terribly sad news

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

devin
Kuski

terribly sad news

Post by devin »

I regret to inform the community marck antoine siminoue has died today. I found out from his sister that the police found him dead in his locker at work. I have no words i really feel like saying now except im terribly sad. Mawane was just here a week ago and im still waoting for him to come online and talk to me. Elma lost an amazing person today
-brag
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Re: terribly sad news

Post by ville_j »

This is very sad news :( My condolences to his family and friends. He was a good level designer and a fun personality, truly part of the scene. Rest in peace man.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Damn. Miss him already.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

wait, what? is this for real? what the fuck.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Oh fuck, it's always so horrifying to hear about a young person's death. My sincerest condolences.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

maw was the guy, who wrote me an e-mail after my appearance in Banana Cup 4 (back in 2009), that he liked my rec from last event and that I should try playing belma. He also wrote me all the instructions how to join and even more info. I'm rly grateful to him for that. If it wasn't for him, I'd be part of the community much later.

I am really sad now
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Unbelievable... Such a nice and friendly person...
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I don't believe this. Is this for real? And in his locker???

I'm very sad to see him go, Mawane was the first guy I met when I first logged into EOL. We've talked about many stupid things, it was very fun. Great designer, too.

Rest in Peace, mate. I'll wear the shirt you made for me in your memory.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I feel liek Mawane didn't receive the recognition he deserved. He was extreemly friendly, always had original ideas in lev design, yet he was walked on for entirely petty and superficial things. It's just pointless to say this in hindsight. Whatever happened, I hope it was quick. :/

Strength to Devin and other friends.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Oh fuck. Mawa was one of my first Elma friends. Just a genuine and friendly guy, always. Easy to talk to; I was just wondering that we should co-make some levs again a few days ago.

We lost a great guy, and like Lousku, I miss him already too. Rest in peace.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Damn that is really sad.. I wonder what happened =(
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

:| :| :| i hope its just stupid drunken joke (maybe senseless but im relying on absolutely inccorectly written surname + sum typo)
such situations make me regret any unkind word said towards Mawa, even in jokes, he was really kind guy, trying his best to help people and get them entertained in game. i just hope to hear its not true
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Trust me there is no joke my gf is going to go to his funeral since i cant leave the country. He would have done the same for me. I have too many questions except now i just hope it was painless. ..they believe suicide but the mawane i know wouldnt do that. Rest in peace little buddy
-brag
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

this is so fucked up. i have no words.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I don't really know what funerals look like but would it be possible for Devin's girlfriend to somehow mention that there is a whole community on the internet of people who really cared about Mawane? Like maybe bring flowers on our behalf, it would probably make his family and his friends feel just a little bit better...
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Terrible news cant comprehend.. :( Mawa was always nice to me, only talked about good stuff like levs or other games etc :/

Devin dont say that.. Probably not the best of times to have a discussion about it but sometimes people suffer from hidden things they cant control and no one else can see. It has happened to me twice. One guy up and disappeared and never came back, they found depressing stuff on his computer at home that not even his girlfriend for years knew about.

I'd hate to think it was murder :/
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

:( First man I saw in belma chat and Warm Up, made my shirt, my fav designer in the beginning :) very fun website with many levs
RIP Mawane
berh maybe you need to look in the mirror
ToMaT
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Lousku wrote:I feel liek Mawane didn't receive the recognition he deserved.
My thoughts exactly. He was also a bit outsider in the scene due to the timezones. Sad that he's gone. Surely it would be nice to have a sign of Elma scene in his funeral, I think Elma meant a lot to him.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Elma did mean alot to him. He drove 10h to come see me and play elma with me. He was too young. Far too young. It seemed like just yesterday we were out racing go karts and playing miniature golf. He was also one of my first elma friends to have chatted with outside of the game. I just wish I had the chance to say a more proper goodbye when he left. I shook his hand last sunday, said goodbye, and watched and waved as he headed out of my driveway. If I would have known I'd never talk to him again, I would have said more maybe could have done something to help him.

The only update I have for you guys is that the coroner is ruling it a suicide but autopsy reports are not back yet of course to find the cause. Regardless of the cause, I think everyone here will miss him dearly as we were the only friends he really had.
-brag
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Such sad news :( He was always friendly, helpful and one of the more creative guys in the scene, always looking for ways to move the scene forward. R.I.P
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

This is very sad news indeed. :(

I myself didn't know Mawane more than from EOL, but whenever we chatted, he seemed like a very nice and friendly person and other people's comments confirm that.

