL later and put all settings there again, when I feel like it.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Bludek wrote:Are you sure your ddraw.dll does not change anything else, when loaded?

It still does not work after restart of pc.

Maybe I'll try to be without elma for some time. Why not. I will dl clean EOL later and put all settings there again, when I feel like it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Why not choose a resolution that works with the pc?
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Ok, my bad. It works now. Sry

edit: U were obviously right, some resolutions just do not work and I tried only those, somehow. I nab.
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

Tried to dl this to get higher fps, but now my eol doesnt open. I deleted ddraw, but still doesnt work. I guess ill now just quit elma and start go gym more. Bb.
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

iltsu wrote:Tried to dl this to get higher fps, but now my eol doesnt open. I deleted ddraw, but still doesnt work. I guess ill now just quit elma and start go gym more. Bb.
not sure if srs or nat
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I just upgraded to windows 10 and when I tried to play elma it was impsy! seriously half a second delay on the keypresses. I thought damnit! But then I remembered this and I tried it and voila! You're a superstar Ropelli :)
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Im getting the little grey square in the left/up corner and Elma doesnt open, does anybody have the same problem?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

sla wrote:Im getting the little grey square in the left/up corner and Elma doesnt open, does anybody have the same problem?
I get a little grey rectangle, then the game opens. For me it's an indication that it will open at any moment. But I don't have the ddraw wrapper.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

sla wrote:Im getting the little grey square in the left/up corner and Elma doesnt open, does anybody have the same problem?
What happens if you click on it?
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Nothing. Seems like it would open, but the rectangle and the Elma icon in the bar are still until I close it after a minut.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

How can I enable vsync?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

eolconf.exe

NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Chris wrote:How can I enable vsync?
Orcc wrote:eolconf.exe

You can't actually enable vsync if using ddraw.dll. It's always disabled.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Oh, well then I guess capping the fps is the way to go.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

why would anyone ever in any case enable vsync anyway
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

I did it yesterday to play Animal Farm start and it was better than off. We all know the difference in some levs!
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

No, we do not. Just set up correct fps in eolconf and no problems.
Team SPEED

Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

I think everyone want/should know or try all modes: fps, vsync on/off and variants on differents levs and tricks and its good to know how to (8
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

If I understand correctly, having vsync on is the same as having a very low FPS (<60), at least according to this: http://wiki.elmaonline.net/Tuning

Haven't personally tested that much though, so dunno if there's any definitive difference between having vsync on or just capping low fps.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

that article quite nab writen buy me in some random evening. Would be interesting to have a more technical article on inner workinks of elma, written by someone who knows he is shit