So sad he died young... with all his life ahead... :( R.I.P. Mawa!

We should do something in his memory, a cup or something, anything... Probably not the best time to suggest this, but he deserves our homage imo.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

This is pretty surreal. Very sad news indeed. He always seemed like a fun guy when we chatted. Good levels and spirit.

Goodbye Mawane.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
virus
Kuski

Post by virus »

so sad, he was the only one who commented my new vids( rip Mawa. You was a very cool man
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

So sad news :( RIP Mawane!
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I really don't know what to say :(. Mawane was such a unique guy in the community. I'll miss him and his levels.
Team MiE
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Wow.. I haven't been this upset in a very long time.. I'm in shock really.

Mawane was one of my first, if not the first person i knew from elma. We both started out on elmasite, and since we didn't speak german like the others we kinda stuck together a bit. I always competed with him in ints back in the days before we even had <50min TT. God, I miss those days now.

He always seemed really happy and cool whenever we chatted. Haven't really talked to him in a long time though, mainly due to work timezone differences.. He will surely be missed by everyone in the scene, and by myself.

I agree with Mrrrr. Let's get the entire scene together and make the best fucking chain pipe we can in honor of Mawane. Never gonna be as good as 1-3 without him, but we'll do our best!
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Mawane was one of the first ones with whom I was in touch with from the Elma scene as well. I regret for not really talking with him during the last ~5 years.
kuchitsu wrote:I don't really know what funerals look like but would it be possible for Devin's girlfriend to somehow mention that there is a whole community on the internet of people who really cared about Mawane? Like maybe bring flowers on our behalf, it would probably make his family and his friends feel just a little bit better...
I think this is a great idea. Devin could give his PayPal and internet bank info so that we could give him money for that.
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

WTF 8O my deepest condolences fellow elmer. I really enjoyed having mawane in the scene, it was always comforting knowing another canadian was playing. He was very intelligent and not to mention he probably made 50% of the shirts currently used online. I may have to switch back to my mawa designed shirt for commemoration. Although Canada is vast, Good bye neighbour. RIP

!!!Agreed this thread needs to be printed off and posted at the funeral. Show how many kuskis lives he touched.
TT= 38 somethin
-T0ny-
Kuski

Post by -T0ny- »

WTF... i cant believe. We talked to many times, skyped,made all the pies for me... And to think we never even got to meet in person. We always tried to set something up but i lived so far until this summer when i move about 2 hours away from him. We had planned on seeing each other sometime this summer and he had just posted this on my wall monday (after seeing pictures from my trip to Alaska):

"dire que j'ai pensé passer te voir sur le chemin en allant chez devin ou au retour, je me sens mieux de ne pas y avoir été sachant que tu étais absent :P "

rough translation :

"I was thinking about stopping by at your place to see you on my way to/back from Devin's, I feel better not to have stopped now that i see you weren't there"

Fuck ill miss this guy and all the great things he did for eol,

RIP mawane :cry:
HatCat
Kuski

Post by HatCat »

Damn. He made my shirt and has been very nice to me. I was jogging next to where he was living once and didn't want him to come with me as I didn't want to be slowed down. I regret that. I have never seen him in person.

This whole thing makes me sad.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

I would love to represent the elma community, through my gf that is. She knows how much this game and community meant to him. Im unsure thus far of a funeral date and she is trying to get a passport straightened around so she will be able to go. We do not have much extra money it will cost about 200USD in gasoline as it is 700 Miles one way. Marck would be pleased to see all of your condolences and nice words you have shared for him. I have something to share from his visit. The photo was taken right after he arrived last week :)

-brag
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Mawane were such a core part of the elma community for me. This is unbelievably sad.
Fucking broken image every month
lompe
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by lompe »

Feels horrible. I dont really know what to say.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

I talked with Mawane as recently as last week, while he was at Devin's place... cannot find the words here, this is a bolt from the blue :'((

I saw this thread for the first time when it had only one post; I really didn't believe this at first.

We talked quite a bit about Elmanager via chat and PMs; he helped with testing and motivated me to continue fixing bugs and adding features. I am sure I will miss him. :(
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Update: Police contact his sister and want to meet with her and Marcks mother for a criminal investigation regarding Marck and his workplace. By the sounds of it, it sounds like a homicide investigation.

I dont believe suicide. My girlfriend had a dream this morning Marck came and visited her, she asked him if he really committed suicide and he just shook his head no and smiled, gave her a hug and said goodbye. I know it sounds crazy but you never know. Its impossible for him to do that to himself. I wont believe it.

I guess I will put more information as I can get it.
-brag
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

thats just scary, sounds like a story taken from criminal series :S
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

Who would want to do such a terrible thing to such a nice guy? :(
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I first made contact with Mawane maybe 7 years ago when he randomly added me on WLM and started asking me questions, trying to get to know me. We soon became good internet friends.
Marck was always there if I needed to chat with someone. All I had to do was open Skype and he was there. I would leave messages for him while he was asleep or at work and he would do the same.

"I dreamed about u all night. Hanging out together. Was max fun"

The last message Mawane left for me on Skype the same day he died. Not the words of someone about to kill themselves. He was planning on coming to NZ to visit me later this year or early next year, and he and I were both quite excited about that. He was a man with future plans. Not about to end his life. I know for sure it wasn't a suicide. I hope the truth is uncovered eventually.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

We had been working on ChainPi4 with mw for a long time, slowly part by part. I've already contacted a couple guys and I feel like we should finish the thing and make it as good as ever possible.
I will need help with this task and would be nice if you guys pitched in in whatever way you feel like. Getting the visuals right and testplaying the lev are quite important if we want to make a level worthy of the title.
There is around 15 parts atm and we are running out of vertices so would be nice to make an ending to the level asap so there is a possibility to use grass like in the earlier chainpipes.

For some personal words I could simply say that Mawane is the number one reason I found my way to online elma in the first place. It was just awesome to have him around and I will sure as hell miss the guy. Peace
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I feel terrible to read this. Mawane was such a nice guy, never offensive to anyone, always positive, happy and spreading a good mood, making the best pipes... It wasn't his time to go. :| Rest in peace.
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

well, this really bums me out. condolences to everybody close to him.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I'm terribly sorry to hear of Marck's passing. My sincere condolences to all those who were close to him.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

I can't explain my feelings right now, but i probably don't even have to. I see everyone feels the same way.
Today i wrote to mawane at morning knowing he was absent at work, asking for help with something elma-related, he would get back from work and reply to me and help me as always. As with almost everything elma-related i've done, he always helped me. He was my friend since i got in belma, he was just too damn friendly. I miss him, i miss him very much already. To write something about him bring tears to my eyes.

I don't believe he ended his life. He didn't deserve to go. Im very sad for him.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Jack
Beginner kuski

Post by Jack »

Can't believe it. One of the closer people to me in conversation since I began elma as he tended to play within the hours I play, always was a pleasing conversation. Was within the last week or two he was spying me and someone else race in his FF where he added an invisible poly before the flower. We both somehow managed to dodge the poly and we all had a good "HAHAHHAHA" moment once we checked in editor to see how lucky we got. Going to miss him and his mawpis <3
knock
Kuski

Post by knock »

Mawane was by far the most helpful player I've encountered since I started playing again. Friendly and always in a good mood. Rest in peace dude!
blargh!
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

RIP Mawane

Thanks for your openness and for pushing us forward!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

I'm really sorry to hear this. We're such a small community that such information always has bigger impact. I didn't have many encounters with Mawane but I remember one. He registered on our polish board (when it still existed) and asked about some recs from Twin Cup (it was a small cup held by Kuj2 and Ramzi). I gave him my recs since they were the only ones I had and I remember he complimented them which was very kind of him.

Rest in peace, mate.
DR@CON
Kuski
Team: LATP

Post by DR@CON »

Very sad :( Hardly communicate with him personally, but he looked like a good man. All prev posts is confirmation. Was talented levelmaker. How many beautiful levs he made! And no new mawpi anymore :( He made a huge contribution in elma scene for sure, always tried to help somehow. Cant believe.
Sincere condolences to all his close friends. Rest in peace, Mawa.
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

This is really sad to hear. Mawane was the most open, frendly and helpfull elmakuski. It's just few days since he made my new shirt.
Lately I was really liking his battle lev's. Repose en paix mon ami...
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Lockyon
Beginner kuski

Post by Lockyon »

First of all my sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

When I first started playing (I was 12 years old at the time, about 8 years ago) you idolize quite quickly I would say.
So when I came across this friendly guy who was pretty amazing in my eyes, he quickly became my idol.
I'm always surprised with how close and nice of a cummunity this is and it is sad hearing that everyone has lost a great friend.

Rest in peace Marck